|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the British fight in Concord?
2. Where is Dr. Warren shot?
3. What happens when Johnny goes to the Silsbee farm?
4. Where does Mr. Lorne hide?
5. Who ends up marrying Mr. Tweedie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Lyte Bible important to Johnny?
2. Why were the British surprised at the fortitude of the Minute Men?
3. Why did the British leave Lexington after the confrontation on the North Bridge?
4. Explain how Johnny felt when he couldn't find anyone at the Silsbee farm.
5. How might the soldiers have felt marching toward Lexington?
6. Why isn't Johnny punished for treason for helping the British?
7. Why did Pumpkin want to desert the British military?
8. Why is Johnny upset when Rab says he is leaving Boston?
9. How did Johnny's relationship with Rab affect Johnny's part in the revolution?
10. Why would it be helpful to know where the British troops were going?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Johnny's youth impacted many of his actions. If Johnny had been older do you think he would have agreed to be a double agent? Would he have been so eager to help the Observers? Would he have fled Boston like some other citizens?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the relationship between Johnny and Rab.
1) Did their ages play a significant role?
2) Was there any rivalry
3) Would Rab have risked himself to grant Johnny's last wish?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Mr. Tweedie's importance to the Lapham family and their business. How did the relationship affect the Lapham girls?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)