|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which item is not used to make gunpowder?
2. What does Rab give to Johnny before he dies?
3. Who is executed for desertion?
4. Who is the last of Colonel Smith's men to return?
5. Who are the only civilians allowed near the ferry slip in North Boston?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Lyte Bible important to Johnny?
2. Why is it important to spread the news of the Battle of Lexington before the British find out?
3. Why did Pumpkin want to desert the British military?
4. Why do the colonists dump the tea into Boston Harbor?
5. Explain how Johnny felt when he couldn't find anyone at the Silsbee farm.
6. Why did the Observers believe that war was inevitable?
7. Why were the British surprised at the fortitude of the Minute Men?
8. How did Johnny feel when Pumpkin was executed?
9. Why are the British soldiers angry when they find that the colonist leaders are gone?
10. Why did the colonists choose to hang lanterns in the North Church tower?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How might the story have changed if Rab had left Boston when he had the chance? Why do you think he stayed? Loyalty? Patriotism? Freedom? Friendship?
Essay Topic 2
The Sons of Liberty arranged the Boston Tea Party as a protest to taxation without representation.
1) Explain the pros and cons of taking such drastic measures against the British.
2) What other ways could the tea tax have been settled?
3) Did the Sons of Liberty realize the extent of potential repercussions?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Mrs. Lapham may have felt when Isannah chose to go with Lavinia Lyte.
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)