|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Lorne hide?
2. What objects were used to warn the colonists of the oncoming British?
3. What group planned to head off the British?
4. Who does Paul Revere warn about the fighting at Lexington?
5. Where does Rab go with his new gun?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Johnny's relationship with Rab affect Johnny's part in the revolution?
2. Why did Pumpkin want to desert the British military?
3. Why is it important to spread the news of the Battle of Lexington before the British find out?
4. Why would it be helpful to know where the British troops were going?
5. Explain how Johnny felt when he couldn't find anyone at the Silsbee farm.
6. Why would the British want to commandeer horses belonging to somebody else?
7. How might the soldiers have felt marching toward Lexington?
8. Why did the British leave Lexington after the confrontation on the North Bridge?
9. Why isn't Johnny punished for treason for helping the British?
10. Why were the British surprised at the fortitude of the Minute Men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider Johnny's relationship with Cilla. What might happen during the course of the war? 5 years after? 10 years after?
Essay Topic 2
The Sons of Liberty took great risks against all odds to separate themselves from Britain.
1) Do you think you would have made the same choice or would you have gone along with the crowd?
2) Which of the Sons of Liberty were you able to identify with most?
3) Would you have been willing to fight or hide the rebels?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the war may have changed if Paul Revere hadn't reached Charlestown in time. Would the British have been able to take advantage of the unpreparedness of the Minute Men?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)