|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ratio of the British to American soldiers at the first battle?
2. What item do Cilla and Johnny retrieve from the house?
3. Where is Johnny's mother buried?
4. Where does Mr. Lorne hide?
5. Who does Johnny say should not be treated like cordwood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Johnny upset when Rab says he is leaving Boston?
2. Why did the colonists choose to hang lanterns in the North Church tower?
3. What options did the colonists have in developing a spy system?
4. Why would the British want to commandeer horses belonging to somebody else?
5. Why is the Lyte Bible important to Johnny?
6. Why did the British leave Lexington after the confrontation on the North Bridge?
7. Why are the British soldiers angry when they find that the colonist leaders are gone?
8. Why would Pumpkin save Johnny?
9. Why were the soldiers running so late in leaving Boston?
10. Why does Mrs. Lapham marry Mr. Tweedie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Johnny almost gave away his identity by helping the injured Lieutenant Stranger. Explore the pros and cons of Johnny's feelings and actions regarding their friendship.
Essay Topic 2
The Sons of Liberty arranged the Boston Tea Party as a protest to taxation without representation.
1) Explain the pros and cons of taking such drastic measures against the British.
2) What other ways could the tea tax have been settled?
3) Did the Sons of Liberty realize the extent of potential repercussions?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the war may have changed if Paul Revere hadn't reached Charlestown in time. Would the British have been able to take advantage of the unpreparedness of the Minute Men?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)