|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which item is not used to make gunpowder?
2. Who does Paul Revere warn about the fighting at Lexington?
3. Where is the first battle held?
4. Where does Johnny go to search for Dr. Warren and Rab?
5. What group planned to head off the British?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the colonists choose to hang lanterns in the North Church tower?
2. How is Johnny able to help the spies gain information from the British?
3. Why is the Lyte Bible important to Johnny?
4. Why did Pumpkin want to desert the British military?
5. Why is Johnny upset when Rab says he is leaving Boston?
6. How did Johnny feel when Pumpkin was executed?
7. Why do the colonists dump the tea into Boston Harbor?
8. Why is it important to spread the news of the Battle of Lexington before the British find out?
9. Why are the British soldiers angry when they find that the colonist leaders are gone?
10. Why does Mrs. Lapham marry Mr. Tweedie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Johnny almost gave away his identity by helping the injured Lieutenant Stranger. Explore the pros and cons of Johnny's feelings and actions regarding their friendship.
Essay Topic 2
The Sons of Liberty arranged the Boston Tea Party as a protest to taxation without representation.
1) Explain the pros and cons of taking such drastic measures against the British.
2) What other ways could the tea tax have been settled?
3) Did the Sons of Liberty realize the extent of potential repercussions?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Mrs. Lapham may have felt when Isannah chose to go with Lavinia Lyte.
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)