|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who commandeers Goblin?
2. What inspired the Observers to institute a spy system?
3. Which weapon most interests Rab?
4. How were Lavinia Lyte and Johnny's mother related?
5. On whose home are the Sons of Liberty preparing to cause trouble?
Short Essay Questions
1. How might the soldiers have felt marching toward Lexington?
2. How is Johnny able to help the spies gain information from the British?
3. What options did the colonists have in developing a spy system?
4. How did Johnny feel when Pumpkin was executed?
5. Why is the Lyte Bible important to Johnny?
6. Why did the colonists choose to hang lanterns in the North Church tower?
7. Why does Mrs. Lapham marry Mr. Tweedie?
8. Explain how Johnny felt when he couldn't find anyone at the Silsbee farm.
9. Why are the British soldiers angry when they find that the colonist leaders are gone?
10. How did Johnny's relationship with Rab affect Johnny's part in the revolution?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Isannah is quite different from the other Lapham daughters. Explain why you think the girl is so shallow and vain. Does Isannah's rank in the family contribute to her personality? How does Mrs. Lapham relate to Isannah compared to her relationships with the other girls?
Essay Topic 2
The Sons of Liberty arranged the Boston Tea Party as a protest to taxation without representation.
1) Explain the pros and cons of taking such drastic measures against the British.
2) What other ways could the tea tax have been settled?
3) Did the Sons of Liberty realize the extent of potential repercussions?
Essay Topic 3
How might the story have changed if Rab had left Boston when he had the chance? Why do you think he stayed? Loyalty? Patriotism? Freedom? Friendship?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)