|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny find in the Lyte Bible?
2. Who is determined to warn the Minute Men?
3. Which of these men was one of the only leaders to be trusted with secret information?
4. Who ends up marrying Mr. Tweedie?
5. What happens when Johnny goes to the Silsbee farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How might the soldiers have felt marching toward Lexington?
2. How do the British retaliate for the lost tea?
3. Why did the colonists choose to hang lanterns in the North Church tower?
4. Why would it be helpful to know where the British troops were going?
5. Why were the soldiers running so late in leaving Boston?
6. How is Johnny able to help the spies gain information from the British?
7. What options did the colonists have in developing a spy system?
8. Why did Pumpkin want to desert the British military?
9. Why is Johnny upset when Rab says he is leaving Boston?
10. Why does Mrs. Lapham marry Mr. Tweedie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Boston Tea Party was a major event in the destruction of the relationship between the English and Americans. What would have happened if the ships were never attacked? Would King George have ever agreed to equal representation or fair taxes? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Why did Jonathon Lyte promise Sam Adams that he would stop importing goods? Did Lyte feel guilty? Was Lyte just afraid of Adams? Could it have damaged Lyte's business?
Essay Topic 3
How might the story have changed if Rab had left Boston when he had the chance? Why do you think he stayed? Loyalty? Patriotism? Freedom? Friendship?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)