|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Johnny go to search for Dr. Warren and Rab?
2. Where do the spies meet in secret?
3. Who made smocks for Johnny?
4. Who does Johnny say should not be treated like cordwood?
5. Where does Paul Revere go to receive a sign from the British?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Early on, Dove would have been receptive to becoming Johnny's friend. Even though the two boys suffered through animosity and distrust, explain how they could become friends and what benefits it could bring to each.
Essay Topic 2
The Sons of Liberty took great risks against all odds to separate themselves from Britain.
1) Do you think you would have made the same choice or would you have gone along with the crowd?
2) Which of the Sons of Liberty were you able to identify with most?
3) Would you have been willing to fight or hide the rebels?
Essay Topic 3
Many of the activities of the colonists went on underneath the British soldiers' noses.
1) Why did the British fail to learn about the Sons of Liberty, the Observers, and their whereabouts and activities until it was too late?
2) What might have happened if the key members of the Sons of Liberty were jailed?
3) The colonists used the North Church to send a warning about the arrival of the British. Was this a wise move? How might it have backfired?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)