|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes on the ride to warn the Minute Men?
2. Which British officer tries to make friends with the people of Boston?
3. Where did the British fight in Concord?
4. What does Gage call training for the troops?
5. On whose home are the Sons of Liberty preparing to cause trouble?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Lapham marry Mr. Tweedie?
2. Why were the British surprised at the fortitude of the Minute Men?
3. Why would it be helpful to know where the British troops were going?
4. How did Johnny feel when Pumpkin was executed?
5. What options did the colonists have in developing a spy system?
6. Why is Johnny upset when Rab says he is leaving Boston?
7. Why would the British want to commandeer horses belonging to somebody else?
8. Why were the soldiers running so late in leaving Boston?
9. How do the British retaliate for the lost tea?
10. Why did Pumpkin want to desert the British military?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the relationship between Johnny and Rab.
1) Did their ages play a significant role?
2) Was there any rivalry
3) Would Rab have risked himself to grant Johnny's last wish?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Jonathon Lyte promise Sam Adams that he would stop importing goods? Did Lyte feel guilty? Was Lyte just afraid of Adams? Could it have damaged Lyte's business?
Essay Topic 3
Many of the colonists left behind their daily jobs as farmers, silversmiths, and merchants to help the cause.
1) Which person or group made the biggest sacrifice? Explain.
2) How might things have turned out differently if the farmers had been unable to help the Minute Men?
3) What might have happened to a Minute Man's home or business if he were caught?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)