|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Johnny goes to the Silsbee farm?
2. Where did the British fight in Concord?
3. What is the name of the British groom?
4. Which of these men was one of the only leaders to be trusted with secret information?
5. Where do the Lytes go when they flee from Boston?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Observers continue to meet even though it was dangerous?
2. Why were the soldiers running so late in leaving Boston?
3. How is Johnny able to help the spies gain information from the British?
4. Why is Johnny upset when Rab says he is leaving Boston?
5. Why did the Observers believe that war was inevitable?
6. What options did the colonists have in developing a spy system?
7. Why would it be helpful to know where the British troops were going?
8. Why did the colonists choose to hang lanterns in the North Church tower?
9. Why would the British want to commandeer horses belonging to somebody else?
10. Explain how Johnny felt when he couldn't find anyone at the Silsbee farm.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Johnny's youth impacted many of his actions. If Johnny had been older do you think he would have agreed to be a double agent? Would he have been so eager to help the Observers? Would he have fled Boston like some other citizens?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Jonathon Lyte promise Sam Adams that he would stop importing goods? Did Lyte feel guilty? Was Lyte just afraid of Adams? Could it have damaged Lyte's business?
Essay Topic 3
The British troops and the colonists were strangers until the fight for freedom escalated or they faced off in battle.
1) Would things have been different if the troops had known one another?
2) Would it be possible for the British soldiers and Minute Men to become friends? What circumstances might allow that to happen?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)