|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ends up marrying Mr. Tweedie?
2. How were Lavinia Lyte and Johnny's mother related?
3. Who serves as Colonel Smith's groom?
4. Who does Johnny say should not be treated like cordwood?
5. Where is the location of the Lytes' country home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the British leave Lexington after the confrontation on the North Bridge?
2. How do the British retaliate for the lost tea?
3. How is Johnny able to help the spies gain information from the British?
4. Why did the colonists choose to hang lanterns in the North Church tower?
5. Why isn't Johnny punished for treason for helping the British?
6. Why were the British surprised at the fortitude of the Minute Men?
7. Why is the Lyte Bible important to Johnny?
8. Why is Johnny upset when Rab says he is leaving Boston?
9. Explain how Johnny felt when he couldn't find anyone at the Silsbee farm.
10. Why would it be helpful to know where the British troops were going?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Isannah is quite different from the other Lapham daughters. Explain why you think the girl is so shallow and vain. Does Isannah's rank in the family contribute to her personality? How does Mrs. Lapham relate to Isannah compared to her relationships with the other girls?
Essay Topic 2
Many of the activities of the colonists went on underneath the British soldiers' noses.
1) Why did the British fail to learn about the Sons of Liberty, the Observers, and their whereabouts and activities until it was too late?
2) What might have happened if the key members of the Sons of Liberty were jailed?
3) The colonists used the North Church to send a warning about the arrival of the British. Was this a wise move? How might it have backfired?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the relationship between Johnny and Rab.
1) Did their ages play a significant role?
2) Was there any rivalry
3) Would Rab have risked himself to grant Johnny's last wish?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)