|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is determined to warn the Minute Men?
2. Where does Johnny go to see the British troops retreating to Boston?
3. What does Johnny find in the Lyte Bible?
4. Who serves as Colonel Smith's groom?
5. What is the name of the British groom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important to spread the news of the Battle of Lexington before the British find out?
2. How did Johnny's relationship with Rab affect Johnny's part in the revolution?
3. Why did Pumpkin want to desert the British military?
4. How do the British retaliate for the lost tea?
5. How might the soldiers have felt marching toward Lexington?
6. Why is Johnny upset when Rab says he is leaving Boston?
7. Why did the colonists choose to hang lanterns in the North Church tower?
8. Why were the British surprised at the fortitude of the Minute Men?
9. Why did the British leave Lexington after the confrontation on the North Bridge?
10. Why would the British want to commandeer horses belonging to somebody else?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Jonathon Lyte promise Sam Adams that he would stop importing goods? Did Lyte feel guilty? Was Lyte just afraid of Adams? Could it have damaged Lyte's business?
Essay Topic 2
The Sons of Liberty arranged the Boston Tea Party as a protest to taxation without representation.
1) Explain the pros and cons of taking such drastic measures against the British.
2) What other ways could the tea tax have been settled?
3) Did the Sons of Liberty realize the extent of potential repercussions?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the relationship between Johnny and Rab.
1) Did their ages play a significant role?
2) Was there any rivalry
3) Would Rab have risked himself to grant Johnny's last wish?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)