|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Johnny go to see the British troops retreating to Boston?
2. Where do the spies meet in secret?
3. How did the Minute Men get their name?
4. Who sails off to London with the Lytes?
5. Who serves as Colonel Smith's groom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What options did the colonists have in developing a spy system?
2. Why is Johnny upset when Rab says he is leaving Boston?
3. Why isn't Johnny punished for treason for helping the British?
4. Why did the British leave Lexington after the confrontation on the North Bridge?
5. Why did Pumpkin want to desert the British military?
6. Explain how Johnny felt when he couldn't find anyone at the Silsbee farm.
7. How do the British retaliate for the lost tea?
8. How is Johnny able to help the spies gain information from the British?
9. Why do the colonists dump the tea into Boston Harbor?
10. Why would Pumpkin save Johnny?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of the activities of the colonists went on underneath the British soldiers' noses.
1) Why did the British fail to learn about the Sons of Liberty, the Observers, and their whereabouts and activities until it was too late?
2) What might have happened if the key members of the Sons of Liberty were jailed?
3) The colonists used the North Church to send a warning about the arrival of the British. Was this a wise move? How might it have backfired?
Essay Topic 2
The Boston Tea Party was a major event in the destruction of the relationship between the English and Americans. What would have happened if the ships were never attacked? Would King George have ever agreed to equal representation or fair taxes? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The Sons of Liberty took great risks against all odds to separate themselves from Britain.
1) Do you think you would have made the same choice or would you have gone along with the crowd?
2) Which of the Sons of Liberty were you able to identify with most?
3) Would you have been willing to fight or hide the rebels?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)