|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made smocks for Johnny?
2. Who helps Johnny escape from being flogged?
3. Who sails off to London with the Lytes?
4. Which group will not be empowered by the colonists freedom?
5. Where did the British fight in Concord?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Observers continue to meet even though it was dangerous?
2. Why would Pumpkin save Johnny?
3. Why is it important to spread the news of the Battle of Lexington before the British find out?
4. Why were the British surprised at the fortitude of the Minute Men?
5. Why did the colonists choose to hang lanterns in the North Church tower?
6. Why would it be helpful to know where the British troops were going?
7. Why do the colonists dump the tea into Boston Harbor?
8. Why did the British leave Lexington after the confrontation on the North Bridge?
9. Why would the British want to commandeer horses belonging to somebody else?
10. Why is the Lyte Bible important to Johnny?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the war may have changed if Paul Revere hadn't reached Charlestown in time. Would the British have been able to take advantage of the unpreparedness of the Minute Men?
Essay Topic 2
Isannah is quite different from the other Lapham daughters. Explain why you think the girl is so shallow and vain. Does Isannah's rank in the family contribute to her personality? How does Mrs. Lapham relate to Isannah compared to her relationships with the other girls?
Essay Topic 3
The Sons of Liberty took great risks against all odds to separate themselves from Britain.
1) Do you think you would have made the same choice or would you have gone along with the crowd?
2) Which of the Sons of Liberty were you able to identify with most?
3) Would you have been willing to fight or hide the rebels?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)