|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Johnny say should not be treated like cordwood?
2. Where did the British decide to go?
3. What inspired the Observers to institute a spy system?
4. What does Johnny give in return for a uniform and gun?
5. What is the name of the cook at the Lyte house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Lyte Bible important to Johnny?
2. Why were the soldiers running so late in leaving Boston?
3. What options did the colonists have in developing a spy system?
4. Why would the British want to commandeer horses belonging to somebody else?
5. How might the soldiers have felt marching toward Lexington?
6. Why did the British leave Lexington after the confrontation on the North Bridge?
7. Why is it important to spread the news of the Battle of Lexington before the British find out?
8. Why does Mrs. Lapham marry Mr. Tweedie?
9. Why did the Observers continue to meet even though it was dangerous?
10. Why would it be helpful to know where the British troops were going?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of the activities of the colonists went on underneath the British soldiers' noses.
1) Why did the British fail to learn about the Sons of Liberty, the Observers, and their whereabouts and activities until it was too late?
2) What might have happened if the key members of the Sons of Liberty were jailed?
3) The colonists used the North Church to send a warning about the arrival of the British. Was this a wise move? How might it have backfired?
Essay Topic 2
Consider Johnny's relationship with Cilla. What might happen during the course of the war? 5 years after? 10 years after?
Essay Topic 3
The British troops and the colonists were strangers until the fight for freedom escalated or they faced off in battle.
1) Would things have been different if the troops had known one another?
2) Would it be possible for the British soldiers and Minute Men to become friends? What circumstances might allow that to happen?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)