|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were Lavinia Lyte and Johnny's mother related?
2. Where did the British fight in Concord?
3. What objects were used to warn the colonists of the oncoming British?
4. To which division of the British Army does Lieutenant Stranger belong?
5. Where do Mr. and Mrs. Lorne hide out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the colonists dump the tea into Boston Harbor?
2. How did Johnny's relationship with Rab affect Johnny's part in the revolution?
3. Why would the British want to commandeer horses belonging to somebody else?
4. Why did Pumpkin want to desert the British military?
5. Why would it be helpful to know where the British troops were going?
6. Why is the Lyte Bible important to Johnny?
7. What options did the colonists have in developing a spy system?
8. How might the soldiers have felt marching toward Lexington?
9. Why did the Observers continue to meet even though it was dangerous?
10. Why isn't Johnny punished for treason for helping the British?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The British troops and the colonists were strangers until the fight for freedom escalated or they faced off in battle.
1) Would things have been different if the troops had known one another?
2) Would it be possible for the British soldiers and Minute Men to become friends? What circumstances might allow that to happen?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Mr. Tweedie's importance to the Lapham family and their business. How did the relationship affect the Lapham girls?
Essay Topic 3
The Sons of Liberty took great risks against all odds to separate themselves from Britain.
1) Do you think you would have made the same choice or would you have gone along with the crowd?
2) Which of the Sons of Liberty were you able to identify with most?
3) Would you have been willing to fight or hide the rebels?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)