|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which horse is not used by Colonel Smith?
2. What is the name of the cook at the Lyte house?
3. What does Rab give to Johnny before he dies?
4. Where does Johnny go to watch the ships coming into the harbor?
5. What does Johnny find in the Lyte Bible?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Johnny change his appearance in Chapter 12? Why?
2. How is the Battle of Lexington described? Where do the troops go after this battle?
3. What happens when Rab sets up a meeting to buy a musket in Chapter 8?
4. How are the actions of the British referred to as tyrannical in Chapter 7?
5. Why does Johnny go to the Lytes’ home in Chapter 11? Does he achieve his objective there?
6. Why isn't Johnny punished for treason for helping the British?
7. What does Johnny discover from the torn pieces of letters that Lydia gives him?
8. How does Johnny's relationship with Rab affect Johnny's part in the revolution?
9. Who has married in Chapter 8? How are these relationships described?
10. What is the fiddler’s bill and what does it mean for the people of Boston?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of the activities of the Colonists went on underneath the British soldiers' noses.
1) Why did the British fail to learn about the Sons of Liberty, the Observers, and their whereabouts and activities until it was too late?
2) What might have happened if the key members of the Sons of Liberty were jailed?
3) The Colonists used the North Church to send a warning about the arrival of the British. Was this a wise move? How might it have backfired?
Essay Topic 2
The British troops and the Colonists were strangers until the fight for freedom escalated or they faced off in battle.
1) Would things have been different if the troops had known one another?
2) Would it be possible for the British soldiers and Minute Men to become friends? What circumstances might allow that to happen?
Essay Topic 3
Johnny almost gave away his identity by helping the injured Lieutenant Stranger. Explore the pros and cons of Johnny's feelings and actions regarding their friendship. What are Johnny’s actions, objectives, and obstacles in this situation?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)