|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Fiddler's Bill?
2. Who is in command of the farmer-soldiers?
3. Who continues to publish the Observer?
4. On whose home are the Sons of Liberty preparing to cause trouble?
5. How were Lavinia Lyte and Johnny's mother related?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important to spread the news of the Battle of Lexington before the British find out?
2. Why isn't Johnny punished for treason for helping the British?
3. How is Johnny able to help the spies gain information from the British?
4. Why do the colonists dump the tea into Boston Harbor?
5. Why would the British want to commandeer horses belonging to somebody else?
6. How do the British retaliate for the lost tea?
7. Why is the Lyte Bible important to Johnny?
8. Why did the British leave Lexington after the confrontation on the North Bridge?
9. How did Johnny feel when Pumpkin was executed?
10. Why did the Observers continue to meet even though it was dangerous?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Jonathon Lyte promise Sam Adams that he would stop importing goods? Did Lyte feel guilty? Was Lyte just afraid of Adams? Could it have damaged Lyte's business?
Essay Topic 2
The Sons of Liberty took great risks against all odds to separate themselves from Britain.
1) Do you think you would have made the same choice or would you have gone along with the crowd?
2) Which of the Sons of Liberty were you able to identify with most?
3) Would you have been willing to fight or hide the rebels?
Essay Topic 3
The Boston Tea Party was a major event in the destruction of the relationship between the English and Americans. What would have happened if the ships were never attacked? Would King George have ever agreed to equal representation or fair taxes? Explain.
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)