|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jehu give to Johnny?
2. What do the colonists find unfair about Parliament?
3. What animal did Rab save from being butchered?
4. What is the name of the first ship carrying tea into Boston Harbor?
5. How are Mr. and Mrs. Lapham related?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Johnny spend his money on presents for Cilla and Isannah?
2. Why is Mr. Lapham reluctant to allow Johnny to finish the piece for John Hancock?
3. Why is Johnny so secretive about the silver cup?
4. Why was Cilla important to Johnny's case?
5. Why did the Laphams threaten to lock up Cilla?
6. What excuse does Dove give to Mrs. Lapham for handing Johnny the cracked crucible?
7. How is Mr. Lapham able to do business when he is so forgetful?
8. Why does Mr. Lapham tell Johnny to find a new job?
9. In whom does Johnny confide?
10. In the story, what is the main difference between the Whigs and the Tories?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The British troops and the colonists were strangers until the fight for freedom escalated or they faced off in battle.
1) Would things have been different if the troops had known one another?
2) Would it be possible for the British soldiers and Minute Men to become friends? What circumstances might allow that to happen?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Jonathon Lyte promise Sam Adams that he would stop importing goods? Did Lyte feel guilty? Was Lyte just afraid of Adams? Could it have damaged Lyte's business?
Essay Topic 3
The Boston Observer and its print shop play a huge role in the story. Describe how the scenario would have changed if the newspaper did not exist.
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)