Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Observers meet?
2. How does Johnny prove to Merchant Lyte that they are related?
3. Who alerts Johnny and Rab to the approach of the British ships?
4. To whom is Johnny related?
5. What does Jehu give to Johnny?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the silver cup important to Lyte?
2. How is Johnny able to help the spies gain information from the British?
3. Why would the British want to commandeer horses belonging to somebody else?
4. Explain how Johnny felt when he couldn't find anyone at the Silsbee farm.
5. In whom does Johnny confide?
6. Why does Mrs. Lapham marry Mr. Tweedie?
7. How is Mr. Lapham able to do business when he is so forgetful?
8. Why is Johnny so secretive about the silver cup?
9. Why did Pumpkin want to desert the British military?
10. Why did the Observers believe that war was inevitable?
Explain Mr. Tweedie's importance to the Lapham family and their business. How did the relationship affect the Lapham girls?
Johnny's youth impacted many of his actions. If Johnny had been older do you think he would have agreed to be a double agent? Would he have been so eager to help the Observers? Would he have fled Boston like some other citizens?
How might the story have changed if Rab had left Boston when he had the chance? Why do you think he stayed? Loyalty? Patriotism? Freedom? Friendship?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)