|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is not involved in the Tea Party?
2. What symbol was engraved on Rab's medallion?
3. What caused Johnny's accident?
4. What is the name of the street where Paul Revere has his shop?
5. On which street was the Boston Observer located?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is setting type for the newspaper so difficult?
2. Why did Johnny go to the cemetery?
3. Why does Johnny ignore Rab's warnings about Mr. Lyte?
4. Why are Johnny and Rab not allowed to attend the Observer meeting?
5. Why was Cilla important to Johnny's case?
6. What was Mrs. Lapham's motivation for taking on Mr. Tweedie?
7. Why does Mr. Lapham hesitate about accepting the job from John Hancock?
8. How is Mr. Lapham able to do business when he is so forgetful?
9. Describe Jonathon Lyte's attitude upon meeting Johnny.
10. What Mrs. Lapham's responsibilities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Johnny almost gave away his identity by helping the injured Lieutenant Stranger. Explore the pros and cons of Johnny's feelings and actions regarding their friendship.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Mr. Tweedie's importance to the Lapham family and their business. How did the relationship affect the Lapham girls?
Essay Topic 3
The Boston Tea Party was a major event in the destruction of the relationship between the English and Americans. What would have happened if the ships were never attacked? Would King George have ever agreed to equal representation or fair taxes? Explain.
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)