|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is not a tavern in Boston?
2. Why was Johnny arrested?
3. Who takes care of Johnny's injured hand?
4. What was Johnny's punishment for stealing the silver cup?
5. On which street does Sam Adams live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Uncle Lorne hire Johnny?
2. Why did Johnny spend his money on presents for Cilla and Isannah?
3. Why is the silver cup important to Lyte?
4. Why are Johnny and Rab not allowed to attend the Observer meeting?
5. If John Hancock was impressed with Johnny, why wasn't Johnny hired?
6. Describe Jonathon Lyte's attitude upon meeting Johnny.
7. Why is Johnny so secretive about the silver cup?
8. Why does Johnny go to Paul Revere for advice?
9. Why does Johnny ignore Rab's warnings about Mr. Lyte?
10. Why does Mr. Lapham tell Johnny to find a new job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider Johnny's relationship with Cilla. What might happen during the course of the war? 5 years after? 10 years after?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Jonathon Lyte promise Sam Adams that he would stop importing goods? Did Lyte feel guilty? Was Lyte just afraid of Adams? Could it have damaged Lyte's business?
Essay Topic 3
The Boston Tea Party was a major event in the destruction of the relationship between the English and Americans. What would have happened if the ships were never attacked? Would King George have ever agreed to equal representation or fair taxes? Explain.
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)