|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does the main story take place?
2. On which street does Sam Adams live?
3. Where was Mr. Tweedie's hometown?
4. Where do the Observers meet?
5. What was Rab's job at the newspaper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Johnny go to the cemetery?
2. What was Mrs. Lapham's motivation for taking on Mr. Tweedie?
3. What Mrs. Lapham's responsibilities?
4. Why is setting type for the newspaper so difficult?
5. What changes Johnny's perception of the laid-back attitude of Rab?
6. Why does Sam Adams approach Mr. Lorne?
7. Why would Dove choose to give Johnny a cracked crucible?
8. Why does Dove dislike Johnny?
9. If John Hancock was impressed with Johnny, why wasn't Johnny hired?
10. In whom does Johnny confide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the relationship between Johnny and Rab.
1) Did their ages play a significant role?
2) Was there any rivalry
3) Would Rab have risked himself to grant Johnny's last wish?
Essay Topic 2
The Boston Tea Party was a major event in the destruction of the relationship between the English and Americans. What would have happened if the ships were never attacked? Would King George have ever agreed to equal representation or fair taxes? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain Mr. Tweedie's importance to the Lapham family and their business. How did the relationship affect the Lapham girls?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)