|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lavinia Lyte spend the summer?
2. Who is "Old Grandsire?"
3. Which of these books did Johnny not read?
4. What item is NOT used in silversmithing?
5. Why does Johnny leave the Lapham house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would it be helpful to know where the British troops were going?
2. Why does Sam Adams approach Mr. Lorne?
3. Why was Johnny so upset with Isannah when she recoiled from his touch?
4. Why did the Laphams threaten to lock up Cilla?
5. Why did Mr. Lyte have Johnny arrested?
6. Explain how Johnny felt when he couldn't find anyone at the Silsbee farm.
7. Why does Johnny criticize Dove's work?
8. Why did the British leave Lexington after the confrontation on the North Bridge?
9. Why are the British soldiers angry when they find that the colonist leaders are gone?
10. Why does Uncle Lorne hire Johnny?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Mrs. Lapham may have felt when Isannah chose to go with Lavinia Lyte.
Essay Topic 2
Why did Jonathon Lyte promise Sam Adams that he would stop importing goods? Did Lyte feel guilty? Was Lyte just afraid of Adams? Could it have damaged Lyte's business?
Essay Topic 3
The British troops and the colonists were strangers until the fight for freedom escalated or they faced off in battle.
1) Would things have been different if the troops had known one another?
2) Would it be possible for the British soldiers and Minute Men to become friends? What circumstances might allow that to happen?
This section contains 1,139 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)