|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is responsible for having Johnny arrested?
2. For what job did Johnny refuse to apply?
3. Why is it important that Johnny learn to ride?
4. Which one of these is not a doctor involved in the cause?
5. What was Johnny's mother's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. In whom does Johnny confide?
2. Why does John Adams praise the printers?
3. Why is setting type for the newspaper so difficult?
4. What was Mrs. Lapham's motivation for taking on Mr. Tweedie?
5. Why does Johnny go to Paul Revere for advice?
6. Why was Cilla important to Johnny's case?
7. Why does Johnny criticize Dove's work?
8. Describe Jonathon Lyte's attitude upon meeting Johnny.
9. Why did the Laphams threaten to lock up Cilla?
10. What excuse does Dove give to Mrs. Lapham for handing Johnny the cracked crucible?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Mrs. Lapham may have felt when Isannah chose to go with Lavinia Lyte.
Essay Topic 2
Johnny and Dove are characters that are generally in conflict. Compare and contrast their personalities, including likes and dislikes as well as their behavior toward their work and other people. Who is the more likable character? Who would you choose to be your friend?
Essay Topic 3
Many of the colonists left behind their daily jobs as farmers, silversmiths, and merchants to help the cause.
1) Which person or group made the biggest sacrifice? Explain.
2) How might things have turned out differently if the farmers had been unable to help the Minute Men?
3) What might have happened to a Minute Man's home or business if he were caught?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)