|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Lapham use on Johnny's burn?
2. What is the name of the street where Paul Revere has his shop?
3. Where was Mr. Tweedie's hometown?
4. What is Johnny's middle name?
5. How many Saturdays per month did Johnny have off from work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Johnny so upset with Isannah when she recoiled from his touch?
2. What is meant by taxation without representation?
3. Why did Mr. Lyte have Johnny arrested?
4. What Mrs. Lapham's responsibilities?
5. In the story, what is the main difference between the Whigs and the Tories?
6. Why does Sam Adams approach Mr. Lorne?
7. Why is the silver cup important to Lyte?
8. Why did Johnny spend his money on presents for Cilla and Isannah?
9. What changes Johnny's perception of the laid-back attitude of Rab?
10. Why does Johnny go to Paul Revere for advice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Mrs. Lapham may have felt when Isannah chose to go with Lavinia Lyte.
Essay Topic 2
Explore the relationship between Johnny and Rab.
1) Did their ages play a significant role?
2) Was there any rivalry
3) Would Rab have risked himself to grant Johnny's last wish?
Essay Topic 3
The Boston Tea Party was a major event in the destruction of the relationship between the English and Americans. What would have happened if the ships were never attacked? Would King George have ever agreed to equal representation or fair taxes? Explain.
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)