|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to hire Johnny away from Mr. Lapham?
2. What item is being delivered by the British?
3. Who alerts Johnny and Rab to the approach of the British ships?
4. What item did Johnny lack when trying to create Hancock's order?
5. What should have been repealed before anything was imported from England?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dove dislike Johnny?
2. What changes Johnny's perception of the laid-back attitude of Rab?
3. Why does Mr. Lapham hesitate about accepting the job from John Hancock?
4. Why is Johnny upset when Rab says he is leaving Boston?
5. Why did the Laphams threaten to lock up Cilla?
6. In the story, what is the main difference between the Whigs and the Tories?
7. Why was Cilla important to Johnny's case?
8. Why is Johnny so secretive about the silver cup?
9. How might the soldiers have felt marching toward Lexington?
10. In whom does Johnny confide?
Essay Topic 1
Many of the colonists left behind their daily jobs as farmers, silversmiths, and merchants to help the cause.
1) Which person or group made the biggest sacrifice? Explain.
2) How might things have turned out differently if the farmers had been unable to help the Minute Men?
3) What might have happened to a Minute Man's home or business if he were caught?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the war may have changed if Paul Revere hadn't reached Charlestown in time. Would the British have been able to take advantage of the unpreparedness of the Minute Men?
Essay Topic 3
Many of the activities of the colonists went on underneath the British soldiers' noses.
1) Why did the British fail to learn about the Sons of Liberty, the Observers, and their whereabouts and activities until it was too late?
2) What might have happened if the key members of the Sons of Liberty were jailed?
3) The colonists used the North Church to send a warning about the arrival of the British. Was this a wise move? How might it have backfired?
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)