|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rab's medal of a tree represents what secret society?
2. What animal did Rab save from being butchered?
3. On which street does Sam Adams live?
4. Where do the Observers meet?
5. Who is the new partner of the silversmith shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Mrs. Lapham's motivation for taking on Mr. Tweedie?
2. Why would Dove choose to give Johnny a cracked crucible?
3. Explain the scheme by which the Observers were notified of their meeting time.
4. If John Hancock was impressed with Johnny, why wasn't Johnny hired?
5. Why would the British want to commandeer horses belonging to somebody else?
6. Why was Johnny so upset with Isannah when she recoiled from his touch?
7. Why would Pumpkin save Johnny?
8. Why did the British leave Lexington after the confrontation on the North Bridge?
9. Why did Mr. Lyte have witnesses to say that Johnny returned the cup?
10. Explain how Johnny felt when he couldn't find anyone at the Silsbee farm.
Essay Topic 1
Johnny's youth impacted many of his actions. If Johnny had been older do you think he would have agreed to be a double agent? Would he have been so eager to help the Observers? Would he have fled Boston like some other citizens?
Essay Topic 2
Early on, Dove would have been receptive to becoming Johnny's friend. Even though the two boys suffered through animosity and distrust, explain how they could become friends and what benefits it could bring to each.
Essay Topic 3
Pumpkin is representative of many young men and boys who wanted to desert from the British Army to fight for America's freedom.
1) Did Pumpkin realize the danger he was getting himself into by helping Johnny?
2) How did Pumpkin's relationship with Johnny change his outlook? How did it change Johnny's?
3) How might Johnny have felt when he saw Pumpkin being executed?
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)