|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Johnny have to finish the project in secret?
2. Why does John Hancock scold Johnny?
3. How old is Dusty Miller?
4. Which of these traits does not describe Johnny when he was looking for a job?
5. When does the Boston Tea Party take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Johnny spend his money on presents for Cilla and Isannah?
2. Why did Mr. Lyte have witnesses to say that Johnny returned the cup?
3. Why is Mr. Lapham reluctant to allow Johnny to finish the piece for John Hancock?
4. How is Mr. Lapham able to do business when he is so forgetful?
5. Why was Cilla important to Johnny's case?
6. Why did Mr. Lyte have Johnny arrested?
7. Why did Johnny go to the cemetery?
8. What is the big change in Johnny's reaction to the world around him?
9. Explain the scheme by which the Observers were notified of their meeting time.
10. Why are Johnny and Rab not allowed to attend the Observer meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of the activities of the colonists went on underneath the British soldiers' noses.
1) Why did the British fail to learn about the Sons of Liberty, the Observers, and their whereabouts and activities until it was too late?
2) What might have happened if the key members of the Sons of Liberty were jailed?
3) The colonists used the North Church to send a warning about the arrival of the British. Was this a wise move? How might it have backfired?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Mr. Tweedie's importance to the Lapham family and their business. How did the relationship affect the Lapham girls?
Essay Topic 3
Pumpkin is representative of many young men and boys who wanted to desert from the British Army to fight for America's freedom.
1) Did Pumpkin realize the danger he was getting himself into by helping Johnny?
2) How did Pumpkin's relationship with Johnny change his outlook? How did it change Johnny's?
3) How might Johnny have felt when he saw Pumpkin being executed?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)