|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Johnny to ride?
2. Who of these is not one of Lyte's clerks?
3. Who is "Old Grandsire?"
4. What do the colonists find unfair about Parliament?
5. What symbol was engraved on Rab's medallion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dove dislike Johnny?
2. Why is Johnny so secretive about the silver cup?
3. How is Mr. Lapham able to do business when he is so forgetful?
4. Why are Johnny and Rab not allowed to attend the Observer meeting?
5. In the story, what is the main difference between the Whigs and the Tories?
6. What allows Johnny to overcome his fear of Goblin?
7. Why did Johnny spend his money on presents for Cilla and Isannah?
8. Why was Cilla important to Johnny's case?
9. If John Hancock was impressed with Johnny, why wasn't Johnny hired?
10. Why is setting type for the newspaper so difficult?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Isannah is quite different from the other Lapham daughters. Explain why you think the girl is so shallow and vain. Does Isannah's rank in the family contribute to her personality? How does Mrs. Lapham relate to Isannah compared to her relationships with the other girls?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Mr. Tweedie's importance to the Lapham family and their business. How did the relationship affect the Lapham girls?
Essay Topic 3
The Boston Tea Party was a major event in the destruction of the relationship between the English and Americans. What would have happened if the ships were never attacked? Would King George have ever agreed to equal representation or fair taxes? Explain.
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)