|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Rab's family farm?
2. What item is used to stoke a furnace?
3. What does Johnny NOT do at the Lorne house?
4. Why does Johnny have to finish the project in secret?
5. Rab's medal of a tree represents what secret society?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mr. Lyte have Johnny arrested?
2. How is Mr. Lapham able to do business when he is so forgetful?
3. What excuse does Dove give to Mrs. Lapham for handing Johnny the cracked crucible?
4. Why is Johnny so secretive about the silver cup?
5. In whom does Johnny confide?
6. Why does Mr. Lapham hesitate about accepting the job from John Hancock?
7. What is the big change in Johnny's reaction to the world around him?
8. Why does Uncle Lorne hire Johnny?
9. Why is Mr. Lapham reluctant to allow Johnny to finish the piece for John Hancock?
10. Why did Johnny spend his money on presents for Cilla and Isannah?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of the colonists left behind their daily jobs as farmers, silversmiths, and merchants to help the cause.
1) Which person or group made the biggest sacrifice? Explain.
2) How might things have turned out differently if the farmers had been unable to help the Minute Men?
3) What might have happened to a Minute Man's home or business if he were caught?
Essay Topic 2
The British troops and the colonists were strangers until the fight for freedom escalated or they faced off in battle.
1) Would things have been different if the troops had known one another?
2) Would it be possible for the British soldiers and Minute Men to become friends? What circumstances might allow that to happen?
Essay Topic 3
Johnny's youth impacted many of his actions. If Johnny had been older do you think he would have agreed to be a double agent? Would he have been so eager to help the Observers? Would he have fled Boston like some other citizens?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)