|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item is NOT used in silversmithing?
2. What is Rab Silsbee's job?
3. How many members of the Observers are there?
4. What was Rab's job at the newspaper?
5. Who alerts Johnny and Rab to the approach of the British ships?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Lyte Bible important to Johnny?
2. Why did Pumpkin want to desert the British military?
3. Why did the British leave Lexington after the confrontation on the North Bridge?
4. Why does Mr. Lapham hesitate about accepting the job from John Hancock?
5. Why would Pumpkin save Johnny?
6. Why is Mr. Lapham reluctant to allow Johnny to finish the piece for John Hancock?
7. Why were the British surprised at the fortitude of the Minute Men?
8. Why does Johnny go to Paul Revere for advice?
9. What Mrs. Lapham's responsibilities?
10. What options did the colonists have in developing a spy system?
Essay Topic 1
The Boston Observer and its print shop play a huge role in the story. Describe how the scenario would have changed if the newspaper did not exist.
Essay Topic 2
Pumpkin is representative of many young men and boys who wanted to desert from the British Army to fight for America's freedom.
1) Did Pumpkin realize the danger he was getting himself into by helping Johnny?
2) How did Pumpkin's relationship with Johnny change his outlook? How did it change Johnny's?
3) How might Johnny have felt when he saw Pumpkin being executed?
Essay Topic 3
The Sons of Liberty took great risks against all odds to separate themselves from Britain.
1) Do you think you would have made the same choice or would you have gone along with the crowd?
2) Which of the Sons of Liberty were you able to identify with most?
3) Would you have been willing to fight or hide the rebels?
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)