|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Johnny prove to Merchant Lyte that they are related?
2. Which trade was not mentioned by Mr. Lapham in regards to Johnny's possible new job?
3. Which is not one of the ships sent to Boston with tea?
4. What item is being delivered by the British?
5. What is Johnny's middle name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Lyte Bible important to Johnny?
2. Why does Mr. Lapham tell Johnny to find a new job?
3. What allows Johnny to overcome his fear of Goblin?
4. What is the big change in Johnny's reaction to the world around him?
5. Why is the silver cup important to Lyte?
6. Why did the Observers continue to meet even though it was dangerous?
7. Why is Mr. Lapham reluctant to allow Johnny to finish the piece for John Hancock?
8. Why are Johnny and Rab not allowed to attend the Observer meeting?
9. How did Johnny's relationship with Rab affect Johnny's part in the revolution?
10. How is Mr. Lapham able to do business when he is so forgetful?
Essay Topic 1
Explain Mr. Tweedie's importance to the Lapham family and their business. How did the relationship affect the Lapham girls?
Essay Topic 2
Johnny almost gave away his identity by helping the injured Lieutenant Stranger. Explore the pros and cons of Johnny's feelings and actions regarding their friendship.
Essay Topic 3
Johnny's youth impacted many of his actions. If Johnny had been older do you think he would have agreed to be a double agent? Would he have been so eager to help the Observers? Would he have fled Boston like some other citizens?
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)