Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rab's medal of a tree represents what secret society?
2. What animal did Rab save from being butchered?
3. On which street does Sam Adams live?
4. Where do the Observers meet?
5. Who is the new partner of the silversmith shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Mrs. Lapham's motivation for taking on Mr. Tweedie?
2. Why would Dove choose to give Johnny a cracked crucible?
3. Explain the scheme by which the Observers were notified of their meeting time.
4. If John Hancock was impressed with Johnny, why wasn't Johnny hired?
5. Why would the British want to commandeer horses belonging to somebody else?
6. Why was Johnny so upset with Isannah when she recoiled from his touch?
7. Why would Pumpkin save Johnny?
8. Why did the British leave Lexington after the confrontation on the North Bridge?
9. Why did Mr. Lyte have witnesses to say that Johnny returned the cup?
10. Explain how Johnny felt when he couldn't find anyone at the Silsbee farm.
Essay Topic 1
The Boston Observer and its print shop play a huge role in the story. Describe how the scenario would have changed if the newspaper did not exist.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Mr. Tweedie's importance to the Lapham family and their business. How did the relationship affect the Lapham girls?
Essay Topic 3
Early on, Dove would have been receptive to becoming Johnny's friend. Even though the two boys suffered through animosity and distrust, explain how they could become friends and what benefits it could bring to each.
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)