|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item is NOT used in silversmithing?
2. What caused Johnny's accident?
3. What event is prompted by the arrival of British ships in the harbor?
4. What is the name of the missing pig?
5. What does Jehu give to Johnny?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Johnny refuse to work at unskilled jobs?
2. Why would Dove choose to give Johnny a cracked crucible?
3. Why was Johnny so upset with Isannah when she recoiled from his touch?
4. Why is Johnny so secretive about the silver cup?
5. Describe Jonathon Lyte's attitude upon meeting Johnny.
6. In whom does Johnny confide?
7. Why does Johnny go to Paul Revere for advice?
8. Why does John Adams praise the printers?
9. Why did Johnny spend his money on presents for Cilla and Isannah?
10. Why did the Laphams threaten to lock up Cilla?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pumpkin is representative of many young men and boys who wanted to desert from the British Army to fight for America's freedom.
1) Did Pumpkin realize the danger he was getting himself into by helping Johnny?
2) How did Pumpkin's relationship with Johnny change his outlook? How did it change Johnny's?
3) How might Johnny have felt when he saw Pumpkin being executed?
Essay Topic 2
Many of the colonists left behind their daily jobs as farmers, silversmiths, and merchants to help the cause.
1) Which person or group made the biggest sacrifice? Explain.
2) How might things have turned out differently if the farmers had been unable to help the Minute Men?
3) What might have happened to a Minute Man's home or business if he were caught?
Essay Topic 3
The British troops and the colonists were strangers until the fight for freedom escalated or they faced off in battle.
1) Would things have been different if the troops had known one another?
2) Would it be possible for the British soldiers and Minute Men to become friends? What circumstances might allow that to happen?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)