Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rab's medal of a tree represents what secret society?
2. What animal did Rab save from being butchered?
3. On which street does Sam Adams live?
4. Where do the Observers meet?
5. Who is the new partner of the silversmith shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Mrs. Lapham's motivation for taking on Mr. Tweedie?
2. Why would Dove choose to give Johnny a cracked crucible?
3. Explain the scheme by which the Observers were notified of their meeting time.
4. If John Hancock was impressed with Johnny, why wasn't Johnny hired?
5. Why would the British want to commandeer horses belonging to somebody else?
6. Why was Johnny so upset with Isannah when she recoiled from his touch?
7. Why would Pumpkin save Johnny?
8. Why did the British leave Lexington after the confrontation on the North Bridge?
9. Why did Mr. Lyte have witnesses to say that Johnny returned the cup?
10. Explain how Johnny felt when he couldn't find anyone at the Silsbee farm.
The Sons of Liberty arranged the Boston Tea Party as a protest to taxation without representation.
1) Explain the pros and cons of taking such drastic measures against the British.
2) What other ways could the tea tax have been settled?
3) Did the Sons of Liberty realize the extent of potential repercussions?
Johnny almost gave away his identity by helping the injured Lieutenant Stranger. Explore the pros and cons of Johnny's feelings and actions regarding their friendship.
Johnny's youth impacted many of his actions. If Johnny had been older do you think he would have agreed to be a double agent? Would he have been so eager to help the Observers? Would he have fled Boston like some other citizens?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)