Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rab's medal of a tree represents what secret society?
2. What animal did Rab save from being butchered?
3. On which street does Sam Adams live?
4. Where do the Observers meet?
5. Who is the new partner of the silversmith shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Mrs. Lapham's motivation for taking on Mr. Tweedie?
2. Why would Dove choose to give Johnny a cracked crucible?
3. Explain the scheme by which the Observers were notified of their meeting time.
4. If John Hancock was impressed with Johnny, why wasn't Johnny hired?
5. Why would the British want to commandeer horses belonging to somebody else?
6. Why was Johnny so upset with Isannah when she recoiled from his touch?
7. Why would Pumpkin save Johnny?
8. Why did the British leave Lexington after the confrontation on the North Bridge?
9. Why did Mr. Lyte have witnesses to say that Johnny returned the cup?
10. Explain how Johnny felt when he couldn't find anyone at the Silsbee farm.
Many of the activities of the colonists went on underneath the British soldiers' noses.
1) Why did the British fail to learn about the Sons of Liberty, the Observers, and their whereabouts and activities until it was too late?
2) What might have happened if the key members of the Sons of Liberty were jailed?
3) The colonists used the North Church to send a warning about the arrival of the British. Was this a wise move? How might it have backfired?
The Boston Observer and its print shop play a huge role in the story. Describe how the scenario would have changed if the newspaper did not exist.
How might the story have changed if Rab had left Boston when he had the chance? Why do you think he stayed? Loyalty? Patriotism? Freedom? Friendship?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)