|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Johnny want for the silver cup?
2. From what part of England did Jonathon Lyte's family come?
3. Which one of these is not a doctor involved in the cause?
4. What is the name of the area where most of the shops are located?
5. To which church does Mr. Lapham belong?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Cilla important to Johnny's case?
2. What Mrs. Lapham's responsibilities?
3. Why does Johnny refuse to work at unskilled jobs?
4. Why does Mr. Lapham hesitate about accepting the job from John Hancock?
5. Why does John Adams praise the printers?
6. What was Mrs. Lapham's motivation for taking on Mr. Tweedie?
7. Why would Dove choose to give Johnny a cracked crucible?
8. Why does Johnny go to Paul Revere for advice?
9. What excuse does Dove give to Mrs. Lapham for handing Johnny the cracked crucible?
10. Why is Johnny so secretive about the silver cup?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Sons of Liberty arranged the Boston Tea Party as a protest to taxation without representation.
1) Explain the pros and cons of taking such drastic measures against the British.
2) What other ways could the tea tax have been settled?
3) Did the Sons of Liberty realize the extent of potential repercussions?
Essay Topic 2
Isannah is quite different from the other Lapham daughters. Explain why you think the girl is so shallow and vain. Does Isannah's rank in the family contribute to her personality? How does Mrs. Lapham relate to Isannah compared to her relationships with the other girls?
Essay Topic 3
The Sons of Liberty took great risks against all odds to separate themselves from Britain.
1) Do you think you would have made the same choice or would you have gone along with the crowd?
2) Which of the Sons of Liberty were you able to identify with most?
3) Would you have been willing to fight or hide the rebels?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)