|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Boston Tea Party take place?
2. Boston was torn into two armed camps by which political parties?
3. Who of these is not one of Lyte's clerks?
4. On which street was the Boston Observer located?
5. How do Johnny and the Lapham girls refer to Tweedie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the scheme by which the Observers were notified of their meeting time.
2. What options did the colonists have in developing a spy system?
3. What Mrs. Lapham's responsibilities?
4. Describe Jonathon Lyte's attitude upon meeting Johnny.
5. How did Johnny's relationship with Rab affect Johnny's part in the revolution?
6. Why does Dove dislike Johnny?
7. Why does Mr. Lapham tell Johnny to find a new job?
8. Why does Mrs. Lapham marry Mr. Tweedie?
9. Why does Uncle Lorne hire Johnny?
10. Why does John Adams praise the printers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the relationship between Johnny and Rab.
1) Did their ages play a significant role?
2) Was there any rivalry
3) Would Rab have risked himself to grant Johnny's last wish?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Mrs. Lapham may have felt when Isannah chose to go with Lavinia Lyte.
Essay Topic 3
The Boston Observer and its print shop play a huge role in the story. Describe how the scenario would have changed if the newspaper did not exist.
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)