|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rab Silsbee's job?
2. What item did Johnny lack when trying to create Hancock's order?
3. What word was NOT used to describe Dove?
4. What is the name of Lyte's clerk?
5. Why do the Observers have to maintain anonymity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Johnny refuse to work at unskilled jobs?
2. Why does Mr. Lapham tell Johnny to find a new job?
3. Why was Johnny so upset with Isannah when she recoiled from his touch?
4. Why was Cilla important to Johnny's case?
5. What excuse does Dove give to Mrs. Lapham for handing Johnny the cracked crucible?
6. Why is Johnny upset when Rab says he is leaving Boston?
7. Why are the British soldiers angry when they find that the colonist leaders are gone?
8. In the story, what is the main difference between the Whigs and the Tories?
9. Why does Mrs. Lapham marry Mr. Tweedie?
10. Why does Mr. Lapham hesitate about accepting the job from John Hancock?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the relationship between Johnny and Rab.
1) Did their ages play a significant role?
2) Was there any rivalry
3) Would Rab have risked himself to grant Johnny's last wish?
Essay Topic 2
Early on, Dove would have been receptive to becoming Johnny's friend. Even though the two boys suffered through animosity and distrust, explain how they could become friends and what benefits it could bring to each.
Essay Topic 3
The Sons of Liberty took great risks against all odds to separate themselves from Britain.
1) Do you think you would have made the same choice or would you have gone along with the crowd?
2) Which of the Sons of Liberty were you able to identify with most?
3) Would you have been willing to fight or hide the rebels?
This section contains 1,182 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)