|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Johnny related?
2. What is Rab Silsbee's job?
3. What item does Hancock order from the silversmith?
4. Which of these is not a tavern in Boston?
5. Roughly, how old is Mr. Tweedie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mr. Lyte have witnesses to say that Johnny returned the cup?
2. What is meant by taxation without representation?
3. Why did Johnny spend his money on presents for Cilla and Isannah?
4. Why does Mr. Lapham tell Johnny to find a new job?
5. Why would Dove choose to give Johnny a cracked crucible?
6. Why did the Laphams threaten to lock up Cilla?
7. What allows Johnny to overcome his fear of Goblin?
8. What excuse does Dove give to Mrs. Lapham for handing Johnny the cracked crucible?
9. Why does Uncle Lorne hire Johnny?
10. What was Mrs. Lapham's motivation for taking on Mr. Tweedie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Mrs. Lapham may have felt when Isannah chose to go with Lavinia Lyte.
Essay Topic 2
The Sons of Liberty arranged the Boston Tea Party as a protest to taxation without representation.
1) Explain the pros and cons of taking such drastic measures against the British.
2) What other ways could the tea tax have been settled?
3) Did the Sons of Liberty realize the extent of potential repercussions?
Essay Topic 3
How might the story have changed if Rab had left Boston when he had the chance? Why do you think he stayed? Loyalty? Patriotism? Freedom? Friendship?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)