Chapter 1 Up And About
• Readers meet Johnny Tremain, 14-year-old silversmith apprentice.
• Johnny and Dove, the other apprentice, do not get along.
• Mr. Lapham preaches to Johnny about pride.
• Cilla and Isannah tease Johnny.
• Johnny works for John Hancock.
• Johnny tells Cilla about the silver cup and family connection to Jonathon Lyte.
Chapter 2 The Pride of Your Power
• Johnny seeks out the advice of Paul Revere.
• Revere offers Johnny a job.
• Johnny gets special permission to finish making Hancock's angel on the Sabbath.
• Dove purposely gives Johnny faulty equipment.
• Johnny's hand is badly burned.
• Johnny's career as a silversmith ends.
• The Laphams ask Johnny to find another job and home.
Chapter 3 An Earth of Brass
• Johnny refuses to accept work for unskilled laborers.
• Mr. Tweedie becomes a partner in the silversmith shop.
• Mrs. Lapham intends to marry off one of her daughters to Tweedie.
• Johnny expresses his dislike for...
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)