Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Up And About Abstract
* Readers meet Johnny Tremain, 14-year-old silversmith apprentice.
* Johnny and Dove, the other apprentice, do not get along.
Chapter 2 The Pride of Your Power Abstract
* Mr. Lapham preaches to Johnny about pride.
* Cilla and Isannah tease Johnny.
* Johnny works for John Hancock.
Chapter 3 An Earth of Brass Abstract
* Johnny tells Cilla about...
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)