|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does the Devil use to describe Johnny?
2. What does the young woman learn, as she is escaping with the other captive in Part 5?
3. What does Johnny think is the reason behind his compulsion to kill and save his victims' blood?
4. Why is the female captive frightened by the new character who is introduced in Part 5?
5. What do individuals in Heaven realize about aggression?
Essay Topic 1
Johnny meets the Devil in Part 6. How is the Devil depicted? What do Johnny and the Devil talk about? What is the purpose of Hell, and why are its inhabitants there? What information does the Devil give to Johnny? Why is he able to get this information from the Devil, but not from God? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Nail-Bunny, D-Boy, Mr. Eff and Burger Boy all started off as the voices for different aspects of Johnny's personality; however, the Dough Boys became self-aware, and gained a great deal of power, while Nail Bunny and Burger Boy did not. What made Mr. Eff and Burger Boy different from the others? How, and why, did they become so powerful? What purpose do they serve in the book? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Faith is an important motif in this book. How does Johnny feel about God and the afterlife? Does his opinion change after talking to God and Satan? Why or why not? How do Johnny's attitudes about faith and religion play a part in his interactions with his victims? Would his actions change if he had faith? Why or why not? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 1,743 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)