|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the female captive frightened by the new character who is introduced in Part 5?
2. What do the individuals in Heaven choose not to utilize?
3. Why is the second strip in Part 6 out of place?
4. What is the name of the young man from the movie theater?
5. What do individuals in Heaven realize about aggression?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Tess and Kirk encounter the room full of captives, in Part 5?
2. What happens to Johnny at the end of Part 4?
3. According to Tess, why did she end up as a captive in Johnny's house?
4. What comes through the floor at the beginning of Part 5?
5. What do Johnny and the Devil discuss, regarding God?
6. What does Nail Bunny say, in Part 4, about Johnny's hobbies before the killing?
7. What does Johnny observe about the state of Heaven, and what is the reason for it?
8. What does Tess dislike about Kirk?
9. What is everyone in Heaven doing, and why?
10. What is Johnny's role in the world, according to the Devil?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Faith is an important motif in this book. How does Johnny feel about God and the afterlife? Does his opinion change after talking to God and Satan? Why or why not? How do Johnny's attitudes about faith and religion play a part in his interactions with his victims? Would his actions change if he had faith? Why or why not? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Nail-Bunny, D-Boy, Mr. Eff and Burger Boy all started off as the voices for different aspects of Johnny's personality; however, the Dough Boys became self-aware, and gained a great deal of power, while Nail Bunny and Burger Boy did not. What made Mr. Eff and Burger Boy different from the others? How, and why, did they become so powerful? What purpose do they serve in the book? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Who are D-Boy, Nail Bunny, Mr. Eff and Burger Boy? What purpose does each one serve for Johnny? How do they help the reader gain insight into Johnny's character? How do they help Johnny himself to make decisions, analyze his actions and refocus when he gets upset? What part of Johnny's life and personality does each one represent, and why? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)