|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Happy Noodle Boy, in Part 2, after he is abducted by aliens?
2. What does Johnny decide to do, after his conversation at the beginning of Part 3?
3. Which of these is NOT a reason Johnny cites for killing someone in the cafe?
4. What does the survey taker note about one of the more recent victims?
5. What does Devi jokingly threaten to do to Johnny, in Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Johnny feel about his second captive, the young woman, in Part 2?
2. What is the last thing Johnny writes in his "die-ary", in Part 2?
3. What triggers Johnny's killing spree at the cafe?
4. What is the comic strip written by Johnny about?
5. Who is Shmee?
6. What happens to Squee in Part 3?
7. What does Johnny do to help Squee, in Part 3?
8. What happens to the young couple in Part 3?
9. What does Happy Noodle Boy do, at the end of Part 3?
10. What comments does Johnny make, in Part 2, regarding his victims' last moments?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nail-Bunny, D-Boy, Mr. Eff and Burger Boy all started off as the voices for different aspects of Johnny's personality; however, the Dough Boys became self-aware, and gained a great deal of power, while Nail Bunny and Burger Boy did not. What made Mr. Eff and Burger Boy different from the others? How, and why, did they become so powerful? What purpose do they serve in the book? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Johnny meets the Devil in Part 6. How is the Devil depicted? What do Johnny and the Devil talk about? What is the purpose of Hell, and why are its inhabitants there? What information does the Devil give to Johnny? Why is he able to get this information from the Devil, but not from God? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Johnny's closest relationship to another person is with Squee, the little boy who lives next door. Why does Johnny get along so well with Squee? Why does Johnny appear almost protective of Squee at times? How does Squee react to Johnny, and why? Why is Johnny able to maintain a relationship with Squee, but not with anyone else? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)