Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What compliment does Johnny give to the female captive in Part 2?
2. Why does Johnny stop momentarily during his rampage in the cafe?
3. Johnny goes into the cafe, in Part 3, instead of going where?
4. What does Johnny write in his "die-ary" at the end of Part 2?
5. Who is Johnny's voice of sanity and reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Johnny think happened, to make him who he is now?
2. What is the last thing Johnny writes in his "die-ary", in Part 2?
3. According to Tess, why did she end up as a captive in Johnny's house?
4. What is Squee's relationship with his parents like?
5. Who is Anne Gwish, and what is revealed about her character in Part 5?
6. How does Johnny react to Jimmy in Part 7, and why?
7. What happens to Johnny at the end of Part 4?
8. What happens to the young couple in Part 3?
9. What happens to Happy Noodle Boy, in Part 2?
10. What happened when Johnny kidnapped Kirk?
Essay Topic 1
Devi, Johnny's love interest, is an important character, though her part is small. Why does Johnny try to kill Devi? How does she react to this incident? What were Johnny's intentions, and how did she interpret his actions? Why is she the only one of Johnny's victims who survives? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Faith is an important motif in this book. How does Johnny feel about God and the afterlife? Does his opinion change after talking to God and Satan? Why or why not? How do Johnny's attitudes about faith and religion play a part in his interactions with his victims? Would his actions change if he had faith? Why or why not? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Tess learns some valuable lessons about the way she was living her life, through her captivity and experience at Johnny's. Why does she dislike Kirk and the other captives? Why did she spend so much time with Dillon, if she disliked him so much? What does she realize about the people with whom she associated herself? If she had escaped, what would she have changed? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)