|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a reason Johnny cites for killing someone in the cafe?
2. What happens to Happy Noodle Boy, in Part 2, after he is abducted by aliens?
3. What does Johnny do to the man in the cafe bathroom?
4. Why did Johnny choose to buy the house he currently lives in?
5. What is strange about Johnny's doorbell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the first captive in Part 2 ask Johnny to do, and why does he refuse?
2. What does Johnny do to help Squee, in Part 3?
3. Why does Johnny want to harm the first captive in Part 2?
4. What happens to the young couple in Part 3?
5. What happens at the convenience store, in Part 2?
6. What is the last thing Johnny writes in his "die-ary", in Part 2?
7. Who is the first character to be introduced in the book, and how is he introduced?
8. What happens to Happy Noodle Boy, in Part 2?
9. Who is Shmee?
10. Why isn't the first captive in Part 2 afraid of dying, and how does Johnny respond to his lack of fear?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tess comments that she can't believe that she is leaving a house where jerks are kept in chains and tortured, to the outside world where they roam free. What service is Johnny providing to the general public? Is there anything redeeming in his activities? What might he do differently to be more of a benefit to society? Does he teach people anything, or simply gratify his own anger? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Johnny meets the Devil in Part 6. How is the Devil depicted? What do Johnny and the Devil talk about? What is the purpose of Hell, and why are its inhabitants there? What information does the Devil give to Johnny? Why is he able to get this information from the Devil, but not from God? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Nail-Bunny, D-Boy, Mr. Eff and Burger Boy all started off as the voices for different aspects of Johnny's personality; however, the Dough Boys became self-aware, and gained a great deal of power, while Nail Bunny and Burger Boy did not. What made Mr. Eff and Burger Boy different from the others? How, and why, did they become so powerful? What purpose do they serve in the book? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)