Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny write in his "die-ary" at the end of Part 2?
2. What does Johnny write about himself in his "die-ary", after killing the young woman in Part 2?
3. Why does the unknown man in Part 3 get so angry with Squee?
4. How does Squee's father respond when Squee tells him he is frightened?
5. What does Johnny do to Squee's teddy bear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the first captive in Part 2 ask Johnny to do, and why does he refuse?
2. What does Happy Noodle Boy do, at the end of Part 3?
3. What does Johnny observe about the state of Heaven, and what is the reason for it?
4. What do Johnny and the Devil discuss, regarding God?
5. What happens to Happy Noodle Boy, in Part 2?
6. What comments does Johnny make, in Part 2, regarding his victims' last moments?
7. What does Johnny's female captive say, in Part 4, that he is offended by?
8. What does the survey taker question Johnny about?
9. What triggers Johnny's killing spree at the cafe?
10. Why isn't the first captive in Part 2 afraid of dying, and how does Johnny respond to his lack of fear?
There are public service announcements throughout the book, which satirize different aspects of society. What is the purpose of these strips, and what messages are they intended to convey? What do they reveal about the author's attitudes towards various issues present in today's society, and why? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Johnny meets God in Part 6. How is God depicted? How does God respond when Johnny asks him questions? What excuse does he give Johnny for not answering his questions? How does Johnny feel after talking to God, and why? What can we infer about the author's attitude toward God and religion, based on his depiction of God. Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Johnny's closest relationship to another person is with Squee, the little boy who lives next door. Why does Johnny get along so well with Squee? Why does Johnny appear almost protective of Squee at times? How does Squee react to Johnny, and why? Why is Johnny able to maintain a relationship with Squee, but not with anyone else? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)