|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Devil, what was Johnny's role in the world?
(a) He was supposed to act as an anchor to stabilize the harmful residue left by humans.
(b) He was supposed to rid the world of cruel people who contributed to its degeneration.
(c) To remind people of their mortality.
(d) To make people think twice about their actions by punishing those who didn't.
2. According to Johnny, why couldn't he commit the crime of which the young woman accuses him?
(a) He is a vegetarian.
(b) He rarely leaves home, so he has no opportunity to meet rich widows.
(c) He has plenty of money, and no need for more.
(d) He spent his whole life trying not to touch anyone, or be touched by anyone.
3. What is the first question Johnny asks God?
(a) Why his life has become such a disaster.
(b) When God will intervene and stop mankind's degeneration.
(c) Why God created him.
(d) Why there is so much suffering in the world.
4. Who is possessed by the ghost of Happy Noodle Boy, in Part 5?
(a) A bird.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A dog.
(d) A little boy.
5. What does Johnny write, at the end of Part 5?
(a) He is afraid to die, because he knows he will be judged for the things he has done.
(b) He is glad to be dying, because he will finally know the truth about the human condition.
(c) Screaming, crying and praying to be released don't work.
(d) He wishes he had the opportunity to finish his work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anne make her weekly outing?
2. According to Nail Bunny, what defines the world?
3. What does Elize explain to Johnny about the conditions outside the gates?
4. How old was the boy in the second public service announcement when he left home?
5. What is the name of the young man from the movie theater?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Tess, why did she end up as a captive in Johnny's house?
2. What do Johnny and the Devil discuss, regarding God?
3. What is the topic of the public service announcement in Part 4?
4. What does Johnny think happened, to make him who he is now?
5. What problems does Johnny encounter in Hell?
6. What happens when the gatekeeper reads Johnny's list of actions during his life?
7. What happens to the young woman and the newly-introduced captive in the first strip of Part 5?
8. What comes through the floor at the beginning of Part 5?
9. What happens to Johnny at the end of Part 4?
10. How does Johnny feel when he returns from Hell?
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)