|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the young woman regret as she is fleeing Johnny's house?
(a) She is leaving a house where rude, ignorant people are shackled, to escape to a world where they roam free.
(b) She wasn't able to kill Johnny.
(c) She wasn't able to save her friend.
(d) She still doesn't understand why she was kidnapped.
2. Why are Heaven's inhabitants content?
(a) They have no physiological needs.
(b) They lived a life of contentment, without desire.
(c) They are reunited with everyone in their family.
(d) They finally have whatever they wanted throughout their lives.
3. According to Johnny, why couldn't he commit the crime of which the young woman accuses him?
(a) He is a vegetarian.
(b) He has plenty of money, and no need for more.
(c) He rarely leaves home, so he has no opportunity to meet rich widows.
(d) He spent his whole life trying not to touch anyone, or be touched by anyone.
4. Where does Anne go once per week?
(a) A belly-dancing class.
(b) A cemetery.
(c) A nightclub.
(d) Night school.
5. What does Johnny want to keep, when he returns from Hell?
(a) His new sense of control over his life.
(b) His destructive mental capabilities.
(c) The coat he got there.
(d) His memories of conversations with God and the Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the gatekeeper, what is the reason for the condition of the place Johnny goes to in Part 6?
2. Why did other kids make fun of Johnny when he was little?
3. What is different about the Dough Boys, when they appear in Part 5?
4. What effect do humans have on the planet, according to the Devil?
5. How does Johnny destroy the tranquility of Heaven?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Johnny at the end of Part 4?
2. What does Johnny discuss with his female captive, in the second strip of Part 4?
3. What comes through the floor at the beginning of Part 5?
4. What is Johnny's role in the world, according to the Devil?
5. Who is Anne Gwish, and what is revealed about her character in Part 5?
6. What is the topic of the public service announcement in Part 4?
7. What problems does Johnny encounter in Hell?
8. What is everyone in Heaven doing, and why?
9. What happens to the young woman and the newly-introduced captive in the first strip of Part 5?
10. What happens when the gatekeeper reads Johnny's list of actions during his life?
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)