|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Johnny stop momentarily during his rampage in the cafe?
(a) His CD skips.
(b) He stops to think about what he is doing.
(c) He sees someone he knows.
(d) He needs a drink.
2. What does Johnny do to Squee's teddy bear?
(a) He rips the head off of it.
(b) He talks to him and gives him a hug, then hands him back to Squee.
(c) He attempts to flush him down the toilet.
(d) He screams at it and stabs him before handing him back to Squee.
3. What does Squee do when he sees the survey taker?
(a) He stops and asks him a question.
(b) He knocks on Johnny's door to ask for help.
(c) He tells his parents.
(d) He screams and runs.
4. How did Johnny choose his captive in Part 2?
(a) He was widely known as a judgmental and belligerent person.
(b) He didn't have time to search thoroughly and find someone else.
(c) The person had offended Johnny before.
(d) Johnny selected someone at random from the park.
5. What upsets Johnny even more after he kills the convenience-store clerk?
(a) He is missing his favorite television show.
(b) The store is out of his favorite soda as well.
(c) There is no money in the register.
(d) The gun is out of bullets, so he can't kill himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Squee frightened at the beginning of the book?
2. Who does the woman in the couple make fun of, in Part 3?
3. Who is talking to Johnny at the beginning of Part 3?
4. What does the man outside the cafe ask Johnny for?
5. What does Nail Bunny tell Johnny about the dough boys, in Part 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which characters influence Johnny, regarding whether or not he should commit suicide, in Part 1?
2. Who is Devi, and what brings her and Johnny together?
3. Why isn't Johnny's victim amused by the story Johnny tells in Part 3?
4. What is Squee's relationship with his parents like?
5. Who is Shmee?
6. What happens to Happy Noodle Boy, in Part 2?
7. How does Johnny feel about his victims?
8. Who is the first character to be introduced in the book, and how is he introduced?
9. What does Johnny do to help Squee, in Part 3?
10. What comments does Johnny make, in Part 2, regarding his victims' last moments?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)