|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Johnny kill the convenience store clerk?
(a) With a ball-point pen.
(b) With the gun the clerk kept under the counter.
(c) With a popsicle stick.
(d) With a letter opener.
2. Why does Johnny believe he has to keep one of his walls wet?
(a) So that his guests will know not to touch it.
(b) So that his fingerprints won't show.
(c) So the monster won't come out.
(d) So that no one can see through it.
3. How was Johnny hurt, when he first meets Squee?
(a) He fell off of his bike.
(b) He cut himself on broken glass.
(c) His last victim fought back.
(d) He was hit by a car.
4. Who is Johnny's voice of sanity and reason?
(b) Nail Bunny.
(d) Happy Noodle Boy.
5. Johnny is convinced, at the beginning of Part 3, that he spends too much time focusing on what?
(a) His own wants and desires.
(b) Death and the afterlife.
(c) People who will disappoint him.
(d) The people who have hurt him in the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Eff say about Devi in Part 2?
2. Where is the young couple, at the end of the fourth strip in Part 3?
3. What is Johnny's response when the captive in Part 2 asks Johnny to loosen his restraints?
4. Johnny tells Squee that he should feel what emotion, with regard to the man in the second strip of Part 3?
5. What does Devi jokingly threaten to do to Johnny, in Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What triggers Johnny's killing spree at the cafe?
2. Who is Devi, and what brings her and Johnny together?
3. Who is the first character to be introduced in the book, and how is he introduced?
4. What precipitates Johnny's rampage at the fast-food restaurant?
5. What happens to Squee in Part 3?
6. Why isn't Johnny's victim amused by the story Johnny tells in Part 3?
7. What comments does Johnny make, in Part 2, regarding his victims' last moments?
8. Which characters influence Johnny, regarding whether or not he should commit suicide, in Part 1?
9. Who is Shmee?
10. What discussion does Johnny have at the beginning of Part 3?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)