|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Johnny account for his lack of compassion?
(a) He was simply born that way.
(b) He doesn't know why he feels that way.
(c) He can't care for those who mistreat others.
(d) His parents' abuse made him unable to feel much of anything.
2. Who does the woman in the couple make fun of, in Part 3?
(a) The man in the theater who was watching a movie alone.
(b) One of the actors in the film they just watched.
(c) A girl who attended her date's last show.
(d) A fat woman wearing a band tee shirt.
3. What threat does Johnny make to the female captive in Part 2?
(a) To make her outside as ugly as her inside.
(b) To torture her before he kills her.
(c) To make her watch as he kills her friends.
(d) To disfigure her and send her back to be shunned by her own friends.
4. What does Mr. Eff say about Devi in Part 2?
(a) That Johnny is not good enough for her.
(b) That she is crazy, and Johnny should stay away from her.
(c) That she is interfering with his relationship with Johnny.
(d) That Johnny should enjoy the happiness he feels with her.
5. What event does Happy Noodle Boy barge in on, in Part 3?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A bar mitzvah.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Johnny panic and leave the room the first time he is with Devi?
2. Why do the things his victims say sometimes make Johnny feel uncomfortable?
3. What does Johnny do with the surveyor after stabbing him?
4. What does Johnny decide to do, after his conversation at the beginning of Part 3?
5. What word causes Johnny to go on a rampage in a fast-food restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Devi, and what brings her and Johnny together?
2. What is the last thing Johnny writes in his "die-ary", in Part 2?
3. What happens to Happy Noodle Boy, in Part 2?
4. What are some of the reasons Johnny cites for killing people in the cafe, in Part 3?
5. What is the comic strip written by Johnny about?
6. Why isn't the first captive in Part 2 afraid of dying, and how does Johnny respond to his lack of fear?
7. Who is the main character, and what does he do?
8. Why does Johnny want to harm the first captive in Part 2?
9. How does Johnny feel about himself?
10. How does Johnny feel about his victims?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)