|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Johnny believe he has to keep one of his walls wet?
(a) So that his fingerprints won't show.
(b) So that no one can see through it.
(c) So that his guests will know not to touch it.
(d) So the monster won't come out.
2. Why do the people outside the cafe make fun of Johnny?
(a) He doesn't carry cash.
(b) He doesn't smoke.
(c) He doesn't have a cell phone.
(d) He doesn't wear a watch.
3. Why does Johnny try to kill Devi?
(a) Because he wants his feelings for her to go away.
(b) Because he doesn't want their happiness to end by having the relationship go badly.
(c) Because he thinks she is too close to discovering who he really is.
(d) Because he thinks she will go to the police.
4. Where did Johnny meet Devi?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The bookstore.
(c) The convenience store.
(d) The gas station.
5. What is ironic about Johnny's house number?
(a) It is the number of the beast.
(b) It is the number of the survey taker's house on a different road.
(c) It is the number of heaven.
(d) It is the number of Johnny's home room in elementary school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Squee's father respond when Squee tells him he is frightened?
2. How did Johnny choose his captive in Part 2?
3. Johnny tells Squee that he should feel what emotion, with regard to the man in the second strip of Part 3?
4. What does Johnny consider doing to avoid the discomfort caused by the things his victims say?
5. What song is Johnny listening to as he walks, in the first strip of Part 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Squee in Part 3?
2. What is the comic strip written by Johnny about?
3. Who is Shmee?
4. Why does Johnny want to harm the first captive in Part 2?
5. How does Johnny's first encounter with Devi end?
6. Who is Devi, and what brings her and Johnny together?
7. What does Happy Noodle Boy do, at the end of Part 3?
8. What is the last thing Johnny writes in his "die-ary", in Part 2?
9. What comments does Johnny make, in Part 2, regarding his victims' last moments?
10. Why isn't the first captive in Part 2 afraid of dying, and how does Johnny respond to his lack of fear?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)