|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does the woman ask the man, in the fourth strip of Part 3?
(a) Why he wants to continue dating her, when he makes fun of her all the time.
(b) Why they are taking a different route from the one they usually take.
(c) Why they berate people, then complain when others do it to them.
(d) Why he couldn't appreciate the movie as a work of art, regardless of its quality.
2. What is the subject of the public service announcement in Part 3?
(a) Violence in the media.
(b) Internet addiction.
(c) Teen pregnancy.
3. How does Johnny kill the convenience store clerk?
(a) With a letter opener.
(b) With a popsicle stick.
(c) With the gun the clerk kept under the counter.
(d) With a ball-point pen.
4. Why does Johnny try to shock himself with a Taser in Part 3?
(a) To show that he can feel pain.
(b) To see if it still works.
(c) To prove to himself that he is still alive.
(d) To prove that he can't die.
5. What does Johnny do with the surveyor after stabbing him?
(a) Leaves him on the living room floor.
(b) Yells at him more.
(c) Throws him out the window.
(d) Laughs at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the unknown man in Part 3 get so angry with Squee?
2. What does Johnny write about himself in his "die-ary", after killing the young woman in Part 2?
3. Who is Johnny's voice of insanity, who drives him further into his illness?
4. What does the survey taker note about one of the more recent victims?
5. Why does Johnny attack the convenience-store clerk in Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the last thing Johnny writes in his "die-ary", in Part 2?
2. What comments does Johnny make, in Part 2, regarding his victims' last moments?
3. What does the first captive in Part 2 ask Johnny to do, and why does he refuse?
4. How does Johnny feel about his victims?
5. Who is the first character to be introduced in the book, and how is he introduced?
6. What happens at the convenience store, in Part 2?
7. What happens to the young couple in Part 3?
8. How does Johnny feel about his second captive, the young woman, in Part 2?
9. Why isn't the first captive in Part 2 afraid of dying, and how does Johnny respond to his lack of fear?
10. What discussion does Johnny have at the beginning of Part 3?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)