|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Johnny believe he has to keep one of his walls wet?
(a) So that his guests will know not to touch it.
(b) So the monster won't come out.
(c) So that no one can see through it.
(d) So that his fingerprints won't show.
2. Why is Squee frightened at the beginning of the book?
(a) His father is angry at him.
(b) He thinks there is a monster in his closet.
(c) He is having nightmares.
(d) He hears noises outside his bedroom window.
3. The survey taker informs Johnny that some believe what about the killer?
(a) He is in some sort of a cult.
(b) He is a young, Caucasian male.
(c) He had a bad childhood.
(d) He is a vampire.
4. What does Johnny write in his "die-ary" at the end of Part 2?
(a) He wonders if anyone will notice what he is doing, and if the world will change because of it.
(b) He wonders where Devi is, what she is doing, and whether she is thinking about him.
(c) He thinks that Mr. Eff, Nail Bunny and D-Boy are laughing at him behind his back.
(d) He stares at the mirror until he is convinced that he can go through, but he always hits the glass.
5. Why do the things his victims say sometimes make Johnny feel uncomfortable?
(a) They make him think about his actions.
(b) They sometimes remind Johnny of himself.
(c) They sometimes seem legitimately remorseful.
(d) They make Johnny feel embarrassed for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ironic about Johnny's house number?
2. How did Johnny choose his captive in Part 2?
3. Johnny accuses the survey taker of being sent by whom?
4. Who is Johnny's voice of insanity, who drives him further into his illness?
5. What does the survey taker say about Johnny's answers to his questions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Johnny do to help Squee, in Part 3?
2. Why isn't the first captive in Part 2 afraid of dying, and how does Johnny respond to his lack of fear?
3. How does Johnny's first encounter with Devi end?
4. What discussion does Johnny have at the beginning of Part 3?
5. What is the comic strip written by Johnny about?
6. Which characters influence Johnny, regarding whether or not he should commit suicide, in Part 1?
7. What happens to the young couple in Part 3?
8. How does Johnny feel about his victims?
9. What are some of the reasons Johnny cites for killing people in the cafe, in Part 3?
10. Who is Devi, and what brings her and Johnny together?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)