|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Squee frightened at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is having nightmares.
(b) He hears noises outside his bedroom window.
(c) His father is angry at him.
(d) He thinks there is a monster in his closet.
2. What threat does Johnny make to the female captive in Part 2?
(a) To torture her before he kills her.
(b) To make her outside as ugly as her inside.
(c) To disfigure her and send her back to be shunned by her own friends.
(d) To make her watch as he kills her friends.
3. Johnny is convinced, at the beginning of Part 3, that he spends too much time focusing on what?
(a) His own wants and desires.
(b) Death and the afterlife.
(c) The people who have hurt him in the past.
(d) People who will disappoint him.
4. Why does the unknown man in Part 3 get so angry with Squee?
(a) Because he refuses to go with the man.
(b) Because he is crying.
(c) Because he doesn't do what the man asks him to do.
(d) Because he tells the man his name.
5. What does Johnny do to Squee's teddy bear?
(a) He attempts to flush him down the toilet.
(b) He screams at it and stabs him before handing him back to Squee.
(c) He talks to him and gives him a hug, then hands him back to Squee.
(d) He rips the head off of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Johnny's voice of sanity and reason?
2. What does D-Boy say about Devi in Part 2?
3. What does Johnny do with the surveyor after stabbing him?
4. Why does Johnny need to kill his captive in Part 2, despite the rapport they have built?
5. What is Johnny's house number?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Johnny do to help Squee, in Part 3?
2. What discussion does Johnny have at the beginning of Part 3?
3. How does Johnny feel about his victims?
4. What happens to Squee in Part 3?
5. What is the last thing Johnny writes in his "die-ary", in Part 2?
6. What does Happy Noodle Boy do, at the end of Part 3?
7. What happens to the young couple in Part 3?
8. Who is Shmee?
9. Why does Johnny want to harm the first captive in Part 2?
10. Why isn't the first captive in Part 2 afraid of dying, and how does Johnny respond to his lack of fear?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)