|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Squee frightened at the beginning of the book?
(a) His father is angry at him.
(b) He hears noises outside his bedroom window.
(c) He thinks there is a monster in his closet.
(d) He is having nightmares.
2. Who is talking to Johnny at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) Mr. Eff.
(c) Burger Boy.
(d) Nail Bunny.
3. What does Johnny tell Squee not to do again, the first time they meet?
(a) Leave his teddy bear alone.
(b) Lock his window.
(c) Speak to his parents.
(d) Sleep without a nightlight.
4. Which of these is NOT a reason Johnny cites for killing someone in the cafe?
(a) They laughed at him once.
(b) They tried to trip him once.
(c) They are too submissive when people make fun of them.
(d) They're wearing expensive boots.
5. What upsets Johnny even more after he kills the convenience-store clerk?
(a) There is no money in the register.
(b) The store is out of his favorite soda as well.
(c) He is missing his favorite television show.
(d) The gun is out of bullets, so he can't kill himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man outside the cafe ask Johnny for?
2. Why does Johnny stop momentarily during his rampage in the cafe?
3. How did Johnny choose his captive in Part 2?
4. Why does Johnny try to kill Devi?
5. How does the little boy get the nickname, "Squee"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Johnny do to help Squee, in Part 3?
2. Which characters influence Johnny, regarding whether or not he should commit suicide, in Part 1?
3. How does Johnny feel about his second captive, the young woman, in Part 2?
4. What does the survey taker question Johnny about?
5. What happens to Squee in Part 3?
6. Why isn't the first captive in Part 2 afraid of dying, and how does Johnny respond to his lack of fear?
7. What is the comic strip written by Johnny about?
8. How does Johnny feel about his victims?
9. Who is the main character, and what does he do?
10. Who is the first character to be introduced in the book, and how is he introduced?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)