|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Johnny choose his captive in Part 2?
(a) Johnny selected someone at random from the park.
(b) He was widely known as a judgmental and belligerent person.
(c) The person had offended Johnny before.
(d) He didn't have time to search thoroughly and find someone else.
2. How does Squee's mother react when he tells her he is frightened?
(a) She screams that she never wanted him.
(b) She tells him to stop worrying and go back to bed.
(c) She ignores him and tells him to go see his father.
(d) She doesn't respond because she is asleep.
3. What question does the woman ask the man, in the fourth strip of Part 3?
(a) Why they are taking a different route from the one they usually take.
(b) Why he couldn't appreciate the movie as a work of art, regardless of its quality.
(c) Why they berate people, then complain when others do it to them.
(d) Why he wants to continue dating her, when he makes fun of her all the time.
4. How does Squee's father respond when Squee tells him he is frightened?
(a) He ignores Squee, and doesn't speak to him at all.
(b) He checks Squee's closet, and under his bed, to humor him.
(c) He reminds Squee that he never wanted him.
(d) He gives Squee a glass of warm milk and sends him back to bed.
5. What nickname does Johnny use when introducing himself?
(a) Johnny C.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the woman in the couple make fun of, in Part 3?
2. What does Squee do when he sees the survey taker?
3. How does Johnny feel about most of the things people say when they are begging for their lives?
4. Why does Johnny tell Squee to run home, in the second strip of Part 3?
5. What is ironic about Johnny's house number?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the reasons Johnny cites for killing people in the cafe, in Part 3?
2. What is everyone in Heaven doing, and why?
3. What is the comic strip written by Johnny about?
4. In what way does Johnny try to help Squee, in Part 7?
5. What happens on the final page of the book?
6. Who is Shmee?
7. What precipitates Johnny's rampage at the fast-food restaurant?
8. Why isn't Johnny's victim amused by the story Johnny tells in Part 3?
9. What does Happy Noodle Boy do, at the end of Part 3?
10. What powers do the people in Heaven have, and how does Johnny use his?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)