|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Johnny think is the reason behind his compulsion to kill and save his victims' blood?
(a) As a child, he had a traumatic experience involving a wall.
(b) He has multiple personalities.
(c) He realized that torturing people simply wasn't enough.
(d) He is being manipulated by the thing behind the wall.
2. What does Elize explain to Johnny about the conditions outside the gates?
(a) There isn't enough help to keep up with maintenance tasks.
(b) The mess is a tribute to things left behind in the mortal realm.
(c) It is there to deter newcomers who aren't committed enough.
(d) It is that way to provide a contrast between life outside the gates, and life inside.
3. What does Johnny realize about Nail Bunny, in Part 4?
(a) That he has separated himself from Johnny and taken on a personality of his own.
(b) That he is simply a manifestation of one of Johnny's internal voices.
(c) That he is no longer an inanimate object.
(d) That he was actually a pet Johnny once had.
4. According to Johnny, why couldn't he commit the crime of which the young woman accuses him?
(a) He spent his whole life trying not to touch anyone, or be touched by anyone.
(b) He has plenty of money, and no need for more.
(c) He is a vegetarian.
(d) He rarely leaves home, so he has no opportunity to meet rich widows.
5. What does Johnny write, at the end of Part 5?
(a) Screaming, crying and praying to be released don't work.
(b) He is afraid to die, because he knows he will be judged for the things he has done.
(c) He is glad to be dying, because he will finally know the truth about the human condition.
(d) He wishes he had the opportunity to finish his work.
6. How does Johnny destroy the tranquility of Heaven?
(a) By exploding peoples' heads.
(b) By angering God.
(c) By asking a lot of annoying questions.
(d) By making too much noise.
7. What does Johnny ask Squee for, in Part 4?
(d) A Band-Aid.
8. What is the gatekeeper's reaction to what he reads?
(a) He slaps Johnny.
(b) He is speechless.
(c) He asks Johnny some questions about what he reads.
(d) He vomits.
9. Why does Johnny think the bug is mocking him, in the second strip of Part 4?
(a) It whispers to him at night.
(b) It tries to foil his plans for his victims.
(c) He keeps killing it, and it keeps coming back.
(d) It is devoid of emotion, as he would like to be.
10. What does the gatekeeper read?
(a) A list of the acts Johnny committed during his life.
(b) A memo concerning why Johnny was sent there.
(c) Johnny's "Happy Noodle Boy" comics.
(d) Johnny's diary.
11. What does Johnny confess at the end of the first strip of Part 4?
(a) He doesn't know who he is anymore.
(b) He wants to seek professional help.
(c) He is not happy.
(d) He needs help to fight the Dough Boys.
12. What is the first question Johnny asks God?
(a) When God will intervene and stop mankind's degeneration.
(b) Why there is so much suffering in the world.
(c) Why God created him.
(d) Why his life has become such a disaster.
13. How does the female captive escape, in Part 5?
(a) Another captive frees her.
(b) The monster frees her.
(c) She slips out of her shackles.
(d) She beats Johnny up and runs away.
14. What happens to the young woman when she reaches the door of Johnny's house?
(a) She screams in pain.
(b) She disintegrates.
(c) She escapes.
(d) She bursts into flame.
15. According to the Devil, what was Johnny's role in the world?
(a) He was supposed to rid the world of cruel people who contributed to its degeneration.
(b) To remind people of their mortality.
(c) To make people think twice about their actions by punishing those who didn't.
(d) He was supposed to act as an anchor to stabilize the harmful residue left by humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is everyone doing in Heaven?
2. Where is Johnny, at the beginning of Part 6?
3. What does Johnny want to keep, when he returns from Hell?
4. Why is the second strip in Part 6 out of place?
5. Who is the first one to talk to Johnny when he returns from Hell?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)