|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Anne go once per week?
(a) A nightclub.
(b) A belly-dancing class.
(c) A cemetery.
(d) Night school.
2. What does Johnny have a hard time understanding, at the beginning of Part 4?
(a) Why people always ridicule him.
(b) How he became a rampant killer.
(c) Why he is so afraid of the monster behind the wall.
(d) Why people enter into relationships with others.
3. What does the Devil ask Johnny to call him?
(d) Senor Satan.
4. How does Johnny hurt himself, when he visits Squee in Part 4?
(a) He falls down the stairs.
(b) One of his victims bit him.
(c) D-Boy tried to kill him.
(d) He cut his hand on a can of Spaghettios.
5. What does Johnny want to keep, when he returns from Hell?
(a) His new sense of control over his life.
(b) His memories of conversations with God and the Devil.
(c) His destructive mental capabilities.
(d) The coat he got there.
6. What does Johnny suggest to his young female captive, in Part 4?
(a) She is a masochist who enjoys the things he does to her.
(b) She has no sense of self-worth, so she doesn't care if she dies.
(c) Her friend is cruel, even to her, and she enjoys his suffering.
(d) If she were smart enough, she could find a way to escape.
7. What happens to the little boy in the Happy Noodle Boy strip, in Part 5?
(a) He is killed by Happy Noodle Boy.
(b) He is hit by a car.
(c) He injures himself playing with his father's gun.
(d) He eats his dog, and becomes evil.
8. According to the gatekeeper, what is the reason for the condition of the place Johnny goes to in Part 6?
(a) The residents have nothing better to do, so they clean all day.
(b) The residents have better things to do than worry about appearances.
(c) There is no time for the residents to clean.
(d) The gatekeeper refuses to tell Johnny why the place looks the way it does.
9. What film does Johnny quote, in Part 4?
(a) "Lord of the Flies."
(b) "The Fly."
(c) "The Twilight Zone."
(d) "Lord of the Rings."
10. Why does the young woman choose not to save the people in the room she encounters on her way out of Johnny's house?
(a) One of them is rude to her.
(b) She doesn't have enough time to free them before the monster catches up.
(c) She doesn't know how to free them from their shackles.
(d) She reasons that she will go get help and come back for them.
11. What term does the Devil use to describe Johnny?
(c) "Janitor of humanity."
12. Why does Johnny think the bug is mocking him, in the second strip of Part 4?
(a) It whispers to him at night.
(b) It tries to foil his plans for his victims.
(c) He keeps killing it, and it keeps coming back.
(d) It is devoid of emotion, as he would like to be.
13. What does the monster that lived behind Johnny's wall look like?
(a) A mass of tentacles.
(b) An amorphous blob.
(c) A carnivorous plant.
(d) A dragon.
14. According to the Devil, what was Johnny's role in the world?
(a) To remind people of their mortality.
(b) He was supposed to act as an anchor to stabilize the harmful residue left by humans.
(c) He was supposed to rid the world of cruel people who contributed to its degeneration.
(d) To make people think twice about their actions by punishing those who didn't.
15. Why is the second strip in Part 6 out of place?
(a) It refers to a character who has not yet been introduced.
(b) It takes place when Johnny is still alive.
(c) It is drawn in a different style than the others.
(d) Happy Noodle Boy and Johnny are in the same strip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Johnny feels that his victims fail to understand what?
2. What does Johnny have difficulty remembering, in Part 4?
3. Johnny creates a machine that fires a gun when what happens?
4. What does the young woman regret as she is fleeing Johnny's house?
5. Where is Johnny, at the beginning of Part 6?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)