|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Johnny suggest to his young female captive, in Part 4?
(a) Her friend is cruel, even to her, and she enjoys his suffering.
(b) She has no sense of self-worth, so she doesn't care if she dies.
(c) She is a masochist who enjoys the things he does to her.
(d) If she were smart enough, she could find a way to escape.
2. Why are Heaven's inhabitants content?
(a) They have no physiological needs.
(b) They are reunited with everyone in their family.
(c) They lived a life of contentment, without desire.
(d) They finally have whatever they wanted throughout their lives.
3. How does God respond to Johnny's questions?
(a) He says he is still tired from creating the universe, and needs to sleep.
(b) He answers Johnny's questions with more questions.
(c) He ignores Johnny, and doesn't respond at all.
(d) He tells Johnny that Johnny will get his answers when the time is right.
4. What is the gatekeeper's reaction to what he reads?
(a) He vomits.
(b) He asks Johnny some questions about what he reads.
(c) He is speechless.
(d) He slaps Johnny.
5. According to the Devil, what was Johnny's role in the world?
(a) To make people think twice about their actions by punishing those who didn't.
(b) He was supposed to rid the world of cruel people who contributed to its degeneration.
(c) To remind people of their mortality.
(d) He was supposed to act as an anchor to stabilize the harmful residue left by humans.
6. According to Nail Bunny, what defines the world?
(a) Daytime talk shows.
(b) Nothing; it is indefinable.
(c) Relationships between people.
(d) The ability to think logically.
7. According to Nail Bunny, what was different about Johnny before?
(a) He was a much happier person.
(b) He was able to forgive others' shortcomings.
(c) He still did terrible things, but for different reasons.
(d) He killed people, but he didn't torture them.
8. How does Johnny hurt himself, when he visits Squee in Part 4?
(a) He cut his hand on a can of Spaghettios.
(b) One of his victims bit him.
(c) He falls down the stairs.
(d) D-Boy tried to kill him.
9. What happens to the young woman when she reaches the door of Johnny's house?
(a) She bursts into flame.
(b) She escapes.
(c) She disintegrates.
(d) She screams in pain.
10. What does Johnny realize about Nail Bunny, in Part 4?
(a) That he has separated himself from Johnny and taken on a personality of his own.
(b) That he is no longer an inanimate object.
(c) That he is simply a manifestation of one of Johnny's internal voices.
(d) That he was actually a pet Johnny once had.
11. According to Johnny, why couldn't he commit the crime of which the young woman accuses him?
(a) He spent his whole life trying not to touch anyone, or be touched by anyone.
(b) He rarely leaves home, so he has no opportunity to meet rich widows.
(c) He is a vegetarian.
(d) He has plenty of money, and no need for more.
12. Why did other kids make fun of Johnny when he was little?
(a) His parents were poor.
(b) He had bad acne.
(c) His teeth were crooked.
(d) He was too skinny.
13. What happens to the little boy in the Happy Noodle Boy strip, in Part 5?
(a) He injures himself playing with his father's gun.
(b) He is hit by a car.
(c) He is killed by Happy Noodle Boy.
(d) He eats his dog, and becomes evil.
14. For what does Johnny berate himself, when talking to his captives at the end of Part 5?
(a) Not listening to Nail Bunny's warnings.
(b) Caring about small, cruel people.
(c) Letting the monster escape.
(d) Not completing his task.
15. What happens to the male captive who is trying to escape in Part 5?
(a) He is killed by Johnny.
(b) He is killed by the monster.
(c) He escapes, and changes his ways.
(d) He escapes, and ends up in a psychiatric hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny have a hard time understanding, at the beginning of Part 4?
2. Who is Johnny talking to at the beginning of Part 4?
3. How old was the boy in the second public service announcement when he left home?
4. What does the monster that lived behind Johnny's wall look like?
5. Who is introduced at the beginning of Part 5?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)