|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect do humans have on the planet, according to the Devil?
(a) They created an imbalance between Heaven and Hell by inflating Hell's population.
(b) They create an imbalance between their species and nature.
(c) They are necessary for the planet's survival.
(d) Their misdeeds leave an invisible residue on the planet.
2. Where does Anne go once per week?
(a) A nightclub.
(b) A belly-dancing class.
(c) A cemetery.
(d) Night school.
3. What does Johnny have a hard time understanding, at the beginning of Part 4?
(a) Why people enter into relationships with others.
(b) How he became a rampant killer.
(c) Why people always ridicule him.
(d) Why he is so afraid of the monster behind the wall.
4. What is the name of the young man from the movie theater?
5. Why was Johnny a poor choice, according to the Devil, for his prescribed role on Earth?
(a) He was too easily distracted from his task.
(b) He didn't have the experience to fulfill his role efficiently.
(c) He was deranged to begin with.
(d) He didn't enjoy the work he was supposed to be doing.
6. With what crime does the young woman mistakenly associate Johnny?
(a) Marrying old women and stealing their money.
(b) Robbing a bank.
(c) Killing and raping a young woman.
(d) Cannibalizing his victims.
7. How does Johnny hurt himself, when he visits Squee in Part 4?
(a) He cut his hand on a can of Spaghettios.
(b) D-Boy tried to kill him.
(c) One of his victims bit him.
(d) He falls down the stairs.
8. The old woman tells Johnny that everyone in Hell acts a certain way for what reason?
(a) They think there is a giant eyeball in the sky that is always watching them.
(b) It is the way they acted when they were alive.
(c) People can act however they want in Hell, and this is what they chose.
(d) The Devil forces people into certain roles, to keep up appearances.
9. What does the young woman learn, as she is escaping with the other captive in Part 5?
(a) She was friends with jerks so she wouldn't have to be alone, but she would rather be alone.
(b) She realizes that the world needs people like Johnny.
(c) She begins to understand how harsh words and actions affect the people against whom they are directed.
(d) She never believed in monsters, but now, after seeing one first-hand, she has to.
10. What is the gatekeeper's reaction to what he reads?
(a) He slaps Johnny.
(b) He asks Johnny some questions about what he reads.
(c) He is speechless.
(d) He vomits.
11. Who is possessed by the ghost of Happy Noodle Boy, in Part 5?
(a) A little boy.
(b) A bird.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A dog.
12. Johnny feels that his victims fail to understand what?
(a) The impact their actions have on others.
(b) The futility of apologies.
(c) Their role in the world and society.
(d) The insignificance of their actions.
13. What happens to D-Boy and Mr. Eff in Part 5?
(a) They are destroyed by the monster.
(b) Johnny kills them.
(c) They are crushed when the house implodes.
(d) They are burned alive.
14. According to Nail Bunny, what defines the world?
(a) Nothing; it is indefinable.
(b) Relationships between people.
(c) The ability to think logically.
(d) Daytime talk shows.
15. What is the name of the young woman from the movie theater?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Johnny write his final comments, at the end of Part 5?
2. What is the first question Johnny asks God?
3. Who is introduced at the beginning of Part 5?
4. What did Johnny devote himself to, before the killings began?
5. What happens to the male captive who is trying to escape in Part 5?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)