|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Nail Bunny, what defines the world?
(a) Daytime talk shows.
(b) Relationships between people.
(c) The ability to think logically.
(d) Nothing; it is indefinable.
2. What does Johnny realize about Nail Bunny, in Part 4?
(a) That he has separated himself from Johnny and taken on a personality of his own.
(b) That he is simply a manifestation of one of Johnny's internal voices.
(c) That he is no longer an inanimate object.
(d) That he was actually a pet Johnny once had.
3. What does Johnny want to keep, when he returns from Hell?
(a) His destructive mental capabilities.
(b) His memories of conversations with God and the Devil.
(c) The coat he got there.
(d) His new sense of control over his life.
4. What does Johnny have difficulty remembering, in Part 4?
(a) When he and Nail Bunny met.
(b) Why he tried to kill Devi.
(c) His reasons for doing the things he's done.
(d) What drew him to the house in which he currently lives.
5. Who is Happy Noodle Boy sitting on, at the end of his strip in Part 4?
(a) A dentist.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A police officer.
6. What does Johnny suggest to his young female captive, in Part 4?
(a) If she were smart enough, she could find a way to escape.
(b) Her friend is cruel, even to her, and she enjoys his suffering.
(c) She has no sense of self-worth, so she doesn't care if she dies.
(d) She is a masochist who enjoys the things he does to her.
7. What is the name of the young woman from the movie theater?
8. Why does Anne make her weekly outing?
(a) To lose weight.
(b) To be around people who understand her.
(c) To be with her friends.
(d) To educate herself.
9. What is the name of the young man from the movie theater?
10. What does the gatekeeper read?
(a) Johnny's diary.
(b) Johnny's "Happy Noodle Boy" comics.
(c) A memo concerning why Johnny was sent there.
(d) A list of the acts Johnny committed during his life.
11. What happens to the young man from the movie theater?
(a) He escapes, but is a vegetable.
(b) He is still alive when the young woman flees.
(c) He is ripped apart by the monster.
(d) He is finally killed by Johnny's torture.
12. Why does Johnny think the bug is mocking him, in the second strip of Part 4?
(a) It tries to foil his plans for his victims.
(b) It whispers to him at night.
(c) It is devoid of emotion, as he would like to be.
(d) He keeps killing it, and it keeps coming back.
13. According to the gatekeeper, what is the reason for the condition of the place Johnny goes to in Part 6?
(a) There is no time for the residents to clean.
(b) The gatekeeper refuses to tell Johnny why the place looks the way it does.
(c) The residents have better things to do than worry about appearances.
(d) The residents have nothing better to do, so they clean all day.
14. What does the young woman learn, as she is escaping with the other captive in Part 5?
(a) She never believed in monsters, but now, after seeing one first-hand, she has to.
(b) She was friends with jerks so she wouldn't have to be alone, but she would rather be alone.
(c) She begins to understand how harsh words and actions affect the people against whom they are directed.
(d) She realizes that the world needs people like Johnny.
15. According to Johnny, why couldn't he commit the crime of which the young woman accuses him?
(a) He spent his whole life trying not to touch anyone, or be touched by anyone.
(b) He rarely leaves home, so he has no opportunity to meet rich widows.
(c) He is a vegetarian.
(d) He has plenty of money, and no need for more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny have a hard time understanding, at the beginning of Part 4?
2. Who is possessed by the ghost of Happy Noodle Boy, in Part 5?
3. Johnny creates a machine that fires a gun when what happens?
4. What do individuals in Heaven realize about aggression?
5. Who is Johnny talking to at the beginning of Part 4?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)