|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the male captive who is trying to escape in Part 5?
(a) He is killed by the monster.
(b) He escapes, and ends up in a psychiatric hospital.
(c) He escapes, and changes his ways.
(d) He is killed by Johnny.
2. Why does the young woman choose not to save the people in the room she encounters on her way out of Johnny's house?
(a) One of them is rude to her.
(b) She doesn't know how to free them from their shackles.
(c) She reasons that she will go get help and come back for them.
(d) She doesn't have enough time to free them before the monster catches up.
3. How does Johnny destroy the tranquility of Heaven?
(a) By asking a lot of annoying questions.
(b) By angering God.
(c) By exploding peoples' heads.
(d) By making too much noise.
4. What does the monster that lived behind Johnny's wall look like?
(a) A carnivorous plant.
(b) An amorphous blob.
(c) A dragon.
(d) A mass of tentacles.
5. Who is introduced at the beginning of Part 5?
6. What do individuals in Heaven realize about aggression?
(a) It must be exercised with great caution.
(b) It is a very negative force.
(c) It is futile, in most cases.
(d) It is useful, under the right circumstances.
7. What effect do humans have on the planet, according to the Devil?
(a) They created an imbalance between Heaven and Hell by inflating Hell's population.
(b) They are necessary for the planet's survival.
(c) They create an imbalance between their species and nature.
(d) Their misdeeds leave an invisible residue on the planet.
8. According to the Devil, what was Johnny's role in the world?
(a) To remind people of their mortality.
(b) He was supposed to rid the world of cruel people who contributed to its degeneration.
(c) He was supposed to act as an anchor to stabilize the harmful residue left by humans.
(d) To make people think twice about their actions by punishing those who didn't.
9. Where does Anne go once per week?
(a) A cemetery.
(b) A belly-dancing class.
(c) Night school.
(d) A nightclub.
10. What does Johnny observe upon his arrival, in the first strip of Part 6?
(a) The place is clean and sparkling.
(b) The place looks just like his house.
(c) It is too dark for him to see anything.
(d) The place is messy and dirty.
11. Why is the female captive frightened by the new character who is introduced in Part 5?
(a) He is disfigured and bloody.
(b) He is clearly insane, and she is afraid of what he will do.
(c) He comes through the floor, and she doesn't know who or what he is.
(d) He appears to be working with Johnny.
12. What does Johnny have difficulty remembering, in Part 4?
(a) His reasons for doing the things he's done.
(b) Why he tried to kill Devi.
(c) When he and Nail Bunny met.
(d) What drew him to the house in which he currently lives.
13. What does Johnny realize about Nail Bunny, in Part 4?
(a) That he is simply a manifestation of one of Johnny's internal voices.
(b) That he has separated himself from Johnny and taken on a personality of his own.
(c) That he was actually a pet Johnny once had.
(d) That he is no longer an inanimate object.
14. What does the Devil ask Johnny to call him?
(d) Senor Satan.
15. What does Johnny write, at the end of Part 5?
(a) He is afraid to die, because he knows he will be judged for the things he has done.
(b) Screaming, crying and praying to be released don't work.
(c) He wishes he had the opportunity to finish his work.
(d) He is glad to be dying, because he will finally know the truth about the human condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Johnny hurt himself, when he visits Squee in Part 4?
2. What does Johnny realize about the Dough Boys in Part 4?
3. According to the gatekeeper, what is the reason for the condition of the place Johnny goes to in Part 6?
4. How old was the boy in the second public service announcement when he left home?
5. Why does Johnny think the bug is mocking him, in the second strip of Part 4?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)