|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Johnny do to the man in the cafe bathroom?
(a) Blows him up.
(b) Strangles him with toilet paper.
(c) Drowns him in the toilet.
(d) Rubs soap in his eyes and mouth.
2. What is the couple in Part 3 talking about as they walk home from the theater?
(a) The bad acting in the movie they just saw.
(b) A man who sat in front of them and kept telling them to be quiet.
(c) The recent string of murders in the area.
(d) The flaws in their relationship.
3. What question does the woman ask the man, in the fourth strip of Part 3?
(a) Why they are taking a different route from the one they usually take.
(b) Why they berate people, then complain when others do it to them.
(c) Why he couldn't appreciate the movie as a work of art, regardless of its quality.
(d) Why he wants to continue dating her, when he makes fun of her all the time.
4. Who is Happy Noodle Boy?
(a) A character in a comic strip drawn by Johnny.
(b) Squee's teddy bear.
(c) Johnny's alter-ego.
(d) An inanimate object that serves as the voice of reason for Johnny.
5. Why does Johnny try to kill Devi?
(a) Because he thinks she is too close to discovering who he really is.
(b) Because he doesn't want their happiness to end by having the relationship go badly.
(c) Because he wants his feelings for her to go away.
(d) Because he thinks she will go to the police.
6. How does Johnny feel about most of the things people say when they are begging for their lives?
(a) They are nonsensical.
(b) They are true.
(c) They are revelatory.
(d) They are lies.
7. How does the little boy get the nickname, "Squee"?
(a) When Johnny asks his name, he is so frightened that all that comes out is a squeak.
(b) His dad called him this, after the noise his mother made when she first saw him.
(c) He makes this odd sounds when he hiccups or sneezes.
(d) It was what he used to say when trying to learn how to say his name.
8. What threat does Johnny make to the female captive in Part 2?
(a) To disfigure her and send her back to be shunned by her own friends.
(b) To torture her before he kills her.
(c) To make her watch as he kills her friends.
(d) To make her outside as ugly as her inside.
9. Who is Johnny's voice of sanity and reason?
(a) Happy Noodle Boy.
(d) Nail Bunny.
10. Who is Devi?
(a) Johnny's love interest.
(b) Johnny's therapist.
(c) Johnny's long-lost sister.
(d) Johnny's best friend.
11. What does Squee do when he sees the survey taker?
(a) He stops and asks him a question.
(b) He tells his parents.
(c) He screams and runs.
(d) He knocks on Johnny's door to ask for help.
12. Who is Johnny's voice of insanity, who drives him further into his illness?
(b) Nail Bunny.
(d) Happy Noodle Boy.
13. How does Squee's mother react when he tells her he is frightened?
(a) She doesn't respond because she is asleep.
(b) She ignores him and tells him to go see his father.
(c) She screams that she never wanted him.
(d) She tells him to stop worrying and go back to bed.
14. What does Johnny do with the surveyor after stabbing him?
(a) Laughs at him.
(b) Yells at him more.
(c) Throws him out the window.
(d) Leaves him on the living room floor.
15. Why do the people outside the cafe make fun of Johnny?
(a) He doesn't carry cash.
(b) He doesn't wear a watch.
(c) He doesn't smoke.
(d) He doesn't have a cell phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Johnny stop momentarily during his rampage in the cafe?
2. What song is Johnny listening to as he walks, in the first strip of Part 3?
3. According to Johnny, when is violence, on television or in the media, dangerous?
4. What is strange about Johnny's doorbell?
5. Johnny accuses the survey taker of being sent by whom?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)