|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Johnny, when is violence, on television or in the media, dangerous?
(a) When it is too gory and intense.
(b) When those watching it are idiots.
(c) When small, impressionable children watch it.
(d) When kids watch it without their parents to put it into context.
2. What is Johnny's response to Devi's joking threat in Part 2?
(a) He flies into a rage.
(b) He is frightened.
(c) He gets quiet and contemplative.
(d) He laughs with her.
3. What is the couple in Part 3 talking about as they walk home from the theater?
(a) A man who sat in front of them and kept telling them to be quiet.
(b) The flaws in their relationship.
(c) The recent string of murders in the area.
(d) The bad acting in the movie they just saw.
4. What does Nail Bunny tell Johnny about the dough boys, in Part 3?
(a) They are planning to kill him.
(b) They don't understand him the way Nail Bunny does.
(c) They are his best friends, and he should trust them.
(d) They are trying to manipulate him.
5. How was Johnny hurt, when he first meets Squee?
(a) His last victim fought back.
(b) He fell off of his bike.
(c) He was hit by a car.
(d) He cut himself on broken glass.
6. Who is Happy Noodle Boy?
(a) An inanimate object that serves as the voice of reason for Johnny.
(b) A character in a comic strip drawn by Johnny.
(c) Squee's teddy bear.
(d) Johnny's alter-ego.
7. What does the survey taker note about one of the more recent victims?
(a) Her blood was drained.
(b) She was tied to a cross.
(c) Her head was removed.
(d) She had been tortured.
8. How does Squee's mother react when he tells her he is frightened?
(a) She tells him to stop worrying and go back to bed.
(b) She screams that she never wanted him.
(c) She doesn't respond because she is asleep.
(d) She ignores him and tells him to go see his father.
9. Why is Squee frightened at the beginning of the book?
(a) He thinks there is a monster in his closet.
(b) His father is angry at him.
(c) He is having nightmares.
(d) He hears noises outside his bedroom window.
10. What question does the woman ask the man, in the fourth strip of Part 3?
(a) Why he wants to continue dating her, when he makes fun of her all the time.
(b) Why he couldn't appreciate the movie as a work of art, regardless of its quality.
(c) Why they berate people, then complain when others do it to them.
(d) Why they are taking a different route from the one they usually take.
11. The survey taker informs Johnny that some believe what about the killer?
(a) He is a vampire.
(b) He had a bad childhood.
(c) He is a young, Caucasian male.
(d) He is in some sort of a cult.
12. What is strange about Johnny's doorbell?
(a) It shocks the person who rings it.
(b) It has a sign above it saying "Run while you can."
(c) When it is rung, it shocks a victim in the basement who screams.
(d) It automatically locks all of his doors and windows when it's rung.
13. How does Johnny feel about most of the things people say when they are begging for their lives?
(a) They are true.
(b) They are nonsensical.
(c) They are lies.
(d) They are revelatory.
14. How does Johnny account for his lack of compassion?
(a) His parents' abuse made him unable to feel much of anything.
(b) He doesn't know why he feels that way.
(c) He was simply born that way.
(d) He can't care for those who mistreat others.
15. How did Johnny choose his captive in Part 2?
(a) He was widely known as a judgmental and belligerent person.
(b) He didn't have time to search thoroughly and find someone else.
(c) The person had offended Johnny before.
(d) Johnny selected someone at random from the park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Devi?
2. What is Johnny's house number?
3. Why does Johnny panic and leave the room the first time he is with Devi?
4. Johnny accuses the survey taker of being sent by whom?
5. What day of the week is it, in the second strip of Part 3?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)