|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Squee in the second strip of Part 3?
(a) He loses his mother at the mall.
(b) He almost gets hit by a car.
(c) He gets beat up at school.
(d) He loses his teddy bear.
2. Who is talking to Johnny at the beginning of Part 3?
(b) Burger Boy.
(c) Mr. Eff.
(d) Nail Bunny.
3. What is the captive's name, in Part 2?
(a) Edward Vallas.
(b) Eddie Vandermeer.
(c) Edgar Vargas.
(d) Ethan Vasquez.
4. Why does Johnny try to shock himself with a Taser in Part 3?
(a) To see if it still works.
(b) To show that he can feel pain.
(c) To prove that he can't die.
(d) To prove to himself that he is still alive.
5. What song is Johnny listening to as he walks, in the first strip of Part 3?
(a) "Don't Worry, Be Happy."
(b) "Come On Get Happy."
(c) "Ode to Joy."
(d) "Walking on Sunshine."
6. Why does Johnny attack the convenience-store clerk in Part 2?
(a) Because the slushy machine is turned off.
(b) Because they are out of his favorite snack.
(c) Because the store is closing.
(d) Because the clerk laughs at him.
7. What does Johnny consider doing to avoid the discomfort caused by the things his victims say?
(a) Gagging them.
(b) Cutting out their tongues.
(c) Listening to loud music.
(d) Wearing earplugs.
8. What does Johnny tell the survey taker about his victims?
(a) They weren't important; they were just part of a greater plan.
(b) They were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
(c) Death had told Johnny it was their time to go.
(d) They helped to cause their own demise.
9. Why does Johnny need to kill his captive in Part 2, despite the rapport they have built?
(a) He can't run the risk of letting the captive go to the police.
(b) He is afraid of developing a relationship with the captive.
(c) He doesn't want to ruin his reputation.
(d) He needs more blood for the wall.
10. How did Johnny choose his captive in Part 2?
(a) He was widely known as a judgmental and belligerent person.
(b) Johnny selected someone at random from the park.
(c) The person had offended Johnny before.
(d) He didn't have time to search thoroughly and find someone else.
11. What does Johnny stab the surveyor with?
(a) A pencil.
(b) A pocketknife.
(c) A pen.
(d) A wooden stake.
12. How does Johnny feel about most of the things people say when they are begging for their lives?
(a) They are lies.
(b) They are revelatory.
(c) They are true.
(d) They are nonsensical.
13. Why did Johnny choose to buy the house he currently lives in?
(a) There were some torture devices already installed.
(b) He wanted to keep close tabs on Squee.
(c) No one knew him in this area.
(d) There were lots of potential victims here.
14. How does the little boy get the nickname, "Squee"?
(a) It was what he used to say when trying to learn how to say his name.
(b) He makes this odd sounds when he hiccups or sneezes.
(c) When Johnny asks his name, he is so frightened that all that comes out is a squeak.
(d) His dad called him this, after the noise his mother made when she first saw him.
15. What does the survey taker say about Johnny's answers to his questions?
(a) They are not detailed enough.
(b) They are creepy.
(c) They are too detailed.
(d) They are fantastic.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Johnny, when is violence, on television or in the media, dangerous?
2. What does Mr. Eff say about Devi in Part 2?
3. Why does the unknown man in Part 3 get so angry with Squee?
4. Where is the young couple, at the end of the fourth strip in Part 3?
5. What is strange about Johnny's doorbell?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)