|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a reason Johnny cites for killing someone in the cafe?
(a) They tried to trip him once.
(b) They're wearing expensive boots.
(c) They laughed at him once.
(d) They are too submissive when people make fun of them.
2. Who is Happy Noodle Boy?
(a) Squee's teddy bear.
(b) A character in a comic strip drawn by Johnny.
(c) Johnny's alter-ego.
(d) An inanimate object that serves as the voice of reason for Johnny.
3. How does Johnny kill the convenience store clerk?
(a) With the gun the clerk kept under the counter.
(b) With a ball-point pen.
(c) With a letter opener.
(d) With a popsicle stick.
4. What does Johnny tell Squee not to do again, the first time they meet?
(a) Lock his window.
(b) Leave his teddy bear alone.
(c) Speak to his parents.
(d) Sleep without a nightlight.
5. Who is Johnny's voice of insanity, who drives him further into his illness?
(a) Nail Bunny.
(c) Happy Noodle Boy.
6. What does Mr. Eff say about Devi in Part 2?
(a) That she is interfering with his relationship with Johnny.
(b) That Johnny should enjoy the happiness he feels with her.
(c) That Johnny is not good enough for her.
(d) That she is crazy, and Johnny should stay away from her.
7. Why did Johnny choose to buy the house he currently lives in?
(a) There were lots of potential victims here.
(b) He wanted to keep close tabs on Squee.
(c) There were some torture devices already installed.
(d) No one knew him in this area.
8. Who does the woman in the couple make fun of, in Part 3?
(a) The man in the theater who was watching a movie alone.
(b) A girl who attended her date's last show.
(c) One of the actors in the film they just watched.
(d) A fat woman wearing a band tee shirt.
9. What is Johnny's house number?
10. Johnny tells Squee that he should feel what emotion, with regard to the man in the second strip of Part 3?
11. What song is Johnny listening to as he walks, in the first strip of Part 3?
(a) "Don't Worry, Be Happy."
(b) "Walking on Sunshine."
(c) "Ode to Joy."
(d) "Come On Get Happy."
12. Why do the people outside the cafe make fun of Johnny?
(a) He doesn't smoke.
(b) He doesn't carry cash.
(c) He doesn't wear a watch.
(d) He doesn't have a cell phone.
13. What does Johnny write about himself in his "die-ary", after killing the young woman in Part 2?
(a) He is not meant for this world.
(b) He is too compassionate.
(c) He wonders what is wrong with him.
(d) He is ugly on the inside.
14. Why does Johnny need to kill his captive in Part 2, despite the rapport they have built?
(a) He is afraid of developing a relationship with the captive.
(b) He doesn't want to ruin his reputation.
(c) He needs more blood for the wall.
(d) He can't run the risk of letting the captive go to the police.
15. What does Johnny write in his "die-ary" at the end of Part 2?
(a) He stares at the mirror until he is convinced that he can go through, but he always hits the glass.
(b) He wonders if anyone will notice what he is doing, and if the world will change because of it.
(c) He thinks that Mr. Eff, Nail Bunny and D-Boy are laughing at him behind his back.
(d) He wonders where Devi is, what she is doing, and whether she is thinking about him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ironic about Johnny's house number?
2. Who is talking to Johnny at the beginning of Part 3?
3. What happens to Happy Noodle Boy, in Part 2, after he is abducted by aliens?
4. What day of the week is it, in the second strip of Part 3?
5. What compliment does Johnny give to the female captive in Part 2?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)