|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Johnny meet Devi?
(a) The convenience store.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The gas station.
(d) The bookstore.
2. Why is Squee frightened at the beginning of the book?
(a) His father is angry at him.
(b) He is having nightmares.
(c) He hears noises outside his bedroom window.
(d) He thinks there is a monster in his closet.
3. What compliment does Johnny give to the female captive in Part 2?
(a) He tells her she is braver than most of his victims.
(b) He tells her that she is a lot like him.
(c) He tells her she is beautiful.
(d) He tells her that she is very intelligent.
4. Why is the captive in Part 2 unafraid of death?
(a) He believes that he will be reincarnated.
(b) He believes that he cannot be killed.
(c) He is depressed and already wants to die.
(d) He believes in God and Heaven.
5. What does Mr. Eff say about Devi in Part 2?
(a) That Johnny should enjoy the happiness he feels with her.
(b) That she is crazy, and Johnny should stay away from her.
(c) That she is interfering with his relationship with Johnny.
(d) That Johnny is not good enough for her.
6. What does Squee see when he returns to his room from talking to his parents, in Part 1?
(a) His closet door has been ripped off its hinges.
(b) His bedroom window is broken.
(c) His music box has fallen off its shelf.
(d) His sheets have been ripped off the bed.
7. Why does Johnny try to shock himself with a Taser in Part 3?
(a) To show that he can feel pain.
(b) To see if it still works.
(c) To prove that he can't die.
(d) To prove to himself that he is still alive.
8. What upsets Johnny even more after he kills the convenience-store clerk?
(a) There is no money in the register.
(b) The store is out of his favorite soda as well.
(c) The gun is out of bullets, so he can't kill himself.
(d) He is missing his favorite television show.
9. What is the subject of the public service announcement in Part 3?
(b) Internet addiction.
(c) Teen pregnancy.
(d) Violence in the media.
10. What day of the week is it, in the second strip of Part 3?
11. The survey taker informs Johnny that some believe what about the killer?
(a) He had a bad childhood.
(b) He is a vampire.
(c) He is a young, Caucasian male.
(d) He is in some sort of a cult.
12. What does Johnny do to the man in the cafe bathroom?
(a) Strangles him with toilet paper.
(b) Blows him up.
(c) Drowns him in the toilet.
(d) Rubs soap in his eyes and mouth.
13. How does Johnny feel about most of the things people say when they are begging for their lives?
(a) They are revelatory.
(b) They are true.
(c) They are nonsensical.
(d) They are lies.
14. Why does Johnny mutilate the man in the second strip of Part 3?
(a) Because he needs his blood for his wall.
(b) Because he wants to punish him for trying to hurt Squee.
(c) To show Squee that he is just a bad person, not a monster.
(d) Because the man tries to fight back.
15. Why does Johnny attack the convenience-store clerk in Part 2?
(a) Because they are out of his favorite snack.
(b) Because the slushy machine is turned off.
(c) Because the store is closing.
(d) Because the clerk laughs at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the couple in Part 3 talking about as they walk home from the theater?
2. What does Johnny stab the surveyor with?
3. Johnny accuses the survey taker of being sent by whom?
4. How does the little boy get the nickname, "Squee"?
5. Why does Johnny panic and leave the room the first time he is with Devi?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)