|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Johnny's voice of insanity, who drives him further into his illness?
(b) Nail Bunny.
(d) Happy Noodle Boy.
2. Why does Johnny tell Squee to run home, in the second strip of Part 3?
(a) The police are closing in.
(b) UFOs are coming.
(c) His mother is waiting for him.
(d) The man might regain consciousness.
3. Which of these is NOT a reason Johnny cites for killing someone in the cafe?
(a) They laughed at him once.
(b) They are too submissive when people make fun of them.
(c) They tried to trip him once.
(d) They're wearing expensive boots.
4. Why is Squee frightened at the beginning of the book?
(a) His father is angry at him.
(b) He thinks there is a monster in his closet.
(c) He is having nightmares.
(d) He hears noises outside his bedroom window.
5. What does Johnny tell Squee not to do again, the first time they meet?
(a) Sleep without a nightlight.
(b) Leave his teddy bear alone.
(c) Lock his window.
(d) Speak to his parents.
6. What does Johnny stab the surveyor with?
(a) A pocketknife.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A wooden stake.
(d) A pen.
7. What does the survey taker say about Johnny's answers to his questions?
(a) They are creepy.
(b) They are not detailed enough.
(c) They are too detailed.
(d) They are fantastic.
8. Who is the first character to be introduced?
(c) Happy Noodle Boy.
9. Who is Devi?
(a) Johnny's therapist.
(b) Johnny's long-lost sister.
(c) Johnny's best friend.
(d) Johnny's love interest.
10. What does Johnny do to Squee's teddy bear?
(a) He screams at it and stabs him before handing him back to Squee.
(b) He attempts to flush him down the toilet.
(c) He talks to him and gives him a hug, then hands him back to Squee.
(d) He rips the head off of it.
11. Who is Johnny's voice of sanity and reason?
(a) Happy Noodle Boy.
(b) Nail Bunny.
12. What does Johnny do with the surveyor after stabbing him?
(a) Leaves him on the living room floor.
(b) Laughs at him.
(c) Yells at him more.
(d) Throws him out the window.
13. What does the captive, in Part 2, suggest Johnny should do?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Try to see things from his victims' point of view.
(c) Turn himself in to the police.
(d) Seek professional help.
14. Why does Johnny panic and leave the room the first time he is with Devi?
(a) He can't deal with his emotions.
(b) He is afraid she will kill him.
(c) He is afraid he will lose control and kill her.
(d) He is afraid she will find out who he really is.
15. Why does Johnny stop momentarily during his rampage in the cafe?
(a) He sees someone he knows.
(b) He needs a drink.
(c) His CD skips.
(d) He stops to think about what he is doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Squee's father respond when Squee tells him he is frightened?
2. What is the subject of the public service announcement in Part 3?
3. Why do the people outside the cafe make fun of Johnny?
4. What day of the week is it, in the second strip of Part 3?
5. What is ironic about Johnny's house number?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)