|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Happy Noodle Boy, in Part 2, after he is abducted by aliens?
(a) He goes back to their planet with them.
(b) He learns how to fly the ship.
(c) They perform experiments on him.
(d) They drop him back to Earth.
2. Why does Johnny need to kill his captive in Part 2, despite the rapport they have built?
(a) He is afraid of developing a relationship with the captive.
(b) He can't run the risk of letting the captive go to the police.
(c) He doesn't want to ruin his reputation.
(d) He needs more blood for the wall.
3. What day of the week is it, in the second strip of Part 3?
4. What does Squee do when he sees the survey taker?
(a) He screams and runs.
(b) He knocks on Johnny's door to ask for help.
(c) He tells his parents.
(d) He stops and asks him a question.
5. What nickname does Johnny use when introducing himself?
(c) Johnny C.
6. How does Squee's father respond when Squee tells him he is frightened?
(a) He checks Squee's closet, and under his bed, to humor him.
(b) He reminds Squee that he never wanted him.
(c) He gives Squee a glass of warm milk and sends him back to bed.
(d) He ignores Squee, and doesn't speak to him at all.
7. Who is Happy Noodle Boy?
(a) Squee's teddy bear.
(b) An inanimate object that serves as the voice of reason for Johnny.
(c) A character in a comic strip drawn by Johnny.
(d) Johnny's alter-ego.
8. How does Johnny kill the convenience store clerk?
(a) With the gun the clerk kept under the counter.
(b) With a letter opener.
(c) With a ball-point pen.
(d) With a popsicle stick.
9. Why does Johnny mutilate the man in the second strip of Part 3?
(a) To show Squee that he is just a bad person, not a monster.
(b) Because he needs his blood for his wall.
(c) Because the man tries to fight back.
(d) Because he wants to punish him for trying to hurt Squee.
10. Johnny is convinced, at the beginning of Part 3, that he spends too much time focusing on what?
(a) The people who have hurt him in the past.
(b) His own wants and desires.
(c) People who will disappoint him.
(d) Death and the afterlife.
11. How does the little boy get the nickname, "Squee"?
(a) When Johnny asks his name, he is so frightened that all that comes out is a squeak.
(b) He makes this odd sounds when he hiccups or sneezes.
(c) His dad called him this, after the noise his mother made when she first saw him.
(d) It was what he used to say when trying to learn how to say his name.
12. Why do the people outside the cafe make fun of Johnny?
(a) He doesn't have a cell phone.
(b) He doesn't wear a watch.
(c) He doesn't smoke.
(d) He doesn't carry cash.
13. Why does Johnny believe he has to keep one of his walls wet?
(a) So that his guests will know not to touch it.
(b) So that his fingerprints won't show.
(c) So the monster won't come out.
(d) So that no one can see through it.
14. Who is talking to Johnny at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) Nail Bunny.
(b) Mr. Eff.
(d) Burger Boy.
15. What is strange about Johnny's doorbell?
(a) It has a sign above it saying "Run while you can."
(b) When it is rung, it shocks a victim in the basement who screams.
(c) It automatically locks all of his doors and windows when it's rung.
(d) It shocks the person who rings it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a reason Johnny cites for killing someone in the cafe?
2. According to Johnny, when is violence, on television or in the media, dangerous?
3. What does the man outside the cafe ask Johnny for?
4. What does Johnny decide to do, after his conversation at the beginning of Part 3?
5. Johnny accuses the survey taker of being sent by whom?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)