|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Johnny need to kill his captive in Part 2, despite the rapport they have built?
(a) He can't run the risk of letting the captive go to the police.
(b) He needs more blood for the wall.
(c) He is afraid of developing a relationship with the captive.
(d) He doesn't want to ruin his reputation.
2. What is Johnny's house number?
3. What is strange about Johnny's doorbell?
(a) It shocks the person who rings it.
(b) It has a sign above it saying "Run while you can."
(c) It automatically locks all of his doors and windows when it's rung.
(d) When it is rung, it shocks a victim in the basement who screams.
4. How does Johnny account for his lack of compassion?
(a) He can't care for those who mistreat others.
(b) He doesn't know why he feels that way.
(c) He was simply born that way.
(d) His parents' abuse made him unable to feel much of anything.
5. Johnny is convinced, at the beginning of Part 3, that he spends too much time focusing on what?
(a) The people who have hurt him in the past.
(b) People who will disappoint him.
(c) His own wants and desires.
(d) Death and the afterlife.
6. What does Johnny do to Squee's teddy bear?
(a) He rips the head off of it.
(b) He screams at it and stabs him before handing him back to Squee.
(c) He attempts to flush him down the toilet.
(d) He talks to him and gives him a hug, then hands him back to Squee.
7. How does Johnny kill the convenience store clerk?
(a) With a popsicle stick.
(b) With the gun the clerk kept under the counter.
(c) With a ball-point pen.
(d) With a letter opener.
8. What question does the woman ask the man, in the fourth strip of Part 3?
(a) Why they berate people, then complain when others do it to them.
(b) Why he wants to continue dating her, when he makes fun of her all the time.
(c) Why they are taking a different route from the one they usually take.
(d) Why he couldn't appreciate the movie as a work of art, regardless of its quality.
9. What word causes Johnny to go on a rampage in a fast-food restaurant?
10. Why does Johnny try to kill Devi?
(a) Because he thinks she is too close to discovering who he really is.
(b) Because he thinks she will go to the police.
(c) Because he wants his feelings for her to go away.
(d) Because he doesn't want their happiness to end by having the relationship go badly.
11. Why do the people outside the cafe make fun of Johnny?
(a) He doesn't have a cell phone.
(b) He doesn't wear a watch.
(c) He doesn't carry cash.
(d) He doesn't smoke.
12. What does Johnny tell Squee not to do again, the first time they meet?
(a) Sleep without a nightlight.
(b) Speak to his parents.
(c) Lock his window.
(d) Leave his teddy bear alone.
13. What does Johnny tell the survey taker about his victims?
(a) They were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
(b) Death had told Johnny it was their time to go.
(c) They weren't important; they were just part of a greater plan.
(d) They helped to cause their own demise.
14. What is Johnny searching for in Squee's bathroom?
(b) Hydrogen peroxide.
15. What event does Happy Noodle Boy barge in on, in Part 3?
(a) A bar mitzvah.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A birthday party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of the public service announcement in Part 3?
2. Why does Johnny attack the convenience-store clerk in Part 2?
3. Why does the unknown man in Part 3 get so angry with Squee?
4. How does the little boy get the nickname, "Squee"?
5. What is the name of Squee's teddy bear?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)