Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compliment does Johnny give to the female captive in Part 2?
(a) He tells her that she is very intelligent.
(b) He tells her she is braver than most of his victims.
(c) He tells her that she is a lot like him.
(d) He tells her she is beautiful.
2. Why does Johnny stop momentarily during his rampage in the cafe?
(a) His CD skips.
(b) He stops to think about what he is doing.
(c) He needs a drink.
(d) He sees someone he knows.
3. Johnny goes into the cafe, in Part 3, instead of going where?
(a) A dance club.
(b) A clothing boutique.
(c) A bookstore.
(d) A fast-food restaurant.
4. What does Johnny write in his "die-ary" at the end of Part 2?
(a) He wonders if anyone will notice what he is doing, and if the world will change because of it.
(b) He stares at the mirror until he is convinced that he can go through, but he always hits the glass.
(c) He thinks that Mr. Eff, Nail Bunny and D-Boy are laughing at him behind his back.
(d) He wonders where Devi is, what she is doing, and whether she is thinking about him.
5. Who is Johnny's voice of sanity and reason?
(b) Nail Bunny.
(d) Happy Noodle Boy.
6. What happens to Squee in the second strip of Part 3?
(a) He loses his mother at the mall.
(b) He gets beat up at school.
(c) He almost gets hit by a car.
(d) He loses his teddy bear.
7. What song is Johnny listening to as he walks, in the first strip of Part 3?
(a) "Walking on Sunshine."
(b) "Ode to Joy."
(c) "Come On Get Happy."
(d) "Don't Worry, Be Happy."
8. Who is talking to Johnny at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) Burger Boy.
(c) Mr. Eff.
(d) Nail Bunny.
9. What is Johnny's response when the captive in Part 2 asks Johnny to loosen his restraints?
(a) The captive should enjoy the pain, because it means he's still alive.
(b) The pain will teach him a lesson that he will remember when Johnny lets him go.
(c) Johnny can't loosen the restraints because then the captive might try to flee.
(d) Johnny can't loosen the restraints because then the process won't be any fun.
10. How does Johnny kill the convenience store clerk?
(a) With a letter opener.
(b) With a popsicle stick.
(c) With a ball-point pen.
(d) With the gun the clerk kept under the counter.
11. Which of these is NOT a reason Johnny cites for killing someone in the cafe?
(a) They tried to trip him once.
(b) They are too submissive when people make fun of them.
(c) They're wearing expensive boots.
(d) They laughed at him once.
12. Where is the young couple, at the end of the fourth strip in Part 3?
(a) At the woman's house, opening their mail.
(b) Sitting in a cafe, drinking coffee.
(c) Strapped into chairs, in Johnny's house.
(d) Having dinner at a restaurant.
13. Why does Johnny believe he has to keep one of his walls wet?
(a) So that no one can see through it.
(b) So the monster won't come out.
(c) So that his guests will know not to touch it.
(d) So that his fingerprints won't show.
14. What is Johnny's house number?
15. How does Johnny account for his lack of compassion?
(a) His parents' abuse made him unable to feel much of anything.
(b) He was simply born that way.
(c) He can't care for those who mistreat others.
(d) He doesn't know why he feels that way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does the woman ask the man, in the fourth strip of Part 3?
2. What upsets Johnny even more after he kills the convenience-store clerk?
3. What is the captive's name, in Part 2?
4. What does Johnny do to the man in the cafe bathroom?
5. How did Johnny choose his captive in Part 2?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)