|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Johnny goes into the cafe, in Part 3, instead of going where?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) A fast-food restaurant.
(c) A dance club.
(d) A clothing boutique.
2. Why is Squee frightened at the beginning of the book?
(a) He is having nightmares.
(b) His father is angry at him.
(c) He hears noises outside his bedroom window.
(d) He thinks there is a monster in his closet.
3. Why does Johnny attack the convenience-store clerk in Part 2?
(a) Because the slushy machine is turned off.
(b) Because the clerk laughs at him.
(c) Because they are out of his favorite snack.
(d) Because the store is closing.
4. What is Johnny's response to Devi's joking threat in Part 2?
(a) He gets quiet and contemplative.
(b) He is frightened.
(c) He flies into a rage.
(d) He laughs with her.
5. What is Johnny searching for in Squee's bathroom?
(d) Hydrogen peroxide.
6. What is the name of Squee's teddy bear?
(c) Mister Boo.
7. Where did Johnny meet Devi?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The convenience store.
(c) The bookstore.
(d) The gas station.
8. Where is the young couple, at the end of the fourth strip in Part 3?
(a) Having dinner at a restaurant.
(b) Strapped into chairs, in Johnny's house.
(c) At the woman's house, opening their mail.
(d) Sitting in a cafe, drinking coffee.
9. What compliment does Johnny give to the female captive in Part 2?
(a) He tells her that she is a lot like him.
(b) He tells her she is beautiful.
(c) He tells her that she is very intelligent.
(d) He tells her she is braver than most of his victims.
10. Why does Johnny believe he has to keep one of his walls wet?
(a) So the monster won't come out.
(b) So that no one can see through it.
(c) So that his guests will know not to touch it.
(d) So that his fingerprints won't show.
11. According to Johnny, when is violence, on television or in the media, dangerous?
(a) When small, impressionable children watch it.
(b) When those watching it are idiots.
(c) When it is too gory and intense.
(d) When kids watch it without their parents to put it into context.
12. What nickname does Johnny use when introducing himself?
(d) Johnny C.
13. What event does Happy Noodle Boy barge in on, in Part 3?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A birthday party.
(d) A bar mitzvah.
14. Johnny is convinced, at the beginning of Part 3, that he spends too much time focusing on what?
(a) People who will disappoint him.
(b) Death and the afterlife.
(c) His own wants and desires.
(d) The people who have hurt him in the past.
15. The survey taker informs Johnny that some believe what about the killer?
(a) He had a bad childhood.
(b) He is a young, Caucasian male.
(c) He is in some sort of a cult.
(d) He is a vampire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is talking to Johnny at the beginning of Part 3?
2. Why do the people outside the cafe make fun of Johnny?
3. What is the couple in Part 3 talking about as they walk home from the theater?
4. Who is the first character to be introduced?
5. What does the survey taker say about Johnny's answers to his questions?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)