|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Johnny write in his "die-ary" at the end of Part 2?
(a) He stares at the mirror until he is convinced that he can go through, but he always hits the glass.
(b) He thinks that Mr. Eff, Nail Bunny and D-Boy are laughing at him behind his back.
(c) He wonders where Devi is, what she is doing, and whether she is thinking about him.
(d) He wonders if anyone will notice what he is doing, and if the world will change because of it.
2. What is Johnny's house number?
3. Which of these is NOT a reason Johnny cites for killing someone in the cafe?
(a) They tried to trip him once.
(b) They're wearing expensive boots.
(c) They laughed at him once.
(d) They are too submissive when people make fun of them.
4. Why does Johnny mutilate the man in the second strip of Part 3?
(a) Because he wants to punish him for trying to hurt Squee.
(b) Because he needs his blood for his wall.
(c) Because the man tries to fight back.
(d) To show Squee that he is just a bad person, not a monster.
5. What does Johnny decide to do, after his conversation at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) Make some friends.
(b) Change his wardrobe.
(c) Go out and try to enjoy things.
(d) Clean up his house.
6. What does the captive, in Part 2, suggest Johnny should do?
(a) Turn himself in to the police.
(b) Try to see things from his victims' point of view.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Seek professional help.
7. What question does the woman ask the man, in the fourth strip of Part 3?
(a) Why they are taking a different route from the one they usually take.
(b) Why they berate people, then complain when others do it to them.
(c) Why he couldn't appreciate the movie as a work of art, regardless of its quality.
(d) Why he wants to continue dating her, when he makes fun of her all the time.
8. How did Johnny choose his captive in Part 2?
(a) The person had offended Johnny before.
(b) He didn't have time to search thoroughly and find someone else.
(c) Johnny selected someone at random from the park.
(d) He was widely known as a judgmental and belligerent person.
9. How does Johnny kill the convenience store clerk?
(a) With a letter opener.
(b) With a popsicle stick.
(c) With a ball-point pen.
(d) With the gun the clerk kept under the counter.
10. What does Devi jokingly threaten to do to Johnny, in Part 2?
(a) Castrate him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Burn him alive.
(d) Burn his house down.
11. What is the result of Johnny's attempt to kill Devi?
(a) She feigns death, then runs away.
(b) She is killed.
(c) She beats Johnny up and escapes.
(d) She is rescued by the police.
12. Why does Johnny attack the convenience-store clerk in Part 2?
(a) Because the slushy machine is turned off.
(b) Because the store is closing.
(c) Because the clerk laughs at him.
(d) Because they are out of his favorite snack.
13. According to Johnny, when is violence, on television or in the media, dangerous?
(a) When those watching it are idiots.
(b) When it is too gory and intense.
(c) When kids watch it without their parents to put it into context.
(d) When small, impressionable children watch it.
14. What is the subject of the public service announcement in Part 3?
(a) Internet addiction.
(c) Violence in the media.
(d) Teen pregnancy.
15. What does Mr. Eff say about Devi in Part 2?
(a) That she is interfering with his relationship with Johnny.
(b) That Johnny should enjoy the happiness he feels with her.
(c) That she is crazy, and Johnny should stay away from her.
(d) That Johnny is not good enough for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Johnny try to kill Devi?
2. What is the name of Squee's teddy bear?
3. Why does Johnny panic and leave the room the first time he is with Devi?
4. What event does Happy Noodle Boy barge in on, in Part 3?
5. How does the little boy get the nickname, "Squee"?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)