|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The survey taker in Part 1 is asking people in the community for their thoughts on what?
(a) Starting a neighborhood watch.
(b) Installing crossing guards at crosswalks for the school children.
(c) The recent murders in the neighborhood.
(d) Improving the town's infrastructure.
2. What word causes Johnny to go on a rampage in a fast-food restaurant?
3. Johnny goes into the cafe, in Part 3, instead of going where?
(a) A clothing boutique.
(b) A bookstore.
(c) A fast-food restaurant.
(d) A dance club.
4. What does Squee do when he sees the survey taker?
(a) He knocks on Johnny's door to ask for help.
(b) He tells his parents.
(c) He stops and asks him a question.
(d) He screams and runs.
5. According to Johnny, when is violence, on television or in the media, dangerous?
(a) When small, impressionable children watch it.
(b) When kids watch it without their parents to put it into context.
(c) When it is too gory and intense.
(d) When those watching it are idiots.
6. What does Johnny write about himself in his "die-ary", after killing the young woman in Part 2?
(a) He is not meant for this world.
(b) He is too compassionate.
(c) He is ugly on the inside.
(d) He wonders what is wrong with him.
7. What is Johnny's response to Devi's joking threat in Part 2?
(a) He is frightened.
(b) He gets quiet and contemplative.
(c) He flies into a rage.
(d) He laughs with her.
8. Why do the people outside the cafe make fun of Johnny?
(a) He doesn't smoke.
(b) He doesn't carry cash.
(c) He doesn't wear a watch.
(d) He doesn't have a cell phone.
9. What is the name of Squee's teddy bear?
(d) Mister Boo.
10. Why does Johnny stop momentarily during his rampage in the cafe?
(a) He stops to think about what he is doing.
(b) His CD skips.
(c) He needs a drink.
(d) He sees someone he knows.
11. Who is Johnny's voice of insanity, who drives him further into his illness?
(b) Nail Bunny.
(c) Happy Noodle Boy.
12. Why does Johnny try to kill Devi?
(a) Because he thinks she will go to the police.
(b) Because he thinks she is too close to discovering who he really is.
(c) Because he wants his feelings for her to go away.
(d) Because he doesn't want their happiness to end by having the relationship go badly.
13. Johnny tells Squee that he should feel what emotion, with regard to the man in the second strip of Part 3?
14. Who is talking to Johnny at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) Mr. Eff.
(b) Nail Bunny.
(d) Burger Boy.
15. What is Johnny's house number?
Short Answer Questions
1. Johnny is convinced, at the beginning of Part 3, that he spends too much time focusing on what?
2. Why does Johnny attack the convenience-store clerk in Part 2?
3. What does the captive, in Part 2, suggest Johnny should do?
4. How does Johnny account for his lack of compassion?
5. What song is Johnny listening to as he walks, in the first strip of Part 3?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)