|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Happy Noodle Boy?
(a) Johnny's alter-ego.
(b) An inanimate object that serves as the voice of reason for Johnny.
(c) Squee's teddy bear.
(d) A character in a comic strip drawn by Johnny.
2. What does Johnny write about himself in his "die-ary", after killing the young woman in Part 2?
(a) He wonders what is wrong with him.
(b) He is too compassionate.
(c) He is ugly on the inside.
(d) He is not meant for this world.
3. Who is Devi?
(a) Johnny's therapist.
(b) Johnny's best friend.
(c) Johnny's love interest.
(d) Johnny's long-lost sister.
4. What is the captive's name, in Part 2?
(a) Edward Vallas.
(b) Edgar Vargas.
(c) Eddie Vandermeer.
(d) Ethan Vasquez.
5. According to Johnny, when is violence, on television or in the media, dangerous?
(a) When those watching it are idiots.
(b) When kids watch it without their parents to put it into context.
(c) When small, impressionable children watch it.
(d) When it is too gory and intense.
6. Why does Johnny believe he has to keep one of his walls wet?
(a) So the monster won't come out.
(b) So that his guests will know not to touch it.
(c) So that no one can see through it.
(d) So that his fingerprints won't show.
7. What does Devi jokingly threaten to do to Johnny, in Part 2?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Burn his house down.
(c) Burn him alive.
(d) Castrate him.
8. What is Johnny searching for in Squee's bathroom?
(a) Hydrogen peroxide.
9. Where is the young couple, at the end of the fourth strip in Part 3?
(a) Having dinner at a restaurant.
(b) Sitting in a cafe, drinking coffee.
(c) Strapped into chairs, in Johnny's house.
(d) At the woman's house, opening their mail.
10. How does Squee's mother react when he tells her he is frightened?
(a) She ignores him and tells him to go see his father.
(b) She tells him to stop worrying and go back to bed.
(c) She screams that she never wanted him.
(d) She doesn't respond because she is asleep.
11. What does Johnny do to the man in the cafe bathroom?
(a) Rubs soap in his eyes and mouth.
(b) Strangles him with toilet paper.
(c) Drowns him in the toilet.
(d) Blows him up.
12. Why is Squee frightened at the beginning of the book?
(a) His father is angry at him.
(b) He hears noises outside his bedroom window.
(c) He is having nightmares.
(d) He thinks there is a monster in his closet.
13. What compliment does Johnny give to the female captive in Part 2?
(a) He tells her she is beautiful.
(b) He tells her that she is very intelligent.
(c) He tells her she is braver than most of his victims.
(d) He tells her that she is a lot like him.
14. How does Johnny feel about most of the things people say when they are begging for their lives?
(a) They are true.
(b) They are nonsensical.
(c) They are lies.
(d) They are revelatory.
15. How does the little boy get the nickname, "Squee"?
(a) He makes this odd sounds when he hiccups or sneezes.
(b) When Johnny asks his name, he is so frightened that all that comes out is a squeak.
(c) His dad called him this, after the noise his mother made when she first saw him.
(d) It was what he used to say when trying to learn how to say his name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the woman in the couple make fun of, in Part 3?
2. What is Johnny's house number?
3. Why does the unknown man in Part 3 get so angry with Squee?
4. What does Johnny ask his captive, at the beginning of Part 2?
5. Where did Johnny meet Devi?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)