|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is strange about Johnny's doorbell?
(a) It has a sign above it saying "Run while you can."
(b) When it is rung, it shocks a victim in the basement who screams.
(c) It shocks the person who rings it.
(d) It automatically locks all of his doors and windows when it's rung.
2. Why do the things his victims say sometimes make Johnny feel uncomfortable?
(a) They make him think about his actions.
(b) They make Johnny feel embarrassed for them.
(c) They sometimes remind Johnny of himself.
(d) They sometimes seem legitimately remorseful.
3. What is ironic about Johnny's house number?
(a) It is the number of the survey taker's house on a different road.
(b) It is the number of heaven.
(c) It is the number of the beast.
(d) It is the number of Johnny's home room in elementary school.
4. Where is the young couple, at the end of the fourth strip in Part 3?
(a) Strapped into chairs, in Johnny's house.
(b) Sitting in a cafe, drinking coffee.
(c) At the woman's house, opening their mail.
(d) Having dinner at a restaurant.
5. What does Nail Bunny tell Johnny about the dough boys, in Part 3?
(a) They are trying to manipulate him.
(b) They are his best friends, and he should trust them.
(c) They are planning to kill him.
(d) They don't understand him the way Nail Bunny does.
6. What is Johnny's house number?
7. What does Johnny decide to do, after his conversation at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) Change his wardrobe.
(b) Make some friends.
(c) Clean up his house.
(d) Go out and try to enjoy things.
8. Who is Johnny's voice of insanity, who drives him further into his illness?
(a) Nail Bunny.
(b) Happy Noodle Boy.
9. What does Johnny stab the surveyor with?
(a) A wooden stake.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A pen.
(d) A pocketknife.
10. What does Devi jokingly threaten to do to Johnny, in Part 2?
(a) Burn him alive.
(b) Burn his house down.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Castrate him.
11. How did Johnny choose his captive in Part 2?
(a) He was widely known as a judgmental and belligerent person.
(b) He didn't have time to search thoroughly and find someone else.
(c) Johnny selected someone at random from the park.
(d) The person had offended Johnny before.
12. What is Johnny's response to Devi's joking threat in Part 2?
(a) He laughs with her.
(b) He is frightened.
(c) He gets quiet and contemplative.
(d) He flies into a rage.
13. Who is the first character to be introduced?
(c) Happy Noodle Boy.
14. What does Johnny do to Squee's teddy bear?
(a) He screams at it and stabs him before handing him back to Squee.
(b) He rips the head off of it.
(c) He talks to him and gives him a hug, then hands him back to Squee.
(d) He attempts to flush him down the toilet.
15. What is Squee's real name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Johnny try to shock himself with a Taser in Part 3?
2. What is the result of Johnny's attempt to kill Devi?
3. What is the subject of the public service announcement in Part 3?
4. Why does Johnny try to kill Devi?
5. Why is Squee frightened at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)