|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Johnny write in his "die-ary" at the end of Part 2?
(a) He stares at the mirror until he is convinced that he can go through, but he always hits the glass.
(b) He thinks that Mr. Eff, Nail Bunny and D-Boy are laughing at him behind his back.
(c) He wonders if anyone will notice what he is doing, and if the world will change because of it.
(d) He wonders where Devi is, what she is doing, and whether she is thinking about him.
2. How does Johnny account for his lack of compassion?
(a) He was simply born that way.
(b) His parents' abuse made him unable to feel much of anything.
(c) He doesn't know why he feels that way.
(d) He can't care for those who mistreat others.
3. How does Squee's father respond when Squee tells him he is frightened?
(a) He reminds Squee that he never wanted him.
(b) He checks Squee's closet, and under his bed, to humor him.
(c) He gives Squee a glass of warm milk and sends him back to bed.
(d) He ignores Squee, and doesn't speak to him at all.
4. What does the man outside the cafe ask Johnny for?
(a) Some change.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) The time.
(d) To borrow his phone.
5. What does Johnny consider doing to avoid the discomfort caused by the things his victims say?
(a) Listening to loud music.
(b) Cutting out their tongues.
(c) Wearing earplugs.
(d) Gagging them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What upsets Johnny even more after he kills the convenience-store clerk?
2. How did Johnny choose his captive in Part 2?
3. What does Johnny decide to do, after his conversation at the beginning of Part 3?
4. What word causes Johnny to go on a rampage in a fast-food restaurant?
5. What does Johnny stab the surveyor with?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)