|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Johnny choose to buy the house he currently lives in?
(a) There were some torture devices already installed.
(b) No one knew him in this area.
(c) There were lots of potential victims here.
(d) He wanted to keep close tabs on Squee.
2. How does Squee's father respond when Squee tells him he is frightened?
(a) He ignores Squee, and doesn't speak to him at all.
(b) He gives Squee a glass of warm milk and sends him back to bed.
(c) He reminds Squee that he never wanted him.
(d) He checks Squee's closet, and under his bed, to humor him.
3. How does Johnny account for his lack of compassion?
(a) His parents' abuse made him unable to feel much of anything.
(b) He doesn't know why he feels that way.
(c) He was simply born that way.
(d) He can't care for those who mistreat others.
4. What does Squee see when he returns to his room from talking to his parents, in Part 1?
(a) His closet door has been ripped off its hinges.
(b) His bedroom window is broken.
(c) His music box has fallen off its shelf.
(d) His sheets have been ripped off the bed.
5. What is ironic about Johnny's house number?
(a) It is the number of the beast.
(b) It is the number of the survey taker's house on a different road.
(c) It is the number of heaven.
(d) It is the number of Johnny's home room in elementary school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the captive's name, in Part 2?
2. How does the little boy get the nickname, "Squee"?
3. How did Johnny choose his captive in Part 2?
4. What does Johnny consider doing to avoid the discomfort caused by the things his victims say?
5. What does Johnny write in his "die-ary" at the end of Part 2?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)