|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Happy Noodle Boy?
(a) A character in a comic strip drawn by Johnny.
(b) Johnny's alter-ego.
(c) An inanimate object that serves as the voice of reason for Johnny.
(d) Squee's teddy bear.
2. How does Squee's mother react when he tells her he is frightened?
(a) She ignores him and tells him to go see his father.
(b) She tells him to stop worrying and go back to bed.
(c) She screams that she never wanted him.
(d) She doesn't respond because she is asleep.
3. Where did Johnny meet Devi?
(a) The convenience store.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The gas station.
(d) The bookstore.
4. The survey taker in Part 1 is asking people in the community for their thoughts on what?
(a) Installing crossing guards at crosswalks for the school children.
(b) Starting a neighborhood watch.
(c) The recent murders in the neighborhood.
(d) Improving the town's infrastructure.
5. How does the little boy get the nickname, "Squee"?
(a) He makes this odd sounds when he hiccups or sneezes.
(b) It was what he used to say when trying to learn how to say his name.
(c) When Johnny asks his name, he is so frightened that all that comes out is a squeak.
(d) His dad called him this, after the noise his mother made when she first saw him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Johnny use when introducing himself?
2. Who is the first character to be introduced?
3. Why is Squee frightened at the beginning of the book?
4. Why is the captive in Part 2 unafraid of death?
5. How does Johnny feel about most of the things people say when they are begging for their lives?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)