|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Johnny think the bug is mocking him, in the second strip of Part 4?
(a) He keeps killing it, and it keeps coming back.
(b) It whispers to him at night.
(c) It tries to foil his plans for his victims.
(d) It is devoid of emotion, as he would like to be.
2. What effect do humans have on the planet, according to the Devil?
(a) They are necessary for the planet's survival.
(b) They create an imbalance between their species and nature.
(c) Their misdeeds leave an invisible residue on the planet.
(d) They created an imbalance between Heaven and Hell by inflating Hell's population.
3. Why did other kids make fun of Johnny when he was little?
(a) He had bad acne.
(b) His parents were poor.
(c) He was too skinny.
(d) His teeth were crooked.
4. What does Johnny want to keep, when he returns from Hell?
(a) The coat he got there.
(b) His new sense of control over his life.
(c) His destructive mental capabilities.
(d) His memories of conversations with God and the Devil.
5. According to the gatekeeper, what is the reason for the condition of the place Johnny goes to in Part 6?
(a) The gatekeeper refuses to tell Johnny why the place looks the way it does.
(b) The residents have nothing better to do, so they clean all day.
(c) There is no time for the residents to clean.
(d) The residents have better things to do than worry about appearances.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Johnny a poor choice, according to the Devil, for his prescribed role on Earth?
2. Why does Johnny attack the convenience-store clerk in Part 2?
3. Why does Johnny need to kill his captive in Part 2, despite the rapport they have built?
4. Where is Johnny, at the beginning of Part 6?
5. Why does Johnny panic and leave the room the first time he is with Devi?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)