|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Johnny want to keep, when he returns from Hell?
(a) His new sense of control over his life.
(b) The coat he got there.
(c) His destructive mental capabilities.
(d) His memories of conversations with God and the Devil.
2. According to Johnny, why couldn't he commit the crime of which the young woman accuses him?
(a) He is a vegetarian.
(b) He has plenty of money, and no need for more.
(c) He spent his whole life trying not to touch anyone, or be touched by anyone.
(d) He rarely leaves home, so he has no opportunity to meet rich widows.
3. How does Johnny account for his lack of compassion?
(a) He can't care for those who mistreat others.
(b) His parents' abuse made him unable to feel much of anything.
(c) He was simply born that way.
(d) He doesn't know why he feels that way.
4. What is the captive's name, in Part 2?
(a) Ethan Vasquez.
(b) Edgar Vargas.
(c) Edward Vallas.
(d) Eddie Vandermeer.
5. How does Johnny kill the convenience store clerk?
(a) With the gun the clerk kept under the counter.
(b) With a letter opener.
(c) With a ball-point pen.
(d) With a popsicle stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the gatekeeper, what is the reason for the condition of the place Johnny goes to in Part 6?
2. Why is the captive in Part 2 unafraid of death?
3. What does the captive, in Part 2, suggest Johnny should do?
4. What does Johnny write about himself in his "die-ary", after killing the young woman in Part 2?
5. What upsets Johnny even more after he kills the convenience-store clerk?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)