|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joe's thought about the question?
(a) He doesn't want to give his name.
(b) He is terrible.
(c) He wants out.
(d) He wants to go home.
2. What does Joe think about his mother reading?
(a) "The Charge of the Light Brigade."
(b) "'Twas the Night Before Christmas."
(c) The tale of Jesus's crucifixion.
(d) An answer to who he is.
3. With whom does Joe sleep every night in his dreams?
(a) Kareen Birkman.
(b) A girl he met in Paris.
(d) One of the night nurses.
4. What does talking to Lucky bring Joe?
(b) A desire for Kareen.
(c) A desire to be a good soldier.
(d) Peace and less loneliness.
5. Why does Joe keep on tapping?
(a) His neck is in a spasm.
(b) He can't stop or think.
(c) He hopes that he will die from exhaustion.
(d) He wants the exercise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe reject as the nurse listens to his tapping?
2. What does Joe believe is about to happen?
3. What does Joe think the hospital wants to do?
4. What does Christ tell the guys about the music they are hearing?
5. What are the guys in the train station that Joe sees playing to pass the time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the prostitute that Joe thinks he loves handle the situation?
2. Why can't Bonham stand the train and what does he do when he sees Christ?
3. What does Joe say every Allied nation expects?
4. What does Joe imagine as he waits for the nurse to return and do you think he is overreacting?
5. Why does Bonham lose track of everything and what does he do?
6. What does Joe think about to try and use his mind?
7. How does Joe think of Kareen and what does he wonder about her?
8. Why does Joe think he's in England?
9. What do you think it means when Joe thinks that two billion people have been pushing the lid of his coffin down and covering him with dirt and stone.
10. Describe Bonnie Flannigan and what does she tell Joe?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)