|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Joe compare himself?
(a) The Pope.
(b) His brother.
(c) No one.
(d) Other circus exhibits.
2. What does Christ tell the guys about the music they are hearing?
(a) It's from the military band.
(b) It's the music of death.
(c) It's a new type of rock and roll.
(d) It's music to heal them.
3. What does Joe realize about patches of skin on his neck and forehead?
(a) Some are uncovered and healthy.
(b) They are scaly.
(c) They itch.
(d) They are beginning to heal.
4. What does Joe think he'll probably do even in his sleep?
(a) Know when the nurse comes in.
(b) Keep seeing the past.
(c) Feel the sunrise.
(d) Keep tapping.
5. What does Joe believe will happen if the new nurse walks away?
(a) Nothing; he'll try again later.
(b) He will never have another chance to communicate.
(c) He will die.
(d) He will be tortured for information.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe decide he needs to offer?
2. What occurs to Joe about vibrations and moving?
3. Why does Joe listening to a hooker feel dumb?
4. What does the day nurse do with Joe?
5. What was the name of the first girl with whom Joe had sex ?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the process of the new nurse attempting to communicate with Joe.
2. What is the response to Joe's offer and Joe's reaction?
3. What happens to Joe in his third year in the hospital?
4. What is Joe's first response to what the nurse communicates to him?
5. Why does Joe think he's in England?
6. Why does Bonham lose track of everything and what does he do?
7. Why does Bonham consider himself a slave and what does he ask God?
8. What does Joe remember about New Year's Eve in Shale City and Los Angeles?
9. What does Joe imagine as he waits for the nurse to return and do you think he is overreacting?
10. What do you think it means when Joe thinks that two billion people have been pushing the lid of his coffin down and covering him with dirt and stone.
This section contains 1,200 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)