|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe think he can count sunrises?
(a) Because of the warming on his skin.
(b) When the doctor comes in and takes his pulse.
(c) When they first feed him after being without.
(d) When a nurse first comes after a long time without.
2. How does he feel about slaves shackled in Roman ships?
(a) He is in the same situation.
(b) He doesn't think about slaves on ships.
(c) He is better off.
(d) They are luckier than he is.
3. What happens the third year Joe is in the hospital?
(a) He begins to hear a little.
(b) They find out who he is.
(c) He is moved to a new room.
(d) His mother is found.
4. Who is afraid for her baby?
(b) The nurse.
(c) Joe's mother.
(d) Joe's grandmother.
5. What would be the advantage of people seeing Joe?
(a) They would believe in God and miracles.
(b) They would know the advances of modern medicines.
(c) It would be educational.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe realize now that he has "trapped" time?
2. What is the doctor's response to Joe's continued tapping?
3. How many times has Flannigan been married?
4. How does Joe feel after the man tells him what he says in question #175?
5. Why do the American boys like Lucky in Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a doctor do when Joe keeps tapping and what does Joe think is the reason why?
2. Why does Bonham consider himself a slave and what does he ask God?
3. What does the nurse think Joe wants at first when Joe starts tapping?
4. Why can't Bonham stand the train and what does he do when he sees Christ?
5. Why does Joe think he's in England?
6. Describe how Joe thinks of the Christmas story his mother used to read.
7. What does Joe say every Allied nation expects?
8. What solution finally comes to Joe about keeping track of time?
9. Describe the process of the new nurse attempting to communicate with Joe.
10. What do you think it means when Joe thinks that two billion people have been pushing the lid of his coffin down and covering him with dirt and stone.
This section contains 1,258 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)