|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe need most?
(a) Someone to love him.
(c) A room with a view.
(d) Room to breathe.
2. Who is afraid for her baby?
(b) The nurse.
(c) Joe's mother.
(d) Joe's grandmother.
3. What does Joe think he'll probably do even in his sleep?
(a) Know when the nurse comes in.
(b) Keep tapping.
(c) Feel the sunrise.
(d) Keep seeing the past.
4. What does Joe realize now that he has "trapped" time?
(a) Dawn can never be taken away from him.
(b) He can count minutes.
(c) He will know sunset too.
(d) He will always know what time it is.
5. At what age does Kareen remain in Joe's mind?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joe decide a particular day is New Year's Day?
2. What does Joe do when he sees Christ in the desert?
3. How many times has Flannigan been married?
4. What does the man tell Joe when the man returns?
5. What is Joe's reaction to the nurse's communication?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the day nurse do with Joe?
2. How does Joe envision his nurses?
3. What obstacle does Joe see in their granting his request and what is his solution?
4. What does Joe say every Allied nation expects?
5. Describe Bonnie Flannigan and what does she tell Joe?
6. What does a doctor do when Joe keeps tapping and what does Joe think is the reason why?
7. Why does Joe think he's in England?
8. What is Joe's first response to what the nurse communicates to him?
9. What did Lucky survive in America and how did she survive it?
10. Why can't Bonham stand the train and what does he do when he sees Christ?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)