|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his fourth year what does Joe feel that is different?
(a) He can feel more of the nurses' hands on him.
(b) He can feel he's outside.
(c) He feels bustling and chattering in his room.
(d) He begins to be able to feel his legs.
2. What would be the advantage of people seeing Joe?
(a) It would be educational.
(b) They would know the advances of modern medicines.
(c) They would believe in God and miracles.
3. Who comes in the room and prods Joe's body?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A new nurse.
(c) A man with a heavy step.
(d) The orderly.
4. Why does Joe keep on tapping?
(a) He hopes that he will die from exhaustion.
(b) He wants the exercise.
(c) His neck is in a spasm.
(d) He can't stop or think.
5. What does Joe think about his mother reading?
(a) An answer to who he is.
(b) "'Twas the Night Before Christmas."
(c) The tale of Jesus's crucifixion.
(d) "The Charge of the Light Brigade."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe do when he realizes he can feel the dawn?
2. What are the guys in the train station that Joe sees playing to pass the time?
3. What occurs to Joe about vibrations and moving?
4. What does Joe decide he needs to offer?
5. What does Joe believe will happen if the new nurse walks away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joe remember about New Year's Eve in Shale City and Los Angeles?
2. What happens to Joe in his third year in the hospital?
3. What does the little guy waiting for the train with Joe say? How does Joe answer him? What do they do then?
4. What does the nurse think Joe wants at first when Joe starts tapping?
5. Why does Joe feel a dread about time and what does he think he needs to do?
6. Why can't Bonham stand the train and what does he do when he sees Christ?
7. What does Joe think about when he can feel dawn?
8. How does Joe think of Kareen and what does he wonder about her?
9. What does Joe think is the key to knowing time and how does he plan to use the key?
10. Describe the process of the new nurse attempting to communicate with Joe.
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)