|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lucky have her son?
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) Long Island.
2. What is the doctor's response to Joe's continued tapping?
(b) A slap.
(c) He ignores Joe.
(d) Reassurance that they will let him go.
3. How does Joe feel about those who hold him?
(a) That they are Satan's messengers.
(b) That they are sadistic.
(c) That they are inhumane.
(d) That they are angels.
4. What is one thing Joe says can be invented as a result of others seeing him?
(a) A better way to let soldiers die with dignity.
(c) New nursery rhymes.
(d) A better prothesis.
5. What does Joe realize now that he has "trapped" time?
(a) He can count minutes.
(b) Dawn can never be taken away from him.
(c) He will always know what time it is.
(d) He will know sunset too.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the day nurse do with Joe?
2. Who comes in the room and prods Joe's body?
3. Why does Joe decide a particular day is New Year's Day?
4. What does Joe realize about patches of skin on his neck and forehead?
5. How does he feel about slaves shackled in Roman ships?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Joe thinks of the Christmas story his mother used to read.
2. What does Joe imagine as he waits for the nurse to return and do you think he is overreacting?
3. What does Joe say every Allied nation expects?
4. Why does Bonham lose track of everything and what does he do?
5. What did Lucky survive in America and how did she survive it?
6. Why does Bonham consider himself a slave and what does he ask God?
7. What does the nurse think Joe wants at first when Joe starts tapping?
8. Describe the process of the new nurse attempting to communicate with Joe.
9. What does Joe think about to try and use his mind?
10. What solution finally comes to Joe about keeping track of time?
This section contains 1,256 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)