|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often do bath and bed changes occur in relationship to nurse's visits?
(a) Every four visits.
(b) Every twelve visits.
(c) He's not sure.
(d) Every ten visits.
2. What did Lucky survive in America?
(a) A tidal wave in Crescent City.
(b) The San Francisco earthquake.
(c) The eruption of St. Helena.
(d) The Chicago fire.
3. What does Joe reject as the nurse listens to his tapping?
(a) A visit from a social worker.
(b) Moving to his hometown.
(c) Anything to do with his care.
(d) A priest.
4. What is one thing Joe says can be invented as a result of others seeing him?
(b) A better way to let soldiers die with dignity.
(c) A better prothesis.
(d) New nursery rhymes.
5. How does he feel about slaves shackled in Roman ships?
(a) He doesn't think about slaves on ships.
(b) They are luckier than he is.
(c) He is in the same situation.
(d) He is better off.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Joe sleep every night in his dreams?
2. Who is afraid for her baby?
3. How does Joe feel after the man who he has been talking to leaves?
4. What does Joe think about his mother reading?
5. Why won't the Scotchman fight the Bavarian?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joe think he's in England?
2. What does Joe think about when he can feel dawn?
3. What does Joe remember about New Year's Eve in Shale City and Los Angeles?
4. How does the prostitute that Joe thinks he loves handle the situation?
5. What is the response to Joe's offer and Joe's reaction?
6. What does the little guy waiting for the train with Joe say? How does Joe answer him? What do they do then?
7. Why does Bonham lose track of everything and what does he do?
8. What does Joe imagine as he waits for the nurse to return and do you think he is overreacting?
9. Why does Bonham consider himself a slave and what does he ask God?
10. What does Joe think is the key to knowing time and how does he plan to use the key?
This section contains 1,154 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)