|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does he feel about slaves shackled in Roman ships?
(a) They are luckier than he is.
(b) He doesn't think about slaves on ships.
(c) He is better off.
(d) He is in the same situation.
2. What is it that is coming for Joe as he leaves Paris?
(a) A German bomb.
(b) Two pairs of new pants.
(c) A birthday cake.
(d) A letter from Kareen.
3. Why does Joe say Americans are different from Frenchmen or Englishmen?
(a) They love better.
(b) They laugh more.
(c) They are more sensitive to others.
(d) They are friends.
4. What does Joe think about his teachers?
(a) He wonders what they would think of him now.
(b) They never taught him anything.
(c) He remembers they thought he was dumb.
(d) He learned a lot from them.
5. What does Laurette give Joe for a graduation present?
(a) A ring.
(b) A pair of gold cuff links.
(c) A silk tie.
(d) A plush bathrobe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does talking to Lucky bring Joe?
2. What occurs to Joe about vibrations and moving?
3. How does Joe feel after the man tells him what he says in question #175?
4. On what side of the hospital is Joe's room?
5. Joe loses track of everything but what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joe think about to try and use his mind?
2. Why can't Bonham stand the train and what does he do when he sees Christ?
3. What did Lucky survive in America and how did she survive it?
4. What is Joe's first response to what the nurse communicates to him?
5. What does Bonham realize he wants?
6. What does the nurse think Joe wants at first when Joe starts tapping?
7. What do you think it means when Joe thinks that two billion people have been pushing the lid of his coffin down and covering him with dirt and stone.
8. What does Joe say every Allied nation expects?
9. What is the response to Joe's offer and Joe's reaction?
10. What does a doctor do when Joe keeps tapping and what does Joe think is the reason why?
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)