|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes in with the nurse?
(a) A man who knows Morse Code.
(b) A priest.
(c) A doctor.
(d) Another nurse.
2. Why won't the Scotchman fight the Bavarian?
(a) He thinks their crown prince is the rightful king of England.
(b) His father is Bavarian.
(c) He is related to the Bavarian crown prince.
(d) His mother is Bavarian.
3. What does Joe do when he realizes he has a number of visitors?
(a) Gets very quiet and calm.
(b) Jerks his head around to dislodge his mask.
(c) Starts to rock his body.
(d) Spits at them.
4. How does Joe feel about those who hold him?
(a) That they are angels.
(b) That they are sadistic.
(c) That they are inhumane.
(d) That they are Satan's messengers.
5. On what side of the hospital is Joe's room?
(a) He doesn't know.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Kareen remain in Joe's mind?
2. Why do the American boys like Lucky in Paris?
3. In Joe's dream what can Jesus do?
4. What does Joe do when he realizes he can feel the dawn?
5. How does Joe think he can count sunrises?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bonham's initial thought when asked what he wants and why do you think this is so?
2. What does Joe say every Allied nation expects?
3. What is the response to Joe's offer and Joe's reaction?
4. What does Joe think about to try and use his mind?
5. What does the nurse think Joe wants at first when Joe starts tapping?
6. What is Joe's first response to what the nurse communicates to him?
7. Why does Bonham consider himself a slave and what does he ask God?
8. Why can't Bonham stand the train and what does he do when he sees Christ?
9. How does the prostitute that Joe thinks he loves handle the situation?
10. Why does Joe think he's in England?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)