|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what side of the hospital is Joe's room?
(c) He doesn't know.
2. What is one thing Joe says can be invented as a result of others seeing him?
(a) New nursery rhymes.
(b) A better way to let soldiers die with dignity.
(c) A better prothesis.
3. What does Christ tell the guys about the music they are hearing?
(a) It's a new type of rock and roll.
(b) It's the music of death.
(c) It's music to heal them.
(d) It's from the military band.
4. How does Joe feel about those who hold him?
(a) That they are inhumane.
(b) That they are sadistic.
(c) That they are angels.
(d) That they are Satan's messengers.
5. How does Joe feel after the man who he has been talking to leaves?
(c) Full of misgivings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joe keep on tapping?
2. What does Joe think is the key to figuring out time?
3. How does he feel about slaves shackled in Roman ships?
4. What does Joe do when he realizes he has a number of visitors?
5. What is it that is coming for Joe as he leaves Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lucky survive in America and how did she survive it?
2. What does a doctor do when Joe keeps tapping and what does Joe think is the reason why?
3. Why does Joe feel a dread about time and what does he think he needs to do?
4. Why does Bonham lose track of everything and what does he do?
5. What is Bonham's initial thought when asked what he wants and why do you think this is so?
6. Why does Bonham consider himself a slave and what does he ask God?
7. Describe Bonnie Flannigan and what does she tell Joe?
8. What obstacle does Joe see in their granting his request and what is his solution?
9. What do you think it means when Joe thinks that two billion people have been pushing the lid of his coffin down and covering him with dirt and stone.
10. What does the little guy waiting for the train with Joe say? How does Joe answer him? What do they do then?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)