|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the visitors leave with Joe?
(b) A medal.
(c) A new face mask.
(d) Some get well cards.
2. What do the Americans wish they were drinking?
(a) Soda pop.
(b) Corn whiskey.
(c) American beer.
3. How does Joe think he can count sunrises?
(a) When the doctor comes in and takes his pulse.
(b) When they first feed him after being without.
(c) Because of the warming on his skin.
(d) When a nurse first comes after a long time without.
4. What does Joe think is the key to figuring out time?
(a) The nurses' visits.
(b) Asking for a Braille watch.
(c) Asking for a clock that vibrates as it ticks.
(d) Figuring up how many times he goes to sleep.
5. What does Joe think about his teachers?
(a) He wonders what they would think of him now.
(b) He remembers they thought he was dumb.
(c) He learned a lot from them.
(d) They never taught him anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joe listening to a hooker feel dumb?
2. How does he feel about slaves shackled in Roman ships?
3. How many times has Flannigan been married?
4. How does Joe feel after the man tells him what he says in question #175?
5. What does Joe think the hospital wants to do?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)