|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe feel after the man who he has been talking to leaves?
(d) Full of misgivings.
2. What does the man tell Joe when the man returns?
(a) It is being arranged right now.
(b) That is a great idea.
(c) It is against regulations.
(d) The authorities will give it some thought.
3. Where does Lucky have her son?
(b) Long Island.
(c) Washington D.C.
4. What does Joe need most?
(a) A room with a view.
(b) Room to breathe.
(c) Someone to love him.
5. In Joe's dream what can Jesus do?
(a) Serve brandy.
(b) Anything but hit a twelve.
(d) Restore Joe's arms and legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe realize about why they respond to what he is saying?
2. Why does Joe keep on tapping?
3. What does Joe ask of God?
4. What do the Americans wish they were drinking?
5. Why does Joe listening to a hooker feel dumb?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joe think about to try and use his mind?
2. What did Lucky survive in America and how did she survive it?
3. What does the nurse think Joe wants at first when Joe starts tapping?
4. Describe the process of the new nurse attempting to communicate with Joe.
5. What is the response to Joe's offer and Joe's reaction?
6. How does the prostitute that Joe thinks he loves handle the situation?
7. What does a doctor do when Joe keeps tapping and what does Joe think is the reason why?
8. What does Joe imagine as he waits for the nurse to return and do you think he is overreacting?
9. What does Joe say every Allied nation expects?
10. What is Joe's first response to what the nurse communicates to him?
This section contains 1,181 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)