|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe believe is about to happen?
(b) Being sent home.
(c) A throng of people coming to rejoice with him.
(d) Being moved to an insane asylum.
2. What does Joe think he'll probably do even in his sleep?
(a) Keep tapping.
(b) Know when the nurse comes in.
(c) Feel the sunrise.
(d) Keep seeing the past.
3. What does Joe imagine the day nurse to look like?
(a) Medium height, blond and older.
(b) Large, dark haired and young.
(c) Middle-aged, gray-haired, and large.
(d) Small and young.
4. How does Joe first start trying to keep track of time?
(a) Counting seconds.
(b) Counting hours.
(c) Counting minutes.
(d) Counting the number of times the door opens.
5. Why doesn't Joe see Laurette after graduation?
(a) He has decided to wait for marriage.
(b) She is on vacation and his family moves.
(c) He has fallen in love with Diane.
(d) She doesn't want to see him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first question asked of Joe?
2. What does the day nurse do that brings Joe pleasure?
3. Who is afraid for her baby?
4. How does he feel about slaves shackled in Roman ships?
5. Where does Joe say they can take him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the response to Joe's offer and Joe's reaction?
2. What does Joe think about to try and use his mind?
3. Describe Bonnie Flannigan and what does she tell Joe?
4. What does Joe say every Allied nation expects?
5. What is Joe's first response to what the nurse communicates to him?
6. What does the day nurse do with Joe?
7. What happens to Joe in his third year in the hospital?
8. What does Joe imagine as he waits for the nurse to return and do you think he is overreacting?
9. How does Joe think of Kareen and what does he wonder about her?
10. Why does Joe feel a dread about time and what does he think he needs to do?
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)