|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't the Scotchman fight the Bavarian?
(a) He is related to the Bavarian crown prince.
(b) His mother is Bavarian.
(c) He thinks their crown prince is the rightful king of England.
(d) His father is Bavarian.
2. What does Joe think is the key to figuring out time?
(a) Asking for a Braille watch.
(b) Figuring up how many times he goes to sleep.
(c) Asking for a clock that vibrates as it ticks.
(d) The nurses' visits.
3. How does Joe feel after the man who he has been talking to leaves?
(c) Full of misgivings.
4. What does Joe realize about patches of skin on his neck and forehead?
(a) Some are uncovered and healthy.
(b) They are beginning to heal.
(c) They itch.
(d) They are scaly.
5. What does Joe need most?
(b) Room to breathe.
(c) Someone to love him.
(d) A room with a view.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joe think he might be in an English hospital?
2. What does Joe do when he realizes he can feel the dawn?
3. Why does Joe decide a particular day is New Year's Day?
4. What does Christ tell the guys about the music they are hearing?
5. What was the name of the first girl with whom Joe had sex ?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joe think is the key to knowing time and how does he plan to use the key?
2. What does Joe imagine as he waits for the nurse to return and do you think he is overreacting?
3. Why can't Bonham stand the train and what does he do when he sees Christ?
4. What do you think it means when Joe thinks that two billion people have been pushing the lid of his coffin down and covering him with dirt and stone.
5. What does Joe think about to try and use his mind?
6. Why does Joe think he's in England?
7. Describe how Joe thinks of the Christmas story his mother used to read.
8. What is Bonham's initial thought when asked what he wants and why do you think this is so?
9. What does Joe remember about New Year's Eve in Shale City and Los Angeles?
10. Why does Bonham consider himself a slave and what does he ask God?
This section contains 1,310 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)