|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the American boys like Lucky in Paris?
(a) She is sexy.
(b) She reminds them of American fun.
(c) She always has time for them.
(d) She is a great prostitute.
2. What does Joe realize about why they respond to what he is saying?
(a) They are afraid men will refuse to fight anymore.
(b) They think he is insane.
(c) They think he needs more time to recover.
(d) They do not care.
3. How does Joe think he can count sunrises?
(a) When they first feed him after being without.
(b) Because of the warming on his skin.
(c) When a nurse first comes after a long time without.
(d) When the doctor comes in and takes his pulse.
4. What does Joe think he'll probably do even in his sleep?
(a) Know when the nurse comes in.
(b) Keep tapping.
(c) Feel the sunrise.
(d) Keep seeing the past.
5. How does Joe feel about those who hold him?
(a) That they are sadistic.
(b) That they are inhumane.
(c) That they are angels.
(d) That they are Satan's messengers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lucky survive in America?
2. What is Joe's reaction to the nurse's communication?
3. What does Bonham sense as this chapter opens?
4. What do the visitors leave with Joe?
5. What does Joe think about his mother reading?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joe think about when he can feel dawn?
2. What is Joe's first response to what the nurse communicates to him?
3. Describe how Joe thinks of the Christmas story his mother used to read.
4. Why does Bonham consider himself a slave and what does he ask God?
5. How does the prostitute that Joe thinks he loves handle the situation?
6. What does Joe remember about New Year's Eve in Shale City and Los Angeles?
7. What does Bonham realize he wants?
8. Why does Joe feel a dread about time and what does he think he needs to do?
9. How does Joe envision his nurses?
10. What is the response to Joe's offer and Joe's reaction?
This section contains 1,420 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)