|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe realize about patches of skin on his neck and forehead?
(a) They are scaly.
(b) Some are uncovered and healthy.
(c) They itch.
(d) They are beginning to heal.
2. Why doesn't Joe see Laurette after graduation?
(a) He has decided to wait for marriage.
(b) She is on vacation and his family moves.
(c) She doesn't want to see him.
(d) He has fallen in love with Diane.
3. Why does Joe decide a particular day is New Year's Day?
(a) He just felt like having a holiday.
(b) He has had 4765 baths.
(c) He feels fireworks.
(d) He has counted 365 days.
4. How does Joe feel when the nurse leaves the room?
5. What does Joe decide he needs to offer?
(a) Permission for them to kill him.
(b) An idea of how it is to suffer wounds they way he has.
(d) A means of paying for his own upkeep.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Joe worry?
2. What does Christ tell the guys about the music they are hearing?
3. What does Joe feel as the man prods him?
4. How many times has Flannigan been married?
5. How does Joe first start trying to keep track of time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joe feel a dread about time and what does he think he needs to do?
2. What is the response to Joe's offer and Joe's reaction?
3. How does Joe envision his nurses?
4. What does the little guy waiting for the train with Joe say? How does Joe answer him? What do they do then?
5. What happens to Joe in his third year in the hospital?
6. What does the nurse think Joe wants at first when Joe starts tapping?
7. How does Joe think of Kareen and what does he wonder about her?
8. Describe the process of the new nurse attempting to communicate with Joe.
9. What did Lucky survive in America and how did she survive it?
10. Why can't Bonham stand the train and what does he do when he sees Christ?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)