|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Bonnie Flannigan say hello to Joe?
(a) She thinks he's good looking.
(b) She's looking for customers.
(c) She mistook him for somone else.
(d) She recognized him from Shale City.
2. What does Joe decide he needs to offer?
(b) An idea of how it is to suffer wounds they way he has.
(c) Permission for them to kill him.
(d) A means of paying for his own upkeep.
3. What do the Americans wish they were drinking?
(b) American beer.
(c) Soda pop.
(d) Corn whiskey.
4. How long does Joe think he's been unaware of time?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three years.
(c) He doesn't know.
(d) One year.
5. What does Joe compare himself to now, in the hospital?
(a) A corpse.
(b) A medical miracle.
(c) An angel.
(d) A prisoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe assume when he feels the nurse's hand for the fifth time?
2. How does he name the days of the week and months?
3. What does Joe realize about patches of skin on his neck and forehead?
4. What does Joe realize now that he has "trapped" time?
5. Why do the American boys like Lucky in Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bonham's initial thought when asked what he wants and why do you think this is so?
2. What did Lucky survive in America and how did she survive it?
3. What does a doctor do when Joe keeps tapping and what does Joe think is the reason why?
4. What is the response to Joe's offer and Joe's reaction?
5. What happens to Joe in his third year in the hospital?
6. What does the nurse think Joe wants at first when Joe starts tapping?
7. How does Joe envision his nurses?
8. What does Joe think is the key to knowing time and how does he plan to use the key?
9. What does the day nurse do with Joe?
10. Describe the process of the new nurse attempting to communicate with Joe.
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)