|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the new nurse writing on Joe's chest?
(a) Merry Christmas.
(b) Who are you.
(c) The war is over.
(d) Happy Easter.
2. What does Joe do when he realizes he can feel the dawn?
(a) He relaxes and sings in his mind.
(b) He feels sad he can't see it.
(c) He starts to count minutes.
(d) He flips over.
3. Who is afraid for her baby?
(a) The nurse.
(b) Joe's grandmother.
(d) Joe's mother.
4. Why do the American boys like Lucky in Paris?
(a) She always has time for them.
(b) She is sexy.
(c) She is a great prostitute.
(d) She reminds them of American fun.
5. On what side of the hospital is Joe's room?
(c) He doesn't know.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is everyone in Bethlehem in the story Joe's mother reads?
2. What do Joe and Flannigan often do together?
3. What would be the advantage of people seeing Joe?
4. What does the day nurse do that brings Joe pleasure?
5. What does Joe realize about patches of skin on his neck and forehead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the response to Joe's offer and Joe's reaction?
2. What does the day nurse do with Joe?
3. Why does Bonham lose track of everything and what does he do?
4. Why does Joe think he's in England?
5. What does the little guy waiting for the train with Joe say? How does Joe answer him? What do they do then?
6. Describe the process of the new nurse attempting to communicate with Joe.
7. What solution finally comes to Joe about keeping track of time?
8. How does Joe envision his nurses?
9. What did Lucky survive in America and how did she survive it?
10. What does Joe think about to try and use his mind?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)