|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what side of the hospital is Joe's room?
(d) He doesn't know.
2. What does Christ tell the guys about the music they are hearing?
(a) It's music to heal them.
(b) It's from the military band.
(c) It's the music of death.
(d) It's a new type of rock and roll.
3. What is the doctor's response to Joe's continued tapping?
(a) Reassurance that they will let him go.
(b) He ignores Joe.
(c) A slap.
4. What does Joe realize about why they respond to what he is saying?
(a) They do not care.
(b) They think he is insane.
(c) They think he needs more time to recover.
(d) They are afraid men will refuse to fight anymore.
5. To whom does Joe compare himself?
(a) No one.
(b) The Pope.
(c) Other circus exhibits.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Joe and Flannigan often do together?
2. How many times has Flannigan been married?
3. What does Joe believe will happen if the new nurse walks away?
4. What are the guys in the train station that Joe sees playing to pass the time?
5. How long does Joe think he's been unaware of time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the response to Joe's offer and Joe's reaction?
2. Describe the process of the new nurse attempting to communicate with Joe.
3. Why does Joe think he's in England?
4. What does Joe think about to try and use his mind?
5. What obstacle does Joe see in their granting his request and what is his solution?
6. What is Bonham's initial thought when asked what he wants and why do you think this is so?
7. What does Bonham realize he wants?
8. How does Joe envision his nurses?
9. What solution finally comes to Joe about keeping track of time?
10. Describe Bonnie Flannigan and what does she tell Joe?
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)