|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Joe tries to yell?
(a) He realizes he has no mouth.
(b) His larynx is gone.
(c) He has no tongue.
(d) He has a sore throat.
2. What do the doctors consider Joe to be?
(a) They don't think about him at all.
(b) An interesting problem.
(c) Another casuality of war.
(d) A thinking person.
3. What does Joe think you die for in war?
(d) Your woman.
4. In what month is Joe's birthday?
5. What skill do Joe and his friends master?
(a) Hunting deer and elk.
(b) Smoking cigarettes with style.
(c) Asking a girl on a date.
(d) Dancing with the girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does his girlfriend's father tell him to do the night before he leaves?
2. Where did Joe and his friends swim in Colorado?
3. What kind of flowers do the kids gather for May Day?
4. What does Glen Hogan give Joe for his birthday one year?
5. Why does Bonham think he is dying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joe think guys should do when called up for the military?
2. What idea does Pinky Carson come up with for Jose and how does that work out?
3. Why does Joe wish someone would pick up the phone and what happens when they do?
4. What does Joe see on the way home from the train station?
5. How far does Joe walk to get to the bakery and how much money does he make?
6. What does Joe think about doctors and war?
7. Why doesn't Joe worry about loss of appetite?
8. Who is the pilot who comes to Joe's hometown, what does he do and what does the superintendent of schools say about airplanes?
9. What doesn't Joe understand about being alive?
10. What are the two problems Jose talks to the guys at the bakery about?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)