|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joe would think he was dead except why?
(a) He is thinking and curious.
(b) He can't see anyone else.
(c) He can feel his breathing.
(d) He shouldn't go to hell and where he is must be hell.
2. What did the doctors use to put in a window of a guy who had his stomach blown away?
(a) A graft from his brother.
(b) Cadaver skin.
(c) Pig's skin.
3. What does his girlfriend's father do in the morning on his departure day?
(a) Gives him his old army jacket.
(b) Makes him breakfast.
(c) Gives him a haircut.
(d) Takes him to a restaurant.
4. With what does Joe compare his situation right now?
(a) Losing his best friend.
(b) Being back in the womb.
(c) Being stuck in bed with a broken leg.
(d) When his father died.
5. How many days has Joe been sick in his life?
(a) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he wants to kill himself by not breathing what does he find out?
2. What does Joe think about the fact that they cut off his arm?
3. What is happening in Joe's mind as he lays in bed?
4. What does Joe think about his head as he lays in the bed?
5. Why does Joe Bonham wish someone would pick up the phone?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joe come to know he has no face?
2. Why does Howie wake Joe up after working all day on the railroad?
3. What doesn't Joe understand about being alive?
4. What does Joe think about doctors and war?
5. What book did Joe read that gave him a nightmare and what was that nightmare?
6. What does Joe think about guys fighting for liberty?
7. How does Joe realize he has no left arm and how does he feel about it?
8. Who is the pilot who comes to Joe's hometown, what does he do and what does the superintendent of schools say about airplanes?
9. How does Joe think he might be able to tell being awake and asleep with no eyes?
10. When is Joe's birthday; how did they celebrate; and what present did Glen give him one year? What came a few months after that present?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)