|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does his girlfriend's father do in the morning on his departure day?
(a) Makes him breakfast.
(b) Gives him his old army jacket.
(c) Gives him a haircut.
(d) Takes him to a restaurant.
2. What does Joe decide when he figures out he's deaf?
(a) He can get a hearing aid.
(b) He won't have to listen to his wife nag.
(c) He can learn to read lips.
(d) He didn't like music anyway.
3. Where did Joe and his friends swim in Colorado?
(a) In a big ditch.
(b) At a lake.
(c) In the river.
(d) A a swimming hole.
4. How does Joe figure out that he is deaf?
(a) He can't hear his mother.
(b) He can's hear any music.
(c) He can't hear the doctors.
(d) He can't hear his pulse.
5. Why does Joe Bonham wish someone would pick up the phone?
(a) He is expecting a call.
(b) He hates the tone the phone makes.
(c) He has a terrible headache.
(d) He hates phones on general principle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe do when Harper tells him Diane went out with Hogan?
2. After he finds out he has no mouth, teeth or palate what does he realize?
3. What did Joe's father ask him when he arrives at home?
4. Where did Joe and his father go camping when he was young?
5. Joe would think he was dead except why?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joe say every Allied nation expects?
2. Where does Joe see Jose while he's lying in bed, what does he ask him and what does Joe figure out?
3. What does the little guy waiting for the train with Joe say? How does Joe answer him? What do they do then?
4. How does Joe think of Kareen and what does he wonder about her?
5. What does Joe think about guys fighting for liberty?
6. Why does Joe think being the way he is is worse than being in the womb?
7. When did Joe become aware of the war and what events in the war occurred at that time?
8. How does the prostitute that Joe thinks he loves handle the situation?
9. What does Joe remember about New Year's Eve in Shale City and Los Angeles?
10. Why does Bonham consider himself a slave and what does he ask God?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)