|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe feel under all of his bandages?
(a) Feeling a burning sensation.
2. What is happening in Joe's mind as he lays in bed?
(a) All his memories are melting together.
(b) He hasn't got enough of a mind to think.
(c) He is still in the foxhole.
(d) He thinks about when he's going to leave the hospital.
3. What does Joe realize that he can't tell the difference between?
(a) Night and day.
(b) Hot and cold.
(c) Pain and feeling good.
(d) Dreaming and being awake.
4. What does Joe think he has to do first in order to kill himself?
(a) Make friends with the nurse.
(b) Get a hold of a gun.
(c) Flip over.
(d) Learn to communicate.
5. What does Glen Hogan give Joe for his birthday one year?
(a) A blue tie.
(b) A new pocket knife.
(c) A leather jacket.
(d) Brown silk socks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Howie wake Joe up when they have gone to bed for the night?
2. Why does Joe think he may be lucky not having a nose?
3. What does Joe want the nurses to do so he doesn't feel like he's drowning?
4. How does Joe feel when the nurse is washing him?
5. What does Joe finally do after thinking about a lottery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joe think about to try and use his mind?
2. What does Joe remember about New Year's Eve in Shale City and Los Angeles?
3. What does the little guy waiting for the train with Joe say? How does Joe answer him? What do they do then?
4. Why does Joe feel a dread about time and what does he think he needs to do?
5. What does a doctor do when Joe keeps tapping and what does Joe think is the reason why?
6. What does Joe think about when he can feel dawn?
7. Where does Joe see Jose while he's lying in bed, what does he ask him and what does Joe figure out?
8. Why does Bonham consider himself a slave and what does he ask God?
9. What did Lucky survive in America and how did she survive it?
10. Why does Joe wish someone would pick up the phone and what happens when they do?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)