|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe feel under all of his bandages?
(c) Feeling a burning sensation.
2. How does Joe feel about the war?
(a) He doesn't think it has anything to do with him.
(b) He doesn't have an opinion.
(c) He's ready to go.
(d) He thinks it will be interesting.
3. What does Glen Hogan give Joe for his birthday one year?
(a) A blue tie.
(b) Brown silk socks.
(c) A new pocket knife.
(d) A leather jacket.
4. Why does Joe not understand how he is alive?
(a) He has always been lucky.
(b) So many people die of such small things.
(c) He didn't think medicine was so far advanced.
(d) He was in a foxhole away from medical help.
5. What is the biggest event of the year in Joe's hometown?
(a) The County Fair.
(b) The harvest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Joe and his father go camping when he was young?
2. What happens when Joe tries to yell?
3. What minor injury does Joe think about?
4. In what month is Joe's birthday?
5. What does Joe go to the store for on Saturdays?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joe think he might be able to tell being awake and asleep with no eyes?
2. How does Joe come to know he has no face?
3. How far does Joe walk to get to the bakery and how much money does he make?
4. What book did Joe read that gave him a nightmare and what was that nightmare?
5. Where does Joe see Jose while he's lying in bed, what does he ask him and what does Joe figure out?
6. Who does Joe call out to in his nightmare and why?
7. Describe how Joe is feeling while working in the desert.
8. When did Joe become aware of the war and what events in the war occurred at that time?
9. Why does Howie wake Joe up after working all day on the railroad?
10. How does Joe feel about the nurse bathing him?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)