|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joe thinks a lot of guys go to war because of this.
(a) To see another country.
(c) To get away from a wife.
(d) Getting to kill.
2. What does Joe think you die for in war?
(a) Your woman.
3. What did Joe hear about Harper and his fortunes in the war?
(a) He was injured and sent home.
(b) He was made a captain.
(c) He was never drafted.
(d) He was killed.
4. How many days has Joe been sick in his life?
(c) Three times.
5. What does Joe want to do most as he is lying in bed injured?
(a) To die.
(b) To get up and walk.
(c) To hear someone talk.
(d) To go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe do when Harper tells him Diane went out with Hogan?
2. What is Joe trying to stop?
3. What type of musical instrument does Joe's mother play?
4. What does Joe do when he finally realizes the full extent of his injuries?
5. Joe would think he was dead except why?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Joe call out to in his nightmare and why?
2. What does Joe think about guys fighting for liberty?
3. What does Joe think guys should do when called up for the military?
4. What idea does Pinky Carson come up with for Jose and how does that work out?
5. Why does Howie wake Joe up after working all day on the railroad?
6. Describe the scene at Joe's parents house when he arrives home after his father died.
7. Why doesn't Joe worry about loss of appetite?
8. What does Joe want to stop and why?
9. How does Joe come to know he has no face?
10. As Joe's pain fades some what does he think about and how does he feel about being deaf?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)