|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some of the soldiers in France do that are too scared to talk?
(a) Act like dogs.
(b) Talk like a two year old.
(c) Scream all night.
(d) Go catatonic.
2. What is Jose's ethnic background?
(b) Puerto Rican.
3. What famous person flies into Joe's hometown one day?
(a) Charles Lindbergh.
(b) Daredevil pilot Lincoln Beechy.
(c) David Grintings.
(d) Amelia Earhart.
4. Why won't the doctors kill Joe now?
(a) It's against Army regulations.
(b) They put too much work into him.
(c) They need him.
(d) It would be murder.
5. What does his girlfriend's father do in the morning on his departure day?
(a) Gives him a haircut.
(b) Makes him breakfast.
(c) Gives him his old army jacket.
(d) Takes him to a restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the first snowfall usually happen where Joe grew up?
2. Why does Joe Bonham wish someone would pick up the phone?
3. What does Joe realize that he can't tell the difference between?
4. When does Joe become aware of the war?
5. What minor injury does Joe think about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joe think being the way he is is worse than being in the womb?
2. Why doesn't Joe worry about loss of appetite?
3. What doesn't Joe understand about being alive?
4. What does Joe think when he thinks of his family and what does he see as the reality?
5. What book did Joe read that gave him a nightmare and what was that nightmare?
6. Why does he worry about a ring? What kind of ring is it and who gave it to him?
7. How does Joe realize he has no left arm and how does he feel about it?
8. What does Joe think about guys fighting for liberty?
9. What does Joe want to stop and why?
10. What are the two problems Jose talks to the guys at the bakery about?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)