|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some of the soldiers in France do that are too scared to talk?
(a) Act like dogs.
(b) Scream all night.
(c) Talk like a two year old.
(d) Go catatonic.
2. What does Joe want the nurses to do so he doesn't feel like he's drowning?
(a) To lay him out flat.
(b) To put him in a chair.
(c) To prop him up.
(d) To wipe the sweat off his face.
3. What does Glen Hogan give Joe for his birthday one year?
(a) A blue tie.
(b) A leather jacket.
(c) Brown silk socks.
(d) A new pocket knife.
4. What does Joe feel under all of his bandages?
(d) Feeling a burning sensation.
5. In what month is Joe's birthday?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joe hear about Harper and his fortunes in the war?
2. What does Joe realize when he tries to kick the blankets off?
3. Why doesn't Joe worry about lack of appetite?
4. What is Jose's ethnic background?
5. Why does Howie wake Joe up when they have gone to bed for the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joe wish someone would pick up the phone and what happens when they do?
2. What happens to Joe in his third year in the hospital?
3. What did Lucky survive in America and how did she survive it?
4. What does Joe want to stop and why?
5. What does Joe think about guys fighting for liberty?
6. How does Joe feel about the nurse bathing him?
7. What does the day nurse do with Joe?
8. What does Bonham realize he wants?
9. Why can't Bonham stand the train and what does he do when he sees Christ?
10. Why does Joe think being the way he is is worse than being in the womb?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)