|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Joe worry about lack of appetite?
(a) He wants to die anyway.
(b) They pump food in his stomach.
(c) He doesn't like army food.
(d) He wanted to lose weight.
2. How does Joe finally get fired?
(a) He asks the boss's daughter out.
(b) He burns up a thousand hot cross buns.
(c) He pushes over a cart of blueberry pies.
(d) He slaps the boss.
3. What does Joe ask Kareen in his dream?
(a) To come find him.
(b) To marry him.
(c) To hold her head up so she won't drown.
(d) To have a child with him.
4. What does Joe find out when someone finally answers the phone?
(a) His younger sister is gone.
(b) His girlfriend is in the hospital.
(c) His father has died.
(d) His mother has died.
5. What does Joe finally realize towards the end of Chapter 3?
(a) He has lost his mother's letter.
(b) He is in America.
(c) He can't move his legs.
(d) He has lost both arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joe Bonham wish someone would pick up the phone?
2. What type of musical instrument does Joe's mother play?
3. What does Joe decide when he first figures out he has no arms?
4. Why does Joe think he is masked?
5. When does the first snowfall usually happen where Joe grew up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joe think guys should do when called up for the military?
2. Why does Joe think being the way he is is worse than being in the womb?
3. When did Joe become aware of the war and what events in the war occurred at that time?
4. How does Joe realize he has no left arm and how does he feel about it?
5. What does Joe think about doctors and war?
6. Why doesn't Joe worry about loss of appetite?
7. What does Joe think when he thinks of his family and what does he see as the reality?
8. As Joe's pain fades some what does he think about and how does he feel about being deaf?
9. Why does Howie wake Joe up after working all day on the railroad?
10. What book did Joe read that gave him a nightmare and what was that nightmare?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)