|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of musical instrument does Joe's mother play?
2. What does Joe think is crawling on him?
(a) A cockroach.
(b) A snake.
(c) A mosquito.
(d) A trench rat.
3. Why won't the doctors kill Joe now?
(a) They put too much work into him.
(b) They need him.
(c) It would be murder.
(d) It's against Army regulations.
4. What does Joe realize when he tries to kick the blankets off?
(a) He is strapped down.
(b) They are tucked under the mattress.
(c) There are no blankets on him.
(d) He's lost his legs too.
5. What does Joe want to do most as he is lying in bed injured?
(a) To hear someone talk.
(b) To die.
(c) To get up and walk.
(d) To go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jose want to know from the rest of the workers at the bakery?
2. When does the first snowfall usually happen where Joe grew up?
3. Joe would think he was dead except why?
4. What famous person flies into Joe's hometown one day?
5. Why does Joe think he may be lucky not having a nose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two problems Jose talks to the guys at the bakery about?
2. What does Joe think about guys fighting for liberty?
3. What idea does Pinky Carson come up with for Jose and how does that work out?
4. How does Joe realize he has no left arm and how does he feel about it?
5. Who is the pilot who comes to Joe's hometown, what does he do and what does the superintendent of schools say about airplanes?
6. Why does Joe wish someone would pick up the phone and what happens when they do?
7. Why does he worry about a ring? What kind of ring is it and who gave it to him?
8. Where does Joe see Jose while he's lying in bed, what does he ask him and what does Joe figure out?
9. What does Joe want to stop and why?
10. Describe the scene at the rail station when Joe is leaving for the army.
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)