|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe finally realize towards the end of Chapter 3?
(a) He is in America.
(b) He can't move his legs.
(c) He has lost both arms.
(d) He has lost his mother's letter.
2. Why does Joe think he may be lucky not having a nose?
(a) So he can't smell himself.
(b) So it doesn't look funny with no mouth.
(c) So he can't breath.
(d) He always thought his nose was too big.
3. What does Joe think he has to do first in order to kill himself?
(a) Flip over.
(b) Learn to communicate.
(c) Get a hold of a gun.
(d) Make friends with the nurse.
4. What does Joe want the nurses to do so he doesn't feel like he's drowning?
(a) To prop him up.
(b) To put him in a chair.
(c) To wipe the sweat off his face.
(d) To lay him out flat.
5. What does Joe ask Kareen in his dream?
(a) To hold her head up so she won't drown.
(b) To have a child with him.
(c) To come find him.
(d) To marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joe feel when the nurse is washing him?
2. What does Joe think is crawling on him?
3. How does Joe know time has passed?
4. Why doesn't Joe worry about lack of appetite?
5. Why does Joe think he is masked?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joe think about doctors and war?
2. What does Joe think about guys fighting for liberty?
3. What idea does Pinky Carson come up with for Jose and how does that work out?
4. How far does Joe walk to get to the bakery and how much money does he make?
5. How does Joe come to know he has no face?
6. Describe the scene at the rail station when Joe is leaving for the army.
7. Where does Joe see Jose while he's lying in bed, what does he ask him and what does Joe figure out?
8. Why does he worry about a ring? What kind of ring is it and who gave it to him?
9. What doesn't Joe understand about being alive?
10. Describe the scene at Joe's parents house when he arrives home after his father died.
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)