|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of musical instrument does Joe's mother play?
2. What did Joe think when he read THE LAST DAYS OF POMPEII?
(a) That it must have been awful for the people.
(b) A mountain had blown up trapping him in the lava.
(c) That he would never live near a volcano.
(d) It was a quick, easy way to die.
3. What did the doctors use to put in a window of a guy who had his stomach blown away?
(a) Cadaver skin.
(b) Pig's skin.
(d) A graft from his brother.
4. When he wants to kill himself by not breathing what does he find out?
(a) His breathing is beyond his control.
(b) He can't hold his breath.
(c) He passes out before dying.
(d) He is strapped down so he can't move.
5. What does Joe do when Harper tells him Diane went out with Hogan?
(a) Goes after Hogan.
(b) Hit him and call him a liar.
(c) Asks Diane if it is the truth.
(d) Gets drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joe finally get fired?
2. What does Joe think he should have done about Diane instead rushing out to work in the desert?
3. What minor injury does Joe think about?
4. After he finds out he has no mouth, teeth or palate what does he realize?
5. What does Joe think would be wonderful when he was thinking about the nurse and the rat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joe come to know he has no face?
2. What doesn't Joe understand about being alive?
3. What does Joe think guys should do when called up for the military?
4. What does Joe think when he thinks of his family and what does he see as the reality?
5. What are the two problems Jose talks to the guys at the bakery about?
6. Why doesn't Joe worry about loss of appetite?
7. What does Joe think about doctors and war?
8. How does Joe realize he has no left arm and how does he feel about it?
9. When did Joe become aware of the war and what events in the war occurred at that time?
10. What does Joe want to stop and why?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)