|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month is Joe's birthday?
2. What does Joe think about the fact that they cut off his arm?
(a) He still has the right arm.
(b) He's glad it wasn't his right arm.
(c) They should have asked him first.
(d) He can always walk.
3. What does Joe think he should have done about Diane instead rushing out to work in the desert?
(a) Moved to New York.
(b) Forgiven her.
(c) Beaten up Hogan.
(d) Found another girl.
4. How does Joe figure he can communicate since he is deaf?
(a) He will use telepathy.
(b) He can still talk.
(c) With sign language.
(d) In writing.
5. How does Joe figure out that he is deaf?
(a) He can't hear his mother.
(b) He can't hear his pulse.
(c) He can's hear any music.
(d) He can't hear the doctors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe realize when he asks Jose to come closer to him?
2. What does Joe think he has to do first in order to kill himself?
3. What does Joe see in the snow as he thinks of his life?
4. Why does Joe think he may be lucky not having a nose?
5. What do the doctors consider Joe to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Joe is feeling while working in the desert.
2. What idea does Pinky Carson come up with for Jose and how does that work out?
3. What does Joe think when he thinks of his family and what does he see as the reality?
4. Who does Joe call out to in his nightmare and why?
5. What doesn't Joe understand about being alive?
6. Why does he worry about a ring? What kind of ring is it and who gave it to him?
7. Why does Joe think he is dying and why does he know he is alive?
8. How does Joe feel about the nurse bathing him?
9. When did Joe become aware of the war and what events in the war occurred at that time?
10. Why does Joe wish someone would pick up the phone and what happens when they do?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)