|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe think war is for the doctors?
(c) They are indifferent to it.
2. In what month is Joe's birthday?
3. What famous person flies into Joe's hometown one day?
(a) Amelia Earhart.
(b) Daredevil pilot Lincoln Beechy.
(c) David Grintings.
(d) Charles Lindbergh.
4. What does Joe do when he finally realizes the full extent of his injuries?
(a) He tries to figure out how to die.
(b) He calls out to his mother to come help him.
(c) He sobs.
(d) He calls for Kareen.
5. How much did the bread sacks Joe lifted at the bakery weigh?
(a) 100 pounds.
(b) 90 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 30 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the desert in which Joe is working?
2. What does his girlfriend's father do in the morning on his departure day?
3. Why won't the doctors kill Joe now?
4. What does Joe think is the only important thing he has left?
5. What does Joe finally realize towards the end of Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene at Joe's parents house when he arrives home after his father died.
2. Describe how Joe is feeling while working in the desert.
3. How far does Joe walk to get to the bakery and how much money does he make?
4. Why does Joe wish someone would pick up the phone and what happens when they do?
5. When did Joe become aware of the war and what events in the war occurred at that time?
6. Why does Joe think being the way he is is worse than being in the womb?
7. What does Joe think guys should do when called up for the military?
8. When is Joe's birthday; how did they celebrate; and what present did Glen give him one year? What came a few months after that present?
9. Why doesn't Joe worry about loss of appetite?
10. What book did Joe read that gave him a nightmare and what was that nightmare?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)