|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Joe's left arm?
(a) It was amputated at the elbow.
(b) It was burned badly.
(c) It was broken.
(d) It was cut off at the shoulder.
2. What does Joe feel under all of his bandages?
(d) Feeling a burning sensation.
3. What does Joe want the nurses to do so he doesn't feel like he's drowning?
(a) To lay him out flat.
(b) To put him in a chair.
(c) To wipe the sweat off his face.
(d) To prop him up.
4. Joe thinks a lot of guys go to war because of this.
(b) To see another country.
(c) Getting to kill.
(d) To get away from a wife.
5. What kind of flowers do the kids gather for May Day?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the coal miner who returned home badly wounded?
2. What does Joe think is crawling on him?
3. When he wants to kill himself by not breathing what does he find out?
4. What do the workers tell Jose to do?
5. After he finds out he has no mouth, teeth or palate what does he realize?
Short Essay Questions
1. How far does Joe walk to get to the bakery and how much money does he make?
2. Where does Joe see Jose while he's lying in bed, what does he ask him and what does Joe figure out?
3. How does Joe realize he has no left arm and how does he feel about it?
4. What does Joe want to stop and why?
5. What are the two problems Jose talks to the guys at the bakery about?
6. Who does Joe call out to in his nightmare and why?
7. What does Joe see on the way home from the train station?
8. How does Joe think he might be able to tell being awake and asleep with no eyes?
9. When is Joe's birthday; how did they celebrate; and what present did Glen give him one year? What came a few months after that present?
10. How does Joe feel about the nurse bathing him?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)