|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe want to do most as he is lying in bed injured?
(a) To hear someone talk.
(b) To get up and walk.
(c) To die.
(d) To go home.
2. What do some of the soldiers in France do that are too scared to talk?
(a) Go catatonic.
(b) Scream all night.
(c) Act like dogs.
(d) Talk like a two year old.
3. What does Joe think about his head as he lays in the bed?
(a) The shell should have hit his head.
(b) It is too badly injured for him to live.
(c) It is too heavy.
(d) It is too messed up.
4. What does Joe feel under all of his bandages?
(b) Feeling a burning sensation.
5. Why doesn't Joe get tired?
(a) He has no arms or legs to move.
(b) That part of his brain was damaged.
(c) He can't tell when it's night.
(d) He's no longer working.
6. How does Joe feel when the nurse is washing him?
(c) Safe and snug.
(d) In pain.
7. What minor injury does Joe think about?
(a) A scrap on his stomach.
(b) A hole in his side.
(c) A bruise on the back of his head.
(d) Joe has only major injuries.
8. Why doesn't Joe worry about lack of appetite?
(a) They pump food in his stomach.
(b) He wanted to lose weight.
(c) He wants to die anyway.
(d) He doesn't like army food.
9. Joe thinks a lot of guys go to war because of this.
(a) To see another country.
(b) Getting to kill.
(d) To get away from a wife.
10. What does Joe do when he finally realizes the full extent of his injuries?
(a) He calls for Kareen.
(b) He tries to figure out how to die.
(c) He sobs.
(d) He calls out to his mother to come help him.
11. Why does Bonham think he is dying?
(a) He is being ignored by the hospital staff.
(b) He is hot and shaky.
(c) He wants to die so he denies he can live.
(d) No one can lose so much of oneself and live.
12. What does Joe say he is as far as a lottery for life?
(a) A lucky winner.
(b) One in a million loser.
(c) Someone who didn't buy a ticket.
(d) One in ten million loser.
13. How does Joe finally get fired?
(a) He slaps the boss.
(b) He burns up a thousand hot cross buns.
(c) He pushes over a cart of blueberry pies.
(d) He asks the boss's daughter out.
14. What kind of flowers do the kids gather for May Day?
15. How much did the bread sacks Joe lifted at the bakery weigh?
(a) 90 pounds.
(b) 30 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe realize when he asks Jose to come closer to him?
2. In what month is Joe's birthday?
3. What does Glen Hogan give Joe for his birthday one year?
4. Where did Joe and his father go camping when he was young?
5. What did Joe think when he read THE LAST DAYS OF POMPEII?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)