|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe feel under all of his bandages?
(b) Feeling a burning sensation.
2. What does Joe do when Harper tells him Diane went out with Hogan?
(a) Asks Diane if it is the truth.
(b) Goes after Hogan.
(c) Gets drunk.
(d) Hit him and call him a liar.
3. What does Joe say he is as far as a lottery for life?
(a) One in ten million loser.
(b) Someone who didn't buy a ticket.
(c) One in a million loser.
(d) A lucky winner.
4. What is the biggest event of the year in Joe's hometown?
(c) The harvest.
(d) The County Fair.
5. What does Jose want to know from the rest of the workers at the bakery?
(a) How to drive a car.
(b) How to quit his job gracefully.
(c) How to get into the movies.
(d) Where to get a map of Los Angeles.
6. What does Joe see in the snow as he thinks of his life?
(a) His father pulling his mother on a sled.
(b) The branches of the trees covered in white.
(c) His brother throwing snowballs at him.
(d) His sisters building a snowman.
7. What does Joe realize when he asks Jose to come closer to him?
(a) Jose can't walk either.
(b) Jose is in Germany.
(c) Jose is dead.
(d) He's been dreaming.
8. How does Joe figure he can communicate since he is deaf?
(a) With sign language.
(b) In writing.
(c) He can still talk.
(d) He will use telepathy.
9. Why does Joe think he may be lucky not having a nose?
(a) So he can't smell himself.
(b) He always thought his nose was too big.
(c) So it doesn't look funny with no mouth.
(d) So he can't breath.
10. Why does Joe Bonham wish someone would pick up the phone?
(a) He is expecting a call.
(b) He has a terrible headache.
(c) He hates phones on general principle.
(d) He hates the tone the phone makes.
11. What do some of the soldiers in France do that are too scared to talk?
(a) Talk like a two year old.
(b) Go catatonic.
(c) Scream all night.
(d) Act like dogs.
12. When he wants to kill himself by not breathing what does he find out?
(a) He is strapped down so he can't move.
(b) His breathing is beyond his control.
(c) He can't hold his breath.
(d) He passes out before dying.
13. What type of musical instrument does Joe's mother play?
14. Why does Joe not understand how he is alive?
(a) He has always been lucky.
(b) So many people die of such small things.
(c) He didn't think medicine was so far advanced.
(d) He was in a foxhole away from medical help.
15. What does Joe do when he finally realizes the full extent of his injuries?
(a) He sobs.
(b) He tries to figure out how to die.
(c) He calls for Kareen.
(d) He calls out to his mother to come help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joe's father ask him when he arrives at home?
2. What happened to Joe's left arm?
3. What did Joe hear about Harper and his fortunes in the war?
4. What do the workers tell Jose to do?
5. What does Joe think would be wonderful when he was thinking about the nurse and the rat?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)