|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the doctors use to put in a window of a guy who had his stomach blown away?
(b) Pig's skin.
(c) A graft from his brother.
(d) Cadaver skin.
2. What is Joe trying to stop?
(a) From thinking.
(b) All the fading, rushing, smothering, sinking, and rising.
(c) From wondering where he is.
(d) From wanting to see his mother.
3. What does Glen Hogan give Joe for his birthday one year?
(a) Brown silk socks.
(b) A new pocket knife.
(c) A leather jacket.
(d) A blue tie.
4. How much did the bread sacks Joe lifted at the bakery weigh?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 30 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 90 pounds.
5. What is the biggest event of the year in Joe's hometown?
(a) The harvest.
(c) The County Fair.
6. What minor injury does Joe think about?
(a) A scrap on his stomach.
(b) A bruise on the back of his head.
(c) Joe has only major injuries.
(d) A hole in his side.
7. How does Joe finally get fired?
(a) He asks the boss's daughter out.
(b) He pushes over a cart of blueberry pies.
(c) He slaps the boss.
(d) He burns up a thousand hot cross buns.
8. What skill do Joe and his friends master?
(a) Hunting deer and elk.
(b) Dancing with the girls.
(c) Smoking cigarettes with style.
(d) Asking a girl on a date.
9. What does Joe do when Harper tells him Diane went out with Hogan?
(a) Gets drunk.
(b) Asks Diane if it is the truth.
(c) Hit him and call him a liar.
(d) Goes after Hogan.
10. How does Joe feel when the nurse is washing him?
(b) In pain.
(d) Safe and snug.
11. Where did Joe and his father go camping when he was young?
(a) In the high pine and lake country.
(b) In Utah.
(c) At the national forest near their house.
(d) Near the Canadian border.
12. What happens when Joe tries to yell?
(a) He has no tongue.
(b) He realizes he has no mouth.
(c) He has a sore throat.
(d) His larynx is gone.
13. How many days has Joe been sick in his life?
(b) Three times.
14. What does Joe see when he walks by Diane's house?
(a) Harper and Diane kissing.
(b) Hogan and Diane kissing.
(c) Diane sitting on the porch swing.
(d) Diane and her mother on the front porch.
15. After he finds out he has no mouth, teeth or palate what does he realize?
(a) He is hungry.
(b) He can't find his tongue.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He can't swallow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does his girlfriend's father do in the morning on his departure day?
2. What do some of the soldiers in France do that are too scared to talk?
3. In what month is Joe's birthday?
4. What do the workers tell Jose to do?
5. How does Joe feel about Harper as he is on his way back home from the desert?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)