|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does his girlfriend's father do in the morning on his departure day?
(a) Makes him breakfast.
(b) Gives him his old army jacket.
(c) Gives him a haircut.
(d) Takes him to a restaurant.
2. What does Joe decide when he figures out he's deaf?
(a) He can get a hearing aid.
(b) He won't have to listen to his wife nag.
(c) He can learn to read lips.
(d) He didn't like music anyway.
3. Where did Joe and his friends swim in Colorado?
(a) In a big ditch.
(b) At a lake.
(c) In the river.
(d) A a swimming hole.
4. How does Joe figure out that he is deaf?
(a) He can't hear his mother.
(b) He can's hear any music.
(c) He can't hear the doctors.
(d) He can't hear his pulse.
5. Why does Joe Bonham wish someone would pick up the phone?
(a) He is expecting a call.
(b) He hates the tone the phone makes.
(c) He has a terrible headache.
(d) He hates phones on general principle.
6. What does Joe do when Harper tells him Diane went out with Hogan?
(a) Asks Diane if it is the truth.
(b) Hit him and call him a liar.
(c) Gets drunk.
(d) Goes after Hogan.
7. After he finds out he has no mouth, teeth or palate what does he realize?
(a) He can't find his tongue.
(b) He is hungry.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He can't swallow.
8. What did Joe's father ask him when he arrives at home?
(a) Why he worked only one day on the rail job.
(b) If he is staying in for the night.
(c) Where Diane is.
(d) If he can go to the store.
9. Where did Joe and his father go camping when he was young?
(a) At the national forest near their house.
(b) In the high pine and lake country.
(c) In Utah.
(d) Near the Canadian border.
10. Joe would think he was dead except why?
(a) He is thinking and curious.
(b) He can feel his breathing.
(c) He can't see anyone else.
(d) He shouldn't go to hell and where he is must be hell.
11. Why is Bill Bonham a failure?
(a) He can't catch any fish.
(b) He can't make money.
(c) He doesn't hunt.
(d) He can't feed his family.
12. What do the doctors consider Joe to be?
(a) A thinking person.
(b) An interesting problem.
(c) Another casuality of war.
(d) They don't think about him at all.
13. What does Joe wish as he goes to bed?
(a) They would take him out and shoot him.
(b) That he had a dog.
(c) That his mother would talk with him about Diane.
(d) That Diane knew he was home.
14. What does Joe think is his duty towards Diane?
(a) To tell her father.
(b) To marry her.
(c) To let her go so she can date who she wants.
(d) To warn her about Hogan.
15. What famous person flies into Joe's hometown one day?
(a) Amelia Earhart.
(b) Charles Lindbergh.
(c) David Grintings.
(d) Daredevil pilot Lincoln Beechy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe ask Kareen in his dream?
2. What does Joe find out when someone finally answers the phone?
3. What does Joe want the nurses to do so he doesn't feel like he's drowning?
4. Why are Joe and Howie laying track in the desert?
5. What kind of flowers do the kids gather for May Day?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)