|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe think he should have done about Diane instead rushing out to work in the desert?
(a) Forgiven her.
(b) Found another girl.
(c) Beaten up Hogan.
(d) Moved to New York.
2. What does his girlfriend's father tell him to do the night before he leaves?
(a) To get some sleep.
(b) To take her to bed.
(c) To marry his daughter.
(d) To get his daughter with child.
3. Why doesn't Joe worry about lack of appetite?
(a) He wanted to lose weight.
(b) He wants to die anyway.
(c) He doesn't like army food.
(d) They pump food in his stomach.
4. In what month is Joe's birthday?
5. What does Joe ask Kareen in his dream?
(a) To have a child with him.
(b) To marry him.
(c) To hold her head up so she won't drown.
(d) To come find him.
6. What does Joe go to the store for on Saturdays?
(a) To bring his father home.
(b) Buy hamburgers for dinner.
(c) Buy his mother soap.
(d) To buy candy for his sisters.
7. Joe would think he was dead except why?
(a) He can feel his breathing.
(b) He can't see anyone else.
(c) He is thinking and curious.
(d) He shouldn't go to hell and where he is must be hell.
8. What did Joe hear about Harper and his fortunes in the war?
(a) He was injured and sent home.
(b) He was killed.
(c) He was made a captain.
(d) He was never drafted.
9. What does Joe think is the only important thing he has left?
(a) Having his mother there.
(b) Being awake.
(c) Feeling the nurse.
(d) Thinking clearly.
10. What does Joe feel under all of his bandages?
(d) Feeling a burning sensation.
11. What does Joe think is his duty towards Diane?
(a) To warn her about Hogan.
(b) To marry her.
(c) To let her go so she can date who she wants.
(d) To tell her father.
12. How does Joe feel about the war?
(a) He doesn't have an opinion.
(b) He doesn't think it has anything to do with him.
(c) He thinks it will be interesting.
(d) He's ready to go.
13. Why is Bill Bonham a failure?
(a) He can't feed his family.
(b) He can't catch any fish.
(c) He can't make money.
(d) He doesn't hunt.
14. What is Jose's ethnic background?
(b) Puerto Rican.
15. What does Joe do when Harper tells him Diane went out with Hogan?
(a) Asks Diane if it is the truth.
(b) Gets drunk.
(c) Goes after Hogan.
(d) Hit him and call him a liar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Joe get tired?
2. Where did Joe and his friends swim in Colorado?
3. What do some of the soldiers in France do that are too scared to talk?
4. What does Joe say he is as far as a lottery for life?
5. Why does Joe not understand how he is alive?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)