|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the biggest event of the year in Joe's hometown?
(b) The County Fair.
(c) The harvest.
2. What does his girlfriend's father do in the morning on his departure day?
(a) Gives him his old army jacket.
(b) Makes him breakfast.
(c) Takes him to a restaurant.
(d) Gives him a haircut.
3. Why is Bill Bonham a failure?
(a) He can't feed his family.
(b) He can't catch any fish.
(c) He can't make money.
(d) He doesn't hunt.
4. What does Joe say he is as far as a lottery for life?
(a) Someone who didn't buy a ticket.
(b) One in ten million loser.
(c) One in a million loser.
(d) A lucky winner.
5. What does Joe want to do most as he is lying in bed injured?
(a) To go home.
(b) To die.
(c) To get up and walk.
(d) To hear someone talk.
6. What does his girlfriend's father tell him to do the night before he leaves?
(a) To marry his daughter.
(b) To get some sleep.
(c) To get his daughter with child.
(d) To take her to bed.
7. What does Joe realize when he tries to kick the blankets off?
(a) He's lost his legs too.
(b) There are no blankets on him.
(c) He is strapped down.
(d) They are tucked under the mattress.
8. What type of musical instrument does Joe's mother play?
9. What does Joe decide when he figures out he's deaf?
(a) He didn't like music anyway.
(b) He won't have to listen to his wife nag.
(c) He can get a hearing aid.
(d) He can learn to read lips.
10. How does Joe feel about the war?
(a) He doesn't have an opinion.
(b) He doesn't think it has anything to do with him.
(c) He's ready to go.
(d) He thinks it will be interesting.
11. Joe would think he was dead except why?
(a) He can feel his breathing.
(b) He can't see anyone else.
(c) He shouldn't go to hell and where he is must be hell.
(d) He is thinking and curious.
12. How does Joe figure out that he is deaf?
(a) He can't hear his pulse.
(b) He can's hear any music.
(c) He can't hear the doctors.
(d) He can't hear his mother.
13. What does Jose want to know from the rest of the workers at the bakery?
(a) How to get into the movies.
(b) Where to get a map of Los Angeles.
(c) How to drive a car.
(d) How to quit his job gracefully.
14. Where did Joe and his friends swim in Colorado?
(a) At a lake.
(b) A a swimming hole.
(c) In the river.
(d) In a big ditch.
15. What does Joe think is crawling on him?
(a) A snake.
(b) A trench rat.
(c) A mosquito.
(d) A cockroach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Joe get tired?
2. What does Joe think you die for in war?
3. What does Joe wonder about when he thinks of the foxhole?
4. Why does Joe think he is masked?
5. What does Joe think about his head as he lays in the bed?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)