|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joe trying to figure out how to tell his father when they go camping?
(a) He wants to go hunting.
(b) He hates to fish.
(c) He hates to camp.
(d) Bill Harper is coming to fish with Joe.
2. Why is Bill Bonham a failure?
(a) He can't make money.
(b) He can't catch any fish.
(c) He can't feed his family.
(d) He doesn't hunt.
3. What type of musical instrument does Joe's mother play?
4. How many days has Joe been sick in his life?
(b) Three times.
5. What does Joe do when Harper tells him Diane went out with Hogan?
(a) Asks Diane if it is the truth.
(b) Gets drunk.
(c) Goes after Hogan.
(d) Hit him and call him a liar.
6. What does Joe want to do most as he is lying in bed injured?
(a) To go home.
(b) To die.
(c) To hear someone talk.
(d) To get up and walk.
7. What does Joe see in the snow as he thinks of his life?
(a) His brother throwing snowballs at him.
(b) The branches of the trees covered in white.
(c) His father pulling his mother on a sled.
(d) His sisters building a snowman.
8. What famous person flies into Joe's hometown one day?
(a) Daredevil pilot Lincoln Beechy.
(b) Amelia Earhart.
(c) David Grintings.
(d) Charles Lindbergh.
9. What does Joe think he has to do first in order to kill himself?
(a) Flip over.
(b) Learn to communicate.
(c) Make friends with the nurse.
(d) Get a hold of a gun.
10. What did the doctors use to put in a window of a guy who had his stomach blown away?
(a) Cadaver skin.
(c) Pig's skin.
(d) A graft from his brother.
11. What does his girlfriend's father do in the morning on his departure day?
(a) Gives him his old army jacket.
(b) Gives him a haircut.
(c) Makes him breakfast.
(d) Takes him to a restaurant.
12. What does Joe weep about for the first time?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) Working in the desert.
(c) A girl.
(d) Going to war.
13. Why does Joe Bonham wish someone would pick up the phone?
(a) He hates the tone the phone makes.
(b) He hates phones on general principle.
(c) He has a terrible headache.
(d) He is expecting a call.
14. What minor injury does Joe think about?
(a) A bruise on the back of his head.
(b) A scrap on his stomach.
(c) Joe has only major injuries.
(d) A hole in his side.
15. Why does Bonham think he is dying?
(a) No one can lose so much of oneself and live.
(b) He is being ignored by the hospital staff.
(c) He wants to die so he denies he can live.
(d) He is hot and shaky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Joe worry about lack of appetite?
2. How much did the bread sacks Joe lifted at the bakery weigh?
3. What does his girlfriend's father tell him to do the night before he leaves?
4. What does Joe find out when someone finally answers the phone?
5. What is the biggest event of the year in Joe's hometown?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)