|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapters 14-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joe listening to a hooker feel dumb?
(a) She talks about books.
(b) He doesn't know anything about sex.
(c) She corrects his grammar.
(d) She is well traveled.
2. What do some of the soldiers in France do that are too scared to talk?
(a) Go catatonic.
(b) Act like dogs.
(c) Scream all night.
(d) Talk like a two year old.
3. What does Superintendent of School Hargraves say about the airplane?
(a) It makes a lot of smoke and stinks.
(b) It's too noisy.
(c) It's mankind's greatest step forward in a hundred years.
(d) Man wasn't made to fly.
4. Why won't the Scotchman fight the Bavarian?
(a) He is related to the Bavarian crown prince.
(b) He thinks their crown prince is the rightful king of England.
(c) His mother is Bavarian.
(d) His father is Bavarian.
5. With what does Joe compare his situation right now?
(a) Being stuck in bed with a broken leg.
(b) When his father died.
(c) Losing his best friend.
(d) Being back in the womb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe realize when he tries to kick the blankets off?
2. What does Joe see in the snow as he thinks of his life?
3. What does Joe realize about patches of skin on his neck and forehead?
4. On what side of the hospital is Joe's room?
5. Why does Bonham think he is dying?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)