|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapters 14-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe feel when the nurse is washing him?
(b) In pain.
(d) Safe and snug.
2. What do new nurses do with Joe?
(a) Treat him roughly.
(b) Treat him gently.
(c) Uncover him and stare awhile.
(d) Talk endlessly to him.
3. After he finds out he has no mouth, teeth or palate what does he realize?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is hungry.
(c) He can't swallow.
(d) He can't find his tongue.
4. What does Joe want the nurses to do so he doesn't feel like he's drowning?
(a) To put him in a chair.
(b) To wipe the sweat off his face.
(c) To lay him out flat.
(d) To prop him up.
5. Why does Joe think he might be in an English hospital?
(a) It's the closest hospital.
(b) The smell is of the English heather.
(c) He heard British accents right before he went deaf.
(d) He was in the trenches with English soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe think is the key to figuring out time?
2. What does Joe think he has to do first in order to kill himself?
3. What does Joe think he should have done about Diane instead rushing out to work in the desert?
4. What do Joe and Flannigan often do together?
5. Why do the American boys like Lucky in Paris?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)