|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapters 14-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe think he can count sunrises?
(a) When the doctor comes in and takes his pulse.
(b) When a nurse first comes after a long time without.
(c) Because of the warming on his skin.
(d) When they first feed him after being without.
2. How many days has Joe been sick in his life?
(b) Three times.
3. Why does Joe think he is masked?
(a) To keep infection down.
(b) They haven't taken off the bandages yet.
(c) So the nurses won't have to look at him.
(d) So his face will heal.
4. What does Joe go to the store for on Saturdays?
(a) To buy candy for his sisters.
(b) Buy hamburgers for dinner.
(c) Buy his mother soap.
(d) To bring his father home.
5. What does Glen Hogan give Joe for his birthday one year?
(a) A leather jacket.
(b) A blue tie.
(c) Brown silk socks.
(d) A new pocket knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his fourth year what does Joe feel that is different?
2. What does Joe realize about patches of skin on his neck and forehead?
3. How much did the bread sacks Joe lifted at the bakery weigh?
4. What does Joe wish as he goes to bed?
5. What does Joe find out when someone finally answers the phone?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)