|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapters 7-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joe think he is masked?
(a) They haven't taken off the bandages yet.
(b) So his face will heal.
(c) To keep infection down.
(d) So the nurses won't have to look at him.
2. What did Joe hear about Harper and his fortunes in the war?
(a) He was never drafted.
(b) He was injured and sent home.
(c) He was made a captain.
(d) He was killed.
3. What does Joe wonder about when he thinks of the foxhole?
(a) What hit them.
(b) Whether it was American bombs.
(c) The other guys in it.
(d) How the Germans found them.
4. What does Joe ask Kareen in his dream?
(a) To have a child with him.
(b) To hold her head up so she won't drown.
(c) To marry him.
(d) To come find him.
5. What is Jose's ethnic background?
(d) Puerto Rican.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the workers tell Jose to do?
2. What does Joe want the nurses to do so he doesn't feel like he's drowning?
3. What does Joe realize that he can't tell the difference between?
4. What does Joe think is his duty towards Diane?
5. How does Joe feel about the war?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)