|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapters 14-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe think he can count sunrises?
(a) When the doctor comes in and takes his pulse.
(b) When a nurse first comes after a long time without.
(c) Because of the warming on his skin.
(d) When they first feed him after being without.
2. What is Jose's ethnic background?
(c) Puerto Rican.
3. Why doesn't Joe get tired?
(a) He can't tell when it's night.
(b) He has no arms or legs to move.
(c) That part of his brain was damaged.
(d) He's no longer working.
4. Why did Bonnie Flannigan say hello to Joe?
(a) She's looking for customers.
(b) She mistook him for somone else.
(c) She thinks he's good looking.
(d) She recognized him from Shale City.
5. What did his girlfriend ask him when he was drafted?
(a) Not to go.
(b) To run away to Mexico.
(c) To carry her scarf.
(d) To go to Canada.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Howie wake Joe up when they have gone to bed for the night?
2. With what does Joe compare his situation right now?
3. What do some of the soldiers in France do that are too scared to talk?
4. What does Joe decide when he first figures out he has no arms?
5. What do the doctors consider Joe to be?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)