1. Why does Joe Bonham wish someone would pick up the phone?
(a) He hates phones on general principle.
(b) He hates the tone the phone makes.
(c) He is expecting a call.
(d) He has a terrible headache.
2. What does Joe find out when someone finally answers the phone?
(a) His younger sister is gone.
(b) His mother has died.
(c) His girlfriend is in the hospital.
(d) His father has died.
3. What did Joe think when he read THE LAST DAYS OF POMPEII?
(a) That it must have been awful for the people.
(b) It was a quick, easy way to die.
(c) That he would never live near a volcano.
(d) A mountain had blown up trapping him in the lava.
4. What does Joe feel under all of his bandages?
(c) Feeling a burning sensation.
5. How does Joe figure out that he is deaf?
(a) He can't hear his mother.
(b) He can't hear the doctors.
(c) He can't hear his pulse.
(d) He can's hear any music.
This section contains 4,927 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)