Book 1: Chapters 1-3
1. Why does Joe Bonham wish someone would pick up the phone?
(a) He hates the tone the phone makes.
(b) He is expecting a call.
(c) He hates phones on general principle.
(d) He has a terrible headache.
2. What does Joe find out when someone finally answers the phone?
(a) His younger sister is gone.
(b) His father has died.
(c) His girlfriend is in the hospital.
(d) His mother has died.
3. What did Joe think when he read THE LAST DAYS OF POMPEII?
(a) That it must have been awful for the people.
(b) It was a quick, easy way to die.
(c) That he would never live near a volcano.
(d) A mountain had blown up trapping him in the lava.
4. What does Joe feel under all of his bandages?
(d) Feeling a burning sensation.
5. How does Joe figure out that he is deaf?
(a) He can's hear any music.
(b) He can't hear his pulse.
(c) He can't hear his mother.
(d) He can't hear the doctors.
This section contains 4,927 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)