|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Washington choose to help organize the new army?
2. What does Dr. Rush call Adams and Jefferson?
3. Who is killed in a duel with Aaron burr in 1804?
4. What is the name of the Adams family farm in Quincy?
5. Who is elected Vice President when Adams is elected President?
Essay Topic 1
John and Abigail had a powerful and loving marriage for many years. How did they maintain their relationship for so long? How did each manage through the many separations they were forced to endure? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
John Adams showed George Washington tremendous respect by nominating him to lead the Continental Army but did not receive the same courtesy in return. Discuss why Washington showed little regard for Adams, particularly when Adams served as his vice president, and Adams ability to bear the affront.
Essay Topic 3
Explain John Adams' life from birth through his marriage and his legal career. What were his parents like? What was his personality? What traits were instilled in him that would make him a success in his later life?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)