|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Washington choose to help organize the new army?
2. What does Dr. Rush call Adams and Jefferson?
3. Who is killed in a duel with Aaron burr in 1804?
4. What is the name of the Adams family farm in Quincy?
5. Who is elected Vice President when Adams is elected President?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast John Adams and Benjamin Franklin. In what ways were they similar? In what ways were they different? Why did they grow apart during their diplomatic period in France?
Essay Topic 2
Myths and legends have always surrounded the stories of the Founding Fathers of the United States. How does McCullough's book dispel or validate any such myths. Give examples of which founding fathers can be viewed a little differently after reading this book
Essay Topic 3
Adams spent several years living in France as a diplomatic envoy. Compare and contrast his life there with his life in Massachusetts. Did he enjoy living one place over the other? How did his experiences living in both places influence his political views?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)