|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what disease is Nabby diagnosed?
2. On what day did both John Adams and Thomas Jefferson die?
3. Who is Sally Hemings?
4. How did Adams perceive the Vice Presidency?
5. What illness strikes many, including Washington, in May of 1790?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the speculation options for Adams' political future.
2. In what ways did Jefferson undo Adams' accomplishments as president?
3. What were Adams' plans after the end of his presidency?
4. What was the state of the country when Adams turned it over to Jefferson?
5. Why is Chapter 9 so appropriately titled "Old Oak"?
6. What were the personal and professional losses Adams experienced in the fall of 1800?
7. What did Adams learn was Jefferson's true position on slavery?
8. How could Adams' creed for his life be summed up?
9. Explain the circumstances of Adams' meeting with King George III in which Adams is rightfully nervous.
10. What was John Quincy's relationship with his parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of religion in Adams' life. What was his father's plan for his life? Why did he alter the plan? How did his religious beliefs guide him as he guided the country?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast John Adams and Benjamin Franklin. In what ways were they similar? In what ways were they different? Why did they grow apart during their diplomatic period in France?
Essay Topic 3
John and Abigail had four surviving children--Nabby, John Quincy, Charles and Thomas. Describe the Adamses' relationships with each of their children. Is it evident that one is the favorite? Who is the black sheep? Cite examples.
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)