|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adams call Washington in a letter that surfaces and is printed in a newspaper?
2. How does Thomas Jefferson now view Adams?
3. What addition did the Adamses make to their home?
4. How does Adams describe Washington when he arrives?
5. How does Adams now occupy his time?
Essay Topic 1
The act of declaring independence from Britain took tremendous courage for this group of men who could have been hanged for treason. Using John Adams as the primary example, explain some of the reasons why the belief in independence was important enough to risk their lives.
Essay Topic 2
John and Abigail had four surviving children--Nabby, John Quincy, Charles and Thomas. Describe the Adamses' relationships with each of their children and the influence it had on their success as adults.
Essay Topic 3
It is widely believed that Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence when in actuality he was part of a team of five men assigned to the task. Who were the other men charged with creating this document along with Jefferson? Why were they selected? How did they work together?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)