|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Washington choose to help organize the new army?
2. What does Dr. Rush call Adams and Jefferson?
3. Who is killed in a duel with Aaron burr in 1804?
4. What is the name of the Adams family farm in Quincy?
5. Who is elected Vice President when Adams is elected President?
Essay Topic 1
Abigail Adams was a strong woman and well-positioned for John and the new United States. What was her influence on her husband? What was her position on slavery? What was her position on women's rights? How was she ahead of her time? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast John Adams and Benjamin Franklin. In what ways were they similar? In what ways were they different? Why did they grow apart during their diplomatic period in France?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the poignancy of Adams and Jefferson both dying on the same day--the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence.
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)