|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thomas Jefferson now view Adams?
2. With whom does Adams begin a pleasant correspondence through letters?
3. What is the state of Nabby's marriage?
4. What illness strikes many, including Washington, in May of 1790?
5. With what disease is Nabby diagnosed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Abigail Adams was a strong woman and well-positioned for John and the new United States. What was her influence on her husband? What was her position on slavery? What was her position on women's rights? How was she ahead of her time? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast John Adams and Benjamin Franklin. In what ways were they similar? In what ways were they different? Why did they grow apart during their diplomatic period in France?
Essay Topic 3
The act of declaring independence from Britain took tremendous courage for this group of men who could have been hanged for treason. Using John Adams as the primary example, explain some of the reasons why the belief in independence was important enough to risk their lives.
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)