|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major disease was running rampant in 1776?
2. Who summons Adams to Paris to sign a peace treaty?
3. What morbid premonition of Abigail's comes true in July of 1777?
4. Who helps Adams become acclimated to living in Paris?
5. In what Paris suburb did the Adamses find a house for their stay in France?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Adams spend his time while in Paris in the spring and summer?
2. What are Abigail's first impressions of London after her arrival?
3. Explain the toll that Adams' work in Congress is taking on his personal life.
4. Explain Adams' education and entry into the profession of law.
5. Why was Abigail so apprehensive about going to John in Europe?
6. What did Adams do upon arriving in France?
7. Describe Philadelphia at the time of the First Continental Congress in 1774.
8. Who did Adams marry?
9. Where was John born and who were his parents?
10. What was Adams' experience at the Second Continental Congress which began in February of 1776?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
John and Abigail had four surviving children--Nabby, John Quincy, Charles and Thomas. Describe the Adamses' relationships with each of their children. Is it evident that one is the favorite? Who is the black sheep? Cite examples.
Essay Topic 2
It is widely believed that Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence when in actuality he was part of a team of five men assigned to the task. Who were the other men charged with creating this document along with Jefferson? Why were they selected? How did they work together?
Essay Topic 3
Describe John Adams' personality in both his personal and professional interactions. Also cite examples where these traits are beneficial. When are the traits a liability?
This section contains 1,180 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)