|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what country does Adams move to seek financial aid?
2. In what location does the book begin?
3. Why did Abigail think the Southern delegates were hypocritical?
4. What did Adams do in May of 1782?
5. What morbid premonition of Abigail's comes true in July of 1777?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Adams pass his time while on the voyage to France?
2. What was Adams' relationship with John Quincy during this time?
3. How did Adams spend his time while in Paris in the spring and summer?
4. Describe John Adams.
5. What was Adams' overall opinion of the First Continental Congress?
6. What happens to Adams just as he is about to give up his life as a public servant for the government?
7. How did Adams acclimate himself to Holland?
8. Where is Adams headed when the book opens?
9. What was the nature of the meeting requested by British General Howe with Adams, Franklin and Rutledge?
10. What fortuitous meeting did Abigail have before sailing from Boston?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain John Adams' life from birth through his marriage and his legal career. What were his parents like? What was his personality? What behaviors were instilled in him that would make him a success in his later life?
Essay Topic 2
It is widely believed that Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence when in actuality he was part of a team of five men assigned to the task. Who were the other men charged with creating this document along with Jefferson? Why were they selected? How did they work together?
Essay Topic 3
John and Abigail ultimately lost four children before their own deaths. Name the children and the circumstances of their deaths.
This section contains 1,216 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)