|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship taking the Adamses to France in 1779?
2. What is the name of John Adams' wife?
3. What did Adams do in May of 1782?
4. What was one of the objectives of the Second Continental Congress?
5. In what Paris suburb did the Adamses find a house for their stay in France?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Adams move to Holland?
2. What finally makes Abigail change her mind about going to France?
3. What was the final perception of Adams' role in the fight for independence?
4. Describe the condition of the Auteuil house where the Adamses take up residence in Paris.
5. Describe John Adams.
6. How did Adams acclimate himself to Holland?
7. How did Adams spend his time while in Paris in the spring and summer?
8. What did Adams come to realize about the tensions among the American envoys in Paris?
9. Explain some of Adams' immediate issues as Head of the War Department.
10. What was Abigail's perspective on John's overseas assignment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe John Adams' personality in both his personal and professional interactions. Also cite examples where these traits are beneficial. When are the traits a liability?
Essay Topic 2
Adams spent several years living in France as a diplomatic envoy. Compare and contrast his life there with his life in Massachusetts. What did he like and dislike about life in both places?
Essay Topic 3
In addition to war on their homeland, the colonists were also very vulnerable to the threat of serious illnesses such as smallpox. Cite some examples from the book in which people die or are in serious danger of their lives due to diseases that can be managed today.
This section contains 1,268 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)