|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event occurred in May of 1765 that enraged the colonists?
2. At what age did John Adams enter Harvard University?
3. What morbid premonition of Abigail's comes true in July of 1777?
4. To whom is the Adams family farm rented?
5. What is a Te Deum?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the circumstances of the actual signing of the Declaration of Independence?
2. What was Adams' experience at the Second Continental Congress which began in February of 1776?
3. What are Abigail's first impressions of London after her arrival?
4. What was Adams' relationship with John Quincy during this time?
5. What fortuitous meeting did Abigail have before sailing from Boston?
6. Who did Adams marry?
7. How did Adams pass his time while on the voyage to France?
8. What were Adams' three main objectives for the Second Continental Congress?
9. Describe the condition of the Auteuil house where the Adamses take up residence in Paris.
10. Describe Philadelphia at the time of the First Continental Congress in 1774.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It is widely believed that Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence when in actuality he was part of a team of five men assigned to the task. Who were the other men charged with creating this document along with Jefferson? Why were they selected? How did they work together?
Essay Topic 2
John Adams showed George Washington tremendous respect by nominating him to lead the Continental Army but did not receive the same courtesy in return. Explain why Washington showed little regard for Adams, particularly when Adams served as his vice president. Also note Adams' integrity and ability to bear the affront.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast John Adams and Benjamin Franklin. In what ways were they similar? In what ways were they different? Why did they grow apart during their diplomatic period in France?
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)