|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Novangelus?
2. What event occurred in May of 1765 that enraged the colonists?
3. To what city does Adams move his family in 1768?
4. Who who is given credit for crafting the words of the Declaration of Independence?
5. What was an important topic of debate related to the Articles of Confederation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Adams' education and entry into the profession of law.
2. Explain how the winter of 1776-77 were times that "stretched the limits of the patriots' forbearance".
3. What was Adams' relationship with John Quincy during this time?
4. What were John and Abigail's concerns for their children during this period?
5. What event prompts Abigail to write to Jefferson after 17 years of silence?
6. What was the nature of the meeting requested by British General Howe with Adams, Franklin and Rutledge?
7. What are Abigail's first impressions of London after her arrival?
8. What did Adams learn was Jefferson's true position on slavery?
9. What did Adams come to realize about the tensions among the American envoys in Paris?
10. What were the Adamses first observations of life in London?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Myths and legends have always surrounded the stories of the Founding Fathers of the United States. How does McCullough's book dispel or validate any such myths. Give examples of which founding fathers can be viewed a little differently after reading this book
Essay Topic 2
John and Abigail had four surviving children--Nabby, John Quincy, Charles and Thomas. Describe the Adamses' relationships with each of their children and the influence it had on their success as adults.
Essay Topic 3
Adams spent several years living in France as a diplomatic envoy. Compare and contrast his life there with his life in Massachusetts. Did he enjoy living one place over the other? How did his experiences living in both places influence his political views?
This section contains 1,962 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)