|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is appointed commander in chief of the new provisional army?
(a) Alexander Hamilton
(b) John Howe
(c) George Washington
(d) William Smith
2. Of what disease does Abigail die?
(c) Typhoid fever
3. What was Adams' legacy to his grandchildren?
(a) What goes around comes around.
(b) Do justly. Love mercy. Walk humbly. This is enough.
(c) The early bird gets the worm.
(d) Walk softly but carry a big stick.
4. With whom does Adams begin a pleasant correspondence through letters?
(a) Nabby Adams Smith
(b) Martha Washington
(c) Dr. Benjamin Rush
(d) John Jay
5. What did many people do at Washington's departure?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Adamses new grandchild born to John Quincy and Louisa Catherine Adams?
2. What is Abigail's perception of New York?
3. What topic did Jefferson refuse to debate with Adams?
4. Who led the anti-American initiatives in England?
5. What is Adams' conclusion about keeping Washington's cabinet?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)