|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________________ is eulogized as "first in war, first in peace, first in the hearts of his countrymen."
2. Who was the artist of the famous painting of the signing of the Declaration of Independence?
(b) John Trumbull
(c) John Singer Sargent
(d) Andrew Wyeth
3. What happens when John and Abigail lose their life savings in imprudent investments?
(a) They move to town
(b) John Quincy buys Stoneyfield for them
(c) They buy a smaller farm
(d) They move in with John Quincy
4. What does Dr. Rush call Adams and Jefferson?
(a) America's finest
(b) Two old fools
(c) The North and South Poles of the American Revolution
(d) The salt of the earth
5. To what government office is John Quincy elected after returning from Europe?
(a) Governor of Massachusetts
(b) Mayor of Quincy
(c) Massachusetts Senate
(d) U.S. Congress
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the anti-American initiatives in England?
2. Who is elected Vice President when Adams is elected President?
3. Why was Adams so pleased with John Quincy's appointment as Secretary of State?
4. Which city has hopes of becoming the country's permanent capital?
5. What is the name of the Adamses new grandchild born to John Quincy and Louisa Catherine Adams?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Adams' main points in his presidential inauguration speech in March of 1797?
2. How could the first half of Adams' administration be described?
3. What event prompts Abigail to write to Jefferson after 17 years of silence?
4. Explain the speculation options for Adams' political future.
5. What were the personal and professional losses Adams experienced in the fall of 1800?
6. How were the Adamses met when they returned to Boston after living in Europe for so long?
7. What were John and Abigail's concerns for their children during this period?
8. Why is Chapter 9 so appropriately titled "Old Oak"?
9. In what ways did Jefferson undo Adams' accomplishments as president?
10. What was John Quincy's relationship with his parents?
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)