|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state of Nabby's marriage?
(c) Very happy
2. What statement did Washington add to his presidential oath of office?
(a) Give me liberty or give me death.
(b) United we stand, divided we fall.
(c) So help me God.
(d) God bless the United States of America
3. To what does Abigail compare John when he is deluged with opposition in Philadelphia?
(a) An anchor
(b) An old oak
(c) A rock
(d) Salt of the earth
4. How long had Adams lived overseas at the time he returns home in 1788?
(a) 10 years
(b) 5 years
(c) 7 years
(d) 3 years
5. What illness strikes many, including Washington, in May of 1790?
(d) Scarlet fever
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the anti-American initiatives in England?
2. How did Adams perceive the Vice Presidency?
3. Of what disease does Abigail die?
4. Who did Adams fear would lead a military coup and return the country to British rule?
5. What is Abigail's perception of New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. How could Adams' creed for his life be summed up?
2. What were the major challenges that faced Adams in his position as diplomat in London?
3. What were Adams' plans after the end of his presidency?
4. What were the circumstances of Adams' leaving Washington on Jefferson's inauguration day?
5. How were the Adamses met when they returned to Boston after living in Europe for so long?
6. Explain why keeping peace was a guiding principle for Adams in his presidency?
7. What was John Quincy's relationship with his parents?
8. What were Adams' main points in his presidential inauguration speech in March of 1797?
9. In what ways did Jefferson undo Adams' accomplishments as president?
10. What did Adams observe about the new America that had emerged in his absence?
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)