|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state of Nabby's marriage?
(d) Very happy
2. Who did Adams fear would lead a military coup and return the country to British rule?
3. Who becomes a threat to U.S. shipping and trade?
(a) British port authority
(b) Somali pirates
(c) Barbary pirates
(d) French navy
4. What did the Adamses find when they returned to Boston?
(a) Mayhem and confusion
(b) A huge homecoming celebration
(c) A town they did not recognize
(d) Hostility toward the family
5. With what disease is Nabby diagnosed?
(b) Breast cancer
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thomas Jefferson now view Adams?
2. What statement did Washington add to his presidential oath of office?
3. Who is killed in a duel with Aaron burr in 1804?
4. On what day did both John Adams and Thomas Jefferson die?
5. After learning of his son, Charles', indiscriminate behavior, what does Adams do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the circumstances of Adams' leaving Washington on Jefferson's inauguration day?
2. How could Adams' creed for his life be summed up?
3. Why is Chapter 9 so appropriately titled "Old Oak"?
4. How did Alexander Hamilton work to undermine Adams' election as president over Washington?
5. What were Adams' main points in his presidential inauguration speech in March of 1797?
6. How were the Adamses met when they returned to Boston after living in Europe for so long?
7. Explain why the Alien and Sedition Acts were so critical at this time when war with France was possibly imminent.
8. How could the first half of Adams' administration be described?
9. What was the state of the country when Adams turned it over to Jefferson?
10. What were the major challenges that faced Adams in his position as diplomat in London?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)