|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement did Washington add to his presidential oath of office?
(a) United we stand, divided we fall.
(b) Give me liberty or give me death.
(c) So help me God.
(d) God bless the United States of America
2. What happens when John and Abigail lose their life savings in imprudent investments?
(a) John Quincy buys Stoneyfield for them
(b) They move to town
(c) They buy a smaller farm
(d) They move in with John Quincy
3. By what name do some of Adams' opponents call him?
(a) The Village Idiot
(b) The President by Three Votes
(c) Farmer Brown
(d) The Little Napoleon
4. What does Dr. Rush call Adams and Jefferson?
(a) The salt of the earth
(b) America's finest
(c) Two old fools
(d) The North and South Poles of the American Revolution
5. ____________________ is eulogized as "first in war, first in peace, first in the hearts of his countrymen."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of Nabby's marriage?
2. For what reason did Adams will himself to stay alive?
3. Who was Adams especially glad to see?
4. Who is killed in a duel with Aaron burr in 1804?
5. How many months did Adams govern from his Quincy home instead of Philadelphia in 1799?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the personal and professional losses Adams experienced in the fall of 1800?
2. How could the first half of Adams' administration be described?
3. Why is Chapter 9 so appropriately titled "Old Oak"?
4. What were Adams' plans after the end of his presidency?
5. Explain the speculation options for Adams' political future.
6. What were Adams' main points in his presidential inauguration speech in March of 1797?
7. What were the major challenges that faced Adams in his position as diplomat in London?
8. How were the Adamses met when they returned to Boston after living in Europe for so long?
9. What were the Adamses first observations of life in London?
10. What event prompts Abigail to write to Jefferson after 17 years of silence?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)