|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Abigail say she felt like when setting out to join John in Philadelphia?
(a) The good samaritan
(b) The prodigal son
(c) A dutiful wife
(d) Noah's dove returning to the ark
2. What event takes American by surprise in 1789?
(a) The resignation of Thomas Jefferson
(b) The death of King George III
(c) The French and Indian War
(d) The French Revolution
3. What is Abigail's perception of New York?
4. Who does Nabby marry in 1786?
(a) Col. William Stephens Smith
(b) Marquis de Lafayette
(c) James Hemings
(d) Franklin Bache
5. Who surprisingly has much in common with John Adams?
(a) The Marquis de Lafayette
(b) King Louis XVI
(c) King George III
(d) The Pope
Short Answer Questions
1. What prompts Abigail to write to Jefferson after 17 years of silence?
2. To where is the nation's capital moved in 1800?
3. What did many people do at Washington's departure?
4. Which city has hopes of becoming the country's permanent capital?
5. What happens when John and Abigail lose their life savings in imprudent investments?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Adams' main points in his presidential inauguration speech in March of 1797?
2. What did Adams observe about the new America that had emerged in his absence?
3. What were the circumstances of Abigail's death?
4. What event prompts Abigail to write to Jefferson after 17 years of silence?
5. How did Alexander Hamilton work to undermine Adams' election as president over Washington?
6. What were the major challenges that faced Adams in his position as diplomat in London?
7. Explain the speculation options for Adams' political future.
8. What were the circumstances of Adams' leaving Washington on Jefferson's inauguration day?
9. What were the Adamses first observations of life in London?
10. How were the Adamses met when they returned to Boston after living in Europe for so long?
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)