|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event takes American by surprise in 1789?
(a) The resignation of Thomas Jefferson
(b) The French and Indian War
(c) The death of King George III
(d) The French Revolution
2. With what disease is Nabby diagnosed?
(a) Breast cancer
3. What does Dr. Rush call Adams and Jefferson?
(a) The North and South Poles of the American Revolution
(b) The salt of the earth
(c) Two old fools
(d) America's finest
4. Who designed the layout for the new federal capital?
(a) Henry Gates
(b) Frank Lloyd Wright
(c) Thomas Jefferson
(d) William Smith
5. What is Abigail's perception of New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the opposition effort against Adams?
2. Who wrote A Defence of the Constitutions of Government of the United States of America?
3. In what state does Adams find Washington when he arrives?
4. What addition did the Adamses make to their home?
5. What do Adams and Jefferson do to take a break from diplomatic matters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Adams learn was Jefferson's true position on slavery?
2. What was the state of the country when Adams turned it over to Jefferson?
3. How could Adams' creed for his life be summed up?
4. What was John Quincy's relationship with his parents?
5. How were the Adamses met when they returned to Boston after living in Europe for so long?
6. Explain why keeping peace was a guiding principle for Adams in his presidency?
7. What were John and Abigail's concerns for their children during this period?
8. What event prompts Abigail to write to Jefferson after 17 years of silence?
9. Why is Chapter 9 so appropriately titled "Old Oak"?
10. What were the personal and professional losses Adams experienced in the fall of 1800?
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)