|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevented Adams from attending his mother's funeral?
(a) Threatening weather
(b) A long-standing feud
(c) Religious differences
(d) The prospect of war
2. Of what disease does Charles Adams die?
3. What controversial nomination did Adams make as minister plenipotentiary to the French Republic in the matter of negotiating a new treaty?
(a) John Quincy Adams
(b) John Jay
(c) Charles Adams
(d) William Vans Murray
4. Who led the anti-American initiatives in England?
5. On what day did both John Adams and Thomas Jefferson die?
(a) December 25, 1826
(b) June 30, 1825
(c) July 4, 1826
(d) July 1, 1826
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is killed in a duel with Aaron burr in 1804?
2. What event takes American by surprise in 1789?
3. What is King George III's demeanor toward Adams in their first formal meeting?
4. What is the name of the Adams family farm in Quincy?
5. What does Adams abandon after trying for a year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the personal and professional losses Adams experienced in the fall of 1800?
2. Explain the poignancy of the deaths of Adams and Jefferson.
3. What were the Adamses first observations of life in London?
4. Explain the circumstances of Adams' meeting with King George III in which Adams is rightfully nervous.
5. What was John Quincy's relationship with his parents?
6. What were John and Abigail's concerns for their children during this period?
7. What were the major challenges that faced Adams in his position as diplomat in London?
8. What were Adams' plans after the end of his presidency?
9. What were the circumstances of Abigail's death?
10. Explain why keeping peace was a guiding principle for Adams in his presidency?
This section contains 1,239 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)