|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following topics did Jefferson and Adams discuss?
(b) Sally Hemings
(c) Jefferson's finances
2. What event takes American by surprise in 1789?
(a) The death of King George III
(b) The French and Indian War
(c) The resignation of Thomas Jefferson
(d) The French Revolution
3. What controversial nomination did Adams make as minister plenipotentiary to the French Republic in the matter of negotiating a new treaty?
(a) William Vans Murray
(b) Charles Adams
(c) John Quincy Adams
(d) John Jay
4. What is the name of the Adamses new grandchild born to John Quincy and Louisa Catherine Adams?
(a) John Quincy Adams II
(b) Charles Quincy Adams
(c) Abigail Elizabeth Adams
(d) George Washington Adams
5. What illness strikes many, including Washington, in May of 1790?
(a) Scarlet fever
Short Answer Questions
1. By what name do some of Adams' opponents call him?
2. Of what disease does Abigail die?
3. How many children did King George III of England have?
4. What is Abigail's perception of New York?
5. What did Abigail say she felt like when setting out to join John in Philadelphia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Adams observe about the new America that had emerged in his absence?
2. How did Alexander Hamilton work to undermine Adams' election as president over Washington?
3. What event prompts Abigail to write to Jefferson after 17 years of silence?
4. What were the major challenges that faced Adams in his position as diplomat in London?
5. How could the first half of Adams' administration be described?
6. What did Adams learn was Jefferson's true position on slavery?
7. What were Adams' plans after the end of his presidency?
8. In what ways did Jefferson undo Adams' accomplishments as president?
9. What was John Quincy's relationship with his parents?
10. What were John and Abigail's concerns for their children during this period?
This section contains 1,166 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)