|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which city has hopes of becoming the country's permanent capital?
(b) New York
2. With what disease is Nabby diagnosed?
(a) Breast cancer
3. Who is killed in a duel with Aaron burr in 1804?
(a) Benjamin Arnold
(b) Alexander Hamilton
(c) John Jay
(d) William Pickering
4. For what reason did Adams will himself to stay alive?
(a) To see his great grandchildren
(b) To observe the 50th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence
(c) He promised Abigail
(d) To see John Quincy elected president
5. Who did Adams fear would lead a military coup and return the country to British rule?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Abigail compare John when he is deluged with opposition in Philadelphia?
2. How many months did Adams govern from his Quincy home instead of Philadelphia in 1799?
3. What statement did Washington add to his presidential oath of office?
4. Who was Adams especially glad to see?
5. What event takes American by surprise in 1789?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the Adamses first observations of life in London?
2. Explain the speculation options for Adams' political future.
3. What event prompts Abigail to write to Jefferson after 17 years of silence?
4. What were the personal and professional losses Adams experienced in the fall of 1800?
5. What was John Quincy's relationship with his parents?
6. What did Adams observe about the new America that had emerged in his absence?
7. In what ways did Jefferson undo Adams' accomplishments as president?
8. Explain why the Alien and Sedition Acts were so critical at this time when war with France was possibly imminent.
9. What were John and Abigail's concerns for their children during this period?
10. What were the circumstances of Abigail's death?
This section contains 1,193 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)