|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who designed the layout for the new federal capital?
(a) Thomas Jefferson
(b) William Smith
(c) Henry Gates
(d) Frank Lloyd Wright
2. Why was Adams so pleased with John Quincy's appointment as Secretary of State?
(a) The last three presidents had held that office
(b) He would be closer to home
(c) He would be making more money
(d) He could ask Adams for advice
3. What interest did both Adams and Jefferson share?
4. What illness strikes many, including Washington, in May of 1790?
(c) Scarlet fever
5. What does Dr. Rush call Adams and Jefferson?
(a) The salt of the earth
(b) America's finest
(c) Two old fools
(d) The North and South Poles of the American Revolution
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic did Jefferson refuse to debate with Adams?
2. Who is elected Vice President when Adams is elected President?
3. What statement did Washington add to his presidential oath of office?
4. Who did Washington choose to help organize the new army?
5. What is the name of the Adams family farm in Quincy?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)