|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What addition did the Adamses make to their home?
2. Which of the following topics did Jefferson and Adams discuss?
(b) Sally Hemings
(d) Jefferson's finances
3. How does Adams now occupy his time?
(a) Campaigning for president
(b) Studying medicine
(c) Studying law
(d) As a farmer
4. What is the name of the Adams family farm in Quincy?
(a) Belle Monde
5. With what disease is Nabby diagnosed?
(d) Breast cancer
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic did Jefferson refuse to debate with Adams?
2. What is Adams' main objective during this period of his presidency?
3. To what does Abigail compare John when he is deluged with opposition in Philadelphia?
4. Who led the anti-American initiatives in England?
5. Who is Sally Hemings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the poignancy of the deaths of Adams and Jefferson.
2. Why is Chapter 9 so appropriately titled "Old Oak"?
3. What were the circumstances of Adams' leaving Washington on Jefferson's inauguration day?
4. What were Adams' plans after the end of his presidency?
5. What were the circumstances of Abigail's death?
6. Explain the circumstances of Adams' meeting with King George III in which Adams is rightfully nervous.
7. Explain why keeping peace was a guiding principle for Adams in his presidency?
8. How did Alexander Hamilton work to undermine Adams' election as president over Washington?
9. What were the Adamses first observations of life in London?
10. What were the major challenges that faced Adams in his position as diplomat in London?
This section contains 1,186 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)