|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What near-fatal illness does Abigail contract?
(b) Typhoid fever
(d) Scarlet fever
2. What interest did Adams and Jefferson share?
3. Who is appointed commander in chief of the new provisional army?
(a) George Washington
(b) William Smith
(c) Alexander Hamilton
(d) John Howe
4. How long had Adams lived overseas at the time he returns home in 1788?
(a) 10 years
(b) 3 years
(c) 7 years
(d) 5 years
5. What is John and Abigail's position on political office after Adams leaves the presidency?
(a) They have no interest in any more public office
(b) They have not thought about it yet
(c) They will entertain all offers
(d) There are a few positions they would consider
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adams abandon after trying for a year?
2. For what reason did Adams will himself to stay alive?
3. Who surprisingly has much in common with John Adams?
4. Who led the opposition effort against Adams?
5. What prevented Adams from attending his mother's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the poignancy of the deaths of Adams and Jefferson.
2. What did Adams observe about the new America that had emerged in his absence?
3. What was John Quincy's relationship with his parents?
4. What were Adams' main points in his presidential inauguration speech in March of 1797?
5. What were the personal and professional losses Adams experienced in the fall of 1800?
6. In what ways did Jefferson undo Adams' accomplishments as president?
7. What were the circumstances of Abigail's death?
8. What were the Adamses first observations of life in London?
9. Explain the speculation options for Adams' political future.
10. What were John and Abigail's concerns for their children during this period?
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)