|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a main topic of discussion among New Englanders during 1814?
(a) Shipping prices
(b) Maritime pirates
(c) Secession from the union
(d) Crop prices
2. What is the state of Nabby's marriage?
(d) Very happy
3. What did many people do at Washington's departure?
4. On what day did both John Adams and Thomas Jefferson die?
(a) June 30, 1825
(b) July 1, 1826
(c) July 4, 1826
(d) December 25, 1826
5. Who does Washington name as Secretary of State?
(a) Thomas Jefferson
(b) John Jay
(c) Alexander Hamilton
(d) Henry Knox
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did King George III of England have?
2. What did Abigail say she felt like when setting out to join John in Philadelphia?
3. Which city has hopes of becoming the country's permanent capital?
4. Who led the anti-American initiatives in England?
5. Who is Sally Hemings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Adams observe about the new America that had emerged in his absence?
2. What was the state of the country when Adams turned it over to Jefferson?
3. How could the first half of Adams' administration be described?
4. What were Adams' main points in his presidential inauguration speech in March of 1797?
5. Explain the poignancy of the deaths of Adams and Jefferson.
6. What event prompts Abigail to write to Jefferson after 17 years of silence?
7. Explain the circumstances of Adams' meeting with King George III in which Adams is rightfully nervous.
8. What were the circumstances of Adams' leaving Washington on Jefferson's inauguration day?
9. Explain why keeping peace was a guiding principle for Adams in his presidency?
10. How did Alexander Hamilton work to undermine Adams' election as president over Washington?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)