|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Abigail become good friends while in Paris?
(a) Marie Antoinette
(b) Debbie Franklin
(c) The wife of the Marquis de Lafayette
(d) Martha Jefferson
2. Why did Benjamin Franklin go to Canada during this time?
(a) To determine if Canda would become the 14th colony
(b) To go hunting
(c) To intervene in the French and Indian War
(d) To see family members
3. Where was John Adams born?
(a) Braintree, Massachusetts
(b) Groton, Massachusetts
(c) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
(d) Cambridge, Massachusetts
4. Which of the delegates led a movement to reconcile with England?
(a) John Hancock
(b) John Dickinson
(c) Thomas Jefferson
(d) John Penn
5. What does Adams do when the ship is beached for repairs in Spain?
(a) Stays in Spain to take Spanish lessons
(b) Hires another ship
(c) Waits for the repairs to be finished
(d) Sets off on foot
Short Answer Questions
1. Which French Minister favored Franklin to Adams?
2. Who did John Adams nominate to command the Continental army?
3. To what country does Adams move to seek financial aid?
4. What was the assumed British knowledge about Adams?
5. What was the core message of Adam's "Braintree Instructions"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Adams spend his time while in Paris in the spring and summer?
2. After all the debate, what was the final vote for independence on July 4, 1776?
3. What was Adams' relationship with John Quincy during this time?
4. Explain some of Adams' immediate issues as Head of the War Department.
5. What fortuitous meeting did Abigail have before sailing from Boston?
6. What finally makes Abigail change her mind about going to France?
7. What did Adams come to realize about the tensions among the American envoys in Paris?
8. What were the three factions vying for power at the Second Continental Congress?
9. Thomas Paine's "Common Sense" went a long way to rally New Englanders to war. Explain how John Adams found weakness in Paine and his document.
10. What happens to Adams just as he is about to give up his life as a public servant for the government?
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)