|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which was the only element of the Adamses house not in need of desperate tending?
2. What morbid premonition of Abigail's comes true in July of 1777?
(a) Their home is torched
(b) John is taken prisoner
(c) Her sister dies
(d) She delivers a stillborn daughter
3. Where are John Adams and John Bass going as the book begins?
(a) To France
(b) To church
(c) To visit George Washington
(d) To a town meeting
4. To what country does John Quincy go as a secretary?
5. Who accompanies Adams to England?
(d) Johnny and Charles
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Congress appoint Franklin in September of 1778?
2. Which of the following did Abigail not find Paris to be?
3. Where was John Adams born?
4. What does John find it difficult to do when writing to Abigail?
5. What British officer did Adams and Franklin travel to meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Adams pass his time while on the voyage to France?
2. What historic event severely wounded Adams' law practice in Boston?
3. What were Abigail's overall impressions of Paris?
4. Describe Philadelphia at the time of the First Continental Congress in 1774.
5. Why was Abigail so apprehensive about going to John in Europe?
6. What were Adams' three main objectives for the Second Continental Congress?
7. What was the nature of the meeting requested by British General Howe with Adams, Franklin and Rutledge?
8. What finally makes Abigail change her mind about going to France?
9. After all the debate, what was the final vote for independence on July 4, 1776?
10. Explain how the winter of 1776-77 were times that stretched the limits of the patriots' forebearance.
This section contains 1,221 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)