|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who crafted the words of the Declaration of Independence?
(a) John Adams
(b) Thomas Jefferson
(c) John Hancock
(d) Benjamin Franklin
2. What is the name of John Adams' wife?
3. What did the people of Boston call an event where five citizens were killed by British soldiers?
(a) The final straw
(b) The Boston Massacre
(c) A case for vengeance
(d) The last insult
4. What precipitates Abigail's sailing to London?
(a) She wants Nabby to have an English education
(b) John is appointed Ambassador to the British Court
(c) John is ill and needs her
(d) She and John are going on a second honeymoon
5. What is ultimately signed on September 3, 1783?
(a) The Declaration of Independence
(b) The Treaty of Paris
(c) Dutch Amnesty Resolution
(d) Olive Branch Resolution
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Te Deum?
2. What was the Olive Branch Petition?
3. To what position is Adams appointed in October of 1778?
4. In what year is the Second Continental Congress held?
5. To what position is Adams appointed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Adams pass his time while on the voyage to France?
2. Who did Adams marry?
3. Where is Adams headed when the book opens?
4. Thomas Paine's "Common Sense" went a long way to rally New Englanders to war. Explain how John Adams found weakness in Paine and his document.
5. What did Adams do upon arriving in France?
6. How did Adams acclimate himself to Holland?
7. Why was Abigail so apprehensive about going to John in Europe?
8. How does Adams react when his ship is wrecked in a storm and he must be repaired in Spain.
9. What did Adams come to realize about the tensions among the American envoys in Paris?
10. Why did Adams move to Holland?
This section contains 1,259 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)