|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Adamses do before moving to Paris?
(a) Went sightseeing
(b) Studied French cooking
(c) Learned French songs
(d) Bought French history books
2. What is the name of the ship taking the Adamses to France in 1779?
3. In what city was the Declaration of Independence approved?
(a) New York
4. Where was the boarding school in which Adams enrolled his sons located?
5. Why did John Adams go to Philadelphia in 1774?
(a) To visit his cousin
(b) To attend the First Continental Congress
(c) To enroll his son in law school
(d) To sign the Declaration of Independence
Short Answer Questions
1. Which American envoy disliked both Adams and Franklin?
2. What is the name of Abigail's sister with whom she shares her innermost feelings?
3. To what city does Adams go to attend another session of Congress?
4. What did the people of Boston call an event where five citizens were killed by British soldiers?
5. On what day was the Declaration of Independence approved?
Short Essay Questions
1. What historic event severely wounded Adams' law practice in Boston?
2. How did Adams acclimate himself to Holland?
3. What happens to Adams just as he is about to give up his life as a public servant for the government?
4. How did Adams pass his time while on the voyage to France?
5. What was the final perception of Adams' role in the fight for independence?
6. Where is Adams headed when the book opens?
7. What was Abigail's perspective on John's overseas assignment?
8. What did Adams come to realize about the tensions among the American envoys in Paris?
9. What fortuitous meeting did Abigail have before sailing from Boston?
10. Why was Abigail so apprehensive about going to John in Europe?
This section contains 1,238 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)