|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Adams remain in Philadelphia?
(a) 2 weeks
(b) 2 months
(c) 2 years
(d) 2 days
2. When was the Boston Tea Party?
(a) January 1774
(b) October 1774
(c) December 1773
(d) December 1774
3. Who drafted the first rules and regulations for the U.S. Navy during this time?
(a) Edward Biddle
(b) Thomas Jefferson
(c) John Adams
(d) William Pierce
4. ___________________ wrote that "These are the times that try men's souls."
(a) Samuel Adams
(b) Benjamin Franklin
(c) Thomas Paine
(d) George Washington
5. To what town does Adams move his family in 1771?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what country does John Quincy go as a secretary?
2. What was a critical step for the new country?
3. To what city does Adams go to attend another session of Congress?
4. In what location does the book begin?
5. To what position is Adams appointed in October of 1778?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Adams do upon arriving in France?
2. What was the nature of the meeting requested by British General Howe with Adams, Franklin and Rutledge?
3. Explain some of Adams' immediate issues as Head of the War Department.
4. Who did Adams marry?
5. What was Adams' experience at the Second Continental Congress which began in February of 1776?
6. What were the circumstances of the actual signing of the Declaration of Independence?
7. Explain Adams' education and entry into the profession of law.
8. What was Abigail's perspective on John's overseas assignment?
9. How did Adams pass his time while on the voyage to France?
10. Where was John born and who were his parents?
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)