|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year is the Second Continental Congress held?
2. What is the name of Jefferson's Virginia home?
(b) Mont Verde
(d) Belle Monde
3. What does Adams call Benjamin Franklin after Franklin attempts to muddy Adams' reputation?
(a) The Imposter
(b) The Philanderer
(c) The Old Conjurer
(d) The Village Idiot
4. Who is put in charge of the Adamses financial affairs?
(a) Rev. John Higham
(b) Dr. Henry Rush
(c) Dr. Cotton Tufts
(d) Benjamin Blackstone, Esq.
5. What was the pamphlet written by Thomas Paine?
(a) It Just Makes Sense
(b) Common Sense
(c) A Common Cause
(d) The Common Man
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Benjamin Franklin go to Canada during this time?
2. Who did John Adams nominate to command the Continental army?
3. What is ultimately signed on September 3, 1783?
4. In what year does the book begin?
5. In what city was the Declaration of Independence approved?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was John born and who were his parents?
2. What was the nature of the meeting requested by British General Howe with Adams, Franklin and Rutledge?
3. What finally makes Abigail change her mind about going to France?
4. Explain some of Adams' immediate issues as Head of the War Department.
5. What were the three factions vying for power at the Second Continental Congress?
6. What happens to Adams just as he is about to give up his life as a public servant for the government?
7. Describe the condition of the Auteuil house where the Adamses take up residence in Paris.
8. How did Adams acclimate himself to Holland?
9. What did Adams come to realize about the tensions among the American envoys in Paris?
10. How does Adams react when his ship is wrecked in a storm and he must be repaired in Spain.
This section contains 1,235 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)