|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanied Adams to France?
(a) Nabby Adams
(b) Abigail Adams
(c) John Quincy Adams
(d) Charles Adams
2. What did the Adamses do before moving to Paris?
(a) Went sightseeing
(b) Bought French history books
(c) Learned French songs
(d) Studied French cooking
3. How old was Benjamin Franklin at the time of the Second Continental Congress?
4. At what location are Washington's troops fighting the invading British troops in August 1776?
(a) New York
5. In what year is the Second Continental Congress held?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the delegates led a movement to reconcile with England?
2. Where was the boarding school in which Adams enrolled his sons located?
3. How long did it take for the Declaration of Independence document to be printed for signatures?
4. What precipitates Abigail's sailing to London?
5. On what day was the Declaration of Independence approved?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways did Jefferson undo Adams' accomplishments as president?
2. How did Adams pass his time while on the voyage to France?
3. Explain the poignancy of the deaths of Adams and Jefferson.
4. What were the Adamses first observations of life in London?
5. What were John and Abigail's concerns for their children during this period?
6. Where was John born and who were his parents?
7. How could the first half of Adams' administration be described?
8. Explain why keeping peace was a guiding principle for Adams in his presidency?
9. What was John Quincy's relationship with his parents?
10. What did Adams learn was Jefferson's true position on slavery?
This section contains 1,184 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)