|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Adams say happened to some of his letters sent to Abigail during this time?
(a) They were "lost to Neptune"
(b) They were intercepted by spies
(c) They were inspected before being mailed
(d) The were intercepted by the ministry
2. What did Abigail call John when his letters lost their romantic ardor?
(a) An ice chunk
(b) A frozen Laplander
(c) An igloo
(d) A north wind
3. What was the pamphlet written by Thomas Paine?
(a) A Common Cause
(b) The Common Man
(c) It Just Makes Sense
(d) Common Sense
4. Where was the boarding school in which Adams enrolled his sons located?
5. What is the name of the ship taking the Adamses to France in 1779?
Short Answer Questions
1. What appears to be Adams' only joy during this difficult period?
2. Who defended the British soldiers accused of killing the British citizens?
3. When was the Boston Tea Party?
4. In what year was John Adams born?
5. Which American envoy disliked both Adams and Franklin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Adams just as he is about to give up his life as a public servant for the government?
2. How did Adams acclimate himself to Holland?
3. What are Abigail's first impressions of London after her arrival?
4. What historic event severely wounded Adams' law practice in Boston?
5. How did Adams spend his time while in Paris in the spring and summer?
6. What did Adams do upon arriving in France?
7. What were the three factions vying for power at the Second Continental Congress?
8. Explain the toll that Adams' work in Congress is taking on his personal life.
9. What were Adams' three main objectives for the Second Continental Congress?
10. What was the nature of the meeting requested by British General Howe with Adams, Franklin and Rutledge?
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)