|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what location are Washington's troops fighting the invading British troops in August 1776?
(d) New York
2. Who was the captain of the ship taking Adams to Europe?
(a) Christopher Hall
(b) Samuel Tucker
(c) Marvin Peavey
(d) Dennis Mullis
3. What was an important topic of debate related to the Articles of Confederation?
4. What is the name of Jefferson's Virginia home?
(c) Mont Verde
(d) Belle Monde
5. What does Adams do when the ship is beached for repairs in Spain?
(a) Stays in Spain to take Spanish lessons
(b) Hires another ship
(c) Waits for the repairs to be finished
(d) Sets off on foot
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take for letters to cross the Atlantic?
2. What was the assumed British knowledge about Adams?
3. To what town does Adams move his family in 1771?
4. What was the main method of communication between John and Abigail?
5. What precipitates Abigail's sailing to London?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was John born and who were his parents?
2. Who did Adams marry?
3. What were the three factions vying for power at the Second Continental Congress?
4. Describe the condition of the Auteuil house where the Adamses take up residence in Paris.
5. What were Adams' three main objectives for the Second Continental Congress?
6. What were the circumstances of the actual signing of the Declaration of Independence?
7. What were Adams' initial observations about Paris?
8. Why was Abigail so apprehensive about going to John in Europe?
9. Where is Adams headed when the book opens?
10. What did Adams do upon arriving in France?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)