|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what country does Adams move to seek financial aid?
2. Who accompanied Adams to France?
(a) Charles Adams
(b) Nabby Adams
(c) Abigail Adams
(d) John Quincy Adams
3. How did the members of Congress feel about Adams?
(a) He was a major irritant
(b) He was the first among them
(c) He was not intellectual
(d) He was too provincial
4. Who accompanies Adams to England?
(c) Johnny and Charles
5. What is the one thing that Adams does not like about Paris?
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________________ wrote that "These are the times that try men's souls."
2. What event causes Congress to flee from Philadelphia?
3. What was the Olive Branch Petition?
4. To what position is Adams appointed in October of 1778?
5. To whom is the Adams family farm rented?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Adams spend his time while in Paris in the spring and summer?
2. Who did Adams marry?
3. Explain the speculation options for Adams' political future.
4. What was the state of the country when Adams turned it over to Jefferson?
5. Why is Chapter 9 so appropriately titled "Old Oak"?
6. What was Adams' relationship with John Quincy during this time?
7. What were the three factions vying for power at the Second Continental Congress?
8. How could Adams' creed for his life be summed up?
9. How could the first half of Adams' administration be described?
10. How did Alexander Hamilton work to undermine Adams' election as president over Washington?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)