|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what city does Adams move his family in 1768?
(a) New York
2. Which was the only element of the Adamses house not in need of desperate tending?
3. At what location are Washington's troops fighting the invading British troops in August 1776?
(a) New York
4. Whose friendship is especially valued by both John and Abigail?
(a) Benjamin Franklin
(b) Thomas Jefferson
(c) Marquis de Lafayette
(d) Marie Antoinette
5. To what country does Adams move to seek financial aid?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what town does Adams move his family in 1771?
2. The congress voted that there should be how many legislative bodies in the new government?
3. In what year does this chapter begin?
4. What did Adams say happened to some of his letters sent to Abigail during this time?
5. Who drafted the first rules and regulations for the U.S. Navy during this time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the condition of the Auteuil house where the Adamses take up residence in Paris.
2. What did Adams come to realize about the tensions among the American envoys in Paris?
3. Describe Philadelphia at the time of the First Continental Congress in 1774.
4. Explain the toll that Adams' work in Congress is taking on his personal life.
5. What was Adams' relationship with John Quincy during this time?
6. Who did Adams marry?
7. What were the three factions vying for power at the Second Continental Congress?
8. What was the final perception of Adams' role in the fight for independence?
9. Where was John born and who were his parents?
10. Explain Adams' education and entry into the profession of law.
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)