|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which country did the United States hope to receive military aid?
2. Where was the boarding school in which Adams enrolled his sons located?
3. When did Abigail and Nabby arrive in London?
(a) August 20, 1784
(b) July 20, 1785
(c) July 20, 1784
(d) June 20, 1784
4. What is ultimately signed on September 3, 1783?
(a) Olive Branch Resolution
(b) Dutch Amnesty Resolution
(c) The Treaty of Paris
(d) The Declaration of Independence
5. Where was John Adams born?
(a) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
(b) Cambridge, Massachusetts
(c) Groton, Massachusetts
(d) Braintree, Massachusetts
Short Answer Questions
1. Who crafted the words of the Declaration of Independence?
2. Who defended the British soldiers accused of killing the British citizens?
3. In what city was the Declaration of Independence approved?
4. When was the Boston Tea Party?
5. Which French Minister favored Franklin to Adams?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the nature of the meeting requested by British General Howe with Adams, Franklin and Rutledge?
2. Why did Adams move to Holland?
3. How did Adams spend his time while in Paris in the spring and summer?
4. Who did Adams marry?
5. After all the debate, what was the final vote for independence on July 4, 1776?
6. Why was Abigail so apprehensive about going to John in Europe?
7. Describe John Adams.
8. Explain how the winter of 1776-77 were times that stretched the limits of the patriots' forebearance.
9. Describe Philadelphia at the time of the First Continental Congress in 1774.
10. What are Abigail's first impressions of London after her arrival?
This section contains 1,173 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)