|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Olive Branch Petition?
(a) A document sent to France to avoid war
(b) A document aimed at reconciliation with Britain
(c) A document petitioning the delegates to behave civilly
(d) A new ruling by the Supreme Court
2. Where was the boarding school in which Adams enrolled his sons located?
3. How many votes were necessary to declare independence?
4. What did Abigail call John when his letters lost their romantic ardor?
(a) A north wind
(b) An ice chunk
(c) A frozen Laplander
(d) An igloo
5. For what attribute of his does Adams thank God?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Adams say depended on Congress' decision to split from England?
2. Which American envoy was sending secret messages to London?
3. According to congress, how long should judges serve?
4. Who helps Adams become acclimated to living in Paris?
5. In what location does the book begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Adams' relationship with John Quincy during this time?
2. How did Adams acclimate himself to Holland?
3. What did Adams come to realize about the tensions among the American envoys in Paris?
4. Where was John born and who were his parents?
5. Explain Adams' education and entry into the profession of law.
6. Describe John Adams.
7. What was Abigail's perspective on John's overseas assignment?
8. What was Adams' overall opinion of the First Continental Congress?
9. Explain some of Adams' immediate issues as Head of the War Department.
10. What was Adams' experience at the Second Continental Congress which began in February of 1776?
This section contains 1,155 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)