|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what city does Adams move his family in 1768?
(d) New York
2. How long did it take for letters to cross the Atlantic?
(a) 2 months
(b) 3 months
(c) 4 months
(d) 6 months
3. What did Adams do in May of 1782?
(a) Returned home to Abigail
(b) Resigned his post in Holland
(c) Raised the American flag at the first U.S. embassy in the world
(d) Traveled to Russia
4. Who did John Adams nominate to command the Continental army?
(a) George Washington
(b) John Dickinson
(c) William Pierce
(d) Samuel Adams
5. What is a Te Deum?
(a) A religious service
(b) An opera
(c) A dance
(d) A French food
Short Answer Questions
1. "Glorious news" of what event arrives while Adams is in Holland?
2. What precipitates Abigail's sailing to London?
3. Who accompanied Adams to France?
4. Who defended the British soldiers accused of killing the British citizens?
5. Which was the only element of the Adamses house not in need of desperate tending?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Adams' overall opinion of the First Continental Congress?
2. What were the personal and professional losses Adams experienced in the fall of 1800?
3. What was the nature of the meeting requested by British General Howe with Adams, Franklin and Rutledge?
4. Why did Adams move to Holland?
5. What were Adams' plans after the end of his presidency?
6. What did Adams learn was Jefferson's true position on slavery?
7. What were the circumstances of Adams' leaving Washington on Jefferson's inauguration day?
8. Explain the circumstances of Adams' meeting with King George III in which Adams is rightfully nervous.
9. What were the circumstances of the actual signing of the Declaration of Independence?
10. Where was John born and who were his parents?
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)