|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Glorious news" of what event arrives while Adams is in Holland?
(a) Abigail has given birth to another son
(b) The British surrender at Yorktown
(c) The French Revolution is over
(d) Congress has released funds for the army
2. To what town does Adams move his family in 1771?
3. What event occurred in May of 1765 that enraged the colonists?
(a) The Boston Tea Party
(b) The French and Indian War
(c) The Stamp Act
(d) The Olive Branch Document
4. Where are John Adams and John Bass going as the book begins?
(a) To visit George Washington
(b) To a town meeting
(c) To France
(d) To church
5. What was the Olive Branch Petition?
(a) A document sent to France to avoid war
(b) A document aimed at reconciliation with Britain
(c) A new ruling by the Supreme Court
(d) A document petitioning the delegates to behave civilly
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Benjamin Franklin at the time of the Second Continental Congress?
2. What was an important topic of debate related to the Articles of Confederation?
3. When did Abigail and Nabby arrive in London?
4. What did Adams call Abigail in addition to being a choice wife?
5. To what position is Adams appointed in October of 1778?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was John born and who were his parents?
2. What were Adams' main points in his presidential inauguration speech in March of 1797?
3. What was Adams' overall opinion of the First Continental Congress?
4. What was Adams' experience at the Second Continental Congress which began in February of 1776?
5. What was the state of the country when Adams turned it over to Jefferson?
6. What were Abigail's overall impressions of Paris?
7. What was the final perception of Adams' role in the fight for independence?
8. What were the major challenges that faced Adams in his position as diplomat in London?
9. Thomas Paine's "Common Sense" went a long way to rally New Englanders to war. Explain how John Adams found weakness in Paine and his document.
10. How did Alexander Hamilton work to undermine Adams' election as president over Washington?
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)