|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what city does Adams move his family in 1768?
(d) New York
2. Who did John Adams nominate to command the Continental army?
(a) Samuel Adams
(b) William Pierce
(c) George Washington
(d) John Dickinson
3. The congress voted that there should be how many legislative bodies in the new government?
4. Who was the captain of the ship taking Adams to Europe?
(a) Samuel Tucker
(b) Marvin Peavey
(c) Dennis Mullis
(d) Christopher Hall
5. In what year does this chapter begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What precipitates Abigail's sailing to London?
2. What is the name of the ship taking the Adamses to France in 1779?
3. What is a Te Deum?
4. On what day was the Declaration of Independence approved?
5. What was the name of the ship that took Abigail and Nabby to England?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fortuitous meeting did Abigail have before sailing from Boston?
2. Explain the toll that Adams' work in Congress is taking on his personal life.
3. How did Adams pass his time while on the voyage to France?
4. What historic event severely wounded Adams' law practice in Boston?
5. What are Abigail's first impressions of London after her arrival?
6. Explain some of Adams' immediate issues as Head of the War Department.
7. Describe Philadelphia at the time of the First Continental Congress in 1774.
8. After all the debate, what was the final vote for independence on July 4, 1776?
9. Thomas Paine's "Common Sense" went a long way to rally New Englanders to war. Explain how John Adams found weakness in Paine and his document.
10. What were the three factions vying for power at the Second Continental Congress?
This section contains 1,146 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)