|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Jefferson decide to accept a position in Paris?
(a) Boredom at home
(b) Passion for learning new things
(c) A drive to serve his country
(d) The death of his wife
2. To what town does Adams move his family in 1771?
3. What was Adams' role during the debate for independence on July 1, 1776?
(a) Legal counsel
(b) Principal orator
(d) Sergeant at arms
4. Which was the only element of the Adamses house not in need of desperate tending?
5. Who was reputed to be the wisest and most influential member of the Continental Congress?
(a) Benjamin Franklin
(b) Thomas Jefferson
(c) John Adams
(d) Samuel Adams
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drafted the first rules and regulations for the U.S. Navy during this time?
2. At what age did John Adams enter Harvard University?
3. According to congress, how long should judges serve?
4. What was the name of the ship on which Adams sailed to Europe?
5. What is the name of John Adams' wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the winter of 1776-77 were times that stretched the limits of the patriots' forebearance.
2. Where was John born and who were his parents?
3. What were the circumstances of the actual signing of the Declaration of Independence?
4. What happens to Adams just as he is about to give up his life as a public servant for the government?
5. Who did Adams marry?
6. Where is Adams headed when the book opens?
7. What was Adams' relationship with John Quincy during this time?
8. How did Adams spend his time while in Paris in the spring and summer?
9. What was the nature of the meeting requested by British General Howe with Adams, Franklin and Rutledge?
10. How did Adams pass his time while on the voyage to France?
This section contains 1,163 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)