|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take for the Declaration of Independence document to be printed for signatures?
(a) 1 month
(b) 1 hour
(c) 1 week
(d) 1 day
2. In what Paris suburb did the Adamses find a house for their stay in France?
3. What did Adams do in May of 1782?
(a) Raised the American flag at the first U.S. embassy in the world
(b) Returned home to Abigail
(c) Resigned his post in Holland
(d) Traveled to Russia
4. What is Novangelus?
(a) The New Angel
(b) The New Geometry
(c) The New Englander
(d) The November Sun
5. In what year is the Second Continental Congress held?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Adams say depended on Congress' decision to split from England?
2. At what location are Washington's troops fighting the invading British troops in August 1776?
3. Who was reputed to be the wisest and most influential member of the Continental Congress?
4. The congress voted that there should be how many legislative bodies in the new government?
5. Who accompanied Adams to France?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Abigail's overall impressions of Paris?
2. What were Adams' initial observations about Paris?
3. Explain the toll that Adams' work in Congress is taking on his personal life.
4. What fortuitous meeting did Abigail have before sailing from Boston?
5. Why did Adams move to Holland?
6. What was Adams' relationship with John Quincy during this time?
7. Why was Abigail so apprehensive about going to John in Europe?
8. Who did Adams marry?
9. What did Adams do upon arriving in France?
10. What was Abigail's perspective on John's overseas assignment?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)