|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what location are Washington's troops fighting the invading British troops in August 1776?
(c) New York
2. What was the assumed British knowledge about Adams?
(a) He would be District Attorney
(b) He was powerless
(c) He would be president
(d) He would be hanged
3. What appears to be Adams' only joy during this difficult period?
(a) Learning Dutch
(b) Traveling around Holland
(d) John Quincy
4. To what country does John Quincy go as a secretary?
5. "Glorious news" of what event arrives while Adams is in Holland?
(a) Abigail has given birth to another son
(b) Congress has released funds for the army
(c) The British surrender at Yorktown
(d) The French Revolution is over
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was John Adams born?
2. In what year was John Adams born?
3. What event occurred in May of 1765 that enraged the colonists?
4. To what city does Adams move his family in 1768?
5. Who drafted the first rules and regulations for the U.S. Navy during this time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Abigail's perspective on John's overseas assignment?
2. Where is Adams headed when the book opens?
3. Explain the toll that Adams' work in Congress is taking on his personal life.
4. What was the nature of the meeting requested by British General Howe with Adams, Franklin and Rutledge?
5. What was the final perception of Adams' role in the fight for independence?
6. What was Adams' overall opinion of the First Continental Congress?
7. How did Adams pass his time while on the voyage to France?
8. What were Abigail's overall impressions of Paris?
9. What were Adams' initial observations about Paris?
10. What was Adams' relationship with John Quincy during this time?
This section contains 1,231 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)