|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Washington choose to help organize the new army?
(a) Alexander Hamilton
(b) John Quincy Adams
(c) William Smith
(d) George Logan
2. What does Dr. Rush call Adams and Jefferson?
(a) The salt of the earth
(b) America's finest
(c) Two old fools
(d) The North and South Poles of the American Revolution
3. Who is killed in a duel with Aaron burr in 1804?
(a) William Pickering
(b) Alexander Hamilton
(c) Benjamin Arnold
(d) John Jay
4. What is the name of the Adams family farm in Quincy?
(c) Belle Monde
5. Who is elected Vice President when Adams is elected President?
(a) Thomas Jefferson
(b) John Jay
(c) Aaron Burr
(d) Alexander Hamilton
6. To what did John Quincy attribute the fact that Jefferson and his father died on the same day?
(a) A tremendous bond between friends
(b) A tribute to freedom
(c) The power of the human spirit
(d) Divine favor toward the U.S.
7. Who is Sally Hemings?
(a) Nabby's best friend
(b) Abigail's new dressmaker
(c) Jefferson's slave with whom he reportedly had an intimate relationship for many years
(d) The housekeeper at Stoneyfield
8. To what government office is John Quincy elected after returning from Europe?
(a) Governor of Massachusetts
(b) U.S. Congress
(c) Massachusetts Senate
(d) Mayor of Quincy
9. What did Abigail say she felt like when setting out to join John in Philadelphia?
(a) The prodigal son
(b) The good samaritan
(c) A dutiful wife
(d) Noah's dove returning to the ark
10. Of what disease does Charles Adams die?
11. On what day did both John Adams and Thomas Jefferson die?
(a) December 25, 1826
(b) July 4, 1826
(c) June 30, 1825
(d) July 1, 1826
12. What illness strikes many, including Washington, in May of 1790?
(d) Scarlet fever
13. Which city has hopes of becoming the country's permanent capital?
(c) New York
14. What did the Adamses find when they returned to Boston?
(a) Mayhem and confusion
(b) A town they did not recognize
(c) Hostility toward the family
(d) A huge homecoming celebration
15. What prevented Adams from attending his mother's funeral?
(a) A long-standing feud
(b) The prospect of war
(c) Religious differences
(d) Threatening weather
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when John and Abigail lose their life savings in imprudent investments?
2. How does Adams describe Washington when he arrives?
3. What does Adams call Washington in a letter that surfaces and is printed in a newspaper?
4. What interest did both Adams and Jefferson share?
5. What is the state of Nabby's marriage?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)