|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event occurred in May of 1765 that enraged the colonists?
(a) The Olive Branch Document
(b) The Boston Tea Party
(c) The Stamp Act
(d) The French and Indian War
2. What was the pamphlet written by Thomas Paine?
(a) The Common Man
(b) A Common Cause
(c) It Just Makes Sense
(d) Common Sense
3. What did Abigail call John when his letters lost their romantic ardor?
(a) An ice chunk
(b) A frozen Laplander
(c) A north wind
(d) An igloo
4. For what attribute of his does Adams thank God?
5. What did the Adamses do before moving to Paris?
(a) Bought French history books
(b) Learned French songs
(c) Studied French cooking
(d) Went sightseeing
6. To whom is the Adams family farm rented?
(a) Phoebe Abdee
(b) Samuel Adams
(c) Dr. Rush
(d) Benjamin Blackstone
7. Which of the delegates led a movement to reconcile with England?
(a) John Hancock
(b) Thomas Jefferson
(c) John Dickinson
(d) John Penn
8. Why did John Adams go to Philadelphia in 1774?
(a) To visit his cousin
(b) To attend the First Continental Congress
(c) To sign the Declaration of Independence
(d) To enroll his son in law school
9. What did Adams do in May of 1782?
(a) Returned home to Abigail
(b) Traveled to Russia
(c) Raised the American flag at the first U.S. embassy in the world
(d) Resigned his post in Holland
10. Who helps Adams become acclimated to living in Paris?
(a) Franklin Bache
(b) Francois Ledeaux
(c) Benjamin Franklin
(d) Silas Deane
11. Who was the captain of the ship taking Adams to Europe?
(a) Christopher Hall
(b) Marvin Peavey
(c) Dennis Mullis
(d) Samuel Tucker
12. When was the Boston Tea Party?
(a) December 1774
(b) December 1773
(c) October 1774
(d) January 1774
13. At what location are Washington's troops fighting the invading British troops in August 1776?
(d) New York
14. What is the name of John Adams' wife?
15. What is Novangelus?
(a) The November Sun
(b) The New Angel
(c) The New Englander
(d) The New Geometry
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom do Adams and George Washington meet in January of 1776?
2. What is the name of Jefferson's Virginia home?
3. What is the name of Abigail's sister with whom she shares her innermost feelings?
4. What does John find it difficult to do when writing to Abigail?
5. Why did Abigail think the Southern delegates were hypocritical?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)