|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Adams say depended on Congress' decision to split from England?
(a) His family
(b) Unborn generations
(c) His church
(d) New England
2. With whom do Adams and George Washington meet in January of 1776?
(a) Shawnee Indians
(b) Caughnawaga Indians
(c) King George
(d) Thomas Jefferson
3. How long did it take for letters to cross the Atlantic?
(a) 6 months
(b) 3 months
(c) 2 months
(d) 4 months
4. To whom is the Adams family farm rented?
(a) Samuel Adams
(b) Benjamin Blackstone
(c) Dr. Rush
(d) Phoebe Abdee
5. What was Adams' role during the debate for independence on July 1, 1776?
(a) Principal orator
(b) Sergeant at arms
(c) Legal counsel
6. What made Jefferson decide to accept a position in Paris?
(a) Passion for learning new things
(b) Boredom at home
(c) The death of his wife
(d) A drive to serve his country
7. References to what subject were removed from the declaration?
8. To what town does Adams move his family in 1771?
9. Which French Minister favored Franklin to Adams?
(a) The Comte de Passy
(b) The Comte de Vergennes
(c) The Marquis de Lafayette
(d) Count Rochambeau
10. To what city does Adams go to attend another session of Congress?
11. To what position is Adams appointed in October of 1778?
(a) Commander in Chief of the Army
(b) Admiral of the Navy
(c) Prime Minister
(d) Minister Plenipotentiary to England
12. On what day was the Declaration of Independence approved?
(a) July 1, 1776
(b) July 4, 1776
(c) July 5, 1776
(d) July 4, 1775
13. ___________________ wrote that "These are the times that try men's souls."
(a) George Washington
(b) Samuel Adams
(c) Thomas Paine
(d) Benjamin Franklin
14. To what country does Adams move to seek financial aid?
15. Who is appointed as Adams' official secretary?
(a) Pierce Marshall
(b) Francis Dana
(c) Franklin Bache
(d) Thomas Jefferson
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the pamphlet written by Thomas Paine?
2. Who helps Adams become acclimated to living in Paris?
3. What is the name of the ship taking the Adamses to France in 1779?
4. What was an important topic of debate related to the Articles of Confederation?
5. Who defended the British soldiers accused of killing the British citizens?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)