|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what city does Adams move his family in 1768?
(a) New York
2. How long did it take for the Declaration of Independence document to be printed for signatures?
(a) 1 week
(b) 1 day
(c) 1 month
(d) 1 hour
3. To what country does Adams move to seek financial aid?
4. What did the Adamses do before moving to Paris?
(a) Learned French songs
(b) Went sightseeing
(c) Studied French cooking
(d) Bought French history books
5. Who was reputed to be the wisest and most influential member of the Continental Congress?
(a) Thomas Jefferson
(b) John Adams
(c) Samuel Adams
(d) Benjamin Franklin
6. On what day was the Declaration of Independence approved?
(a) July 1, 1776
(b) July 4, 1776
(c) July 5, 1776
(d) July 4, 1775
7. What is a Te Deum?
(a) A dance
(b) An opera
(c) A French food
(d) A religious service
8. In what year is the Second Continental Congress held?
9. How old was Benjamin Franklin at the time of the Second Continental Congress?
10. Who accompanied Adams to France?
(a) Charles Adams
(b) John Quincy Adams
(c) Abigail Adams
(d) Nabby Adams
11. Which of the delegates led a movement to reconcile with England?
(a) John Dickinson
(b) John Penn
(c) Thomas Jefferson
(d) John Hancock
12. Who drafted the first rules and regulations for the U.S. Navy during this time?
(a) Edward Biddle
(b) William Pierce
(c) John Adams
(d) Thomas Jefferson
13. ___________________ wrote that "These are the times that try men's souls."
(a) George Washington
(b) Samuel Adams
(c) Benjamin Franklin
(d) Thomas Paine
14. Who accompanies Adams to England?
(d) Johnny and Charles
15. How long did Adams remain in Philadelphia?
(a) 2 weeks
(b) 2 years
(c) 2 months
(d) 2 days
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main method of communication between John and Abigail?
2. Who is succeeding Benjamin Franklin as minister to France?
3. In what Paris suburb did the Adamses find a house for their stay in France?
4. What was the name of the ship that took Abigail and Nabby to England?
5. What was a critical step for the new country?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)