|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the captain of the ship taking Adams to Europe?
(a) Christopher Hall
(b) Samuel Tucker
(c) Marvin Peavey
(d) Dennis Mullis
2. Why did Abigail think the Southern delegates were hypocritical?
(a) They wanted a voting system but would not let women vote
(b) They talked about freedom of religion but restricted their parishes
(c) They were working for freedom of the United States but still owned slaves
(d) They wanted freedom from England but still kept women dependent
3. With whom do Adams and George Washington meet in January of 1776?
(a) Shawnee Indians
(b) King George
(c) Caughnawaga Indians
(d) Thomas Jefferson
4. When was the last signature affixed to the Declaration of Independence?
(a) January 1777
(b) November 1776
(c) August 1776
(d) July 1776
5. Where was the boarding school in which Adams enrolled his sons located?
6. What precipitates the British leaving Boston Harbor in 1776?
(a) They ran out of tea
(b) The Battle of Bunker Hill
(c) The king has recalled them
(d) Illness is running rampant
7. What does Adams call Benjamin Franklin after Franklin attempts to muddy Adams' reputation?
(a) The Old Conjurer
(b) The Philanderer
(c) The Imposter
(d) The Village Idiot
8. Where are John Adams and John Bass going as the book begins?
(a) To church
(b) To France
(c) To a town meeting
(d) To visit George Washington
9. Which of the following did Abigail not find Paris to be?
10. Who did Adams say depended on Congress' decision to split from England?
(a) New England
(b) His family
(c) Unborn generations
(d) His church
11. How long did it take for letters to cross the Atlantic?
(a) 6 months
(b) 3 months
(c) 2 months
(d) 4 months
12. What was an important topic of debate related to the Articles of Confederation?
13. What did Abigail call John when his letters lost their romantic ardor?
(a) An igloo
(b) An ice chunk
(c) A north wind
(d) A frozen Laplander
14. According to congress, how long should judges serve?
(a) 15 years
(b) 10 years
(c) 4 years
(d) For life
15. Which American envoy disliked both Adams and Franklin?
(a) William Pierce
(b) Arthur Lee
(c) Edward Biddle
(d) Silas Deane
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Americans was the first to sign the Treaty of Paris?
2. What is the name of John Adams' wife?
3. With whom does Abigail become good friends while in Paris?
4. Who crafted the words of the Declaration of Independence?
5. What did the people of Boston call an event where five citizens were killed by British soldiers?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)