|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age did John Adams enter Harvard University?
2. What area did John Adams choose for his profession?
3. Who did John Adams nominate to command the Continental army?
(a) John Dickinson
(b) Samuel Adams
(c) George Washington
(d) William Pierce
4. Where was the boarding school in which Adams enrolled his sons located?
5. For what attribute of his does Adams thank God?
6. Who is put in charge of the Adamses financial affairs?
(a) Rev. John Higham
(b) Dr. Henry Rush
(c) Dr. Cotton Tufts
(d) Benjamin Blackstone, Esq.
7. How long did it take for the Declaration of Independence document to be printed for signatures?
(a) 1 month
(b) 1 week
(c) 1 hour
(d) 1 day
8. In what year is the Second Continental Congress held?
9. What British officer did Adams and Franklin travel to meet?
(a) Major-General William Phillips
(b) Admiral Lord Howe
(c) Major John Andre
(d) Admiral Brattleboro
10. From which country did the United States hope to receive military aid?
11. What was the pamphlet written by Thomas Paine?
(a) The Common Man
(b) It Just Makes Sense
(c) A Common Cause
(d) Common Sense
12. What was the name of the ship on which Adams sailed to Europe?
13. What does Adams do when the ship is beached for repairs in Spain?
(a) Waits for the repairs to be finished
(b) Stays in Spain to take Spanish lessons
(c) Hires another ship
(d) Sets off on foot
14. Who was reputed to be the wisest and most influential member of the Continental Congress?
(a) Samuel Adams
(b) Thomas Jefferson
(c) John Adams
(d) Benjamin Franklin
15. Which was the only element of the Adamses house not in need of desperate tending?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Adams believe of the men gathered with him in Philadelphia?
2. What does Adams call Benjamin Franklin after Franklin attempts to muddy Adams' reputation?
3. What precipitates the British leaving Boston Harbor in 1776?
4. What did Adams do in May of 1782?
5. What did Adams call Abigail in addition to being a choice wife?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)