|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. References to what subject were removed from the declaration?
2. What precipitates Abigail's sailing to London?
(a) She and John are going on a second honeymoon
(b) John is ill and needs her
(c) John is appointed Ambassador to the British Court
(d) She wants Nabby to have an English education
3. What is the name of Abigail's sister with whom she shares her innermost feelings?
(a) Marie Cranston
(b) Mary Cranston
(c) Emma Cranch
(d) Mary Cranch
4. What did Adams believe of the men gathered with him in Philadelphia?
(a) They wanted to declare war on France
(b) They were interested primarily in entertainment events
(c) They were mental midgets
(d) Their minds were unsurpassed by an in history
5. Why is Abigail especially melancholy by another one of John's absences?
(a) The kids are all sick
(b) She must educate the children on her own
(c) They are short on provisions
(d) She is pregnant
6. What is Novangelus?
(a) The New Englander
(b) The New Angel
(c) The New Geometry
(d) The November Sun
7. Which American envoy disliked both Adams and Franklin?
(a) William Pierce
(b) Arthur Lee
(c) Silas Deane
(d) Edward Biddle
8. Where was John Adams born?
(a) Braintree, Massachusetts
(b) Groton, Massachusetts
(c) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
(d) Cambridge, Massachusetts
9. What was a critical step for the new country?
(a) Come up with a name
(b) Decide on a king
(c) Decide the country's capital
(d) Build a regular army
10. To what town does Adams move his family in 1771?
11. Who accompanies Adams to England?
(a) Johnny and Charles
12. How long did it take for the Declaration of Independence document to be printed for signatures?
(a) 1 week
(b) 1 day
(c) 1 month
(d) 1 hour
13. What serious illness strikes Adams during his time in Holland?
(a) Nervous fever
(c) Chicken Pox
(d) Swine flu
14. What did the people of Boston call an event where five citizens were killed by British soldiers?
(a) The last insult
(b) The Boston Massacre
(c) The final straw
(d) A case for vengeance
15. What morbid premonition of Abigail's comes true in July of 1777?
(a) She delivers a stillborn daughter
(b) Her sister dies
(c) Their home is torched
(d) John is taken prisoner
Short Answer Questions
1. What was an important topic of debate related to the Articles of Confederation?
2. Who is appointed as Adams' official secretary?
3. What does John find it difficult to do when writing to Abigail?
4. To what city does Adams move his family in 1768?
5. What was the main method of communication between John and Abigail?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)