|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Te Deum?
(a) A dance
(b) An opera
(c) A religious service
(d) A French food
2. Who was reputed to be the wisest and most influential member of the Continental Congress?
(a) Thomas Jefferson
(b) John Adams
(c) Benjamin Franklin
(d) Samuel Adams
3. What does Adams vow after the signing of the document?
(a) To go back to practicing law
(b) To move to Europe
(c) To learn to speak as many foreign languages as possible
(d) To never be away from Abigail that long again
4. What is the name of John Adams' wife?
5. Who took over for Benjamin Franklin as minister to France?
(a) Samuel Adams
(b) Thomas Jefferson
(c) George Washington
(d) John Hancock
6. What did Adams think of the men gathered with him in Philadelphia?
(a) They were mental midgets
(b) They wanted to declare war on France
(c) They were interested primarily in entertainment events
(d) Their minds were unsurpassed by an in history
7. What British officer did Adams and Franklin travel to meet?
(a) Admiral Brattleboro
(b) Admiral Lord Howe
(c) Major John Andre
(d) Major-General William Phillips
8. To what position is Adams appointed in October of 1778?
(a) Admiral of the Navy
(b) Commander in Chief of the Army
(c) Minister Plenipotentiary to England
(d) Prime Minister
9. With whom does Abigail become good friends while in Paris?
(a) Marie Antoinette
(b) Debbie Franklin
(c) The wife of the Marquis de Lafayette
(d) Martha Jefferson
10. To what position does Congress appoint Franklin in September of 1778?
(a) Prime Minister
(b) Secretary of the Treasury
(c) Secretary of State
(d) Minister Plenipotentiary to France
11. What was the assumed British knowledge about Adams?
(a) He was powerless
(b) He would be hanged
(c) He would be District Attorney
(d) He would be president
12. Who accompanies Adams to England?
(c) Johnny and Charles
13. What did Adams call Abigail in addition to being a choice wife?
(a) A linguist
(b) A stateswoman
(c) An herbalist
(d) A physician
14. Who summons Adams to Paris to sign a peace treaty?
(a) Arthur Eames
(b) John Jay
(c) Thomas Jefferson
(d) Benjamin Franklin
15. Who did Adams say depended on Congress' decision to split from England?
(a) His family
(b) New England
(c) Unborn generations
(d) His church
Short Answer Questions
1. References to what subject were removed from the declaration?
2. Who is appointed as Adams' official secretary?
3. Which French Minister favored Franklin to Adams?
4. How old was Benjamin Franklin at the time of the Second Continental Congress?
5. What is ultimately signed on September 3, 1783?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)