|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is appointed as Adams' official secretary?
(a) Pierce Marshall
(b) Franklin Bache
(c) Thomas Jefferson
(d) Francis Dana
2. What precipitates the British leaving Boston Harbor in 1776?
(a) Illness is running rampant
(b) The Battle of Bunker Hill
(c) The king has recalled them
(d) They ran out of tea
3. What is the name of Jefferson's Virginia home?
(c) Mont Verde
(d) Belle Monde
4. Who did Adams say depended on Congress' decision to split from England?
(a) His family
(b) His church
(c) Unborn generations
(d) New England
5. What did the members of Congress feel about Adams?
(a) He was not intellectual
(b) He was a major irritant
(c) He was the first among them
(d) He was too provincial
6. Who is put in charge of the Adamses financial affairs?
(a) Benjamin Blackstone, Esq.
(b) Dr. Cotton Tufts
(c) Rev. John Higham
(d) Dr. Henry Rush
7. Which of the Americans was the first to sign the Treaty of Paris?
(a) Benjamin Franklin
(b) Thomas Jefferson
(c) John Adams
(d) Henry Laurens
8. To what city does Adams go to attend another session of Congress?
9. What did Abigail call John when his letters lost their romantic ardor?
(a) An igloo
(b) A frozen Laplander
(c) An ice chunk
(d) A north wind
10. What was the name of the ship on which Adams sailed to Europe?
11. When was the Boston Tea Party?
(a) January 1774
(b) December 1773
(c) December 1774
(d) October 1774
12. In what Paris suburb did the Adamses find a house for their stay in France?
13. When was the last signature affixed to the Declaration of Independence?
(a) July 1776
(b) August 1776
(c) January 1777
(d) November 1776
14. Who crafted the words of the Declaration of Independence?
(a) John Adams
(b) John Hancock
(c) Benjamin Franklin
(d) Thomas Jefferson
15. What was one of the objectives of the Second Continental Congress?
(a) Declare a king for the United States
(b) Vote for a new President of the United States
(c) Compose a "Declaration of Independency"
(d) Declare war on France
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Te Deum?
2. What made Jefferson decide to accept a position in Paris?
3. Which American envoy disliked both Adams and Franklin?
4. What was the name of the ship that took Abigail and Nabby to England?
5. In what year does the book begin?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)