|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to congress, how long should judges serve?
(a) 10 years
(b) For life
(c) 15 years
(d) 4 years
2. At what age did John Adams enter Harvard University?
3. How long did Adams remain in Philadelphia?
(a) 2 weeks
(b) 2 days
(c) 2 years
(d) 2 months
4. With whom does Abigail become good friends while in Paris?
(a) Debbie Franklin
(b) The wife of the Marquis de Lafayette
(c) Martha Jefferson
(d) Marie Antoinette
5. In what year is the Second Continental Congress held?
6. How long did it take for letters to cross the Atlantic?
(a) 6 months
(b) 4 months
(c) 2 months
(d) 3 months
7. What does Adams call Benjamin Franklin after Franklin attempts to muddy Adams' reputation?
(a) The Philanderer
(b) The Old Conjurer
(c) The Imposter
(d) The Village Idiot
8. Who crafted the words of the Declaration of Independence?
(a) John Hancock
(b) Thomas Jefferson
(c) Benjamin Franklin
(d) John Adams
9. ___________________ wrote that "These are the times that try men's souls."
(a) Benjamin Franklin
(b) Samuel Adams
(c) Thomas Paine
(d) George Washington
10. What morbid premonition of Abigail's comes true in July of 1777?
(a) Their home is torched
(b) Her sister dies
(c) She delivers a stillborn daughter
(d) John is taken prisoner
11. How long did it take for the Declaration of Independence document to be printed for signatures?
(a) 1 week
(b) 1 day
(c) 1 hour
(d) 1 month
12. What is the name of John Adams' wife?
13. What is ultimately signed on September 3, 1783?
(a) Dutch Amnesty Resolution
(b) Olive Branch Resolution
(c) The Declaration of Independence
(d) The Treaty of Paris
14. What made Jefferson decide to accept a position in Paris?
(a) Passion for learning new things
(b) Boredom at home
(c) A drive to serve his country
(d) The death of his wife
15. How many votes were necessary to declare independence?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what position is Adams appointed in October of 1778?
2. Which American envoy was sending secret messages to London?
3. Who is put in charge of the Adamses financial affairs?
4. From which country did the United States hope to receive military aid?
5. What precipitates Abigail's sailing to London?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)