|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Abigail's sister with whom she shares her innermost feelings?
(a) Marie Cranston
(b) Mary Cranston
(c) Mary Cranch
(d) Emma Cranch
2. With whom does Abigail become good friends while in Paris?
(a) The wife of the Marquis de Lafayette
(b) Debbie Franklin
(c) Martha Jefferson
(d) Marie Antoinette
3. How many votes were necessary to declare independence?
4. Who was reputed to be the wisest and most influential member of the Continental Congress?
(a) Samuel Adams
(b) Thomas Jefferson
(c) John Adams
(d) Benjamin Franklin
5. Where are John Adams and John Bass going as the book begins?
(a) To France
(b) To a town meeting
(c) To church
(d) To visit George Washington
6. Who was the captain of the ship taking Adams to Europe?
(a) Samuel Tucker
(b) Christopher Hall
(c) Dennis Mullis
(d) Marvin Peavey
7. Why did John Adams go to Philadelphia in 1774?
(a) To sign the Declaration of Independence
(b) To enroll his son in law school
(c) To attend the First Continental Congress
(d) To visit his cousin
8. What did Abigail call John when his letters lost their romantic ardor?
(a) A north wind
(b) An ice chunk
(c) A frozen Laplander
(d) An igloo
9. Whose friendship is especially valued by both John and Abigail?
(a) Marie Antoinette
(b) Benjamin Franklin
(c) Thomas Jefferson
(d) Marquis de Lafayette
10. To what position is Adams appointed?
(a) Commander in Chief of the Army
(b) Attorney General
(c) Secretary of the Navy
(d) Commissioner to France
11. Who accompanies Adams to England?
(c) Johnny and Charles
12. What appears to be Adams' only joy during this difficult period?
(a) John Quincy
(b) Learning Dutch
(d) Traveling around Holland
13. What did Adams do in May of 1782?
(a) Resigned his post in Holland
(b) Traveled to Russia
(c) Returned home to Abigail
(d) Raised the American flag at the first U.S. embassy in the world
14. In what year does this chapter begin?
15. What does Adams call Benjamin Franklin after Franklin attempts to muddy Adams' reputation?
(a) The Old Conjurer
(b) The Village Idiot
(c) The Philanderer
(d) The Imposter
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Adams call Abigail in addition to being a choice wife?
2. In what city was the Declaration of Independence approved?
3. What morbid premonition of Abigail's comes true in July of 1777?
4. What event causes Congress to flee from Philadelphia?
5. Who is appointed as Adams' official secretary?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)