|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What precipitates Abigail's sailing to London?
(a) John is ill and needs her
(b) John is appointed Ambassador to the British Court
(c) She wants Nabby to have an English education
(d) She and John are going on a second honeymoon
2. The congress voted that there should be how many legislative bodies in the new government?
3. What precipitates the British leaving Boston Harbor in 1776?
(a) Illness is running rampant
(b) The king has recalled them
(c) The Battle of Bunker Hill
(d) They ran out of tea
4. What did the people of Boston call an event where five citizens were killed by British soldiers?
(a) The last insult
(b) A case for vengeance
(c) The Boston Massacre
(d) The final straw
5. What does John find it difficult to do when writing to Abigail?
(a) Ending each letter
(b) Tell her he is staying longer
(c) Betraying his melancholy
(d) Professing his love
6. In what city was the Declaration of Independence approved?
(d) New York
7. Who drafted the first rules and regulations for the U.S. Navy during this time?
(a) John Adams
(b) William Pierce
(c) Edward Biddle
(d) Thomas Jefferson
8. Which of the Americans was the first to sign the Treaty of Paris?
(a) Henry Laurens
(b) Thomas Jefferson
(c) Benjamin Franklin
(d) John Adams
9. What was an important topic of debate related to the Articles of Confederation?
10. How old was Benjamin Franklin at the time of the Second Continental Congress?
11. How long did Adams remain in Philadelphia?
(a) 2 years
(b) 2 months
(c) 2 days
(d) 2 weeks
12. Where was the boarding school in which Adams enrolled his sons located?
13. Who did Adams say depended on Congress' decision to split from England?
(a) His church
(b) His family
(c) Unborn generations
(d) New England
14. What is the name of Jefferson's Virginia home?
(b) Mont Verde
(c) Belle Monde
15. What did Adams believe of the men gathered with him in Philadelphia?
(a) They were mental midgets
(b) They were interested primarily in entertainment events
(c) They wanted to declare war on France
(d) Their minds were unsurpassed by an in history
Short Answer Questions
1. For what attribute of his does Adams thank God?
2. How many votes were necessary to declare independence?
3. What is the name of the ship taking the Adamses to France in 1779?
4. In what year is the Second Continental Congress held?
5. What does Adams do when the ship is beached for repairs in Spain?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)