|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the people of Boston call an event where five citizens were killed by British soldiers?
(a) The final straw
(b) The Boston Massacre
(c) A case for vengeance
(d) The last insult
2. What does Adams call Benjamin Franklin after Franklin attempts to muddy Adams' reputation?
(a) The Old Conjurer
(b) The Philanderer
(c) The Village Idiot
(d) The Imposter
3. What morbid premonition of Abigail's comes true in July of 1777?
(a) Their home is torched
(b) Her sister dies
(c) John is taken prisoner
(d) She delivers a stillborn daughter
4. Why is Abigail especially melancholy by another one of John's absences?
(a) She must educate the children on her own
(b) The kids are all sick
(c) They are short on provisions
(d) She is pregnant
5. What area did John Adams choose for his profession?
6. Which of the Americans was the first to sign the Treaty of Paris?
(a) Benjamin Franklin
(b) John Adams
(c) Henry Laurens
(d) Thomas Jefferson
7. In what location does the book begin?
(c) New England
8. Whose friendship is especially valued by both John and Abigail?
(a) Benjamin Franklin
(b) Marie Antoinette
(c) Thomas Jefferson
(d) Marquis de Lafayette
9. In what year does this chapter begin?
10. In what year was John Adams born?
11. What precipitates the British leaving Boston Harbor in 1776?
(a) The Battle of Bunker Hill
(b) They ran out of tea
(c) Illness is running rampant
(d) The king has recalled them
12. At what age did John Adams enter Harvard University?
13. What precipitates Abigail's sailing to London?
(a) John is ill and needs her
(b) She and John are going on a second honeymoon
(c) John is appointed Ambassador to the British Court
(d) She wants Nabby to have an English education
14. What does Congress appoint Franklin in September of 1778?
(a) Prime Minister
(b) Secretary of the Treasury
(c) Secretary of State
(d) Minister Plenipotentiary to France
15. How long did Adams remain in Philadelphia?
(a) 2 days
(b) 2 years
(c) 2 weeks
(d) 2 months
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drafted the first rules and regulations for the U.S. Navy during this time?
2. How many votes were necessary to declare independence?
3. When did Abigail and Nabby arrive in London?
4. What major disease was running rampant in 1776?
5. Who helps Adams become acclimated to living in Paris?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)