|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adams do when the ship is beached for repairs in Spain?
(a) Hires another ship
(b) Sets off on foot
(c) Waits for the repairs to be finished
(d) Stays in Spain to take Spanish lessons
2. To what country does John Quincy go as a secretary?
3. Where was the boarding school in which Adams enrolled his sons located?
4. On what day was the Declaration of Independence approved?
(a) July 1, 1776
(b) July 4, 1776
(c) July 5, 1776
(d) July 4, 1775
5. Why did John Adams go to Philadelphia in 1774?
(a) To attend the First Continental Congress
(b) To sign the Declaration of Independence
(c) To visit his cousin
(d) To enroll his son in law school
6. Who defended the British soldiers accused of killing the British citizens?
(a) Samuel Adams
(b) Thomas Paine
(c) Thomas Jefferson
(d) John Adams
7. In what Paris suburb did the Adamses find a house for their stay in France?
8. What morbid premonition of Abigail's comes true in July of 1777?
(a) Their home is torched
(b) John is taken prisoner
(c) Her sister dies
(d) She delivers a stillborn daughter
9. What was the assumed British knowledge about Adams?
(a) He would be District Attorney
(b) He was powerless
(c) He would be president
(d) He would be hanged
10. For what attribute of his does Adams thank God?
11. Where was John Adams born?
(a) Groton, Massachusetts
(b) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
(c) Braintree, Massachusetts
(d) Cambridge, Massachusetts
12. What is the name of the ship taking the Adamses to France in 1779?
13. What made Jefferson decide to accept a position in Paris?
(a) The death of his wife
(b) Boredom at home
(c) Passion for learning new things
(d) A drive to serve his country
14. To what country does Adams move to seek financial aid?
15. What was the core message of Adam's "Braintree Instructions"?
(a) How to plant a field
(b) How to publish a book
(c) No taxation without representation
(d) How to become a lawyer
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Abigail especially melancholy by another one of John's absences?
2. How many votes were necessary to declare independence?
3. Who crafted the words of the Declaration of Independence?
4. Which of the Americans was the first to sign the Treaty of Paris?
5. What event occurred in May of 1765 that enraged the colonists?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)