|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the boarding school in which Adams enrolled his sons located?
2. In what location does the book begin?
(b) New England
3. How old was Benjamin Franklin at the time of the Second Continental Congress?
4. Who defended the British soldiers accused of killing the British citizens?
(a) Samuel Adams
(b) John Adams
(c) Thomas Paine
(d) Thomas Jefferson
5. What major disease was running rampant in 1776?
(a) Bubonic plague
6. "Glorious news" of what event arrives while Adams is in Holland?
(a) The French Revolution is over
(b) The British surrender at Yorktown
(c) Abigail has given birth to another son
(d) Congress has released funds for the army
7. To what town does Adams move his family in 1771?
8. What was an important topic of debate related to the Articles of Confederation?
9. In what Paris suburb did the Adamses find a house for their stay in France?
10. Why did John Adams go to Philadelphia in 1774?
(a) To visit his cousin
(b) To sign the Declaration of Independence
(c) To attend the First Continental Congress
(d) To enroll his son in law school
11. Who accompanied Adams to France?
(a) Abigail Adams
(b) John Quincy Adams
(c) Nabby Adams
(d) Charles Adams
12. What was the assumed British knowledge about Adams?
(a) He would be president
(b) He would be hanged
(c) He was powerless
(d) He would be District Attorney
13. Why did Abigail think the Southern delegates were hypocritical?
(a) They wanted freedom from England but still kept women dependent
(b) They were working for freedom of the United States but still owned slaves
(c) They wanted a voting system but would not let women vote
(d) They talked about freedom of religion but restricted their parishes
14. What was the name of the ship that took Abigail and Nabby to England?
15. At what location are Washington's troops fighting the invading British troops in August 1776?
(a) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. The congress voted that there should be how many legislative bodies in the new government?
2. ___________________ wrote that "These are the times that try men's souls."
3. What did Adams do in May of 1782?
4. What did Adams believe of the men gathered with him in Philadelphia?
5. On what day was the Declaration of Independence approved?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)