|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what did John Quincy attribute the fact that Jefferson and his father died on the same day?
(a) A tribute to freedom
(b) The power of the human spirit
(c) Divine favor toward the U.S.
(d) A tremendous bond between friends
2. "Glorious news" of what event arrives while Adams is in Holland?
(a) Abigail has given birth to another son
(b) The British surrender at Yorktown
(c) The French Revolution is over
(d) Congress has released funds for the army
3. What was one of the objectives of the Second Continental Congress?
(a) Vote for a new President of the United States
(b) Declare war on France
(c) Compose a "Declaration of Independency"
(d) Declare a king for the United States
4. How does Adams now occupy his time?
(a) Campaigning for president
(b) As a farmer
(c) Studying medicine
(d) Studying law
5. Who do Abigail and Nabby encounter in Boston?
(a) Thomas Jefferson, Martha Jefferson and James Hemings
(b) George and Martha Washington
(c) Benjamin and Debbie Franklin
(d) Charles Adams
Short Answer Questions
1. What precipitates Abigail's sailing to London?
2. Who did Washington choose to help organize the new army?
3. What is the name of the Adams family farm in Quincy?
4. Why was Adams so pleased with John Quincy's appointment as Secretary of State?
5. What topic did Jefferson refuse to debate with Adams?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)