|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the pamphlet written by Thomas Paine?
(a) The Common Man
(b) It Just Makes Sense
(c) A Common Cause
(d) Common Sense
2. Who do Abigail and Nabby encounter in Boston?
(a) Charles Adams
(b) Benjamin and Debbie Franklin
(c) George and Martha Washington
(d) Thomas Jefferson, Martha Jefferson and James Hemings
3. What is ultimately signed on September 3, 1783?
(a) Dutch Amnesty Resolution
(b) The Declaration of Independence
(c) The Treaty of Paris
(d) Olive Branch Resolution
4. What does Adams call Washington in a letter written a year earlier that surfaces and is printed in a newspaper?
5. The congress voted that there should be how many legislative bodies in the new government?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Congress appoint Franklin in September of 1778?
2. What is the one thing that Adams does not like about Paris?
3. To what country does John Quincy go as a secretary?
4. What was the core message of Adam's "Braintree Instructions"?
5. How long had Adams lived overseas at the time he returns home in 1788?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)