|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was John Adams born?
(a) Braintree, Massachusetts
(b) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
(c) Groton, Massachusetts
(d) Cambridge, Massachusetts
2. What did the people of Boston call an event where five citizens were killed by British soldiers?
(a) The last insult
(b) The Boston Massacre
(c) A case for vengeance
(d) The final straw
3. What was the pamphlet written by Thomas Paine?
(a) It Just Makes Sense
(b) A Common Cause
(c) Common Sense
(d) The Common Man
4. What event occurred in May of 1765 that enraged the colonists?
(a) The Stamp Act
(b) The Olive Branch Document
(c) The Boston Tea Party
(d) The French and Indian War
5. Why did Benjamin Franklin go to Canada during this time?
(a) To determine if Canda would become the 14th colony
(b) To go hunting
(c) To see family members
(d) To intervene in the French and Indian War
Short Answer Questions
1. From which country did the United States hope to receive military aid?
2. What is Novangelus?
3. In what location does the book begin?
4. Why did Abigail think the Southern delegates were hypocritical?
5. On what day was the Declaration of Independence approved?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)