|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Adams remain in Philadelphia?
(a) 2 days
(b) 2 weeks
(c) 2 years
(d) 2 months
2. What was the core message of Adam's "Braintree Instructions"?
(a) How to plant a field
(b) No taxation without representation
(c) How to become a lawyer
(d) How to publish a book
3. What was one of the objectives of the Second Continental Congress?
(a) Compose a "Declaration of Independency"
(b) Declare war on France
(c) Vote for a new President of the United States
(d) Declare a king for the United States
4. What did the people of Boston call an event where five citizens were killed by British soldiers?
(a) The final straw
(b) A case for vengeance
(c) The Boston Massacre
(d) The last insult
5. Why did John Adams go to Philadelphia in 1774?
(a) To visit his cousin
(b) To enroll his son in law school
(c) To attend the First Continental Congress
(d) To sign the Declaration of Independence
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Benjamin Franklin at the time of the Second Continental Congress?
2. With whom do Adams and George Washington meet in January of 1776?
3. What did Adams believe of the men gathered with him in Philadelphia?
4. Where was John Adams born?
5. Who defended the British soldiers accused of killing the British citizens?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)