|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Adams call Abigail in addition to being a choice wife?
(a) A stateswoman
(b) A linguist
(c) A physician
(d) An herbalist
2. What was the Olive Branch Petition?
(a) A document sent to France to avoid war
(b) A document petitioning the delegates to behave civilly
(c) A document aimed at reconciliation with Britain
(d) A new ruling by the Supreme Court
3. Why did John Adams go to Philadelphia in 1774?
(a) To enroll his son in law school
(b) To visit his cousin
(c) To sign the Declaration of Independence
(d) To attend the First Continental Congress
4. In what year does the book begin?
5. According to congress, how long should judges serve?
(a) 15 years
(b) 4 years
(c) For life
(d) 10 years
Short Answer Questions
1. The congress voted that there should be how many legislative bodies in the new government?
2. What precipitates the British leaving Boston Harbor in 1776?
3. What was the core message of Adam's "Braintree Instructions"?
4. In what year is the Second Continental Congress held?
5. What event occurred in May of 1765 that enraged the colonists?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)