|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The congress voted that there should be how many legislative bodies in the new government?
2. What was the Olive Branch Petition?
(a) A document aimed at reconciliation with Britain
(b) A new ruling by the Supreme Court
(c) A document petitioning the delegates to behave civilly
(d) A document sent to France to avoid war
3. In what location does the book begin?
(a) New England
4. What did the people of Boston call an event where five citizens were killed by British soldiers?
(a) The final straw
(b) The last insult
(c) A case for vengeance
(d) The Boston Massacre
5. Which of the delegates led a movement to reconcile with England?
(a) John Penn
(b) John Hancock
(c) Thomas Jefferson
(d) John Dickinson
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Benjamin Franklin go to Canada during this time?
2. What was one of the objectives of the Second Continental Congress?
3. Who drafted the first rules and regulations for the U.S. Navy during this time?
4. What did Adams call Abigail in addition to being a choice wife?
5. What is the name of John Adams' wife?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)