|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Abigail call John when his letters lost their romantic ardor?
(a) A frozen Laplander
(b) An igloo
(c) An ice chunk
(d) A north wind
2. Why did John Adams go to Philadelphia in 1774?
(a) To visit his cousin
(b) To sign the Declaration of Independence
(c) To enroll his son in law school
(d) To attend the First Continental Congress
3. What was Adams' role during the debate for independence on July 1, 1776?
(a) Principal orator
(b) Legal counsel
(d) Sergeant at arms
4. What British officer did Adams and Franklin travel to meet?
(a) Major-General William Phillips
(b) Major John Andre
(c) Admiral Brattleboro
(d) Admiral Lord Howe
5. What event causes Congress to flee from Philadelphia?
(a) A smallpox epidemic
(b) The Battle of Saratoga
(c) The Battle of Brandywine Creek
(d) The Battle of Bunker Hill
Short Answer Questions
1. Who crafted the words of the Declaration of Independence?
2. Who accompanies Adams to England?
3. In what year does this chapter begin?
4. Why is Abigail especially melancholy by another one of John's absences?
5. Where was John Adams born?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)