|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did John Adams go to Philadelphia in 1774?
(a) To sign the Declaration of Independence
(b) To enroll his son in law school
(c) To visit his cousin
(d) To attend the First Continental Congress
2. Why did Abigail think the Southern delegates were hypocritical?
(a) They talked about freedom of religion but restricted their parishes
(b) They wanted a voting system but would not let women vote
(c) They wanted freedom from England but still kept women dependent
(d) They were working for freedom of the United States but still owned slaves
3. What did Adams call Abigail in addition to being a choice wife?
(a) A linguist
(b) A stateswoman
(c) An herbalist
(d) A physician
4. What event occurred in May of 1765 that enraged the colonists?
(a) The Stamp Act
(b) The Boston Tea Party
(c) The French and Indian War
(d) The Olive Branch Document
5. How many votes were necessary to declare independence?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the captain of the ship taking Adams to Europe?
2. What was the main method of communication between John and Abigail?
3. Who helps Adams become acclimated to living in Paris?
4. When was the Boston Tea Party?
5. What was an important topic of debate related to the Articles of Confederation?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)