Part 1, Chapter 1
1. In what location does the book begin?
(d) New England
2. In what year does the book begin?
3. Where are John Adams and John Bass going as the book begins?
(a) To visit George Washington
(b) To France
(c) To a town meeting
(d) To church
4. Where was John Adams born?
(a) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
(b) Braintree, Massachusetts
(c) Cambridge, Massachusetts
(d) Groton, Massachusetts
5. In what year was John Adams born?
6. At what age did John Adams enter Harvard University?
7. What area did John Adams choose for his profession?
8. What is the name of John Adams' wife?
9. What event occurred in May of 1765 that enraged the colonists?
(a) The Boston Tea Party
(b) The French and Indian War
(c) The Stamp Act
(d) The Olive Branch Document
10. What was the core message of Adam's "Braintree Instructions"?
(a) How to plant a field
(b) No taxation without representation
(c) How to become a lawyer
(d) How to publish a book
This section contains 3,710 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)