Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Part 1, Chapter 1 Abstract
* John Adams was born in Braintree, Massachusetts, on October 30, 1735.
* Adams entered Harvard at 15, studied law and was admitted to the bar in 1759.
* Adams married Abigail Smith on October 25, 1764.
* The Adamses welcomed a daughter, Abigail (Nabby) in 1765 and a son, John Quincy, in 1767.
* The Stamp Act levied by the British on the colonies raised...
This section contains 1,408 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)