|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Joey's punishment remain in force after hurting a classmate?
2. Where is Joey told to get counseling?
3. Who does Joey hope to see while in Pittsburgh?
4. How does Mr. Preston feel about Joey's mother not coming to the appointment?
5. What advice does Joey get about moving forward?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ed say when Joey redials his mother's phone number compulsively on his first day at the new school?
2. What does Ed tell Joey when they first meet?
3. Why does Joey's mother cry the entire time she is talking with the principal about Joey's accident with Maria?
4. What does Joey realize during his first break at his new school?
5. What three things does Ed promise Joey will get from the new school he is attending?
6. Why does Joey say he wants a dog?
7. What does Joey gain from sneaking out with the gifted students when he has a substitute?
8. How did Joey's grandmother used to use his mother against him?
9. What did Joey used to do after his mother left him?
10. What was Joey doing just before he hurt one of his classmates?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened when Joey went to apologize to Maria, and why was this so surprising to Joey? How did this change his outlook on life and his condition?
Essay Topic 2
What does Joey learn from Ed, and how do these pieces of advice change his efforts to overcome his condition?
Essay Topic 3
What did Joey's dog symbolize, and why was it so important for Joey to get a dog?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)