|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joey go when he sneaks out of class when he has a substitute teacher?
2. What does Charlie do when Joey sits next to him?
3. What is May's sister's name?
4. Why does Joey hope to find the severed nose of his classmate?
5. What does Joey feel inspired to do after listening to Mrs. Cole?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joey's mother ask of Joey when they are sitting in the car eating their fast food?
2. What does Ed tell Joey when they first meet?
3. What secret does Joey share with the school nurse?
4. What does Ed say when Joey redials his mother's phone number compulsively on his first day at the new school?
5. Why does Joey's mother cry the entire time she is talking with the principal about Joey's accident with Maria?
6. What is Joey's first request at his new school, and what is Ed's response to this?
7. What did Joey used to do after his mother left him?
8. How did Joey's grandmother used to use his mother against him?
9. What negative thing does Ed say about Joey's mother?
10. What is Joey's punishment for hurting one of his classmates?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Joey's dog symbolize, and why was it so important for Joey to get a dog?
Essay Topic 2
How does ADHD affect this plot, and how has it changed Joey's life?
Essay Topic 3
Joey attends two different schools in this book. Please use citations from the text to compare these two schools, their methods, and their effects on Joey.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)