|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Joey told to get counseling?
2. What does the driver to Joey's new school call him?
3. What does Joey's mother get defensive about when he tells her what Ed said on his first day at the new school?
4. How does Joey tell his mother he felt during his first day at the new school?
5. How does Mr. Preston feel about Joey's mother not coming to the appointment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joey gain from sneaking out with the gifted students when he has a substitute?
2. What negative thing does Ed say about Joey's mother?
3. What does Ed say when Joey redials his mother's phone number compulsively on his first day at the new school?
4. What does Joey do when he needs a break at his new school?
5. What secret does Joey share with the school nurse?
6. Why does Joey say he wants a dog?
7. What did Joey used to do after his mother left him?
8. What does Joey do when he gets hyper on the bus?
9. What did Ms. Maxy do after the accident with another classmate that caused Joey's feelings to be hurt?
10. What is Joey's punishment for hurting one of his classmates?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
How does ADHD affect this plot, and how has it changed Joey's life?
Essay Topic 3
What did Joey's dog symbolize, and why was it so important for Joey to get a dog?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)