|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many presents does Joey get from his mother when he goes to his new school?
2. What does Joey's mother get defensive about when he tells her what Ed said on his first day at the new school?
3. What is Joey's mother's name?
4. Why does Joey hope to find the severed nose of his classmate?
5. Who does Joey sneak out of class with when he has a substitute teacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joey do when he needs a break at his new school?
2. How does Joey hurt another classmate?
3. What secret does Joey share with the school nurse?
4. What did Ms. Maxy do after the accident with another classmate that caused Joey's feelings to be hurt?
5. What does Joey realize during his first break at his new school?
6. What is Joey's first request at his new school, and what is Ed's response to this?
7. What is Joey's punishment for hurting one of his classmates?
8. What does Maria's father say about Joey's mother?
9. What does Joey gain from sneaking out with the gifted students when he has a substitute?
10. What does Ed say when Joey redials his mother's phone number compulsively on his first day at the new school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens in Pittsburgh, and why is this so substantial in Joey's life?
Essay Topic 2
What changes when Joey is given new medication, and why?
Essay Topic 3
How does ADHD affect this plot, and how has it changed Joey's life?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)