|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings Joey homework while he is at the new school?
2. Who does Joey have an appointment with on his second day at the new school?
3. Why does Mr. Preston think Joey is being abused?
4. How long does Joey's punishment remain in force after hurting a classmate?
5. What does Joey's mother do when she sees the dirty band aid Joey picks up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joey's mother say she was unable to come back to him sooner?
2. What does Joey do when he needs a break at his new school?
3. What do Joey and his mother do to entertain themselves on the trip to Pittsburgh?
4. What did Ms. Maxy do after the accident with another classmate that caused Joey's feelings to be hurt?
5. Why does Joey say he wants a dog?
6. What does Joey do when he gets hyper on the bus?
7. Why does Joey tell his mother about his past hurts while they are traveling to Pittsburgh?
8. What three things does Ed promise Joey will get from the new school he is attending?
9. What does Joey gain from sneaking out with the gifted students when he has a substitute?
10. Why does Joey go to Pittsburgh?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where does Joey get his hyper nature, and how does the knowledge of this affect Joey in his efforts to overcome his condition?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
What were the consequences of Fran's actions, and how did she feel about them by the end of the book?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)