|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Joey's mother see his bus off to the new school?
2. What does Joey try to replace the severed nose of his classmate with?
3. How does Joey get to Pittsburgh?
4. What does Ed say Joey's grandmother did to cause him problems?
5. What does Charlie do when Joey sits next to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joey gain from sneaking out with the gifted students when he has a substitute?
2. What is Joey's first request at his new school, and what is Ed's response to this?
3. Why does Joey tell his mother about his past hurts while they are traveling to Pittsburgh?
4. What does Maria's father say about Joey's mother?
5. What three things does Ed promise Joey will get from the new school he is attending?
6. How does Joey hurt another classmate?
7. What does Ed say when Joey redials his mother's phone number compulsively on his first day at the new school?
8. What did Ms. Maxy do after the accident with another classmate that caused Joey's feelings to be hurt?
9. What do Joey and his mother do to entertain themselves on the trip to Pittsburgh?
10. How did Joey's grandmother used to use his mother against him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What changes when Joey is given new medication, and why?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
How does ADHD affect this plot, and how has it changed Joey's life?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)