|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey's mother do when she sees the dirty band aid Joey picks up?
2. What is May's sister's name?
3. What advice does Joey get about moving forward?
4. How does Joey try to make it up to Maria?
5. What does Joey do when Ed says his mother is part of his problem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joey gain from sneaking out with the gifted students when he has a substitute?
2. What three things does Ed promise Joey will get from the new school he is attending?
3. What was Joey doing just before he hurt one of his classmates?
4. Why does Joey's mother cry the entire time she is talking with the principal about Joey's accident with Maria?
5. What does Maria's father say about Joey's mother?
6. Why does Joey go to Pittsburgh?
7. Why does Joey's mother say she was unable to come back to him sooner?
8. What is Joey's first request at his new school, and what is Ed's response to this?
9. What does Joey do when he needs a break at his new school?
10. What negative thing does Ed say about Joey's mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does ADHD affect this plot, and how has it changed Joey's life?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of abuse did Joey face in his life, and how did this keep him from excelling in his life?
Essay Topic 3
What did Joey's dog symbolize, and why was it so important for Joey to get a dog?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)