|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey fear when he is on the bus to his first day at the new school?
2. Who brings Joey homework while he is at the new school?
3. What does the nutritionist say Joey needs more of?
4. How does Joey tell his mother he felt during his first day at the new school?
5. How does Joey try to make it up to Maria?
Essay Topic 1
What did Joey's dog symbolize, and why was it so important for Joey to get a dog?
Essay Topic 2
Ms. Maxy was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)