|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maria's father respond to Joey's attempts to make it up to Maria?
2. How does Joey's mother feel while he tells her what Ed said?
3. Why does Joey hope to find the severed nose of his classmate?
4. What does Joey's mother do when she sees the dirty band aid Joey picks up?
5. What does Ed say it is important for Joey to learn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three things does Ed promise Joey will get from the new school he is attending?
2. What negative thing does Ed say about Joey's mother?
3. What was Joey doing just before he hurt one of his classmates?
4. How did Joey's grandmother used to use his mother against him?
5. What does Joey do when he gets hyper on the bus?
6. What does Joey realize during his first break at his new school?
7. What is Joey's first request at his new school, and what is Ed's response to this?
8. What does Joey do when he needs a break at his new school?
9. Why does Joey tell his mother about his past hurts while they are traveling to Pittsburgh?
10. What secret does Joey share with the school nurse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Abandonment and Neglect was a major theme in this book. What are some of the main examples of this theme, and how did it affect the course of the plot.
Essay Topic 2
What were the consequences of Fran's actions, and how did she feel about them by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What happens in Pittsburgh, and why is this so substantial in Joey's life?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)