|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joey pick up a dirty band aid off the ground?
2. Who does Joey hope to see while in Pittsburgh?
3. What goal does Joey tell the school nurse about?
4. What is wrong with Charlie?
5. What is the name of the student Joey hurts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Joey doing just before he hurt one of his classmates?
2. What secret does Joey share with the school nurse?
3. What is Joey's punishment for hurting one of his classmates?
4. What does Joey's mother ask of Joey when they are sitting in the car eating their fast food?
5. What did Ms. Maxy do after the accident with another classmate that caused Joey's feelings to be hurt?
6. What do Joey and his mother do to entertain themselves on the trip to Pittsburgh?
7. Why does Joey's mother cry the entire time she is talking with the principal about Joey's accident with Maria?
8. What does Maria's father say about Joey's mother?
9. Why does Joey say he wants a dog?
10. What is Joey's first request at his new school, and what is Ed's response to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does ADHD affect this plot, and how has it changed Joey's life?
Essay Topic 2
Joey attends two different schools in this book. Please use citations from the text to compare these two schools, their methods, and their effects on Joey.
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)