|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey do when Ed says his mother is part of his problem?
2. What is Joey's mother's name?
3. What does Joey plan to make with his new slogan?
4. How does Joey get to Pittsburgh?
5. How does Mr. Preston feel about Joey's mother not coming to the appointment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joey gain from sneaking out with the gifted students when he has a substitute?
2. What do Joey and his mother do to entertain themselves on the trip to Pittsburgh?
3. What was Joey doing just before he hurt one of his classmates?
4. What is Joey's first request at his new school, and what is Ed's response to this?
5. Why does Joey's mother cry the entire time she is talking with the principal about Joey's accident with Maria?
6. What secret does Joey share with the school nurse?
7. What did Ms. Maxy do after the accident with another classmate that caused Joey's feelings to be hurt?
8. What three things does Ed promise Joey will get from the new school he is attending?
9. What does Ed say when Joey redials his mother's phone number compulsively on his first day at the new school?
10. Why does Joey's mother say she was unable to come back to him sooner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does ADHD affect this plot, and how has it changed Joey's life?
Essay Topic 2
What did Joey's dog symbolize, and why was it so important for Joey to get a dog?
Essay Topic 3
What happens in Pittsburgh, and why is this so substantial in Joey's life?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)