|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joey pick up a dirty band aid off the ground?
2. How does Joey get to Pittsburgh?
3. How many presents does Joey get from his mother when he goes to his new school?
4. What is May's sister's name?
5. What is Joey's mother's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ms. Maxy do after the accident with another classmate that caused Joey's feelings to be hurt?
2. What does Joey's mother ask of Joey when they are sitting in the car eating their fast food?
3. How does Joey hurt another classmate?
4. What does Joey do when he gets hyper on the bus?
5. What three things does Ed promise Joey will get from the new school he is attending?
6. Why does Joey tell his mother about his past hurts while they are traveling to Pittsburgh?
7. What did Joey used to do after his mother left him?
8. Why does Joey go to Pittsburgh?
9. Why does Joey's mother cry the entire time she is talking with the principal about Joey's accident with Maria?
10. What is Joey's first request at his new school, and what is Ed's response to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Abandonment and Neglect was a major theme in this book. What are some of the main examples of this theme, and how did it affect the course of the plot.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)