|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joey go when he sneaks out of class when he has a substitute teacher?
2. How does Maria's father respond to Joey's attempts to make it up to Maria?
3. Who does Joey have an appointment with on his second day at the new school?
4. What does Joey try to replace the severed nose of his classmate with?
5. What does Ed say it is important for Joey to learn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Where does Joey get his hyper nature, and how does the knowledge of this affect Joey in his efforts to overcome his condition?
Essay Topic 3
What did Joey's dog symbolize, and why was it so important for Joey to get a dog?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)