|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What goal does Joey tell the school nurse about?
2. What advice does Joey get about moving forward?
3. Where does Joey go when he sneaks out of class when he has a substitute teacher?
4. What is Ed's occupation?
5. What is wrong with May?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joey's mother cry the entire time she is talking with the principal about Joey's accident with Maria?
2. What secret does Joey share with the school nurse?
3. What does Joey gain from sneaking out with the gifted students when he has a substitute?
4. What is Joey's punishment for hurting one of his classmates?
5. Why does Joey go to Pittsburgh?
6. What do Joey and his mother do to entertain themselves on the trip to Pittsburgh?
7. What three things does Ed promise Joey will get from the new school he is attending?
8. Why does Joey tell his mother about his past hurts while they are traveling to Pittsburgh?
9. What is Joey's first request at his new school, and what is Ed's response to this?
10. How did Joey's grandmother used to use his mother against him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Abandonment and Neglect was a major theme in this book. What are some of the main examples of this theme, and how did it affect the course of the plot.
Essay Topic 3
Where does Joey get his hyper nature, and how does the knowledge of this affect Joey in his efforts to overcome his condition?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)