|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey see when he sneaks out of class when he has a substitute teacher?
2. What is Mrs. Cole's occupation?
3. Why is Joey sent to Pittsburgh?
4. Where does Joey go when he sneaks out of class when he has a substitute teacher?
5. Where is Joey told to get counseling?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Joey's grandmother used to use his mother against him?
2. What do Joey and his mother do to entertain themselves on the trip to Pittsburgh?
3. What was Joey doing just before he hurt one of his classmates?
4. What does Joey gain from sneaking out with the gifted students when he has a substitute?
5. What negative thing does Ed say about Joey's mother?
6. What did Joey used to do after his mother left him?
7. What does Ed say when Joey redials his mother's phone number compulsively on his first day at the new school?
8. What did Ms. Maxy do after the accident with another classmate that caused Joey's feelings to be hurt?
9. What does Maria's father say about Joey's mother?
10. What does Joey realize during his first break at his new school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where does Joey get his hyper nature, and how does the knowledge of this affect Joey in his efforts to overcome his condition?
Essay Topic 2
What were the consequences of Fran's actions, and how did she feel about them by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Joey's mother endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)