|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joey describe his grandmother's house?
2. Where is Joey sent when he is unable to retrieve his swallowed key?
3. What does Joey's mother have to do before talking to Joey the day he forgets his key?
4. Who do the teachers have a meeting with to discuss handling Joey?
5. Where is Joey sent after the key incident?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret does Joey share with the school nurse?
2. What does Joey do when he gets hyper on the bus?
3. What are some of the ways Joey's grandmother was physically abusive?
4. What kind of people does Joey's mother say she likes best?
5. Why does Joey say he depends on his mother?
6. What does Joey sense from the mothers in the Special Education room?
7. What does Joey do when he gets bored with the Big Quiet Chair?
8. Why does Joey say he wants a dog?
9. Why does Joey tell his mother about his past hurts while they are traveling to Pittsburgh?
10. What good things does Joey say comes from his hyperactivity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of abuse did Joey face in his life, and how did this keep him from excelling in his life?
Essay Topic 3
What happened when Joey went to apologize to Maria, and why was this so surprising to Joey? How did this change his outlook on life and his condition?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)