|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Joey where his grandmother went when she left?
2. What does Joey do in his chair when he gets bored?
3. How does Joey describe his grandmother's house?
4. What is Mrs. Jarzab's occupation?
5. What is Joey given instead of the pie on the field trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joey ask his mother after Harold's party, and why?
2. Where does Joey think he got his hyperactivity from?
3. What is Joey given when he is denied a piece of pie?
4. How does Joey's mother find out about his first visit to the Special Education room?
5. What is Joey not allowed to do on the field trip, and why?
6. What does Joey do when he is put in the hall after being rude to his teacher?
7. What does Joey do when he gets bored with the Big Quiet Chair?
8. Why did Joey's grandmother choose to leave?
9. What does Joey's mother get upset about after Harold's party?
10. What does Joey say the worst abuse from his grandmother was?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where does Joey get his hyper nature, and how does the knowledge of this affect Joey in his efforts to overcome his condition?
Essay Topic 2
What does Joey learn from Ed, and how do these pieces of advice change his efforts to overcome his condition?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)