|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of teacher is Mrs. Howard?
2. Why is Joey's room painted pink?
3. What did Grandma used to pretend to be to please Joey?
4. Where did Joey's Grandmother go when she left?
5. Where are the class rules posted for Joey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joey's mother get upset about after Harold's party?
2. Why did Joey blow out Harold's candles?
3. How does Joey's mother find out about his first visit to the Special Education room?
4. What does Joey sense from the mothers in the Special Education room?
5. What does Joey wish he could be?
6. What does Joey do when he gets bored with the Big Quiet Chair?
7. What does Joey do with his key?
8. Why does Joey say he depends on his mother?
9. Who was Joey abandoned by early in his life?
10. Why did Joey's grandmother choose to leave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Joey learn from Ed, and how do these pieces of advice change his efforts to overcome his condition?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What happens in Pittsburgh, and why is this so substantial in Joey's life?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)