|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey like to pretend strings in the doorways are?
2. How does Joey usually retrieve his key after swallowing it?
3. How did Joey sprain his ankle on the field trip?
4. Why does Joey's mother allow him to run around before school?
5. What is Joey told to do when he throws a knife during pumpkin carving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joey do when he needs a break at his new school?
2. What does Maria's father say about Joey's mother?
3. What do Joey and his mother do to entertain themselves on the trip to Pittsburgh?
4. What did Joey's mother do when her husband left?
5. What three things does Ed promise Joey will get from the new school he is attending?
6. What kind of people does Joey's mother say she likes best?
7. What does Joey sense from the mothers in the Special Education room?
8. What big change comes for Charlie at the end of the book?
9. What does Joey ask his mother after Harold's party, and why?
10. Why does Joey go to Pittsburgh?
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
What happens in Pittsburgh, and why is this so substantial in Joey's life?
Essay Topic 3
How does ADHD affect this plot, and how has it changed Joey's life?
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)