|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Joey sent after the key incident?
2. Why is Joey's new medication not the best thing for him?
3. Which of the following is Joey told not to do at school?
4. What kind of pie does Joey see at the field trip?
5. When do the teachers have a meeting to discuss handling Joey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Joey think he got his hyperactivity from?
2. What does Joey do when he is put in the hall after being rude to his teacher?
3. Where did Joey's grandmother go, and how does she feel about it?
4. What does Joey do when he is asked to sharpen pencils?
5. What does Joey's mother get upset about after Harold's party?
6. What does Joey ask his mother after Harold's party, and why?
7. How does Joey's mother find out about his first visit to the Special Education room?
8. What does Joey wish he could be?
9. What does Joey sense from the mothers in the Special Education room?
10. What is Joey not allowed to do on the field trip, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Joey learn from Ed, and how do these pieces of advice change his efforts to overcome his condition?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
What were the consequences of Fran's actions, and how did she feel about them by the end of the book?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)