|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Grandma used to pretend to be to please Joey?
2. What does Joey's mother have to do before talking to Joey the day he forgets his key?
3. Who is having a party when Joey goes to Special Education the second time?
4. What medicine is Joey given when he swallows his key?
5. How does Joey usually retrieve his key after swallowing it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joey think his medication does not work?
2. What does Ms. Maxy tell Joey the problem with his plans is?
3. Why does Joey say he depends on his mother?
4. Why did Joey's grandmother choose to leave?
5. What does Joey do for his mother as her own medication?
6. What is Joey asked to do when he first goes to Special Education?
7. What does Joey ask his mother after Harold's party, and why?
8. What is Joey not allowed to do on the field trip, and why?
9. What good things does Joey say comes from his hyperactivity?
10. What does Joey wish he could be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where does Joey get his hyper nature, and how does the knowledge of this affect Joey in his efforts to overcome his condition?
Essay Topic 2
What happened when Joey went to apologize to Maria, and why was this so surprising to Joey? How did this change his outlook on life and his condition?
Essay Topic 3
Joey's mother endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)