|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joey wish people would see him?
2. Where does Joey take a field trip to?
3. How does Grandma express her hyperactivity?
4. Who helps get Joey's medication changed?
5. What is the name of Joey's teacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Joey not allowed to do on the field trip, and why?
2. What is Joey asked to do when he first goes to Special Education?
3. What does Joey do with his key?
4. What calmed Joey down while on the field trip?
5. What does Joey sense from the mothers in the Special Education room?
6. What does Joey wish he could be?
7. What does Joey do when he is asked to sharpen pencils?
8. What does Joey say the worst abuse from his grandmother was?
9. What does Joey do for his mother as her own medication?
10. What does Joey do when he gets bored with the Big Quiet Chair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where does Joey get his hyper nature, and how does the knowledge of this affect Joey in his efforts to overcome his condition?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Abandonment and Neglect was a major theme in this book. What are some of the main examples of this theme, and how did it affect the course of the plot.
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)