|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the teachers have a meeting with to discuss handling Joey?
2. Why is Joey's new medication not the best thing for him?
3. Who does Joey say he is dependent on?
4. Who is having a party when Joey goes to Special Education the second time?
5. How is Joey punished during the party in Special Education?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Joey's room partially painted pink?
2. Why did Joey blow out Harold's candles?
3. Why does Joey think his medication does not work?
4. What calmed Joey down while on the field trip?
5. What does Joey's mother get upset about after Harold's party?
6. What is Joey not allowed to do on the field trip, and why?
7. What does Joey say the worst abuse from his grandmother was?
8. What are some of the ways Joey's grandmother was physically abusive?
9. What does Joey do when he is put in the hall after being rude to his teacher?
10. What does Joey wish he could be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What changes when Joey is given new medication, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Ms. Maxy was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
What were the consequences of Fran's actions, and how did she feel about them by the end of the book?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)