Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Maxy say Joey might do someday if he can't control himself?
2. What question does Joey ask his mother when she gets home the day he forgets his key?
3. How is Joey punished during the party in Special Education?
4. What is Mrs. Jarzab's occupation?
5. What does Joey play with after being rude to his teacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joey hurt another classmate?
2. How does Joey's mother find out about his first visit to the Special Education room?
3. What does Ed say when Joey redials his mother's phone number compulsively on his first day at the new school?
4. Who was Joey abandoned by early in his life?
5. What does Maria's father say about Joey's mother?
6. Why does Joey feel that he and his new dog were meant to be together?
7. What does Joey's mother ask of Joey when they are sitting in the car eating their fast food?
8. What does Joey wish he could be?
9. What does Joey do with his key?
10. What does Joey realize during his first break at his new school?
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
What inspired Joey to make the world a better place, and why was this such an ironic part of this plot?
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)