|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Joey's teacher?
2. Why is Joey not allowed to carve pumpkins with the kids in his class?
3. What does Joey call his key?
4. What caused Joey and his family to fight a lot?
5. Why is Joey's new medication not the best thing for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Joey blow out Harold's candles?
2. What does Joey do when he is asked to sharpen pencils?
3. What does Ms. Maxy tell Joey the problem with his plans is?
4. Why is Joey's room partially painted pink?
5. What does Joey's mother get upset about after Harold's party?
6. What is Joey given when he is denied a piece of pie?
7. What does Joey sense from the mothers in the Special Education room?
8. What does Joey do when he is put in the hall after being rude to his teacher?
9. What does Joey do when he gets bored with the Big Quiet Chair?
10. Why does Joey say he depends on his mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the consequences of Fran's actions, and how did she feel about them by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What inspired Joey to make the world a better place, and why was this such an ironic part of this plot?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)