|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey stare into at his house to calm himself?
2. What does Joey do to help the person having a party?
3. What kind of abuse does Joey's grandma use most often?
4. What does Joey kill in the classrooms to help?
5. What does Joey do in his chair when he gets bored?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ms. Maxy tell Joey the problem with his plans is?
2. What does Joey sense from the mothers in the Special Education room?
3. Who was Joey abandoned by early in his life?
4. What does Joey do when he is asked to sharpen pencils?
5. What did Joey's mother do when her husband left?
6. Where did Joey's grandmother go, and how does she feel about it?
7. What is Joey given when he is denied a piece of pie?
8. What does Joey do when he gets bored with the Big Quiet Chair?
9. What does Joey ask his mother after Harold's party, and why?
10. What are some of the ways Joey's grandmother was physically abusive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Abandonment and Neglect was a major theme in this book. What are some of the main examples of this theme, and how did it affect the course of the plot.
Essay Topic 2
What were the consequences of Fran's actions, and how did she feel about them by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What happened when Joey went to apologize to Maria, and why was this so surprising to Joey? How did this change his outlook on life and his condition?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)