|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joey's grandmother try to lock him one day?
2. Why is Joey not allowed to carve pumpkins with the kids in his class?
3. Where does Joey think his personal problems all stemmed from?
4. What does Joey do repeatedly before going to school?
5. What about himself can Joey not control?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Joey not allowed to do on the field trip, and why?
2. What does Joey sense from the mothers in the Special Education room?
3. Who was Joey abandoned by early in his life?
4. What does Joey do for his mother as her own medication?
5. Why is Joey sent to Special Education classes?
6. Why did Joey's grandmother choose to leave?
7. Why did Joey blow out Harold's candles?
8. What are some of the ways Joey's grandmother was physically abusive?
9. What does Joey wish he could be?
10. What does Joey's mother get upset about after Harold's party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the consequences of Fran's actions, and how did she feel about them by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of abuse did Joey face in his life, and how did this keep him from excelling in his life?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)