|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What medicine is Joey given when he swallows his key?
2. Where are the class rules posted for Joey?
3. What does Joey say is wrong with himself?
4. How old was Joey when his father left?
5. What animal does Joey talk to while on a field trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What calmed Joey down while on the field trip?
2. What does Joey wish he could be?
3. What does Joey do with his key?
4. What is Joey asked to do when he first goes to Special Education?
5. What does Joey do when he gets bored with the Big Quiet Chair?
6. What did Joey's mother do when her husband left?
7. What is Joey not allowed to do on the field trip, and why?
8. What does Joey do when he is asked to sharpen pencils?
9. Why does Joey think his medication does not work?
10. Why does Joey say he depends on his mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does ADHD affect this plot, and how has it changed Joey's life?
Essay Topic 2
Ms. Maxy was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Joey's mother endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)