|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Maxy say Joey might do someday if he can't control himself?
2. Where does Joey's grandmother try to lock him one day?
3. Where is Joey sent after the key incident?
4. Why is Joey's room painted pink?
5. What does Joey do to entertain the kids the day after his key is recovered?
Short Essay Questions
1. What calmed Joey down while on the field trip?
2. What are some of the ways Joey's grandmother was physically abusive?
3. What does Joey say the worst abuse from his grandmother was?
4. Why is Joey's room partially painted pink?
5. What is Joey given when he is denied a piece of pie?
6. How does Joey's mother find out about his first visit to the Special Education room?
7. What does Joey do for his mother as her own medication?
8. What is Joey not allowed to do on the field trip, and why?
9. What does Joey do when he gets bored with the Big Quiet Chair?
10. Who was Joey abandoned by early in his life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does ADHD affect this plot, and how has it changed Joey's life?
Essay Topic 2
What changes when Joey is given new medication, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Joey attends two different schools in this book. Please use citations from the text to compare these two schools, their methods, and their effects on Joey.
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)