|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Joey's Grandmother go when she left?
2. What does Joey's mother use as her medication?
3. What is Joey told to do when he throws a knife during pumpkin carving?
4. How does Joey's mother feel when Joey asks his questions on the day he forgets his key?
5. What does Joey kill in the classrooms to help?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Joey asked to do when he first goes to Special Education?
2. Why is Joey's room partially painted pink?
3. What are some of the ways Joey's grandmother was physically abusive?
4. What does Ms. Maxy tell Joey the problem with his plans is?
5. What good things does Joey say comes from his hyperactivity?
6. What does Joey sense from the mothers in the Special Education room?
7. Why does Joey think his medication does not work?
8. What does Joey do when he is asked to sharpen pencils?
9. Where did Joey's grandmother go, and how does she feel about it?
10. What does Joey do for his mother as her own medication?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What happened when Joey went to apologize to Maria, and why was this so surprising to Joey? How did this change his outlook on life and his condition?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)