|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Joey where his grandmother went when she left?
2. What is Joey given instead of the pie on the field trip?
3. What is Joey told to do when he throws a knife during pumpkin carving?
4. What does Joey's mother have to do before talking to Joey the day he forgets his key?
5. What does Joey say he has never done?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joey say he depends on his mother?
2. What does Joey wish he could be?
3. Why did Joey blow out Harold's candles?
4. Why is Joey sent to Special Education classes?
5. What does Joey do when he gets bored with the Big Quiet Chair?
6. What is Joey not allowed to do on the field trip, and why?
7. What does Joey say the worst abuse from his grandmother was?
8. What calmed Joey down while on the field trip?
9. What is Joey asked to do when he first goes to Special Education?
10. What does Joey sense from the mothers in the Special Education room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ms. Maxy was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
How does ADHD affect this plot, and how has it changed Joey's life?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)