|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who notices when Joey's medication wears off?
2. Who does Joey say he is dependent on?
3. Who helps get Joey's medication changed?
4. What does Ms. Maxy say Joey might do someday if he can't control himself?
5. What does Joey call his key?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joey do when he is asked to sharpen pencils?
2. Why did Joey's grandmother choose to leave?
3. What does Joey's mother get upset about after Harold's party?
4. Where did Joey's grandmother go, and how does she feel about it?
5. Why is Joey's room partially painted pink?
6. What does Joey ask his mother after Harold's party, and why?
7. What does Joey sense from the mothers in the Special Education room?
8. What does Ms. Maxy tell Joey the problem with his plans is?
9. What is Joey asked to do when he first goes to Special Education?
10. Who was Joey abandoned by early in his life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Joey learn from Ed, and how do these pieces of advice change his efforts to overcome his condition?
Essay Topic 2
Abandonment and Neglect was a major theme in this book. What are some of the main examples of this theme, and how did it affect the course of the plot.
Essay Topic 3
Joey attends two different schools in this book. Please use citations from the text to compare these two schools, their methods, and their effects on Joey.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)