|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey's mother have to do before talking to Joey the day he forgets his key?
2. What made Joey think about his question to his mother on the day he forgets his key?
3. Why is Joey sent to the nurse's office for the day his key is recovered?
4. What did Grandma used to pretend to be to please Joey?
5. What does Joey like to pretend strings in the doorways are?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joey do when he is put in the hall after being rude to his teacher?
2. What kind of people does Joey's mother say she likes best?
3. What secret does Joey share with the school nurse?
4. What is Joey given when he is denied a piece of pie?
5. What does Harold's mother say to Joey at the end of the book?
6. Why does Joey say he wants a dog?
7. What does Ed do when he sees Fran getting overwhelmed?
8. What does Joey sense from the mothers in the Special Education room?
9. What good things does Joey say comes from his hyperactivity?
10. Why does Joey go to Pittsburgh?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Abandonment and Neglect was a major theme in this book. What are some of the main examples of this theme, and how did it affect the course of the plot.
Essay Topic 3
Where does Joey get his hyper nature, and how does the knowledge of this affect Joey in his efforts to overcome his condition?
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)