|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Joey's new medication not the best thing for him?
2. Why is Joey not allowed to have any of the pie on his field trip?
3. Where does Joey think his personal problems all stemmed from?
4. What is Joey given instead of the pie on the field trip?
5. Who does Joey say he is dependent on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Joey asked to do when he first goes to Special Education?
2. What does Joey realize during his first break at his new school?
3. What does Joey wish he could be?
4. What good things does Joey say comes from his hyperactivity?
5. What does Joey do when he needs a break at his new school?
6. What does Ms. Maxy tell Joey the problem with his plans is?
7. Why does Joey's mother cry the entire time she is talking with the principal about Joey's accident with Maria?
8. Why does Joey feel that he and his new dog were meant to be together?
9. What big change comes for Charlie at the end of the book?
10. What negative thing does Ed say about Joey's mother?
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Abandonment and Neglect was a major theme in this book. What are some of the main examples of this theme, and how did it affect the course of the plot.
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)