|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about himself can Joey not control?
2. What does Joey stare into at his house to calm himself?
3. What does Ms. Maxy have Joey do with the pencils?
4. What made Joey overly hyper while on his field trip?
5. What does Joey's mother do when she pins Joey to the ground before school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What good things does Joey say comes from his hyperactivity?
2. Why did Joey blow out Harold's candles?
3. What does Joey do with his key?
4. What does Joey wish he could be?
5. What is Joey given when he is denied a piece of pie?
6. Where does Joey think he got his hyperactivity from?
7. Who was Joey abandoned by early in his life?
8. Where did Joey's grandmother go, and how does she feel about it?
9. What is Joey not allowed to do on the field trip, and why?
10. What does Joey do when he is asked to sharpen pencils?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Joey learn from Ed, and how do these pieces of advice change his efforts to overcome his condition?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
What inspired Joey to make the world a better place, and why was this such an ironic part of this plot?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)