|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cartoon character does Joey compare himself to?
2. Where are the class rules posted for Joey?
3. Where does Joey wait for his mother to come home when he doesn't have his key?
4. Why is Joey's room painted pink?
5. Where is Joey sent after the key incident?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joey do when he is put in the hall after being rude to his teacher?
2. Where did Joey's grandmother go, and how does she feel about it?
3. What does Joey sense from the mothers in the Special Education room?
4. Why does Joey think his medication does not work?
5. Why is Joey sent to Special Education classes?
6. What does Joey do when he is asked to sharpen pencils?
7. What does Joey wish he could be?
8. How does Joey's mother find out about his first visit to the Special Education room?
9. Who was Joey abandoned by early in his life?
10. What does Joey's mother get upset about after Harold's party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Joey learn from Ed, and how do these pieces of advice change his efforts to overcome his condition?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)