|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joey think his personal problems all stemmed from?
2. Why does Joey need a key?
3. What kind of pie does Joey see at the field trip?
4. What question does Joey ask his mother when she gets home the day he forgets his key?
5. What is the name of Joey's teacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joey sense from the mothers in the Special Education room?
2. Why is Joey sent to Special Education classes?
3. What does Joey ask his mother after Harold's party, and why?
4. Where did Joey's grandmother go, and how does she feel about it?
5. What does Joey do when he is asked to sharpen pencils?
6. Where does Joey think he got his hyperactivity from?
7. What does Joey do with his key?
8. What calmed Joey down while on the field trip?
9. What does Joey say the worst abuse from his grandmother was?
10. What does Joey wish he could be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What changes when Joey is given new medication, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Ms. Maxy was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)