|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Joey punished during the party in Special Education?
2. What kind of abuse does Joey's grandma use most often?
3. What animal does Joey talk to while on a field trip?
4. Who watches Joey most of the time?
5. What is the name of Joey's teacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joey think his medication does not work?
2. Where did Joey's grandmother go, and how does she feel about it?
3. What does Joey ask his mother after Harold's party, and why?
4. Why does Joey say he depends on his mother?
5. Why did Joey blow out Harold's candles?
6. Why did Joey's grandmother choose to leave?
7. What does Joey wish he could be?
8. What good things does Joey say comes from his hyperactivity?
9. What are some of the ways Joey's grandmother was physically abusive?
10. What does Joey do for his mother as her own medication?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Joey's mother endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Where does Joey get his hyper nature, and how does the knowledge of this affect Joey in his efforts to overcome his condition?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)