|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joey usually retrieve his key after swallowing it?
2. How did Joey sprain his ankle on the field trip?
3. Where does Joey cut himself while on a field trip?
4. Where is Joey sent after the key incident?
5. Why does Joey say he is acting strangely the day after his key is recovered?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joey do when he gets bored with the Big Quiet Chair?
2. Where does Joey think he got his hyperactivity from?
3. Where did Joey's grandmother go, and how does she feel about it?
4. Who was Joey abandoned by early in his life?
5. What does Joey do with his key?
6. What does Joey ask his mother after Harold's party, and why?
7. What does Joey do when he is asked to sharpen pencils?
8. What is Joey not allowed to do on the field trip, and why?
9. Why did Joey blow out Harold's candles?
10. What are some of the ways Joey's grandmother was physically abusive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where does Joey get his hyper nature, and how does the knowledge of this affect Joey in his efforts to overcome his condition?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
What happens in Pittsburgh, and why is this so substantial in Joey's life?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)