|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey say is wrong with himself?
2. What does Joey kill in the classrooms to help?
3. When do the teachers have a meeting to discuss handling Joey?
4. What did Joey's mother do when her husband left?
5. What caused Joey and his family to fight a lot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joey gain from sneaking out with the gifted students when he has a substitute?
2. Who was Joey abandoned by early in his life?
3. What does Joey do when he gets bored with the Big Quiet Chair?
4. What is Joey's first request at his new school, and what is Ed's response to this?
5. Where does Joey think he got his hyperactivity from?
6. What does Ed tell Joey when they first meet?
7. Why is Joey's room partially painted pink?
8. What does Joey do when he gets hyper on the bus?
9. How does Joey's mother find out about his first visit to the Special Education room?
10. What does Joey do with his key?
Essay Topic 1
What inspired Joey to make the world a better place, and why was this such an ironic part of this plot?
Essay Topic 2
Where does Joey get his hyper nature, and how does the knowledge of this affect Joey in his efforts to overcome his condition?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)