|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey do to help the person having a party?
2. What cartoon character does Joey compare himself to?
3. Who does Joey NOT blame for what he sees is wrong with him?
4. What does Joey's mother use as her medication?
5. How is Joey's swallowed key eventually recovered?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Joey given when he is denied a piece of pie?
2. What does Joey do when he is asked to sharpen pencils?
3. What does Joey do with his key?
4. What are some of the ways Joey's grandmother was physically abusive?
5. What does Joey wish he could be?
6. Why did Joey's grandmother choose to leave?
7. What does Joey sense from the mothers in the Special Education room?
8. What does Joey ask his mother after Harold's party, and why?
9. What does Joey do for his mother as her own medication?
10. Why does Joey say he depends on his mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
How does ADHD affect this plot, and how has it changed Joey's life?
Essay Topic 3
What changes when Joey is given new medication, and why?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)