|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ed's nickname?
(c) Special Ed.
2. How does Maria's father respond to Joey's attempts to make it up to Maria?
(a) He threatens to press charges.
(b) He rips up the letter.
(c) He hits him.
(d) He almost attacks him.
3. Why does Joey's mother pinch him when they are talking to the principal after Joey hurts a class mate?
(a) To keep him on task.
(b) So he will come out of his trance.
(c) To show she supports him.
(d) To punish him more.
4. What is Joey's first present from his mother when he goes to his new school?
(a) A pill bottle.
(b) A notebook.
(c) A framed picture.
(d) Some advice.
5. How does Joey feel when he sneaks out of class while he has a substitute teacher?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Joey sent to Pittsburgh?
2. How many presents does Joey get from his mother when he goes to his new school?
3. What keeps Joey from jumping off the bus at the railroad tracks?
4. What does Joey's mother promise him if he is good at the new school?
5. What advice does Joey get about moving forward?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Joey used to do after his mother left him?
2. What negative thing does Ed say about Joey's mother?
3. What was Joey doing just before he hurt one of his classmates?
4. What is Joey's punishment for hurting one of his classmates?
5. What is Joey's first request at his new school, and what is Ed's response to this?
6. What does Joey do when he gets hyper on the bus?
7. Why does Joey's mother say she was unable to come back to him sooner?
8. What does Joey gain from sneaking out with the gifted students when he has a substitute?
9. Why does Joey tell his mother about his past hurts while they are traveling to Pittsburgh?
10. What do Joey and his mother do to entertain themselves on the trip to Pittsburgh?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)