|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ed say it is important for Joey to learn?
(a) To sit still.
(b) To not give in to fears.
(c) To make good decisions.
(d) To behave like other children.
2. What is Ed's nickname?
(c) Special Ed.
3. What does Charlie do when Joey sits next to him?
(a) Shakes his hand.
(b) Hugs him.
(c) Kisses him on the cheek.
(d) Teaches him a song.
4. Where is Joey told to get counseling?
(a) A therapeutic office.
(b) The school counseling center.
(c) The nurse's office.
(d) A Special Education center.
5. What does Joey's mother tell Joey to do when he thinks of bad things?
(a) Think of a good thing.
(b) Look at her picture.
(c) Draw in the notebook.
(d) Take a pill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joey left in a room with as part of a test?
2. What does Joey's mother do when she sees the dirty band aid Joey picks up?
3. What keeps Joey from jumping off the bus at the railroad tracks?
4. Why is Maria transferred to a different school?
5. What does the boy in the helmet do on the bus ride to the new school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joey go to Pittsburgh?
2. What does Ed tell Joey when they first meet?
3. What did Joey used to do after his mother left him?
4. What do Joey and his mother do to entertain themselves on the trip to Pittsburgh?
5. How does Joey hurt another classmate?
6. What does Joey's mother ask of Joey when they are sitting in the car eating their fast food?
7. What does Maria's father say about Joey's mother?
8. What does Joey do when he needs a break at his new school?
9. What did Ms. Maxy do after the accident with another classmate that caused Joey's feelings to be hurt?
10. What does Joey realize during his first break at his new school?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)