|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joey try to make it up to Maria?
(a) He sings songs in front of her window.
(b) He writes her a nice letter.
(c) He cuts his own nose and takes a picture.
(d) He goes to her house to apologize.
2. What does Joey's mother say Joey is not?
3. What is Joey left in a room with as part of a test?
(a) Some flowers and a vase.
(b) Paper and crayons.
(c) Some legos.
(d) A box of bandaids.
4. How many presents does Joey get from his mother when he goes to his new school?
5. Who does Joey hope to see while in Pittsburgh?
(c) His father.
(d) His grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey's mother get defensive about when he tells her what Ed said on his first day at the new school?
2. Where does Joey go when he sneaks out of class when he has a substitute teacher?
3. What is wrong with Charlie?
4. What does the boy in the helmet do on the bus ride to the new school?
5. What does Joey have for dinner after his first day at the new school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Joey used to do after his mother left him?
2. Why does Joey say he wants a dog?
3. What do Joey and his mother do to entertain themselves on the trip to Pittsburgh?
4. What is Joey's first request at his new school, and what is Ed's response to this?
5. What secret does Joey share with the school nurse?
6. What does Ed say when Joey redials his mother's phone number compulsively on his first day at the new school?
7. What does Joey do when he gets hyper on the bus?
8. What did Ms. Maxy do after the accident with another classmate that caused Joey's feelings to be hurt?
9. What does Ed tell Joey when they first meet?
10. Why does Joey's mother say she was unable to come back to him sooner?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)