|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings Joey homework while he is at the new school?
(a) The school nurse.
(b) His mother.
(c) Ms. Maxy.
(d) The principal.
2. What does Joey try to replace the severed nose of his classmate with?
(a) A piece of chalk.
(b) Some clay.
(c) His own nose.
(d) A picture.
3. Why does Joey's mother pinch him when they are talking to the principal after Joey hurts a class mate?
(a) To punish him more.
(b) To show she supports him.
(c) To keep him on task.
(d) So he will come out of his trance.
4. What advice does Joey get about moving forward?
(a) Never look back.
(b) The past is behind you.
(c) The future is always brighter than the past.
(d) Its time to switch gears.
5. How does Joey feel about boarding the bus to his new school alone?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joey go to the nurse after sneaking out of class when he has a substitute?
2. What is Joey's mother's name?
3. What does Ed say Joey's grandmother did to cause him problems?
4. What does Joey's mother tell Joey to do when he thinks of bad things?
5. Who does Joey sneak out of class with when he has a substitute teacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joey's mother ask of Joey when they are sitting in the car eating their fast food?
2. What does Ed tell Joey when they first meet?
3. What did Ms. Maxy do after the accident with another classmate that caused Joey's feelings to be hurt?
4. Why does Joey tell his mother about his past hurts while they are traveling to Pittsburgh?
5. What did Joey used to do after his mother left him?
6. Why does Joey say he wants a dog?
7. What was Joey doing just before he hurt one of his classmates?
8. What does Ed say when Joey redials his mother's phone number compulsively on his first day at the new school?
9. Why does Joey's mother cry the entire time she is talking with the principal about Joey's accident with Maria?
10. How did Joey's grandmother used to use his mother against him?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)