|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Maria transferred to a different school?
(a) He didn't want her to turn out like Joey.
(b) Her father thinks public school is too violent.
(c) She was not learning as well as she could.
(d) She was suffering PTSD.
2. What does Joey fear when he is on the bus to his first day at the new school?
(a) He will never get back home.
(b) The bus will crash.
(c) They will take his mother away.
(d) His mother will forget about him.
3. Who does Maria's father blame for what happened to Joey?
(a) Joey's teacher.
(c) Joey's mother.
(d) Joey's father.
4. What does Joey's mother promise him if he is good at the new school?
(a) He can get a dog.
(b) She will stop drinking.
(c) They will visit his father.
(d) His grandmother will come home.
5. How does Mr. Preston feel about Joey's mother not coming to the appointment?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Joey prove he is not being abused?
2. What is the name of the student Joey hurts?
3. What does the nutritionist say Joey needs more of?
4. What is wrong with May?
5. What does Joey see when he sneaks out of class when he has a substitute teacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joey tell his mother about his past hurts while they are traveling to Pittsburgh?
2. How does Joey hurt another classmate?
3. What does Joey do when he gets hyper on the bus?
4. What do Joey and his mother do to entertain themselves on the trip to Pittsburgh?
5. What does Ed say when Joey redials his mother's phone number compulsively on his first day at the new school?
6. Why does Joey's mother cry the entire time she is talking with the principal about Joey's accident with Maria?
7. What does Joey's mother ask of Joey when they are sitting in the car eating their fast food?
8. What did Ms. Maxy do after the accident with another classmate that caused Joey's feelings to be hurt?
9. Why does Joey's mother say she was unable to come back to him sooner?
10. How did Joey's grandmother used to use his mother against him?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)