|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is May's sister's name?
2. What goal does Joey tell the school nurse about?
(a) He wants to do one good thing every day.
(b) He wants to help his mom stop drinking.
(c) He wants to become a teacher.
(d) He wants to invent a better medicine for kids like him.
3. What does Joey plan to make with his new slogan?
(a) Bumper stickers.
(b) Vinyl signs.
(c) Pencil cases.
4. What does Joey's mother say she did before coming back to him?
(a) Made herself ready.
(b) Got a job.
(c) Pulled herself together.
(d) Sought counselling.
5. How many presents does Joey get from his mother when he goes to his new school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with May?
2. What does Joey do when Ed says his mother is part of his problem?
3. What does Joey say in a restaurant that makes his mother cry?
4. What does Joey's mother say Joey is not?
5. What does Joey feel inspired to do after listening to Mrs. Cole?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joey's mother ask of Joey when they are sitting in the car eating their fast food?
2. What is Joey's punishment for hurting one of his classmates?
3. What does Ed tell Joey when they first meet?
4. What secret does Joey share with the school nurse?
5. Why does Joey's mother cry the entire time she is talking with the principal about Joey's accident with Maria?
6. What is Joey's first request at his new school, and what is Ed's response to this?
7. What negative thing does Ed say about Joey's mother?
8. What does Ed say when Joey redials his mother's phone number compulsively on his first day at the new school?
9. What does Joey do when he gets hyper on the bus?
10. Why does Joey say he wants a dog?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)