|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joey feel about boarding the bus to his new school alone?
2. How is Joey punished for hurting a classmate?
(a) He is expelled.
(b) He is suspended.
(c) He gets a record.
(d) He has detention.
3. What does Joey's mother promise him if he is good at the new school?
(a) He can get a dog.
(b) His grandmother will come home.
(c) They will visit his father.
(d) She will stop drinking.
4. Why does Mr. Preston think Joey is being abused?
(a) He has bruises all over him.
(b) He is afraid of men.
(c) He is always crying.
(d) He has band aids all over him.
5. What does Joey's mother do when she sees the dirty band aid Joey picks up?
(a) Gives him a clean one.
(b) Slaps his hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Joey prove he is not being abused?
2. What does Ed say it is important for Joey to learn?
3. What does Joey's mother say on the way to Pittsburgh that hurts his feelings?
4. What is Ed's occupation?
5. What does Joey do when Ed says his mother is part of his problem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joey do when he gets hyper on the bus?
2. What does Ed say when Joey redials his mother's phone number compulsively on his first day at the new school?
3. What does Joey's mother ask of Joey when they are sitting in the car eating their fast food?
4. What does Maria's father say about Joey's mother?
5. What does Ed tell Joey when they first meet?
6. What secret does Joey share with the school nurse?
7. What do Joey and his mother do to entertain themselves on the trip to Pittsburgh?
8. What was Joey doing just before he hurt one of his classmates?
9. Why does Joey say he wants a dog?
10. What does Joey do when he needs a break at his new school?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)