|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ed say it is important for Joey to learn?
(a) To make good decisions.
(b) To sit still.
(c) To not give in to fears.
(d) To behave like other children.
2. What is Ed's nickname?
(c) Special Ed.
3. Why does Mr. Preston think Joey is being abused?
(a) He has band aids all over him.
(b) He is afraid of men.
(c) He has bruises all over him.
(d) He is always crying.
4. Who does Joey have an appointment with on his second day at the new school?
(a) The psychologist.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The nutritionist.
(d) The nurse.
5. Who does Maria's father blame for what happened to Joey?
(a) Joey's father.
(c) Joey's mother.
(d) Joey's teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joey hope to see while in Pittsburgh?
2. Where does Joey go when he sneaks out of class when he has a substitute teacher?
3. What does Joey try to replace the severed nose of his classmate with?
4. What is wrong with May?
5. How does Joey get to Pittsburgh?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Joey doing just before he hurt one of his classmates?
2. What do Joey and his mother do to entertain themselves on the trip to Pittsburgh?
3. Why does Joey tell his mother about his past hurts while they are traveling to Pittsburgh?
4. Why does Joey's mother cry the entire time she is talking with the principal about Joey's accident with Maria?
5. What does Joey gain from sneaking out with the gifted students when he has a substitute?
6. What does Maria's father say about Joey's mother?
7. What negative thing does Ed say about Joey's mother?
8. Why does Joey's mother say she was unable to come back to him sooner?
9. What is Joey's punishment for hurting one of his classmates?
10. What does Joey realize during his first break at his new school?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)