|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joey's mother promise him if he is good at the new school?
(a) She will stop drinking.
(b) His grandmother will come home.
(c) He can get a dog.
(d) They will visit his father.
2. How does Joey try to make it up to Maria?
(a) He sings songs in front of her window.
(b) He cuts his own nose and takes a picture.
(c) He writes her a nice letter.
(d) He goes to her house to apologize.
3. What is Ed's nickname?
(d) Special Ed.
4. How does Joey feel when he sneaks out of class while he has a substitute teacher?
5. What does Joey ask his mother for more of after his first day at the new school?
(a) New medication.
(b) A better house.
(c) A ride to school.
(d) Some responsibility.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joey's mother pinch him when they are talking to the principal after Joey hurts a class mate?
2. What does the boy in the helmet do on the bus ride to the new school?
3. What does Joey's mother say on the way to Pittsburgh that hurts his feelings?
4. What is wrong with May?
5. Who does Joey hope to see while in Pittsburgh?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joey's mother ask of Joey when they are sitting in the car eating their fast food?
2. Why does Joey tell his mother about his past hurts while they are traveling to Pittsburgh?
3. What secret does Joey share with the school nurse?
4. What negative thing does Ed say about Joey's mother?
5. What was Joey doing just before he hurt one of his classmates?
6. How does Joey hurt another classmate?
7. What does Maria's father say about Joey's mother?
8. Why does Joey go to Pittsburgh?
9. What is Joey's first request at his new school, and what is Ed's response to this?
10. What do Joey and his mother do to entertain themselves on the trip to Pittsburgh?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)