|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maria's father respond to Joey's attempts to make it up to Maria?
(a) He hits him.
(b) He threatens to press charges.
(c) He rips up the letter.
(d) He almost attacks him.
2. How does Joey tell his mother he felt during his first day at the new school?
3. What does Joey's mother say on the way to Pittsburgh that hurts his feelings?
(a) His father would not know him if he saw him.
(b) She wishes he had never been born.
(c) She already knows what the scan will say.
(d) Taking the day off will never be worth it.
4. Why does Joey pick up a dirty band aid off the ground?
(a) He thinks it is the one he took off.
(b) His scratched arm hurts.
(c) It looks like the nose to him.
(d) He wants to give it to Muriel
5. What does Joey's mother say Joey is not?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey scream after hurting a class mate?
2. What goal does Joey tell the school nurse about?
3. What does the driver to Joey's new school call him?
4. What habit does Joey want his mother to stop?
5. What does the nutritionist say Joey needs more of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joey realize during his first break at his new school?
2. What does Ed say when Joey redials his mother's phone number compulsively on his first day at the new school?
3. How does Joey hurt another classmate?
4. Why does Joey tell his mother about his past hurts while they are traveling to Pittsburgh?
5. What does Joey do when he needs a break at his new school?
6. What is Joey's punishment for hurting one of his classmates?
7. What does Joey gain from sneaking out with the gifted students when he has a substitute?
8. What was Joey doing just before he hurt one of his classmates?
9. What did Joey used to do after his mother left him?
10. Why does Joey go to Pittsburgh?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)