|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Joey sent to Pittsburgh?
(a) To speak with his father.
(b) To attend a new school.
(c) To get a brain scan.
(d) To talk to Maria.
2. What keeps Joey from jumping off the bus at the railroad tracks?
(a) Charlie's eyes.
(b) His fear of getting lost.
(c) The request from his mother.
(d) His medication.
3. What does the boy in the helmet do on the bus ride to the new school?
(a) Smack his head into the seats.
(c) Shouts out obscenities.
(d) Falls asleep.
4. What is May's sister's name?
5. How does Maria's father respond to Joey's attempts to make it up to Maria?
(a) He threatens to press charges.
(b) He almost attacks him.
(c) He hits him.
(d) He rips up the letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey's mother say Joey is not?
2. What does Charlie do when Joey sits next to him?
3. Why does Ed say Joey is at his new school?
4. Where does Joey go when he sneaks out of class when he has a substitute teacher?
5. What habit does Joey want his mother to stop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret does Joey share with the school nurse?
2. What does Maria's father say about Joey's mother?
3. What does Ed say when Joey redials his mother's phone number compulsively on his first day at the new school?
4. What is Joey's first request at his new school, and what is Ed's response to this?
5. Why does Joey tell his mother about his past hurts while they are traveling to Pittsburgh?
6. What does Joey's mother ask of Joey when they are sitting in the car eating their fast food?
7. What was Joey doing just before he hurt one of his classmates?
8. Why does Joey go to Pittsburgh?
9. What does Joey gain from sneaking out with the gifted students when he has a substitute?
10. Why does Joey say he wants a dog?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)