|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joey's mother pinch him when they are talking to the principal after Joey hurts a class mate?
(a) So he will come out of his trance.
(b) To keep him on task.
(c) To show she supports him.
(d) To punish him more.
2. Why does Ed say Joey is at his new school?
(a) To protect others.
(b) To be punished.
(c) To get some help.
(d) To protect himself.
3. What does Maria's father call Joey?
(a) Messed up.
(c) A nobody.
4. What does Joey ask his mother for more of after his first day at the new school?
(a) A ride to school.
(b) New medication.
(c) Some responsibility.
(d) A better house.
5. What does Joey's mother say she did before coming back to him?
(a) Sought counselling.
(b) Made herself ready.
(c) Got a job.
(d) Pulled herself together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey scream after hurting a class mate?
2. What is Mrs. Cole's occupation?
3. Who does Joey sneak out of class with when he has a substitute teacher?
4. What kind of school is Maria transferred to?
5. Where does Joey go when he sneaks out of class when he has a substitute teacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Joey and his mother do to entertain themselves on the trip to Pittsburgh?
2. How did Joey's grandmother used to use his mother against him?
3. What is Joey's first request at his new school, and what is Ed's response to this?
4. What does Joey do when he needs a break at his new school?
5. What is Joey's punishment for hurting one of his classmates?
6. What does Ed tell Joey when they first meet?
7. What did Ms. Maxy do after the accident with another classmate that caused Joey's feelings to be hurt?
8. What does Joey do when he gets hyper on the bus?
9. Why does Joey tell his mother about his past hurts while they are traveling to Pittsburgh?
10. Why does Joey go to Pittsburgh?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)