|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ed's occupation?
(a) Case worker.
(b) Special Education teacher.
(c) Personal assistant.
(d) Bus driver.
2. What does Joey's mother say Joey is not?
3. Why is Maria transferred to a different school?
(a) She was not learning as well as she could.
(b) She was suffering PTSD.
(c) Her father thinks public school is too violent.
(d) He didn't want her to turn out like Joey.
4. What does Joey fear when he is on the bus to his first day at the new school?
(a) His mother will forget about him.
(b) The bus will crash.
(c) He will never get back home.
(d) They will take his mother away.
5. Where is Joey told to get counseling?
(a) A therapeutic office.
(b) The school counseling center.
(c) The nurse's office.
(d) A Special Education center.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Preston feel about Joey's mother not coming to the appointment?
2. Why is Joey sent to Pittsburgh?
3. Why can't Joey's mother see his bus off to the new school?
4. What does Joey say in a restaurant that makes his mother cry?
5. Who does Maria's father blame for what happened to Joey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maria's father say about Joey's mother?
2. Why does Joey tell his mother about his past hurts while they are traveling to Pittsburgh?
3. What does Joey gain from sneaking out with the gifted students when he has a substitute?
4. What does Joey's mother ask of Joey when they are sitting in the car eating their fast food?
5. What secret does Joey share with the school nurse?
6. How did Joey's grandmother used to use his mother against him?
7. What did Ms. Maxy do after the accident with another classmate that caused Joey's feelings to be hurt?
8. What do Joey and his mother do to entertain themselves on the trip to Pittsburgh?
9. What three things does Ed promise Joey will get from the new school he is attending?
10. Why does Joey's mother say she was unable to come back to him sooner?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)