|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joey feel about boarding the bus to his new school alone?
2. How does Maria's father respond to Joey's attempts to make it up to Maria?
(a) He hits him.
(b) He rips up the letter.
(c) He almost attacks him.
(d) He threatens to press charges.
3. What does the nutritionist say Joey needs more of?
(d) All of these.
4. What is wrong with Charlie?
(a) He has no legs.
(b) He has no ears.
(c) He has no arms.
(d) He has no nose.
5. What does Joey scream after hurting a class mate?
(a) I'm sorry.
(b) I didn't mean to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joey go to the nurse after sneaking out of class when he has a substitute?
2. How is Joey punished for hurting a classmate?
3. How long does Joey's punishment remain in force after hurting a classmate?
4. Who does Joey hope to see while in Pittsburgh?
5. What is Ed's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joey go to Pittsburgh?
2. What negative thing does Ed say about Joey's mother?
3. What secret does Joey share with the school nurse?
4. What did Joey used to do after his mother left him?
5. How did Joey's grandmother used to use his mother against him?
6. Why does Joey tell his mother about his past hurts while they are traveling to Pittsburgh?
7. What does Joey do when he needs a break at his new school?
8. What does Joey do when he gets hyper on the bus?
9. How does Joey hurt another classmate?
10. What is Joey's first request at his new school, and what is Ed's response to this?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)