|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many presents does Joey get from his mother when he goes to his new school?
2. Who does Joey hope to see while in Pittsburgh?
(a) His father.
(d) His grandmother.
3. Why does Mr. Preston think Joey is being abused?
(a) He is always crying.
(b) He has band aids all over him.
(c) He is afraid of men.
(d) He has bruises all over him.
4. What does Ed say Joey's grandmother did to cause him problems?
(a) Coddled him.
(b) Left him.
(c) Berated him.
(d) Abused him.
5. Why does Joey pick up a dirty band aid off the ground?
(a) It looks like the nose to him.
(b) He wants to give it to Muriel
(c) His scratched arm hurts.
(d) He thinks it is the one he took off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Joey sent to Pittsburgh?
2. How does Maria's father respond to Joey's attempts to make it up to Maria?
3. Why does Joey go to the nurse after sneaking out of class when he has a substitute?
4. What is Joey's first present from his mother when he goes to his new school?
5. What does Ed say it is important for Joey to learn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Joey's punishment for hurting one of his classmates?
2. What does Maria's father say about Joey's mother?
3. Why does Joey's mother say she was unable to come back to him sooner?
4. What do Joey and his mother do to entertain themselves on the trip to Pittsburgh?
5. What did Ms. Maxy do after the accident with another classmate that caused Joey's feelings to be hurt?
6. How did Joey's grandmother used to use his mother against him?
7. Why does Joey say he wants a dog?
8. What did Joey used to do after his mother left him?
9. What does Ed tell Joey when they first meet?
10. Why does Joey tell his mother about his past hurts while they are traveling to Pittsburgh?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)