|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joey try to make it up to Maria?
(a) He writes her a nice letter.
(b) He cuts his own nose and takes a picture.
(c) He sings songs in front of her window.
(d) He goes to her house to apologize.
2. Why does Joey pick up a dirty band aid off the ground?
(a) He wants to give it to Muriel
(b) He thinks it is the one he took off.
(c) His scratched arm hurts.
(d) It looks like the nose to him.
3. What kind of book does Joey's mom buy him?
(a) A book about dogs.
(b) A book about baseball.
(c) A poetry book.
(d) A large picture book.
4. How does Joey's mother feel while he tells her what Ed said?
5. What does the nutritionist say Joey needs more of?
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many presents does Joey get from his mother when he goes to his new school?
2. What does Joey's mother say Joey is not?
3. What does Ed say Joey's grandmother did to cause him problems?
4. Why does Joey hope to find the severed nose of his classmate?
5. What habit does Joey want his mother to stop?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joey hurt another classmate?
2. What is Joey's punishment for hurting one of his classmates?
3. Why does Joey tell his mother about his past hurts while they are traveling to Pittsburgh?
4. What does Maria's father say about Joey's mother?
5. What does Ed say when Joey redials his mother's phone number compulsively on his first day at the new school?
6. What do Joey and his mother do to entertain themselves on the trip to Pittsburgh?
7. How did Joey's grandmother used to use his mother against him?
8. Why does Joey say he wants a dog?
9. Why does Joey's mother say she was unable to come back to him sooner?
10. What does Joey gain from sneaking out with the gifted students when he has a substitute?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)