|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ed say causes Joey's fears?
(a) His abandonment issues.
(b) His condition.
(c) His father's life-style.
(d) His medication.
2. Why does Mr. Preston think Joey is being abused?
(a) He has bruises all over him.
(b) He is afraid of men.
(c) He is always crying.
(d) He has band aids all over him.
3. What habit does Joey want his mother to stop?
(a) Working late.
4. How does Mr. Preston feel about Joey's mother not coming to the appointment?
5. Why does Joey's mother pinch him when they are talking to the principal after Joey hurts a class mate?
(a) To show she supports him.
(b) To punish him more.
(c) To keep him on task.
(d) So he will come out of his trance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey ask his mother for more of after his first day at the new school?
2. What is May's sister's name?
3. Where does Joey go when he sneaks out of class when he has a substitute teacher?
4. Why does Joey hope to find the severed nose of his classmate?
5. What is wrong with Charlie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Joey doing just before he hurt one of his classmates?
2. What does Joey do when he needs a break at his new school?
3. What does Joey do when he gets hyper on the bus?
4. Why does Joey's mother cry the entire time she is talking with the principal about Joey's accident with Maria?
5. Why does Joey say he wants a dog?
6. What three things does Ed promise Joey will get from the new school he is attending?
7. What does Joey realize during his first break at his new school?
8. What do Joey and his mother do to entertain themselves on the trip to Pittsburgh?
9. Why does Joey tell his mother about his past hurts while they are traveling to Pittsburgh?
10. How does Joey hurt another classmate?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)