|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is May's sister's name?
2. What is wrong with May?
(a) She is hard of hearing.
(b) She can only read backwards.
(c) Her feet point inwards.
(d) Her eyes are crossed.
3. How does Joey feel when he sneaks out of class while he has a substitute teacher?
4. Who does Joey hope to see while in Pittsburgh?
(c) His father.
(d) His grandmother.
5. What does Joey try to replace the severed nose of his classmate with?
(a) A picture.
(b) Some clay.
(c) His own nose.
(d) A piece of chalk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joey left in a room with as part of a test?
2. What does the driver to Joey's new school call him?
3. What does Joey's mother say Joey is not?
4. How does Mr. Preston feel about Joey's mother not coming to the appointment?
5. What kind of book does Joey's mom buy him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joey's mother ask of Joey when they are sitting in the car eating their fast food?
2. What was Joey doing just before he hurt one of his classmates?
3. What does Maria's father say about Joey's mother?
4. What did Joey used to do after his mother left him?
5. Why does Joey's mother cry the entire time she is talking with the principal about Joey's accident with Maria?
6. Why does Joey tell his mother about his past hurts while they are traveling to Pittsburgh?
7. What secret does Joey share with the school nurse?
8. What does Ed say when Joey redials his mother's phone number compulsively on his first day at the new school?
9. What did Ms. Maxy do after the accident with another classmate that caused Joey's feelings to be hurt?
10. Why does Joey go to Pittsburgh?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)