|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ed say Joey is at his new school?
(a) To be punished.
(b) To protect others.
(c) To get some help.
(d) To protect himself.
2. Who does Joey have an appointment with on his second day at the new school?
(a) The nurse.
(b) The nutritionist.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The psychologist.
3. Why is Maria transferred to a different school?
(a) She was suffering PTSD.
(b) He didn't want her to turn out like Joey.
(c) She was not learning as well as she could.
(d) Her father thinks public school is too violent.
4. What does Maria's father call Joey?
(a) A nobody.
(d) Messed up.
5. Why does Mr. Preston think Joey is being abused?
(a) He is always crying.
(b) He is afraid of men.
(c) He has band aids all over him.
(d) He has bruises all over him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey do when Ed says his mother is part of his problem?
2. How does Joey's mother feel while he tells her what Ed said?
3. What is Ed's occupation?
4. What does Joey hurt another student with?
5. What kind of school is Maria transferred to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Joey used to do after his mother left him?
2. What secret does Joey share with the school nurse?
3. Why does Joey tell his mother about his past hurts while they are traveling to Pittsburgh?
4. How did Joey's grandmother used to use his mother against him?
5. What does Joey's mother ask of Joey when they are sitting in the car eating their fast food?
6. What did Ms. Maxy do after the accident with another classmate that caused Joey's feelings to be hurt?
7. What is Joey's first request at his new school, and what is Ed's response to this?
8. What does Ed tell Joey when they first meet?
9. Why does Joey's mother cry the entire time she is talking with the principal about Joey's accident with Maria?
10. What does Joey realize during his first break at his new school?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)