|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joey's mother pinch him when they are talking to the principal after Joey hurts a class mate?
(a) To keep him on task.
(b) So he will come out of his trance.
(c) To punish him more.
(d) To show she supports him.
2. What is Joey's mother's name?
3. What is Ed's occupation?
(a) Case worker.
(b) Special Education teacher.
(c) Personal assistant.
(d) Bus driver.
4. What is Joey's new slogan about families?
(a) Families are Forever.
(b) Love You Family, and They will Love You.
(c) Treat You Family Good.
(d) Hate is not a Family Value.
5. Where does Joey go when he sneaks out of class when he has a substitute teacher?
(a) The playground.
(b) The auditorium.
(c) The cafeteria.
(d) The Special Education classroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maria's father respond to Joey's attempts to make it up to Maria?
2. Why does Joey go to the nurse after sneaking out of class when he has a substitute?
3. What does Joey do when Ed says his mother is part of his problem?
4. What does Ed say Joey's grandmother did to cause him problems?
5. What does Joey try to do when he gets home after trying to make it up to Maria?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Joey's grandmother used to use his mother against him?
2. What does Ed say when Joey redials his mother's phone number compulsively on his first day at the new school?
3. What three things does Ed promise Joey will get from the new school he is attending?
4. What does Joey do when he needs a break at his new school?
5. What negative thing does Ed say about Joey's mother?
6. Why does Joey tell his mother about his past hurts while they are traveling to Pittsburgh?
7. Why does Joey go to Pittsburgh?
8. What secret does Joey share with the school nurse?
9. What did Ms. Maxy do after the accident with another classmate that caused Joey's feelings to be hurt?
10. What is Joey's punishment for hurting one of his classmates?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)