|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joey feel when he sneaks out of class while he has a substitute teacher?
2. Why does Joey go to the nurse after sneaking out of class when he has a substitute?
(a) To wrap his ankle.
(b) To lay down for a while.
(c) To take his medication.
(d) To get some pepto bismol.
3. How does Maria's father respond to Joey's attempts to make it up to Maria?
(a) He rips up the letter.
(b) He threatens to press charges.
(c) He almost attacks him.
(d) He hits him.
4. What does Joey hurt another student with?
(b) His fingernails.
5. What does Joey say in a restaurant that makes his mother cry?
(a) He wants to be good.
(b) Nobody believes him.
(c) People think he is brain damaged.
(d) He is sorry she is so sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Joey prove he is not being abused?
2. What is Joey's mother's name?
3. How is Joey punished for hurting a classmate?
4. What does Ed say causes Joey's fears?
5. Why does Joey pick up a dirty band aid off the ground?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Joey and his mother do to entertain themselves on the trip to Pittsburgh?
2. What does Joey do when he needs a break at his new school?
3. What does Ed tell Joey when they first meet?
4. What did Joey used to do after his mother left him?
5. Why does Joey's mother say she was unable to come back to him sooner?
6. How does Joey hurt another classmate?
7. Why does Joey's mother cry the entire time she is talking with the principal about Joey's accident with Maria?
8. What does Joey's mother ask of Joey when they are sitting in the car eating their fast food?
9. Why does Joey tell his mother about his past hurts while they are traveling to Pittsburgh?
10. What did Ms. Maxy do after the accident with another classmate that caused Joey's feelings to be hurt?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)