|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy in the helmet do on the bus ride to the new school?
(b) Falls asleep.
(c) Shouts out obscenities.
(d) Smack his head into the seats.
2. What does Joey's mother say Joey is not?
3. How does Joey's mother feel while he tells her what Ed said?
4. What does Maria's father call Joey?
(a) A nobody.
(d) Messed up.
5. How is Joey punished for hurting a classmate?
(a) He has detention.
(b) He is expelled.
(c) He is suspended.
(d) He gets a record.
6. What does Ed say causes Joey's fears?
(a) His father's life-style.
(b) His condition.
(c) His abandonment issues.
(d) His medication.
7. What does Joey's mother tell Joey to do when he thinks of bad things?
(a) Draw in the notebook.
(b) Look at her picture.
(c) Think of a good thing.
(d) Take a pill.
8. What does Ed say Joey's grandmother did to cause him problems?
(a) Abused him.
(b) Left him.
(c) Berated him.
(d) Coddled him.
9. What does Ed say it is important for Joey to learn?
(a) To not give in to fears.
(b) To behave like other children.
(c) To sit still.
(d) To make good decisions.
10. What does Joey do when Ed says his mother is part of his problem?
(a) Defends her.
(d) Agrees with him.
11. What is Ed's nickname?
(b) Special Ed.
12. What does the nutritionist say Joey needs more of?
(d) All of these.
13. What does Joey fear when he is on the bus to his first day at the new school?
(a) They will take his mother away.
(b) His mother will forget about him.
(c) The bus will crash.
(d) He will never get back home.
14. What is wrong with May?
(a) Her eyes are crossed.
(b) Her feet point inwards.
(c) She is hard of hearing.
(d) She can only read backwards.
15. What habit does Joey want his mother to stop?
(c) Working late.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey's mother do when she sees the dirty band aid Joey picks up?
2. How does Joey feel about boarding the bus to his new school alone?
3. What advice does Joey get about moving forward?
4. What does Joey's mother say on the way to Pittsburgh that hurts his feelings?
5. What does Joey plan to make with his new slogan?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)