|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joey's mother promise him if he is good at the new school?
(a) They will visit his father.
(b) He can get a dog.
(c) His grandmother will come home.
(d) She will stop drinking.
2. Why does Joey's mother pinch him when they are talking to the principal after Joey hurts a class mate?
(a) So he will come out of his trance.
(b) To show she supports him.
(c) To keep him on task.
(d) To punish him more.
3. How does Maria's father respond to Joey's attempts to make it up to Maria?
(a) He almost attacks him.
(b) He rips up the letter.
(c) He hits him.
(d) He threatens to press charges.
4. What advice does Joey get about moving forward?
(a) Its time to switch gears.
(b) The future is always brighter than the past.
(c) The past is behind you.
(d) Never look back.
5. Who brings Joey homework while he is at the new school?
(a) His mother.
(b) The principal.
(c) Ms. Maxy.
(d) The school nurse.
6. Who does Joey hope to see while in Pittsburgh?
(b) His grandmother.
(d) His father.
7. What does Ed say Joey's grandmother did to cause him problems?
(a) Berated him.
(b) Left him.
(c) Coddled him.
(d) Abused him.
8. What does the driver to Joey's new school call him?
(a) The nose slicer.
(b) The foster child.
(c) The bad seed.
(d) The new kid.
9. Why is Joey sent to Pittsburgh?
(a) To attend a new school.
(b) To get a brain scan.
(c) To speak with his father.
(d) To talk to Maria.
10. Who does Joey have an appointment with on his second day at the new school?
(a) The psychologist.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The nurse.
(d) The nutritionist.
11. What does Joey's mother say on the way to Pittsburgh that hurts his feelings?
(a) His father would not know him if he saw him.
(b) Taking the day off will never be worth it.
(c) She already knows what the scan will say.
(d) She wishes he had never been born.
12. What does Maria's father call Joey?
(a) A nobody.
(d) Messed up.
13. What does Joey plan to make with his new slogan?
(a) Vinyl signs.
(b) Bumper stickers.
(d) Pencil cases.
14. What does Joey's mother do when she sees the dirty band aid Joey picks up?
(a) Slaps his hand.
(b) Gives him a clean one.
15. How does Joey feel about boarding the bus to his new school alone?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joey get to Pittsburgh?
2. How does Joey feel when he sneaks out of class while he has a substitute teacher?
3. How is Joey punished for hurting a classmate?
4. What does Joey's mother say Joey is not?
5. What does Joey ask his mother for more of after his first day at the new school?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)