|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Joey's punishment remain in force after hurting a classmate?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 5 weeks.
2. What does Joey's mother do when she sees the dirty band aid Joey picks up?
(a) Slaps his hand.
(d) Gives him a clean one.
3. Who does Joey have an appointment with on his second day at the new school?
(a) The nutritionist.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The nurse.
(d) The psychologist.
4. What kind of book does Joey's mom buy him?
(a) A book about baseball.
(b) A poetry book.
(c) A book about dogs.
(d) A large picture book.
5. What does Joey's mother promise him if he is good at the new school?
(a) He can get a dog.
(b) She will stop drinking.
(c) His grandmother will come home.
(d) They will visit his father.
6. Why can't Joey's mother see his bus off to the new school?
(a) He is too old.
(b) She is ashamed.
(c) She has to work.
(d) He has been naughty.
7. Why does Joey's mother pinch him when they are talking to the principal after Joey hurts a class mate?
(a) To punish him more.
(b) To show she supports him.
(c) So he will come out of his trance.
(d) To keep him on task.
8. What does Joey feel inspired to do after listening to Mrs. Cole?
(a) Study harder.
(b) Become a teacher.
(c) Be more normal.
(d) Make the world a better place.
9. Who helps Joey prove he is not being abused?
(a) The school nurse.
(c) Joey's mother.
(d) Mrs. Maxy.
10. How does Joey tell his mother he felt during his first day at the new school?
11. What does Joey have for dinner after his first day at the new school?
(a) Macaroni and cheese.
(c) Fried chicken.
12. What is wrong with Charlie?
(a) He has no legs.
(b) He has no nose.
(c) He has no ears.
(d) He has no arms.
13. What does Joey's mother get defensive about when he tells her what Ed said on his first day at the new school?
(a) Leaving when he was little.
(b) Her drinking.
(c) Joey's father.
(d) Her gambling.
14. Where is Joey told to get counseling?
(a) The school counseling center.
(b) A Special Education center.
(c) The nurse's office.
(d) A therapeutic office.
15. What does Charlie do when Joey sits next to him?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Shakes his hand.
(c) Kisses him on the cheek.
(d) Teaches him a song.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey scream after hurting a class mate?
2. What does Joey try to replace the severed nose of his classmate with?
3. How does Joey's mother feel while he tells her what Ed said?
4. What does Joey say in a restaurant that makes his mother cry?
5. How many presents does Joey get from his mother when he goes to his new school?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)