|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joey try to make it up to Maria?
(a) He goes to her house to apologize.
(b) He cuts his own nose and takes a picture.
(c) He writes her a nice letter.
(d) He sings songs in front of her window.
2. Why does Joey hope to find the severed nose of his classmate?
(a) So he can make ammends.
(b) So he won't be in trouble anymore.
(c) He wants the bad dreams to stop.
(d) He is curious what it looks like.
3. What does Joey hurt another student with?
(a) His fingernails.
4. What is Joey's first present from his mother when he goes to his new school?
(a) Some advice.
(b) A pill bottle.
(c) A notebook.
(d) A framed picture.
5. How does Joey tell his mother he felt during his first day at the new school?
6. Who brings Joey homework while he is at the new school?
(a) The principal.
(b) His mother.
(c) Ms. Maxy.
(d) The school nurse.
7. What does Ed say Joey's grandmother did to cause him problems?
(a) Left him.
(b) Abused him.
(c) Berated him.
(d) Coddled him.
8. What is Ed's occupation?
(a) Case worker.
(b) Special Education teacher.
(c) Personal assistant.
(d) Bus driver.
9. What does Ed say causes Joey's fears?
(a) His father's life-style.
(b) His medication.
(c) His abandonment issues.
(d) His condition.
10. How does Joey's mother feel while he tells her what Ed said?
11. How does Mr. Preston feel about Joey's mother not coming to the appointment?
12. Why does Joey go to the nurse after sneaking out of class when he has a substitute?
(a) To get some pepto bismol.
(b) To take his medication.
(c) To lay down for a while.
(d) To wrap his ankle.
13. What is Joey left in a room with as part of a test?
(a) Paper and crayons.
(b) Some legos.
(c) A box of bandaids.
(d) Some flowers and a vase.
14. What does Joey try to replace the severed nose of his classmate with?
(a) His own nose.
(b) A piece of chalk.
(c) Some clay.
(d) A picture.
15. Who does Joey have an appointment with on his second day at the new school?
(a) The psychologist.
(b) The nutritionist.
(c) The nurse.
(d) The doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Joey's punishment remain in force after hurting a classmate?
2. What is wrong with May?
3. Why does Mr. Preston think Joey is being abused?
4. What does Joey's mother say Joey is not?
5. Why does Ed say Joey is at his new school?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)