|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joey see when he sneaks out of class when he has a substitute teacher?
(a) A game.
(b) A movie.
(c) A presentation.
(d) A party.
2. What does Joey have for dinner after his first day at the new school?
(a) Macaroni and cheese.
(c) Fried chicken.
3. What is Joey's mother's name?
4. Who does Joey have an appointment with on his second day at the new school?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The psychologist.
(c) The nurse.
(d) The nutritionist.
5. Who does Joey sneak out of class with when he has a substitute teacher?
(a) The Special Education students.
(b) The gifted students.
(c) The afternoon class students.
(d) The morning class students.
6. Why is Joey sent to Pittsburgh?
(a) To attend a new school.
(b) To get a brain scan.
(c) To talk to Maria.
(d) To speak with his father.
7. What is Mrs. Cole's occupation?
(a) Motivational speaker.
(c) Substitute teacher.
(d) Gifted teacher.
8. How does Joey tell his mother he felt during his first day at the new school?
9. Who does Maria's father blame for what happened to Joey?
(a) Joey's father.
(b) Joey's mother.
(c) Joey's teacher.
10. What does Joey fear when he is on the bus to his first day at the new school?
(a) He will never get back home.
(b) His mother will forget about him.
(c) They will take his mother away.
(d) The bus will crash.
11. What keeps Joey from jumping off the bus at the railroad tracks?
(a) His medication.
(b) Charlie's eyes.
(c) His fear of getting lost.
(d) The request from his mother.
12. What kind of school is Maria transferred to?
(a) Gifted School.
(b) Private School.
(c) Home school.
(d) Catholic school.
13. Where is Joey told to get counseling?
(a) The school counseling center.
(b) A therapeutic office.
(c) The nurse's office.
(d) A Special Education center.
14. Who helps Joey prove he is not being abused?
(a) The school nurse.
(b) Joey's mother.
(c) Mrs. Maxy.
15. How does Joey's mother feel while he tells her what Ed said?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey's mother tell Joey to do when he thinks of bad things?
2. What advice does Joey get about moving forward?
3. What does Ed say it is important for Joey to learn?
4. Why does Ed say Joey is at his new school?
5. How does Joey feel about boarding the bus to his new school alone?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)