|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joey's new slogan about families?
(a) Treat You Family Good.
(b) Families are Forever.
(c) Hate is not a Family Value.
(d) Love You Family, and They will Love You.
2. How does Maria's father respond to Joey's attempts to make it up to Maria?
(a) He threatens to press charges.
(b) He hits him.
(c) He rips up the letter.
(d) He almost attacks him.
3. How long does Joey's punishment remain in force after hurting a classmate?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
4. Why is Joey sent to Pittsburgh?
(a) To talk to Maria.
(b) To get a brain scan.
(c) To speak with his father.
(d) To attend a new school.
5. Who does Joey hope to see while in Pittsburgh?
(a) His grandmother.
(c) His father.
6. What does Maria's father call Joey?
(b) A nobody.
(d) Messed up.
7. What is the name of the student Joey hurts?
8. What does Joey's mother do when she sees the dirty band aid Joey picks up?
(a) Gives him a clean one.
(d) Slaps his hand.
9. What does Joey have for dinner after his first day at the new school?
(a) Fried chicken.
(d) Macaroni and cheese.
10. Why does Joey pick up a dirty band aid off the ground?
(a) It looks like the nose to him.
(b) He wants to give it to Muriel
(c) He thinks it is the one he took off.
(d) His scratched arm hurts.
11. Who does Maria's father blame for what happened to Joey?
(b) Joey's teacher.
(c) Joey's mother.
(d) Joey's father.
12. How does Joey's mother feel while he tells her what Ed said?
13. Where is Joey told to get counseling?
(a) The school counseling center.
(b) The nurse's office.
(c) A Special Education center.
(d) A therapeutic office.
14. Who helps Joey prove he is not being abused?
(a) The school nurse.
(b) Joey's mother.
(d) Mrs. Maxy.
15. What is Ed's occupation?
(a) Personal assistant.
(b) Case worker.
(c) Special Education teacher.
(d) Bus driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joey get to Pittsburgh?
2. Who brings Joey homework while he is at the new school?
3. What does Joey's mother say Joey is not?
4. What does Joey scream after hurting a class mate?
5. What does Ed say causes Joey's fears?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)