|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joey pick up a dirty band aid off the ground?
(a) He thinks it is the one he took off.
(b) It looks like the nose to him.
(c) His scratched arm hurts.
(d) He wants to give it to Muriel
2. What does Joey scream after hurting a class mate?
(a) I didn't mean to.
(b) I'm sorry.
3. What is May's sister's name?
4. Who brings Joey homework while he is at the new school?
(a) Ms. Maxy.
(b) The school nurse.
(c) His mother.
(d) The principal.
5. What does Joey's mother say Joey is not?
6. What kind of book does Joey's mom buy him?
(a) A large picture book.
(b) A book about baseball.
(c) A book about dogs.
(d) A poetry book.
7. What does Joey's mother tell Joey to do when he thinks of bad things?
(a) Take a pill.
(b) Look at her picture.
(c) Think of a good thing.
(d) Draw in the notebook.
8. What does Ed say causes Joey's fears?
(a) His abandonment issues.
(b) His father's life-style.
(c) His condition.
(d) His medication.
9. What is Joey's first present from his mother when he goes to his new school?
(a) Some advice.
(b) A notebook.
(c) A framed picture.
(d) A pill bottle.
10. What does Joey's mother get defensive about when he tells her what Ed said on his first day at the new school?
(a) Her gambling.
(b) Her drinking.
(c) Leaving when he was little.
(d) Joey's father.
11. Why does Joey go to the nurse after sneaking out of class when he has a substitute?
(a) To take his medication.
(b) To wrap his ankle.
(c) To get some pepto bismol.
(d) To lay down for a while.
12. What advice does Joey get about moving forward?
(a) The past is behind you.
(b) Never look back.
(c) Its time to switch gears.
(d) The future is always brighter than the past.
13. How does Joey get to Pittsburgh?
(a) His mother drives him.
(b) He takes a cab.
(c) He gets a train ticket.
(d) He takes a bus.
14. What does Joey ask his mother for more of after his first day at the new school?
(a) A ride to school.
(b) A better house.
(c) New medication.
(d) Some responsibility.
15. How does Mr. Preston feel about Joey's mother not coming to the appointment?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joey left in a room with as part of a test?
2. What does Ed say Joey's grandmother did to cause him problems?
3. How does Maria's father respond to Joey's attempts to make it up to Maria?
4. What is Ed's occupation?
5. Who helps Joey prove he is not being abused?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)