|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What habit does Joey want his mother to stop?
(d) Working late.
2. How does Mr. Preston feel about Joey's mother not coming to the appointment?
3. What does Ed say Joey's grandmother did to cause him problems?
(a) Abused him.
(b) Left him.
(c) Coddled him.
(d) Berated him.
4. What does Joey's mother get defensive about when he tells her what Ed said on his first day at the new school?
(a) Joey's father.
(b) Her drinking.
(c) Leaving when he was little.
(d) Her gambling.
5. How is Joey punished for hurting a classmate?
(a) He gets a record.
(b) He has detention.
(c) He is expelled.
(d) He is suspended.
6. Why is Joey sent to Pittsburgh?
(a) To speak with his father.
(b) To attend a new school.
(c) To get a brain scan.
(d) To talk to Maria.
7. Who brings Joey homework while he is at the new school?
(a) The school nurse.
(b) The principal.
(c) His mother.
(d) Ms. Maxy.
8. How does Joey try to make it up to Maria?
(a) He goes to her house to apologize.
(b) He sings songs in front of her window.
(c) He cuts his own nose and takes a picture.
(d) He writes her a nice letter.
9. What is Joey's mother's name?
10. How does Joey's mother feel while he tells her what Ed said?
11. What is the name of the student Joey hurts?
12. What does Charlie do when Joey sits next to him?
(a) Shakes his hand.
(b) Kisses him on the cheek.
(c) Hugs him.
(d) Teaches him a song.
13. What does Joey's mother do when she sees the dirty band aid Joey picks up?
(b) Gives him a clean one.
(d) Slaps his hand.
14. What does the boy in the helmet do on the bus ride to the new school?
(a) Falls asleep.
(b) Smack his head into the seats.
(d) Shouts out obscenities.
15. Why does Ed say Joey is at his new school?
(a) To protect himself.
(b) To get some help.
(c) To be punished.
(d) To protect others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Joey get about moving forward?
2. How long does Joey's punishment remain in force after hurting a classmate?
3. Why does Joey go to the nurse after sneaking out of class when he has a substitute?
4. What is Ed's nickname?
5. Who does Maria's father blame for what happened to Joey?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)