|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Joey's punishment remain in force after hurting a classmate?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 5 weeks.
2. What is Ed's nickname?
(c) Special Ed.
3. What is Joey's mother's name?
4. What does Joey's mother get defensive about when he tells her what Ed said on his first day at the new school?
(a) Leaving when he was little.
(b) Her drinking.
(c) Joey's father.
(d) Her gambling.
5. What does Joey's mother say Joey is not?
6. What habit does Joey want his mother to stop?
(c) Working late.
7. How does Joey feel when he sneaks out of class while he has a substitute teacher?
8. What does Joey try to replace the severed nose of his classmate with?
(a) Some clay.
(b) A piece of chalk.
(c) His own nose.
(d) A picture.
9. What does the boy in the helmet do on the bus ride to the new school?
(a) Falls asleep.
(b) Smack his head into the seats.
(c) Shouts out obscenities.
10. What does Joey fear when he is on the bus to his first day at the new school?
(a) His mother will forget about him.
(b) He will never get back home.
(c) They will take his mother away.
(d) The bus will crash.
11. What advice does Joey get about moving forward?
(a) The past is behind you.
(b) Never look back.
(c) Its time to switch gears.
(d) The future is always brighter than the past.
12. What is wrong with Charlie?
(a) He has no ears.
(b) He has no nose.
(c) He has no legs.
(d) He has no arms.
13. Who does Maria's father blame for what happened to Joey?
(b) Joey's father.
(c) Joey's teacher.
(d) Joey's mother.
14. How does Joey try to make it up to Maria?
(a) He writes her a nice letter.
(b) He goes to her house to apologize.
(c) He sings songs in front of her window.
(d) He cuts his own nose and takes a picture.
15. What does Joey's mother do when she sees the dirty band aid Joey picks up?
(a) Slaps his hand.
(d) Gives him a clean one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Maria transferred to a different school?
2. What is Joey's new slogan about families?
3. How does Joey feel about boarding the bus to his new school alone?
4. What does Joey hurt another student with?
5. Why does Mr. Preston think Joey is being abused?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)