|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joey have for dinner after his first day at the new school?
(a) Macaroni and cheese.
(d) Fried chicken.
2. Who helps Joey prove he is not being abused?
(a) Joey's mother.
(b) The school nurse.
(c) Mrs. Maxy.
3. Why is Maria transferred to a different school?
(a) Her father thinks public school is too violent.
(b) He didn't want her to turn out like Joey.
(c) She was not learning as well as she could.
(d) She was suffering PTSD.
4. What is Mrs. Cole's occupation?
(a) Gifted teacher.
(b) Substitute teacher.
(c) Motivational speaker.
5. What does Joey's mother say on the way to Pittsburgh that hurts his feelings?
(a) His father would not know him if he saw him.
(b) She already knows what the scan will say.
(c) Taking the day off will never be worth it.
(d) She wishes he had never been born.
6. What keeps Joey from jumping off the bus at the railroad tracks?
(a) His fear of getting lost.
(b) His medication.
(c) The request from his mother.
(d) Charlie's eyes.
7. What does Joey hurt another student with?
(a) His fingernails.
8. What does Joey's mother tell Joey to do when he thinks of bad things?
(a) Take a pill.
(b) Look at her picture.
(c) Think of a good thing.
(d) Draw in the notebook.
9. Who does Maria's father blame for what happened to Joey?
(a) Joey's mother.
(b) Joey's teacher.
(d) Joey's father.
10. What kind of school is Maria transferred to?
(a) Gifted School.
(b) Catholic school.
(c) Home school.
(d) Private School.
11. How long does Joey's punishment remain in force after hurting a classmate?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 6 weeks.
12. Who does Joey sneak out of class with when he has a substitute teacher?
(a) The gifted students.
(b) The afternoon class students.
(c) The morning class students.
(d) The Special Education students.
13. Who does Joey hope to see while in Pittsburgh?
(a) His grandmother.
(c) His father.
14. Why does Joey hope to find the severed nose of his classmate?
(a) He is curious what it looks like.
(b) He wants the bad dreams to stop.
(c) So he won't be in trouble anymore.
(d) So he can make ammends.
15. What kind of book does Joey's mom buy him?
(a) A large picture book.
(b) A poetry book.
(c) A book about baseball.
(d) A book about dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie do when Joey sits next to him?
2. What does Joey ask his mother for more of after his first day at the new school?
3. What does Joey plan to make with his new slogan?
4. Why does Ed say Joey is at his new school?
5. What is Joey's mother's name?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)