|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ed say Joey's grandmother did to cause him problems?
(a) Berated him.
(b) Abused him.
(c) Left him.
(d) Coddled him.
2. What does Charlie do when Joey sits next to him?
(a) Kisses him on the cheek.
(b) Shakes his hand.
(c) Teaches him a song.
(d) Hugs him.
3. Who does Joey sneak out of class with when he has a substitute teacher?
(a) The Special Education students.
(b) The gifted students.
(c) The afternoon class students.
(d) The morning class students.
4. Who does Joey have an appointment with on his second day at the new school?
(a) The psychologist.
(b) The nurse.
(c) The nutritionist.
(d) The doctor.
5. What does Ed say causes Joey's fears?
(a) His condition.
(b) His abandonment issues.
(c) His father's life-style.
(d) His medication.
6. What does Maria's father call Joey?
(b) Messed up.
(c) A nobody.
7. Why does Ed say Joey is at his new school?
(a) To protect others.
(b) To be punished.
(c) To protect himself.
(d) To get some help.
8. What does Joey hurt another student with?
(a) His fingernails.
9. What does Joey's mother do when she sees the dirty band aid Joey picks up?
(a) Gives him a clean one.
(b) Slaps his hand.
10. What is Mrs. Cole's occupation?
(a) Motivational speaker.
(b) Gifted teacher.
(c) Substitute teacher.
11. What kind of book does Joey's mom buy him?
(a) A book about baseball.
(b) A book about dogs.
(c) A large picture book.
(d) A poetry book.
12. What does Ed say it is important for Joey to learn?
(a) To make good decisions.
(b) To behave like other children.
(c) To not give in to fears.
(d) To sit still.
13. How does Joey feel about boarding the bus to his new school alone?
14. What does Joey try to replace the severed nose of his classmate with?
(a) His own nose.
(b) A picture.
(c) Some clay.
(d) A piece of chalk.
15. What is May's sister's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joey feel when he sneaks out of class while he has a substitute teacher?
2. Why can't Joey's mother see his bus off to the new school?
3. What is Joey's first present from his mother when he goes to his new school?
4. What is Joey's new slogan about families?
5. How does Joey get to Pittsburgh?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)