|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joey plan to make with his new slogan?
(a) Pencil cases.
(c) Bumper stickers.
(d) Vinyl signs.
2. What is May's sister's name?
3. How does Joey tell his mother he felt during his first day at the new school?
4. What is wrong with May?
(a) Her eyes are crossed.
(b) Her feet point inwards.
(c) She is hard of hearing.
(d) She can only read backwards.
5. What is Ed's nickname?
(b) Special Ed.
6. What does Joey try to do when he gets home after trying to make it up to Maria?
(a) Reads a big book.
(b) Calls his therapist.
(c) Tries to find his medication.
(d) Draws a picture.
7. What is the name of the student Joey hurts?
8. How long does Joey's punishment remain in force after hurting a classmate?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 5 weeks.
9. What does Joey's mother promise him if he is good at the new school?
(a) They will visit his father.
(b) She will stop drinking.
(c) He can get a dog.
(d) His grandmother will come home.
10. Why is Joey sent to Pittsburgh?
(a) To get a brain scan.
(b) To speak with his father.
(c) To talk to Maria.
(d) To attend a new school.
11. What is Joey's new slogan about families?
(a) Treat You Family Good.
(b) Hate is not a Family Value.
(c) Families are Forever.
(d) Love You Family, and They will Love You.
12. Who brings Joey homework while he is at the new school?
(a) Ms. Maxy.
(b) The principal.
(c) The school nurse.
(d) His mother.
13. What does Joey's mother do when she sees the dirty band aid Joey picks up?
(a) Gives him a clean one.
(d) Slaps his hand.
14. What does Ed say Joey's grandmother did to cause him problems?
(a) Coddled him.
(b) Berated him.
(c) Abused him.
(d) Left him.
15. Who does Joey hope to see while in Pittsburgh?
(a) His father.
(d) His grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Joey's mother see his bus off to the new school?
2. Why is Maria transferred to a different school?
3. What does Joey hurt another student with?
4. What does Joey try to replace the severed nose of his classmate with?
5. Who does Maria's father blame for what happened to Joey?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)