|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Maria transferred to a different school?
(a) She was suffering PTSD.
(b) Her father thinks public school is too violent.
(c) She was not learning as well as she could.
(d) He didn't want her to turn out like Joey.
2. What does Joey's mother get defensive about when he tells her what Ed said on his first day at the new school?
(a) Leaving when he was little.
(b) Joey's father.
(c) Her drinking.
(d) Her gambling.
3. What does Joey's mother tell Joey to do when he thinks of bad things?
(a) Think of a good thing.
(b) Draw in the notebook.
(c) Take a pill.
(d) Look at her picture.
4. Who does Joey sneak out of class with when he has a substitute teacher?
(a) The gifted students.
(b) The Special Education students.
(c) The afternoon class students.
(d) The morning class students.
5. How long does Joey's punishment remain in force after hurting a classmate?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 6 weeks.
6. What does Joey say in a restaurant that makes his mother cry?
(a) Nobody believes him.
(b) People think he is brain damaged.
(c) He wants to be good.
(d) He is sorry she is so sad.
7. What kind of book does Joey's mom buy him?
(a) A poetry book.
(b) A book about baseball.
(c) A book about dogs.
(d) A large picture book.
8. What does the nutritionist say Joey needs more of?
(a) All of these.
9. What is the name of the student Joey hurts?
10. What does Maria's father call Joey?
(b) A nobody.
(c) Messed up.
11. What does Joey have for dinner after his first day at the new school?
(b) Fried chicken.
(d) Macaroni and cheese.
12. How many presents does Joey get from his mother when he goes to his new school?
13. What is Mrs. Cole's occupation?
(a) Gifted teacher.
(b) Motivational speaker.
(c) Substitute teacher.
14. How does Maria's father respond to Joey's attempts to make it up to Maria?
(a) He threatens to press charges.
(b) He rips up the letter.
(c) He hits him.
(d) He almost attacks him.
15. What does Ed say it is important for Joey to learn?
(a) To sit still.
(b) To not give in to fears.
(c) To make good decisions.
(d) To behave like other children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joey go to the nurse after sneaking out of class when he has a substitute?
2. What does Joey's mother say on the way to Pittsburgh that hurts his feelings?
3. What does Joey plan to make with his new slogan?
4. How does Joey tell his mother he felt during his first day at the new school?
5. How does Joey's mother feel while he tells her what Ed said?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)