|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Charlie?
(a) He has no arms.
(b) He has no nose.
(c) He has no legs.
(d) He has no ears.
2. How long does Joey's punishment remain in force after hurting a classmate?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 6 weeks.
3. Where does Joey go when he sneaks out of class when he has a substitute teacher?
(a) The Special Education classroom.
(b) The auditorium.
(c) The cafeteria.
(d) The playground.
4. How does Joey get to Pittsburgh?
(a) He takes a cab.
(b) His mother drives him.
(c) He takes a bus.
(d) He gets a train ticket.
5. What is Joey's first present from his mother when he goes to his new school?
(a) A framed picture.
(b) A notebook.
(c) A pill bottle.
(d) Some advice.
6. Why does Joey pick up a dirty band aid off the ground?
(a) He wants to give it to Muriel
(b) He thinks it is the one he took off.
(c) His scratched arm hurts.
(d) It looks like the nose to him.
7. Who does Joey sneak out of class with when he has a substitute teacher?
(a) The Special Education students.
(b) The gifted students.
(c) The afternoon class students.
(d) The morning class students.
8. What is Joey's mother's name?
9. Who does Joey have an appointment with on his second day at the new school?
(a) The psychologist.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The nutritionist.
(d) The nurse.
10. What does Ed say Joey's grandmother did to cause him problems?
(a) Berated him.
(b) Coddled him.
(c) Left him.
(d) Abused him.
11. Where is Joey told to get counseling?
(a) The school counseling center.
(b) A therapeutic office.
(c) A Special Education center.
(d) The nurse's office.
12. Why can't Joey's mother see his bus off to the new school?
(a) She has to work.
(b) She is ashamed.
(c) He has been naughty.
(d) He is too old.
13. How does Joey tell his mother he felt during his first day at the new school?
14. What does Joey's mother say on the way to Pittsburgh that hurts his feelings?
(a) His father would not know him if he saw him.
(b) She wishes he had never been born.
(c) Taking the day off will never be worth it.
(d) She already knows what the scan will say.
15. What keeps Joey from jumping off the bus at the railroad tracks?
(a) His fear of getting lost.
(b) Charlie's eyes.
(c) His medication.
(d) The request from his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie do when Joey sits next to him?
2. How does Maria's father respond to Joey's attempts to make it up to Maria?
3. What does Joey ask his mother for more of after his first day at the new school?
4. What does Ed say it is important for Joey to learn?
5. What is the name of the student Joey hurts?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)