|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joey feel when he sneaks out of class while he has a substitute teacher?
2. Why does Joey pick up a dirty band aid off the ground?
(a) He thinks it is the one he took off.
(b) He wants to give it to Muriel
(c) It looks like the nose to him.
(d) His scratched arm hurts.
3. What does Joey have for dinner after his first day at the new school?
(b) Macaroni and cheese.
(d) Fried chicken.
4. Who does Joey sneak out of class with when he has a substitute teacher?
(a) The Special Education students.
(b) The morning class students.
(c) The afternoon class students.
(d) The gifted students.
5. What does Joey plan to make with his new slogan?
(b) Vinyl signs.
(c) Bumper stickers.
(d) Pencil cases.
6. What does the driver to Joey's new school call him?
(a) The bad seed.
(b) The nose slicer.
(c) The new kid.
(d) The foster child.
7. What is wrong with Charlie?
(a) He has no ears.
(b) He has no legs.
(c) He has no nose.
(d) He has no arms.
8. Why does Mr. Preston think Joey is being abused?
(a) He is always crying.
(b) He is afraid of men.
(c) He has band aids all over him.
(d) He has bruises all over him.
9. What habit does Joey want his mother to stop?
(d) Working late.
10. What does Joey scream after hurting a class mate?
(b) I didn't mean to.
(c) I'm sorry.
11. How many presents does Joey get from his mother when he goes to his new school?
12. What does Joey's mother get defensive about when he tells her what Ed said on his first day at the new school?
(a) Her drinking.
(b) Leaving when he was little.
(c) Joey's father.
(d) Her gambling.
13. How does Joey's mother feel while he tells her what Ed said?
14. Why does Joey hope to find the severed nose of his classmate?
(a) So he won't be in trouble anymore.
(b) He wants the bad dreams to stop.
(c) So he can make ammends.
(d) He is curious what it looks like.
15. What does Joey's mother promise him if he is good at the new school?
(a) They will visit his father.
(b) His grandmother will come home.
(c) He can get a dog.
(d) She will stop drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of book does Joey's mom buy him?
2. What does Joey fear when he is on the bus to his first day at the new school?
3. What does Joey hurt another student with?
4. Why is Maria transferred to a different school?
5. What is wrong with May?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)