|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of book does Joey's mom buy him?
(a) A large picture book.
(b) A poetry book.
(c) A book about dogs.
(d) A book about baseball.
2. What does Joey try to replace the severed nose of his classmate with?
(a) Some clay.
(b) His own nose.
(c) A piece of chalk.
(d) A picture.
3. Who does Joey hope to see while in Pittsburgh?
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His father.
4. What does Joey ask his mother for more of after his first day at the new school?
(a) New medication.
(b) Some responsibility.
(c) A better house.
(d) A ride to school.
5. What does Joey hurt another student with?
(d) His fingernails.
6. What is wrong with Charlie?
(a) He has no legs.
(b) He has no arms.
(c) He has no ears.
(d) He has no nose.
7. How does Joey tell his mother he felt during his first day at the new school?
8. How does Joey feel when he sneaks out of class while he has a substitute teacher?
9. What does Joey fear when he is on the bus to his first day at the new school?
(a) They will take his mother away.
(b) His mother will forget about him.
(c) He will never get back home.
(d) The bus will crash.
10. What does Charlie do when Joey sits next to him?
(a) Shakes his hand.
(b) Teaches him a song.
(c) Hugs him.
(d) Kisses him on the cheek.
11. Who helps Joey prove he is not being abused?
(a) Mrs. Maxy.
(b) Joey's mother.
(c) The school nurse.
12. Why does Joey go to the nurse after sneaking out of class when he has a substitute?
(a) To lay down for a while.
(b) To take his medication.
(c) To wrap his ankle.
(d) To get some pepto bismol.
13. What does Joey have for dinner after his first day at the new school?
(a) Macaroni and cheese.
(d) Fried chicken.
14. How does Joey feel about boarding the bus to his new school alone?
15. Why does Joey pick up a dirty band aid off the ground?
(a) He thinks it is the one he took off.
(b) His scratched arm hurts.
(c) He wants to give it to Muriel
(d) It looks like the nose to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey's mother say on the way to Pittsburgh that hurts his feelings?
2. What advice does Joey get about moving forward?
3. What kind of school is Maria transferred to?
4. What does Joey's mother say she did before coming back to him?
5. What does Joey's mother tell Joey to do when he thinks of bad things?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)