|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the nutritionist say Joey needs more of?
(c) All of these.
2. Why does Mr. Preston think Joey is being abused?
(a) He has bruises all over him.
(b) He is always crying.
(c) He has band aids all over him.
(d) He is afraid of men.
3. Why is Joey sent to Pittsburgh?
(a) To talk to Maria.
(b) To speak with his father.
(c) To attend a new school.
(d) To get a brain scan.
4. What does Joey ask his mother for more of after his first day at the new school?
(a) A ride to school.
(b) Some responsibility.
(c) New medication.
(d) A better house.
5. What does Joey's mother say Joey is not?
6. What does Joey fear when he is on the bus to his first day at the new school?
(a) His mother will forget about him.
(b) He will never get back home.
(c) The bus will crash.
(d) They will take his mother away.
7. How many presents does Joey get from his mother when he goes to his new school?
8. What does Joey's mother promise him if he is good at the new school?
(a) They will visit his father.
(b) His grandmother will come home.
(c) He can get a dog.
(d) She will stop drinking.
9. How does Joey's mother feel while he tells her what Ed said?
10. What does Joey's mother do when she sees the dirty band aid Joey picks up?
(c) Gives him a clean one.
(d) Slaps his hand.
11. What does Joey say in a restaurant that makes his mother cry?
(a) People think he is brain damaged.
(b) He is sorry she is so sad.
(c) He wants to be good.
(d) Nobody believes him.
12. What is wrong with May?
(a) She is hard of hearing.
(b) She can only read backwards.
(c) Her eyes are crossed.
(d) Her feet point inwards.
13. Why does Joey hope to find the severed nose of his classmate?
(a) He is curious what it looks like.
(b) So he won't be in trouble anymore.
(c) So he can make ammends.
(d) He wants the bad dreams to stop.
14. What is May's sister's name?
15. Who does Joey sneak out of class with when he has a substitute teacher?
(a) The Special Education students.
(b) The morning class students.
(c) The gifted students.
(d) The afternoon class students.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joey hope to see while in Pittsburgh?
2. Who helps Joey prove he is not being abused?
3. How long does Joey's punishment remain in force after hurting a classmate?
4. Why does Ed say Joey is at his new school?
5. What does Joey's mother say she did before coming back to him?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)