|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ed say Joey is at his new school?
(a) To be punished.
(b) To protect himself.
(c) To get some help.
(d) To protect others.
2. What is Joey's new slogan about families?
(a) Treat You Family Good.
(b) Hate is not a Family Value.
(c) Love You Family, and They will Love You.
(d) Families are Forever.
3. How does Joey try to make it up to Maria?
(a) He sings songs in front of her window.
(b) He writes her a nice letter.
(c) He cuts his own nose and takes a picture.
(d) He goes to her house to apologize.
4. What kind of book does Joey's mom buy him?
(a) A book about baseball.
(b) A poetry book.
(c) A book about dogs.
(d) A large picture book.
5. How does Mr. Preston feel about Joey's mother not coming to the appointment?
6. Why is Joey sent to Pittsburgh?
(a) To attend a new school.
(b) To get a brain scan.
(c) To talk to Maria.
(d) To speak with his father.
7. What does Joey say in a restaurant that makes his mother cry?
(a) He is sorry she is so sad.
(b) People think he is brain damaged.
(c) Nobody believes him.
(d) He wants to be good.
8. What is wrong with May?
(a) Her eyes are crossed.
(b) She is hard of hearing.
(c) Her feet point inwards.
(d) She can only read backwards.
9. Who does Joey hope to see while in Pittsburgh?
(c) His father.
(d) His grandmother.
10. What does Joey try to replace the severed nose of his classmate with?
(a) A piece of chalk.
(b) His own nose.
(c) A picture.
(d) Some clay.
11. What does Joey hurt another student with?
(a) His fingernails.
12. Why does Mr. Preston think Joey is being abused?
(a) He is afraid of men.
(b) He has band aids all over him.
(c) He has bruises all over him.
(d) He is always crying.
13. What is Joey's mother's name?
14. What is Mrs. Cole's occupation?
(a) Motivational speaker.
(b) Gifted teacher.
(c) Substitute teacher.
15. What is the name of the student Joey hurts?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Charlie?
2. What is Joey's first present from his mother when he goes to his new school?
3. How many presents does Joey get from his mother when he goes to his new school?
4. What does Joey have for dinner after his first day at the new school?
5. Who helps Joey prove he is not being abused?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)