|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What goal does Joey tell the school nurse about?
(a) He wants to become a teacher.
(b) He wants to do one good thing every day.
(c) He wants to help his mom stop drinking.
(d) He wants to invent a better medicine for kids like him.
2. What does Joey's mother tell Joey to do when he thinks of bad things?
(a) Look at her picture.
(b) Take a pill.
(c) Draw in the notebook.
(d) Think of a good thing.
3. Why does Joey hope to find the severed nose of his classmate?
(a) He is curious what it looks like.
(b) So he can make ammends.
(c) He wants the bad dreams to stop.
(d) So he won't be in trouble anymore.
4. Why is Joey sent to Pittsburgh?
(a) To attend a new school.
(b) To talk to Maria.
(c) To speak with his father.
(d) To get a brain scan.
5. What does the nutritionist say Joey needs more of?
(a) All of these.
6. What does the boy in the helmet do on the bus ride to the new school?
(b) Shouts out obscenities.
(c) Smack his head into the seats.
(d) Falls asleep.
7. What is Ed's occupation?
(a) Special Education teacher.
(b) Personal assistant.
(c) Case worker.
(d) Bus driver.
8. What does Joey scream after hurting a class mate?
(a) I'm sorry.
(c) I didn't mean to.
9. What does Joey do when Ed says his mother is part of his problem?
(b) Agrees with him.
(c) Defends her.
10. How does Maria's father respond to Joey's attempts to make it up to Maria?
(a) He almost attacks him.
(b) He rips up the letter.
(c) He hits him.
(d) He threatens to press charges.
11. How long does Joey's punishment remain in force after hurting a classmate?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
12. What is Joey's mother's name?
13. What does Joey plan to make with his new slogan?
(a) Bumper stickers.
(b) Pencil cases.
(d) Vinyl signs.
14. How does Joey tell his mother he felt during his first day at the new school?
15. How does Joey feel when he sneaks out of class while he has a substitute teacher?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey's mother promise him if he is good at the new school?
2. What is Ed's nickname?
3. Why can't Joey's mother see his bus off to the new school?
4. What keeps Joey from jumping off the bus at the railroad tracks?
5. Where does Joey go when he sneaks out of class when he has a substitute teacher?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)