|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the student Joey hurts?
2. What does Ed say Joey's grandmother did to cause him problems?
(a) Left him.
(b) Coddled him.
(c) Berated him.
(d) Abused him.
3. What does the driver to Joey's new school call him?
(a) The bad seed.
(b) The nose slicer.
(c) The new kid.
(d) The foster child.
4. What does Joey's mother do when she sees the dirty band aid Joey picks up?
(c) Slaps his hand.
(d) Gives him a clean one.
5. What does Charlie do when Joey sits next to him?
(a) Teaches him a song.
(b) Hugs him.
(c) Kisses him on the cheek.
(d) Shakes his hand.
6. What does Joey say in a restaurant that makes his mother cry?
(a) He is sorry she is so sad.
(b) People think he is brain damaged.
(c) Nobody believes him.
(d) He wants to be good.
7. What goal does Joey tell the school nurse about?
(a) He wants to invent a better medicine for kids like him.
(b) He wants to do one good thing every day.
(c) He wants to help his mom stop drinking.
(d) He wants to become a teacher.
8. Who brings Joey homework while he is at the new school?
(a) The principal.
(b) The school nurse.
(c) Ms. Maxy.
(d) His mother.
9. What does Joey's mother say she did before coming back to him?
(a) Pulled herself together.
(b) Made herself ready.
(c) Got a job.
(d) Sought counselling.
10. What does Maria's father call Joey?
(a) Messed up.
(c) A nobody.
11. What does Joey see when he sneaks out of class when he has a substitute teacher?
(a) A party.
(b) A presentation.
(c) A movie.
(d) A game.
12. What does Joey's mother tell Joey to do when he thinks of bad things?
(a) Draw in the notebook.
(b) Take a pill.
(c) Think of a good thing.
(d) Look at her picture.
13. Who does Maria's father blame for what happened to Joey?
(a) Joey's teacher.
(b) Joey's father.
(d) Joey's mother.
14. How does Joey tell his mother he felt during his first day at the new school?
15. How does Joey feel about boarding the bus to his new school alone?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joey's mother feel while he tells her what Ed said?
2. Why does Joey's mother pinch him when they are talking to the principal after Joey hurts a class mate?
3. Where does Joey go when he sneaks out of class when he has a substitute teacher?
4. What is wrong with Charlie?
5. What does the nutritionist say Joey needs more of?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)