|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is May's sister's name?
2. How does Maria's father respond to Joey's attempts to make it up to Maria?
(a) He almost attacks him.
(b) He threatens to press charges.
(c) He hits him.
(d) He rips up the letter.
3. Why is Maria transferred to a different school?
(a) She was suffering PTSD.
(b) He didn't want her to turn out like Joey.
(c) Her father thinks public school is too violent.
(d) She was not learning as well as she could.
4. What does Joey do when Ed says his mother is part of his problem?
(c) Agrees with him.
(d) Defends her.
5. What is Ed's nickname?
(b) Special Ed.
6. What kind of school is Maria transferred to?
(a) Private School.
(b) Home school.
(c) Gifted School.
(d) Catholic school.
7. What is Joey left in a room with as part of a test?
(a) Some flowers and a vase.
(b) Some legos.
(c) A box of bandaids.
(d) Paper and crayons.
8. Where is Joey told to get counseling?
(a) The school counseling center.
(b) The nurse's office.
(c) A Special Education center.
(d) A therapeutic office.
9. What does Joey try to replace the severed nose of his classmate with?
(a) His own nose.
(b) A piece of chalk.
(c) A picture.
(d) Some clay.
10. How does Joey tell his mother he felt during his first day at the new school?
11. Who brings Joey homework while he is at the new school?
(a) The principal.
(b) His mother.
(c) The school nurse.
(d) Ms. Maxy.
12. Why does Joey go to the nurse after sneaking out of class when he has a substitute?
(a) To get some pepto bismol.
(b) To lay down for a while.
(c) To take his medication.
(d) To wrap his ankle.
13. Who does Joey sneak out of class with when he has a substitute teacher?
(a) The morning class students.
(b) The Special Education students.
(c) The afternoon class students.
(d) The gifted students.
14. What does Joey's mother tell Joey to do when he thinks of bad things?
(a) Think of a good thing.
(b) Take a pill.
(c) Look at her picture.
(d) Draw in the notebook.
15. How is Joey punished for hurting a classmate?
(a) He gets a record.
(b) He has detention.
(c) He is expelled.
(d) He is suspended.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy in the helmet do on the bus ride to the new school?
2. What does Joey ask his mother for more of after his first day at the new school?
3. Who does Maria's father blame for what happened to Joey?
4. What is Mrs. Cole's occupation?
5. What kind of book does Joey's mom buy him?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)