|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joey fear when he is on the bus to his first day at the new school?
(a) His mother will forget about him.
(b) He will never get back home.
(c) The bus will crash.
(d) They will take his mother away.
2. Who brings Joey homework while he is at the new school?
(a) The school nurse.
(b) His mother.
(c) The principal.
(d) Ms. Maxy.
3. What does the nutritionist say Joey needs more of?
(d) All of these.
4. How does Joey tell his mother he felt during his first day at the new school?
5. How does Joey try to make it up to Maria?
(a) He cuts his own nose and takes a picture.
(b) He goes to her house to apologize.
(c) He writes her a nice letter.
(d) He sings songs in front of her window.
6. Who does Joey hope to see while in Pittsburgh?
(b) His grandmother.
(d) His father.
7. What habit does Joey want his mother to stop?
(c) Working late.
8. What does Ed say causes Joey's fears?
(a) His condition.
(b) His medication.
(c) His abandonment issues.
(d) His father's life-style.
9. Who does Maria's father blame for what happened to Joey?
(b) Joey's mother.
(c) Joey's teacher.
(d) Joey's father.
10. What does Ed say it is important for Joey to learn?
(a) To make good decisions.
(b) To behave like other children.
(c) To not give in to fears.
(d) To sit still.
11. How does Joey get to Pittsburgh?
(a) He takes a cab.
(b) He gets a train ticket.
(c) He takes a bus.
(d) His mother drives him.
12. What does Joey's mother do when she sees the dirty band aid Joey picks up?
(a) Gives him a clean one.
(c) Slaps his hand.
13. Why does Joey's mother pinch him when they are talking to the principal after Joey hurts a class mate?
(a) To punish him more.
(b) To show she supports him.
(c) To keep him on task.
(d) So he will come out of his trance.
14. What does Joey try to replace the severed nose of his classmate with?
(a) His own nose.
(b) A piece of chalk.
(c) A picture.
(d) Some clay.
15. What does Maria's father call Joey?
(a) Messed up.
(c) A nobody.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ed say Joey's grandmother did to cause him problems?
2. Why does Ed say Joey is at his new school?
3. Why can't Joey's mother see his bus off to the new school?
4. Why is Maria transferred to a different school?
5. What does Joey try to do when he gets home after trying to make it up to Maria?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)