|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Preston feel about Joey's mother not coming to the appointment?
2. What does Joey try to do when he gets home after trying to make it up to Maria?
(a) Tries to find his medication.
(b) Reads a big book.
(c) Draws a picture.
(d) Calls his therapist.
3. Why does Joey go to the nurse after sneaking out of class when he has a substitute?
(a) To get some pepto bismol.
(b) To take his medication.
(c) To wrap his ankle.
(d) To lay down for a while.
4. What is wrong with Charlie?
(a) He has no ears.
(b) He has no legs.
(c) He has no nose.
(d) He has no arms.
5. What does Joey try to replace the severed nose of his classmate with?
(a) His own nose.
(b) A picture.
(c) Some clay.
(d) A piece of chalk.
6. What is wrong with May?
(a) She is hard of hearing.
(b) She can only read backwards.
(c) Her eyes are crossed.
(d) Her feet point inwards.
7. What is Mrs. Cole's occupation?
(a) Substitute teacher.
(c) Gifted teacher.
(d) Motivational speaker.
8. Who helps Joey prove he is not being abused?
(a) Joey's mother.
(b) Mrs. Maxy.
(c) The school nurse.
9. How does Joey feel when he sneaks out of class while he has a substitute teacher?
10. How many presents does Joey get from his mother when he goes to his new school?
11. What is May's sister's name?
12. Why does Joey pick up a dirty band aid off the ground?
(a) His scratched arm hurts.
(b) He wants to give it to Muriel
(c) It looks like the nose to him.
(d) He thinks it is the one he took off.
13. What does Joey plan to make with his new slogan?
(a) Bumper stickers.
(c) Pencil cases.
(d) Vinyl signs.
14. What goal does Joey tell the school nurse about?
(a) He wants to do one good thing every day.
(b) He wants to help his mom stop drinking.
(c) He wants to become a teacher.
(d) He wants to invent a better medicine for kids like him.
15. What does Joey see when he sneaks out of class when he has a substitute teacher?
(a) A movie.
(b) A game.
(c) A presentation.
(d) A party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the nutritionist say Joey needs more of?
2. What does Joey's mother tell Joey to do when he thinks of bad things?
3. What does Charlie do when Joey sits next to him?
4. What does Joey's mother promise him if he is good at the new school?
5. What kind of book does Joey's mom buy him?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)