|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joey's mother say on the way to Pittsburgh that hurts his feelings?
(a) She already knows what the scan will say.
(b) She wishes he had never been born.
(c) His father would not know him if he saw him.
(d) Taking the day off will never be worth it.
2. Who does Maria's father blame for what happened to Joey?
(a) Joey's teacher.
(c) Joey's mother.
(d) Joey's father.
3. What does Joey ask his mother for more of after his first day at the new school?
(a) Some responsibility.
(b) A ride to school.
(c) New medication.
(d) A better house.
4. Why can't Joey's mother see his bus off to the new school?
(a) He has been naughty.
(b) She is ashamed.
(c) She has to work.
(d) He is too old.
5. Why is Joey sent to Pittsburgh?
(a) To attend a new school.
(b) To get a brain scan.
(c) To talk to Maria.
(d) To speak with his father.
6. What is Joey's mother's name?
7. Who does Joey have an appointment with on his second day at the new school?
(a) The psychologist.
(b) The nurse.
(c) The nutritionist.
(d) The doctor.
8. What does Joey hurt another student with?
(d) His fingernails.
9. What does the nutritionist say Joey needs more of?
(a) All of these.
10. What kind of book does Joey's mom buy him?
(a) A poetry book.
(b) A book about baseball.
(c) A book about dogs.
(d) A large picture book.
11. What is Joey's new slogan about families?
(a) Families are Forever.
(b) Hate is not a Family Value.
(c) Treat You Family Good.
(d) Love You Family, and They will Love You.
12. Why does Mr. Preston think Joey is being abused?
(a) He has band aids all over him.
(b) He has bruises all over him.
(c) He is afraid of men.
(d) He is always crying.
13. What does Joey feel inspired to do after listening to Mrs. Cole?
(a) Be more normal.
(b) Become a teacher.
(c) Study harder.
(d) Make the world a better place.
14. How does Joey try to make it up to Maria?
(a) He sings songs in front of her window.
(b) He goes to her house to apologize.
(c) He writes her a nice letter.
(d) He cuts his own nose and takes a picture.
15. What is Ed's occupation?
(a) Special Education teacher.
(b) Case worker.
(c) Bus driver.
(d) Personal assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey try to replace the severed nose of his classmate with?
2. What is Joey left in a room with as part of a test?
3. What kind of school is Maria transferred to?
4. What does Joey try to do when he gets home after trying to make it up to Maria?
5. Why is Maria transferred to a different school?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)