|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Joey go when he sneaks out of class when he has a substitute teacher?
(a) The Special Education classroom.
(b) The cafeteria.
(c) The playground.
(d) The auditorium.
2. Where is Joey told to get counseling?
(a) The school counseling center.
(b) A Special Education center.
(c) A therapeutic office.
(d) The nurse's office.
3. What does Joey have for dinner after his first day at the new school?
(a) Macaroni and cheese.
(b) Fried chicken.
4. What does Joey try to do when he gets home after trying to make it up to Maria?
(a) Tries to find his medication.
(b) Reads a big book.
(c) Calls his therapist.
(d) Draws a picture.
5. How does Joey feel when he sneaks out of class while he has a substitute teacher?
6. How does Joey's mother feel while he tells her what Ed said?
7. How does Joey try to make it up to Maria?
(a) He cuts his own nose and takes a picture.
(b) He sings songs in front of her window.
(c) He goes to her house to apologize.
(d) He writes her a nice letter.
8. What does Joey's mother do when she sees the dirty band aid Joey picks up?
(a) Slaps his hand.
(b) Gives him a clean one.
9. Who does Maria's father blame for what happened to Joey?
(b) Joey's father.
(c) Joey's teacher.
(d) Joey's mother.
10. What is Joey's first present from his mother when he goes to his new school?
(a) A notebook.
(b) A pill bottle.
(c) Some advice.
(d) A framed picture.
11. What kind of book does Joey's mom buy him?
(a) A book about dogs.
(b) A book about baseball.
(c) A large picture book.
(d) A poetry book.
12. What does Joey try to replace the severed nose of his classmate with?
(a) A picture.
(b) His own nose.
(c) Some clay.
(d) A piece of chalk.
13. Why does Joey go to the nurse after sneaking out of class when he has a substitute?
(a) To get some pepto bismol.
(b) To lay down for a while.
(c) To wrap his ankle.
(d) To take his medication.
14. Who does Joey have an appointment with on his second day at the new school?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The nurse.
(c) The nutritionist.
(d) The psychologist.
15. What is Mrs. Cole's occupation?
(a) Substitute teacher.
(c) Motivational speaker.
(d) Gifted teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria's father call Joey?
2. What does Joey's mother get defensive about when he tells her what Ed said on his first day at the new school?
3. What does Joey ask his mother for more of after his first day at the new school?
4. Why does Joey's mother pinch him when they are talking to the principal after Joey hurts a class mate?
5. How does Joey feel about boarding the bus to his new school alone?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)