|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ed's occupation?
(a) Bus driver.
(b) Case worker.
(c) Special Education teacher.
(d) Personal assistant.
2. What is wrong with Charlie?
(a) He has no ears.
(b) He has no legs.
(c) He has no nose.
(d) He has no arms.
3. What does Joey have for dinner after his first day at the new school?
(a) Fried chicken.
(c) Macaroni and cheese.
4. Who does Joey sneak out of class with when he has a substitute teacher?
(a) The afternoon class students.
(b) The gifted students.
(c) The Special Education students.
(d) The morning class students.
5. What does Joey plan to make with his new slogan?
(a) Bumper stickers.
(b) Vinyl signs.
(c) Pencil cases.
6. What does Joey scream after hurting a class mate?
(a) I didn't mean to.
(d) I'm sorry.
7. What does the driver to Joey's new school call him?
(a) The bad seed.
(b) The foster child.
(c) The nose slicer.
(d) The new kid.
8. What habit does Joey want his mother to stop?
(a) Working late.
9. What is the name of the student Joey hurts?
10. What does Joey's mother promise him if he is good at the new school?
(a) His grandmother will come home.
(b) They will visit his father.
(c) She will stop drinking.
(d) He can get a dog.
11. What is Joey's first present from his mother when he goes to his new school?
(a) A framed picture.
(b) Some advice.
(c) A pill bottle.
(d) A notebook.
12. What does the boy in the helmet do on the bus ride to the new school?
(a) Smack his head into the seats.
(b) Shouts out obscenities.
(d) Falls asleep.
13. What does Joey ask his mother for more of after his first day at the new school?
(a) A better house.
(b) New medication.
(c) Some responsibility.
(d) A ride to school.
14. What is Joey's mother's name?
15. What does Charlie do when Joey sits next to him?
(a) Shakes his hand.
(b) Teaches him a song.
(c) Kisses him on the cheek.
(d) Hugs him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey fear when he is on the bus to his first day at the new school?
2. What advice does Joey get about moving forward?
3. What does Joey say in a restaurant that makes his mother cry?
4. What does Joey see when he sneaks out of class when he has a substitute teacher?
5. How does Mr. Preston feel about Joey's mother not coming to the appointment?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)