|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joey left in a room with as part of a test?
(a) Some flowers and a vase.
(b) A box of bandaids.
(c) Paper and crayons.
(d) Some legos.
2. What keeps Joey from jumping off the bus at the railroad tracks?
(a) His fear of getting lost.
(b) His medication.
(c) The request from his mother.
(d) Charlie's eyes.
3. What is wrong with May?
(a) Her eyes are crossed.
(b) She is hard of hearing.
(c) Her feet point inwards.
(d) She can only read backwards.
4. What does Joey try to replace the severed nose of his classmate with?
(a) Some clay.
(b) A picture.
(c) His own nose.
(d) A piece of chalk.
5. What habit does Joey want his mother to stop?
(d) Working late.
6. What kind of school is Maria transferred to?
(a) Catholic school.
(b) Home school.
(c) Private School.
(d) Gifted School.
7. How does Joey get to Pittsburgh?
(a) He takes a bus.
(b) He takes a cab.
(c) He gets a train ticket.
(d) His mother drives him.
8. Why is Joey sent to Pittsburgh?
(a) To speak with his father.
(b) To attend a new school.
(c) To get a brain scan.
(d) To talk to Maria.
9. What does Joey say in a restaurant that makes his mother cry?
(a) Nobody believes him.
(b) He wants to be good.
(c) People think he is brain damaged.
(d) He is sorry she is so sad.
10. What does Joey's mother get defensive about when he tells her what Ed said on his first day at the new school?
(a) Her gambling.
(b) Joey's father.
(c) Her drinking.
(d) Leaving when he was little.
11. What does the boy in the helmet do on the bus ride to the new school?
(a) Smack his head into the seats.
(b) Falls asleep.
(d) Shouts out obscenities.
12. What kind of book does Joey's mom buy him?
(a) A large picture book.
(b) A book about dogs.
(c) A poetry book.
(d) A book about baseball.
13. Who does Joey sneak out of class with when he has a substitute teacher?
(a) The Special Education students.
(b) The afternoon class students.
(c) The morning class students.
(d) The gifted students.
14. What does Joey's mother say on the way to Pittsburgh that hurts his feelings?
(a) Taking the day off will never be worth it.
(b) His father would not know him if he saw him.
(c) She wishes he had never been born.
(d) She already knows what the scan will say.
15. Who helps Joey prove he is not being abused?
(a) Mrs. Maxy.
(b) The school nurse.
(d) Joey's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joey's mother feel while he tells her what Ed said?
2. What does Joey see when he sneaks out of class when he has a substitute teacher?
3. What is Mrs. Cole's occupation?
4. What does Joey fear when he is on the bus to his first day at the new school?
5. What is Joey's new slogan about families?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)