|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joey get to Pittsburgh?
(a) He gets a train ticket.
(b) He takes a bus.
(c) He takes a cab.
(d) His mother drives him.
2. What does Joey try to do when he gets home after trying to make it up to Maria?
(a) Tries to find his medication.
(b) Draws a picture.
(c) Reads a big book.
(d) Calls his therapist.
3. What does Joey's mother say Joey is not?
4. What is wrong with May?
(a) Her feet point inwards.
(b) Her eyes are crossed.
(c) She is hard of hearing.
(d) She can only read backwards.
5. What does Joey's mother promise him if he is good at the new school?
(a) He can get a dog.
(b) They will visit his father.
(c) His grandmother will come home.
(d) She will stop drinking.
6. What does the driver to Joey's new school call him?
(a) The bad seed.
(b) The foster child.
(c) The nose slicer.
(d) The new kid.
7. What goal does Joey tell the school nurse about?
(a) He wants to become a teacher.
(b) He wants to invent a better medicine for kids like him.
(c) He wants to help his mom stop drinking.
(d) He wants to do one good thing every day.
8. What does Ed say it is important for Joey to learn?
(a) To not give in to fears.
(b) To sit still.
(c) To behave like other children.
(d) To make good decisions.
9. Why does Joey pick up a dirty band aid off the ground?
(a) He thinks it is the one he took off.
(b) It looks like the nose to him.
(c) His scratched arm hurts.
(d) He wants to give it to Muriel
10. What does Joey ask his mother for more of after his first day at the new school?
(a) Some responsibility.
(b) A ride to school.
(c) A better house.
(d) New medication.
11. What is Mrs. Cole's occupation?
(a) Motivational speaker.
(b) Gifted teacher.
(c) Substitute teacher.
12. Why does Joey go to the nurse after sneaking out of class when he has a substitute?
(a) To wrap his ankle.
(b) To get some pepto bismol.
(c) To take his medication.
(d) To lay down for a while.
13. How does Joey's mother feel while he tells her what Ed said?
14. What does the nutritionist say Joey needs more of?
(b) All of these.
15. How long does Joey's punishment remain in force after hurting a classmate?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Charlie?
2. What does Joey scream after hurting a class mate?
3. Who does Joey have an appointment with on his second day at the new school?
4. Why does Joey hope to find the severed nose of his classmate?
5. Who helps Joey prove he is not being abused?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)