|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the teachers have a meeting to discuss handling Joey?
(a) Before the first day of school.
(b) At the end of the year.
(c) At Parent Teacher Conferences.
(d) During Fall Break.
2. What does Joey say his mother understands about him?
(a) His illness.
(c) His pain.
(d) His feelings.
3. What is Joey's father's name?
4. Where is Joey sent after the key incident?
(a) Special Education.
(b) A juvenile center.
(c) Gym class.
(d) The hospital.
5. What does Ms. Maxy have Joey do with the pencils?
(a) Organize them.
(b) Pass them out.
(c) Sharpen them.
(d) Clean them.
6. How does Grandma express her hyperactivity?
(a) Her cooking.
(b) Her drawing.
(c) Her walking.
(d) Her words.
7. Where does Joey think his personal problems all stemmed from?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
8. What does Joey play with after being rude to his teacher?
(a) Some blocks.
(b) Some paper scraps.
(c) A can of paint.
(d) A ball.
9. Where did Joey's Grandmother go when she left?
(a) Her son's house.
(b) Her father's property.
(c) Her daughter's house.
(d) A rest home.
10. Where are the class rules posted for Joey?
(a) The cubby.
(b) His pencil case.
(c) The chalkboard.
(d) His desk.
11. What does Joey do to entertain the kids the day after his key is recovered?
(a) He swallows it.
(b) He tells his story.
(c) He spins it around.
(d) He uses it for show and tell.
12. What is the first thing Joey gets in trouble for on the field trip?
(a) Saying a bad word.
(b) Scaring a peacock.
(c) Wandering away from the class.
(d) Playing with the rocking chairs.
13. How does Joey cut himself at school?
(a) He sharpens his fingernails.
(b) He breaks his glasses.
(c) He uses a paperclip.
(d) He punches a wall.
14. How is Joey's swallowed key eventually recovered?
(a) He vomits it up.
(b) They just buy a new one.
(c) His stomach is pumped.
(d) He finds it in his stool.
15. Who is having a party when Joey goes to Special Education the second time?
(c) The teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Joey's room painted pink?
2. What is Joey told to do when he throws a knife during pumpkin carving?
3. What does Joey do to help when it rains?
4. What does Joey's mother have to do before talking to Joey the day he forgets his key?
5. Why does Joey say he is acting strangely the day after his key is recovered?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)