|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Joey think about his question to his mother on the day he forgets his key?
(a) One of the boys in Special Ed.
(b) Something Ms. Maxy said.
(c) An article he saw in her room.
(d) A book he read.
2. What does Ms. Maxy say Joey might do someday if he can't control himself?
(a) Offend people.
(b) Run out of chances.
(c) Lose his patience.
(d) Hurt someone else.
3. Why is Joey sent to the nurse's office for the day his key is recovered?
(a) To take some medicine.
(b) To get a band aid.
(c) To wash out his mouth.
(d) To wash his hands.
4. Where does Joey wait for his mother to come home when he doesn't have his key?
(a) The roof.
(b) The back yard.
(c) The porch.
(d) The garage.
5. Why is Joey's room painted pink?
(a) He liked the color.
(b) It made his father mad.
(c) His mother wanted a girl.
(d) It was thought to calm him.
6. How old was Joey when his father left?
7. Where does Joey yell to talk to his grandma after she leaves?
(a) The sky.
(b) The garbage.
(c) The phone.
(d) The sewer.
8. How does Joey's mother feel when Joey asks his questions on the day he forgets his key?
9. What did Joey's mother do when her husband left?
(a) Divorced him.
(b) Followed after him.
(c) Went crazy.
(d) Got a job with long hours.
10. Where does Joey think his personal problems all stemmed from?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandmother.
11. Who notices when Joey's medication wears off?
(b) The principal.
(c) His mother.
(d) Ms. Maxy.
12. What does Joey do to help the person having a party?
(a) Blows out the candles.
(b) All of these.
(c) Sings loudly.
(d) Passes out hats.
13. Which of the following is Joey told not to do at school?
(a) All of these.
(c) Touch others.
(d) Make unnecessary noises.
14. What does Joey do to entertain the kids the day after his key is recovered?
(a) He tells his story.
(b) He uses it for show and tell.
(c) He spins it around.
(d) He swallows it.
15. What does Joey have a key to?
(a) His locker.
(b) His bedroom.
(c) His mother's car.
(d) His house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey hope will get stuck to his key when he swallows it?
2. Who does Joey NOT blame for what he sees is wrong with him?
3. What does Joey's mother have to do before talking to Joey the day he forgets his key?
4. What is Mrs. Jarzab's occupation?
5. Why is Joey's new medication not the best thing for him?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)