Short Essay Answer Key
1. What are some of the ways Joey's grandmother was physically abusive?
Joey's grandmother was physically abusive by pulling him by the ears, spanking him, and trying to lock him in the refrigerator.
2. What does Joey say the worst abuse from his grandmother was?
Joey says that the worst abuse he ever received from his grandmother was her harsh words against him.
3. Who was Joey abandoned by early in his life?
By the time Joey was ten years old, Joey had been abandoned by three of the most important caretakers in his life: his father, his mother, and then his grandmother.
4. Why did Joey's grandmother choose to leave?
Joey's grandmother chose to leave him and his mother when she lost control one day and tried to lock him inside a refrigerator.
5. Where does Joey think he got his hyperactivity from?
This section contains 2,539 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)