|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shifting Gears and Pittsburgh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What goal does Joey tell the school nurse about?
(a) He wants to do one good thing every day.
(b) He wants to become a teacher.
(c) He wants to help his mom stop drinking.
(d) He wants to invent a better medicine for kids like him.
2. What does Joey play with after being rude to his teacher?
(a) A ball.
(b) A can of paint.
(c) Some paper scraps.
(d) Some blocks.
3. Where is Joey told to get counseling?
(a) The school counseling center.
(b) A Special Education center.
(c) The nurse's office.
(d) A therapeutic office.
4. What does Ed say Joey's grandmother did to cause him problems?
(a) Coddled him.
(b) Left him.
(c) Abused him.
(d) Berated him.
5. What does Joey's mother tell Joey to do when he thinks of bad things?
(a) Look at her picture.
(b) Think of a good thing.
(c) Take a pill.
(d) Draw in the notebook.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joey feel when he sneaks out of class while he has a substitute teacher?
2. What does Joey's mother get defensive about when he tells her what Ed said on his first day at the new school?
3. What does the nutritionist say Joey needs more of?
4. Where are the class rules posted for Joey?
5. What is wrong with May?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)