|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shifting Gears and Pittsburgh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Joey punished during the party in Special Education?
(a) He is told to write lines.
(b) He is sent to the Principal's office.
(c) He is sent back to class.
(d) He is not given a cupcake.
2. How does Joey cut himself at school?
(a) He uses a paperclip.
(b) He breaks his glasses.
(c) He punches a wall.
(d) He sharpens his fingernails.
3. What goal does Joey tell the school nurse about?
(a) He wants to do one good thing every day.
(b) He wants to help his mom stop drinking.
(c) He wants to become a teacher.
(d) He wants to invent a better medicine for kids like him.
4. What does the driver to Joey's new school call him?
(a) The nose slicer.
(b) The foster child.
(c) The bad seed.
(d) The new kid.
5. Why does Mr. Preston think Joey is being abused?
(a) He has bruises all over him.
(b) He is always crying.
(c) He has band aids all over him.
(d) He is afraid of men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey say in a restaurant that makes his mother cry?
2. What does Joey's mother say Joey is not?
3. What question does Joey ask his mother when she gets home the day he forgets his key?
4. Why is Maria transferred to a different school?
5. Why does Joey's mother pinch him when they are talking to the principal after Joey hurts a class mate?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)