|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shifting Gears and Pittsburgh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joey get to Pittsburgh?
(a) His mother drives him.
(b) He takes a cab.
(c) He takes a bus.
(d) He gets a train ticket.
2. Why does Joey hope to find the severed nose of his classmate?
(a) He is curious what it looks like.
(b) So he won't be in trouble anymore.
(c) He wants the bad dreams to stop.
(d) So he can make ammends.
3. What does Joey like to pretend strings in the doorways are?
(a) Razor sensors.
(b) Spider webs.
(c) Barbed wire.
4. What does Joey hope will get stuck to his key when he swallows it?
(a) His throat.
(b) His stomach.
(c) His medication.
(d) His lunch.
5. What of his grandma's does Joey find after she leaves?
(a) Her cane.
(b) Her shoe.
(c) Her false teeth.
(d) Her purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Joey and his family to fight a lot?
2. Why is Joey sent to the nurse's office for the day his key is recovered?
3. What does Joey's mother get defensive about when he tells her what Ed said on his first day at the new school?
4. When do the teachers have a meeting to discuss handling Joey?
5. Why does Joey's mother pinch him when they are talking to the principal after Joey hurts a class mate?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)