|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shifting Gears and Pittsburgh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joey ask his mother for more of after his first day at the new school?
(a) Some responsibility.
(b) New medication.
(c) A better house.
(d) A ride to school.
2. How did Joey sprain his ankle on the field trip?
(a) He tripped over a guard rail.
(b) He jumped off of the carousel.
(c) He jumped off of the fence post.
(d) He jumped down from the barn rafters.
3. What is the first thing Joey gets in trouble for on the field trip?
(a) Saying a bad word.
(b) Scaring a peacock.
(c) Wandering away from the class.
(d) Playing with the rocking chairs.
4. Where are the class rules posted for Joey?
(a) The chalkboard.
(b) The cubby.
(c) His desk.
(d) His pencil case.
5. Why does Joey's mother pinch him when they are talking to the principal after Joey hurts a class mate?
(a) To show she supports him.
(b) To punish him more.
(c) To keep him on task.
(d) So he will come out of his trance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey hurt another student with?
2. Why is Joey sent to Pittsburgh?
3. What does Ed say it is important for Joey to learn?
4. What does Joey play with after being rude to his teacher?
5. What does Ed say Joey's grandmother did to cause him problems?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)