|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shifting Gears and Pittsburgh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Joey think about his question to his mother on the day he forgets his key?
(a) One of the boys in Special Ed.
(b) Something Ms. Maxy said.
(c) An article he saw in her room.
(d) A book he read.
2. What does Joey's mother say she did before coming back to him?
(a) Got a job.
(b) Sought counselling.
(c) Pulled herself together.
(d) Made herself ready.
3. Where does Joey cut himself while on a field trip?
(a) A corn field.
(b) A barn.
(c) A fence post.
(d) A carousel.
4. What goal does Joey tell the school nurse about?
(a) He wants to become a teacher.
(b) He wants to do one good thing every day.
(c) He wants to help his mom stop drinking.
(d) He wants to invent a better medicine for kids like him.
5. What advice does Joey get about moving forward?
(a) Its time to switch gears.
(b) The future is always brighter than the past.
(c) The past is behind you.
(d) Never look back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey have for dinner after his first day at the new school?
2. How does Joey say his grandmother usually acts?
3. What does Joey call his key?
4. Where does Joey go when he sneaks out of class when he has a substitute teacher?
5. How long does Joey's punishment remain in force after hurting a classmate?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)