|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shifting Gears and Pittsburgh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is having a party when Joey goes to Special Education the second time?
(d) The teacher.
2. Who does Joey NOT blame for what he sees is wrong with him?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
3. How does Maria's father respond to Joey's attempts to make it up to Maria?
(a) He almost attacks him.
(b) He rips up the letter.
(c) He hits him.
(d) He threatens to press charges.
4. What does Joey's mother say on the way to Pittsburgh that hurts his feelings?
(a) His father would not know him if he saw him.
(b) Taking the day off will never be worth it.
(c) She wishes he had never been born.
(d) She already knows what the scan will say.
5. How is Joey punished during the party in Special Education?
(a) He is told to write lines.
(b) He is sent to the Principal's office.
(c) He is not given a cupcake.
(d) He is sent back to class.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joey hope to find the severed nose of his classmate?
2. How is Joey punished for hurting a classmate?
3. How does Mr. Preston feel about Joey's mother not coming to the appointment?
4. What is the name of Joey's teacher?
5. What does Joey hope will get stuck to his key when he swallows it?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)