|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shifting Gears and Pittsburgh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joey have for dinner after his first day at the new school?
(c) Macaroni and cheese.
(d) Fried chicken.
2. What did Grandma used to pretend to be to please Joey?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A burglar.
(c) A prisoner.
(d) A fly.
3. How does Joey tell his mother he felt during his first day at the new school?
4. What does Maria's father call Joey?
(a) Messed up.
(b) A nobody.
5. How does Maria's father respond to Joey's attempts to make it up to Maria?
(a) He almost attacks him.
(b) He rips up the letter.
(c) He hits him.
(d) He threatens to press charges.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Preston think Joey is being abused?
2. How does Grandma express her hyperactivity?
3. Who does Joey NOT blame for what he sees is wrong with him?
4. What does Joey ask his mother for more of after his first day at the new school?
5. What does Ed say Joey's grandmother did to cause him problems?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)