|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shifting Gears and Pittsburgh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ed say Joey is at his new school?
(a) To get some help.
(b) To be punished.
(c) To protect others.
(d) To protect himself.
2. What is wrong with May?
(a) Her eyes are crossed.
(b) Her feet point inwards.
(c) She can only read backwards.
(d) She is hard of hearing.
3. Where is Joey told to get counseling?
(a) The nurse's office.
(b) The school counseling center.
(c) A therapeutic office.
(d) A Special Education center.
4. What does the nutritionist say Joey needs more of?
(b) All of these.
5. What does Joey's mother tell Joey to do when he thinks of bad things?
(a) Think of a good thing.
(b) Look at her picture.
(c) Draw in the notebook.
(d) Take a pill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ed say causes Joey's fears?
2. What caused Joey and his family to fight a lot?
3. How does Joey tell his mother he felt during his first day at the new school?
4. What kind of book does Joey's mom buy him?
5. What kind of pie does Joey see at the field trip?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)