|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shifting Gears and Pittsburgh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maria's father respond to Joey's attempts to make it up to Maria?
(a) He rips up the letter.
(b) He almost attacks him.
(c) He hits him.
(d) He threatens to press charges.
2. Why can't Joey's mother see his bus off to the new school?
(a) He is too old.
(b) She is ashamed.
(c) He has been naughty.
(d) She has to work.
3. What does Joey say is wrong with himself?
(a) He has the wrong medication.
(b) He is wired wrong.
(c) He is a bad person.
(d) He was raised wrong.
4. What does Joey's mother say on the way to Pittsburgh that hurts his feelings?
(a) She already knows what the scan will say.
(b) His father would not know him if he saw him.
(c) She wishes he had never been born.
(d) Taking the day off will never be worth it.
5. How does Joey try to make it up to Maria?
(a) He cuts his own nose and takes a picture.
(b) He sings songs in front of her window.
(c) He writes her a nice letter.
(d) He goes to her house to apologize.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joey get to Pittsburgh?
2. What is Joey's father's name?
3. Who does Joey say he is dependent on?
4. What is Joey left in a room with as part of a test?
5. What does Joey do when Ed says his mother is part of his problem?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)