|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shifting Gears and Pittsburgh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ed say Joey's grandmother did to cause him problems?
(a) Coddled him.
(b) Abused him.
(c) Berated him.
(d) Left him.
2. What does Joey feel inspired to do after listening to Mrs. Cole?
(a) Make the world a better place.
(b) Study harder.
(c) Be more normal.
(d) Become a teacher.
3. Why is Joey sent to Pittsburgh?
(a) To attend a new school.
(b) To talk to Maria.
(c) To speak with his father.
(d) To get a brain scan.
4. Why does Joey go to the nurse after sneaking out of class when he has a substitute?
(a) To get some pepto bismol.
(b) To take his medication.
(c) To lay down for a while.
(d) To wrap his ankle.
5. What does Joey's mother do when she sees the dirty band aid Joey picks up?
(a) Gives him a clean one.
(c) Slaps his hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey's mother say Joey is not?
2. How does Joey tell his mother he felt during his first day at the new school?
3. Who helps Joey prove he is not being abused?
4. What does Joey's mother say on the way to Pittsburgh that hurts his feelings?
5. What does Ed say causes Joey's fears?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)