|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shifting Gears and Pittsburgh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the class rules posted for Joey?
(a) His pencil case.
(b) His desk.
(c) The chalkboard.
(d) The cubby.
2. What does Joey's mother say on the way to Pittsburgh that hurts his feelings?
(a) His father would not know him if he saw him.
(b) She wishes he had never been born.
(c) She already knows what the scan will say.
(d) Taking the day off will never be worth it.
3. Why is Joey sent to Pittsburgh?
(a) To speak with his father.
(b) To get a brain scan.
(c) To talk to Maria.
(d) To attend a new school.
4. Who do the teachers have a meeting with to discuss handling Joey?
(a) His mother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) The principal.
5. How does Joey feel when he sneaks out of class while he has a substitute teacher?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Preston feel about Joey's mother not coming to the appointment?
2. What is the name of the student Joey hurts?
3. What kind of school is Maria transferred to?
4. What does Joey ask his mother for more of after his first day at the new school?
5. How does Joey's mother feel while he tells her what Ed said?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)