Off the Wall and Family Tree
• Joey Pigza admits he is "wired wrong" and that he feels unable to control his behavior most of the time.
• The medicine he takes in the morning wears off by the middle of the day, and he ends up being rude to his teacher, who he really likes.
• Punishment has little effect on Joey as he misbehaves even while being punished by pretending to be a Tasmanian Devil and entertaining himself.
• Joey's father left when he was in Kindergarten, and his mother followed him, leaving Joey with her cruel mother-in-law.
• Joey knows his condition comes from his father and his grandmother, who both are hyperactive and have trouble focusing.
• Joey's grandma sometimes plays fun games with him like pretending to be a fly in his spiderwebs, but most of the time she is mean and abusive.
• Joey says the worst abuse he...
This section contains 2,126 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)