|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Joe Turner's brother?
(a) U.S. senator for Tennessee
(b) police chief of Memphis
(c) mayor of Memphis
(d) governor of Tennessee
2. In what context does Bynum use the play's title?
(a) in song lyrics
(b) in advice to Mattie
(c) in a story about his youth
(d) quoting his grandmother
3. What does Seth apologize to Molly for?
(a) getting angry
(b) Loomis' behavior
(c) asking for too much money
(d) the late breakfast
4. What does Seth warn Jeremy, now that Jeremy has no job?
(a) Jeremy will have to get his job back, at less money.
(b) Jeremy will get arrested for vagrancy.
(c) Jeremy will be out a place to live by Saturday.
(d) Jeremy will have to sell his guitar.
5. What does Seth threaten to kick Loomis out if he does?
(a) cause a disturbance
(b) become noisy
(c) continue acting strangely
(d) be impolite to Bertha
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Loomis say he's finding his wife for?
2. What does Seth say when Bertha asks why he is late?
3. How long has Herald Loomis been looking for his wife?
4. What does Martha say Loomis needs?
5. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Seth want to do about Loomis?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)