|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What suggestion does Molly give Jeremy about his job?
(a) He can get work at the mill.
(b) He can get rehired, because they won't recognize him.
(c) He can start playing guitar for a living.
(d) He can make pots and pans with Seth.
2. When does Bertha say is the only time Seth is satisfied?
(a) when he's sleeping
(b) when he's making pots and pans
(c) when he's eating
(d) when he's complaining
3. In what context does Bynum use the play's title?
(a) quoting his grandmother
(b) in song lyrics
(c) in a story about his youth
(d) in advice to Mattie
4. What does Loomis say when Mattie asks how he got separated from his wife?
(a) He says he doesn't want to talk about it.
(b) He says Joe Turner split them up.
(c) He says it was his own fault for getting himself caught.
(d) He says his wife deserted him at the worst time.
5. What does Loomis say he's forgotten?
(a) how to forget
(b) how to forgive
(c) who to love
(d) how to touch
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeremy suggest Molly needs a man for?
2. What does Bynum say his father used to do for people?
3. What is Bynum doing when he comes downstairs in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Why does Bynum tell Loomis that he's singing?
5. What does Martha say she's been doing since Herald picked up Zonia at her mother's?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)