|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Seth want to do about Loomis?
(a) send him to a hospital
(b) get him a job out of town
(c) kick him out of the boardinghouse
(d) turn him over to the police
2. What does Loomis compare Joe Turner catching slaves to?
(a) target shooting
(c) hunting possum
(d) picking apples
3. Who does Bynum say he bound?
(a) Zonia to her mother
(b) Bertha to Seth
(c) Loomis to his wife
(d) Jeremy to Molly
4. Why did Martha move up North?
(a) because her church moved
(b) because she was afraid of her mother
(c) because she didn't want to see Herald
(d) because she was lonely in the South
5. Who does he say made up the song?
(b) a bartender
Short Answer Questions
1. In what context does Bynum use the play's title?
2. What suggestion does Molly give Jeremy about his job?
3. Who did Reuben see out in the yard the previous night?
4. What explanation does Bertha give for Loomis' behavior?
5. What does Loomis say he's been watching Mattie do?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)