|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Loomis kept by Joe Turner?
(a) seven years
(b) three years
(c) ten years
(d) thirteen years
2. What was Loomis doing when Joe Turner caught him?
(a) preaching to gamblers
(b) sleeping under a tree
(c) buying bread
(d) fishing at a public pond
3. What suggestion does Molly give Jeremy about his job?
(a) He can make pots and pans with Seth.
(b) He can start playing guitar for a living.
(c) He can get rehired, because they won't recognize him.
(d) He can get work at the mill.
4. What does Bynum say he used to do?
(a) pick oranges
(b) pick cotton
(c) pick apples
(d) pick tobacco
5. What does Seth say Joe Turner wanted from Loomis?
(a) someone to take his anger out on
(b) someone to do his work for him
(c) someone to make him feel big
(d) his sweat and caring
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Seth say Bynum is singing?
2. How long has Herald Loomis been looking for his wife?
3. What has Joe Turner come with?
4. What does Loomis say about Mattie's dress?
5. What does Seth warn Jeremy, now that Jeremy has no job?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)