|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reuben suggest might have happened to Zonia's mother?
(a) She might have left the country.
(b) She might be dead.
(c) She might have married again.
(d) She might have changed her name.
2. What does Bynum encourage Mattie to do?
(a) keep the pouch under her pillow for luck
(b) look insider herself to find her own song
(c) go track down Jeremy
(d) leave and find a new place to be
3. What does Zonia's father say can happen if you miss someone too much?
(a) You can stop remembering the person right.
(b) You can stop seeing the world.
(c) It can kill you.
(d) You can lose hope.
4. What suggestion does Molly give Jeremy about his job?
(a) He can make pots and pans with Seth.
(b) He can get work at the mill.
(c) He can start playing guitar for a living.
(d) He can get rehired, because they won't recognize him.
5. What does Reuben say Zonia looks like?
(a) a horse
(b) a spider
(c) a dog
(d) a bird
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taught Seth to make pots and pans?
2. How long was Loomis kept by Joe Turner?
3. What does Loomis say when Mattie asks how he got separated from his wife?
4. Who does Bynum say Loomis belonged to?
5. Who did Reuben see out in the yard the previous night?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)