|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Seth say it would take him to teach Bynum to make a pot?
(a) two hours
(b) two days
(c) two weeks
(d) two months
2. What spiritual entity is mentioned in the Juba, as noted in the play's stage direction?
(a) the God of Nature
(c) the Heavenly Father
(d) the Holy Ghost
3. How does Jeremy say Mattie treats him?
(a) like a child
(b) like he wants to be treated
(c) real bad and real good
(d) like she's afraid he's going to leave
4. What does Seth think of Bynum's story of a shiny man?
(a) He thinks it's a story Bynum heard elsewhere.
(b) He thinks it's nonsense.
(c) He thinks it's a hallucination.
(d) He thinks it's important to find out if it's true.
5. What type of business does Seth want to start?
(a) making pots and pans
(b) building houses
(c) shoeing horses
(d) farming vegetables
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Loomis say he can't stand up?
2. What does Seth say about Martha's last name?
3. What fine did Jeremy have to pay?
4. Where does Molly go after paying Seth for a week's board and lodging?
5. Where does Bynum say he gets his name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Bynum tells Jeremy about touching.
2. Why does Jeremy not want to enter a guitar-playing contest?
3. How did Seth and Bertha come to have an empty room when Martha first came to the boardinghouse?
4. What does Reuben say the ghost he saw did and said?
5. What does Bynum say he sees about Loomis?
6. What is Loomis' reaction to Seth's demand on him?
7. What is Molly's reaction to the scene with Loomis after the Juba?
8. What does Bertha says Bynum has been doing all morning at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
9. What reason does Bynum give for why he doesn't think Herald Loomis is a gambler?
10. Why doesn't Seth like Herald Loomis?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)