|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mattie offer to help with?
(a) cleaning the house
(b) peeling potatoes
(c) making pots
2. What does Seth tell Bertha to set aside, to come Juba instead?
(a) the baking
(b) the laundry
(c) the dishes
(d) the mending
3. How does Jeremy say Mattie treats him?
(a) real bad and real good
(b) like he wants to be treated
(c) like a child
(d) like she's afraid he's going to leave
4. Why did Martha leave the rooming house?
(a) They moved the church.
(b) She went to be with her mother.
(c) She married a man.
(d) She found cheaper lodgings.
5. What does Selig ask Seth to make with the metal sheets he's brought?
(a) cooking pots
(d) tin cups
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is missing from the dinner table, at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Who does Jeremy want Selig to find?
3. What does Loomis say he's waiting on, when Bynum asks him?
4. What does Molly come to Seth's house looking for?
5. What did the last person Seth said "wasn't right" do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What warning does Bynum give Mattie Campbell?
2. What does Bynum says "shows what a woman is"?
3. What is Loomis' reaction to Seth's demand on him?
4. Describe what Bynum tells Jeremy about touching.
5. Describe Bertha's attitude toward Herald Loomis.
6. How does Loomis act when he first enters in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. What is Seth's opinion of Bynum's behavior with Loomis after the Juba?
8. What does Molly say about her father?
9. What is Seth's attitude to the black men coming to the city to find work and freedom?
10. What problem does Seth foresee for Jeremy, and what does Seth suggest as a solution?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)