|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Loomis say is happening as Bynum tells him that everyone in the vision is standing up?
(a) Loomis says the fog is closing in on him.
(b) Loomis says the sky is turning black and the ground is liquidifying.
(c) Loomis says the ground is shaking and the world is rending.
(d) Loomis says the water is receding and the world is drying out.
2. What does Seth say Selig would have to do, if Seth got his business going?
(a) work for Seth
(b) open up a store
(c) hire a helper
(d) expand his territory
3. Why is it odd that Loomis is wearing his coat?
(a) The rain will stain it.
(b) The weather is hot.
(c) The coat is dirty.
(d) He said he was pawning the coat.
4. What does Selig ask Seth to make with the metal sheets he's brought?
(a) tin cups
(d) cooking pots
5. What spiritual entity is mentioned in the Juba, as noted in the play's stage direction?
(a) the Heavenly Father
(b) the God of Nature
(c) the Holy Ghost
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herald Loomis say his profession is?
2. What was Jeremy arrested for?
3. What does Seth tell Bertha to set aside, to come Juba instead?
4. How much time has passed between the end of Act 1, Scene 2 and the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
5. When will Selig come again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reuben say the ghost he saw did and said?
2. What reason does Mattie give Loomis for hoping Loomis finds his wife?
3. What is the first thing Loomis describes about his vision?
4. What does Bynum say he sees about Loomis?
5. When Seth and Bertha leave Mattie and Loomis alone, what does Mattie ask Loomis about?
6. Why doesn't Seth like Herald Loomis?
7. Describe what Seth sees out the window at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1. What is Seth's reaction to it?
8. Why does Jeremy not want to enter a guitar-playing contest?
9. What does Reuben imagine it would be like if Eugene's ghost came back?
10. Describe what Reuben says he still has from Eugene and what he plans to do with it.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)