Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Seth having difficulty finding at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) something to look forward to
(b) money to start up a business
(c) time to make his pots
(d) Martha Pentecost
2. What does Loomis start to do to demonstrate how big he is?
(a) stand on his toes
(b) jump up on the table
(c) hold out his arms
(d) unzip his pants
3. What does Mattie offer to help with?
(a) cleaning the house
(b) making pots
(d) peeling potatoes
4. What two meals does Seth provide for his boarders?
(a) breakfast and dinner
(b) breakfast and lunch
(c) lunch and dinner
(d) breakfast and tea
5. Who left the rooming house, still owing Seth two dollars?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Loomis has a vision?
2. What do Jeremy and Molly compliment Bertha on?
3. What does Seth tell Molly is served on Sundays?
4. What chore does Bertha ask Seth to help her with?
5. What is the first question Seth asks Molly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Molly's opinion about Mattie's job?
2. What does Reuben say the ghost he saw did and said?
3. Describe what it means to "Juba."
4. What does Loomis ask about God?
5. What does Seth say to Loomis, when Loomis first enters in Act 2, Scene 2?
6. How does Jeremy and Mattie's relationship progress?
7. What is Molly's reaction to the death of Mattie's two babies?
8. Why does Seth say he wants Jeremy to get his guitar?
9. Why does Jeremy not want to enter a guitar-playing contest?
10. Describe what Reuben says he still has from Eugene and what he plans to do with it.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)