|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Seth want to tell Loomis where Martha is?
(a) He wants Loomis to give him money first.
(b) He wants to keep Martha away from her daughter.
(c) He doesn't know for sure which Martha he's looking for.
(d) He's afraid Loomis wants to harm her.
2. Why did Selig leave his wife?
(a) She looked at him like she hated him.
(b) She was sleeping with other men in the town.
(c) He met another woman.
(d) He couldn't stand her cooking.
3. What spiritual entity is mentioned in the Juba, as noted in the play's stage direction?
(a) the Holy Ghost
(c) the Heavenly Father
(d) the God of Nature
4. Who leads the Juba, as the caller?
5. How does Bynum say that Seth looks?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it odd that Loomis is wearing his coat?
2. What does Seth say Selig would have to do, if Seth got his business going?
3. What happens when Loomis has a vision?
4. Where does Seth chase Reuben and Zonia away from?
5. What is Seth having difficulty finding at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Molly's reaction to the scene with Loomis after the Juba?
2. What does Bynum say he can see on people?
3. What does Reuben imagine it would be like if Eugene's ghost came back?
4. What does Bynum say about to Mattie luck?
5. To what does Seth attribute Selig's ability to find people?
6. How does Jeremy and Mattie's relationship progress?
7. What is the first thing Loomis describes about his vision?
8. Explain the metaphor that Bynum tells to Jeremy to teach him about relationships.
9. What does Reuben say the ghost he saw was like in real life?
10. What is Jeremy's initial reaction to Molly Cunningham?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)