|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is missing from the dinner table, at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Why did Selig leave his wife?
(a) He couldn't stand her cooking.
(b) She looked at him like she hated him.
(c) He met another woman.
(d) She was sleeping with other men in the town.
3. Has Seth been successful finding funding for his business?
(a) Yes, he's found all the funding he needs.
(b) Yes, he's found one backer, but he needs more.
(c) No, the one businessman who could back him won't.
(d) No, several people have turned him down.
4. In Bynum's metaphor, what is Mattie?
(a) the wind
(b) a plate of food
(c) the road
(d) land in the distance
5. What do Jeremy and Molly compliment Bertha on?
(a) her cooking
(b) her coffee
(c) her jokes
(d) her cleaning
Short Answer Questions
1. How many dustpans does Seth have to sell Selig on his second visit?
2. What instrument does Seth play?
3. What does Bynum compare a woman to, that's "all a man needs to live on"?
4. How many more dustpans does Selig want?
5. Where does Bynum say everyone in the vision is going?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Bynum tells Jeremy about touching.
2. What warning does Bynum give Mattie Campbell?
3. How does Loomis act when he first enters in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What is Molly's reaction to the scene with Loomis after the Juba?
5. What does Bynum say he sees about Loomis?
6. Describe Bertha's attitude toward Herald Loomis.
7. What is the first thing Loomis describes about his vision?
8. What state is Bynum in immediately after dinner and before the Juba?
9. What does Molly say about her father?
10. What reason does Mattie give Loomis for hoping Loomis finds his wife?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)