|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bynum say he gets his name?
(a) because he does magic by numbers
(b) because he binds people
(c) because he buys nothing
(d) because he is from Bynum
2. Why does Jeremy tell Mattie she should move in with him?
(a) so neither has to be alone
(b) to have a good time
(c) because he wants to be with her forever
(d) so they can save money on lodging
3. What does Seth tell Molly is served on Sundays?
(a) barbequed ribs
(b) roast beef
(c) fresh eggs
(d) fried chicken
4. Why does Selig say it's hard to find black people?
(a) They get killed too often.
(b) They move around too often.
(c) They look different from day to day.
(d) They lie about their names.
5. Where does Bynum say everyone in the vision is going?
(a) down into the cellar of the world
(b) into the ocean again
(c) along the road, their own ways
(d) up into the sky
Short Answer Questions
1. When will Selig come again?
2. Who is missing from the dinner table, at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4?
3. Where did Jeremy win his dollar?
4. Who does Jeremy want Selig to find?
5. What does Bynum say he has a woman in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Martha say happened to her when Herald was taken away?
2. What act does Loomis take to free himself and start anew?
3. What does Bertha advise Mattie about Bynum?
4. What does Bynum say he sees about Loomis?
5. How does Seth greet Loomis when he comes down the stairs at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
6. What does Bertha say is the worst use of a man?
7. Describe Bertha's attitude toward Herald Loomis.
8. What warning does Bynum give Mattie Campbell?
9. What is Loomis' reaction to Seth's demand on him?
10. Describe what Reuben says he still has from Eugene and what he plans to do with it.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)