|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bynum's reaction when Seth suggests a Juba?
(a) He says he'll watch the others.
(b) He says he needs some rest.
(c) He says he's always ready to Juba.
(d) He says they Juba too much.
2. Who leads the Juba, as the caller?
3. What was Jeremy arrested for?
(a) stealing a cactus
(b) being drunk
(c) robbing a store
(d) brandishing a knife
4. In what strange way does Loomis start to speak?
(b) in French
(c) in tongues
(d) in Swahili
5. Who left the rooming house, still owing Seth two dollars?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Seth say it would take him to teach Bynum to make a pot?
2. Why does Loomis say he can't stand up?
3. What type of business does Seth want to start?
4. What does Reuben sell to Bynum?
5. What does Seth think of Bynum's story of a shiny man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Bynum give for why he doesn't think Herald Loomis is a gambler?
2. What does Seth say to Loomis, when Loomis first enters in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Reuben say the ghost he saw did and said?
4. What does Bynum says "shows what a woman is"?
5. What does Bertha advise Mattie about Bynum?
6. How does Seth greet Loomis when he comes down the stairs at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
7. What reason does Mattie give Loomis for hoping Loomis finds his wife?
8. What does Mattie tell Loomis when he says he needs to find a starting place?
9. What does Molly say about her father?
10. What is Seth's opinion of Bynum's behavior with Loomis after the Juba?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)