|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Loomis say he can't stand up?
(a) He says the Earth is grabbing him.
(b) He says he doesn't want to stand.
(c) He says his legs won't stand.
(d) He says his legs are missing.
2. What is Bynum's reaction when Seth suggests a Juba?
(a) He says he'll watch the others.
(b) He says he needs some rest.
(c) He says they Juba too much.
(d) He says he's always ready to Juba.
3. Why does Seth say jokingly that he married Bertha?
(a) her money
(b) her good cooking
(c) her sound advice
(d) her dresses
4. What does Bertha tell Seth to get ready for?
5. Who is Herald Loomis looking for?
(a) his uncle Paul
(b) his son Gerry
(c) his cousin Glory
(d) his wife Martha
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jeremy compare Bertha's cooking to?
2. How many dustpans does Seth have to sell Selig on his second visit?
3. What does Bynum say he has a woman in?
4. What does Reuben say happened to his best friend?
5. Who left the rooming house, still owing Seth two dollars?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Seth like Herald Loomis?
2. What does Reuben say the ghost he saw did and said?
3. When Bynum presses Loomis, saying "then...what happened," what does Loomis tell about his vision?
4. What is Jeremy's initial reaction to Molly Cunningham?
5. What does Martha say happened to her when Herald was taken away?
6. What does Bertha advise Mattie about Bynum?
7. What does Loomis ask about God?
8. What does Molly say about her father?
9. What does Bynum says "shows what a woman is"?
10. What is Seth's attitude to the black men coming to the city to find work and freedom?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)