|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bertha say about Loomis hiring Selig?
(a) He's made a good deal.
(b) He's got nothing to worry about now.
(c) He'll never hear from Selig again.
(d) He's wasted a dollar.
2. How does Bynum say that Seth looks?
3. What type of business does Seth want to start?
(a) shoeing horses
(b) farming vegetables
(c) making pots and pans
(d) building houses
4. In Bynum's metaphor, what is Mattie?
(a) land in the distance
(b) the road
(c) a plate of food
(d) the wind
5. How does Seth realize who Herald Loomis' wife is?
(a) He remembers the woman mentioning her husband's name.
(b) She looks just like Loomis' daughter.
(c) Loomis shows him a necklace that's the same as his wife's.
(d) Loomis shows him a picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Molly come to Seth's house looking for?
2. What does Bynum say he has a woman in?
3. What does Bynum caution Jeremy that he's doing to Mattie, asking her to move in so soon?
4. Who does Jeremy want Selig to find?
5. What does Seth think of Bynum's story of a shiny man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first thing Loomis describes about his vision?
2. What is Molly's reaction to the scene with Loomis after the Juba?
3. What is Seth's response to Molly telling him that she likes "company"?
4. What does Jeremy say happened to cause him to be arrested?
5. Describe what it means to "Juba."
6. What does Seth report that Loomis is doing, after he's left the boardinghouse?
7. What is Seth's attitude to the black men coming to the city to find work and freedom?
8. What is Loomis' reaction to Seth's demand on him?
9. What is Molly's reaction to the death of Mattie's two babies?
10. What does Bynum say he sees about Loomis?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)