|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Selig's great grandfather do?
(a) married black lovers in his church
(b) tracked down criminals who ran away
(c) bring blacks to America on ships
(d) make clocks that kept perfect time
2. Who does Jeremy want Selig to find?
(a) a brother he's lost track of
(b) a girl he used to know
(c) a cousin from another state
(d) his aunt he knew as a child
3. What does Seth say was Martha's job, when Bynum first came to the rooming house?
(a) cooking for Doc Goldblum
(b) taking care of Doc Goldblum's children
(c) sewing and cleaning for Doc Goldblum
(d) running the pharmacy for Doc Goldblum
4. What is the first question Seth asks Molly?
(a) how long she's staying
(b) where she comes from
(c) who told her about his house
(d) whether she has any money
5. What does Herald Loomis say his profession is?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jeremy say Mattie treats him?
2. What chore does Bertha ask Seth to help her with?
3. What is Seth having difficulty finding at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Who offers help if Mattie or Molly need anything, now that they've moved into the rooming house?
5. How does Seth realize who Herald Loomis' wife is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What state is Bynum in immediately after dinner and before the Juba?
2. How does Loomis act when he first enters in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Bertha advise Mattie about Bynum?
4. What does Loomis ask about God?
5. How did Selig get in the people-finding business?
6. What is Seth's opinion of Bynum's behavior with Loomis after the Juba?
7. What does Mattie tell Loomis when he says he needs to find a starting place?
8. Describe what it means to "Juba."
9. What act does Loomis take to free himself and start anew?
10. How does Jeremy and Mattie's relationship progress?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)