|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Molly planning on going, if she hadn't missed the train?
(b) New York
2. What is Bertha doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) washing dishes
(b) sweeping the floor
(c) fixing breakfast
(d) staring out the window
3. What does Loomis say he's waiting on, when Bynum asks him?
(a) the sun to rise up
(b) the breath to go into his body
(c) the Earth to crackle
(d) the water to recede
4. Why does Selig say he can't find Bynum's "shiny man"?
(a) The shiny man is always traveling and can't be tracked down.
(b) The shiny man lives too far away to find.
(c) He can't find someone without a name.
(d) He's looked everywhere and doesn't believe the shiny man exists.
5. In Bynum's metaphor, what is Mattie?
(a) the road
(b) land in the distance
(c) the wind
(d) a plate of food
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mattie end up making a date with?
2. Where does Bynum say everyone in the vision is going?
3. What does Bertha suggest Seth do?
4. How much extra does Seth want to charge Herald Loomis per week for his daughter's food?
5. What does Bynum caution Jeremy that he's doing to Mattie, asking her to move in so soon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bynum's meeting with the shiny man.
2. What does Reuben say the ghost he saw was like in real life?
3. How does Jeremy and Mattie's relationship progress?
4. How did Loomis come to be reunited with his daughter but separated from his wife?
5. Describe what it means to "Juba."
6. What does Bertha advise Mattie about Bynum?
7. How does Loomis describe his wife to Selig?
8. How does Loomis act when he first enters in Act 2, Scene 2?
9. What is Loomis' reaction to Seth's demand on him?
10. What does Jeremy say happened to cause him to be arrested?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)