|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Selig leave his wife?
(a) She was sleeping with other men in the town.
(b) He couldn't stand her cooking.
(c) She looked at him like she hated him.
(d) He met another woman.
2. What chore does Bertha ask Seth to help her with?
(a) hauling out the trash
(b) turning a mattress
(c) cooking breakfast
(d) clearing the leaves
3. What is Bertha doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) sweeping the floor
(b) staring out the window
(c) fixing breakfast
(d) washing dishes
4. Why does Selig say it's hard to find black people?
(a) They move around too often.
(b) They lie about their names.
(c) They look different from day to day.
(d) They get killed too often.
5. What does Bertha tell Seth to get ready for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mattie offer to help with?
2. Why is it odd that Loomis is wearing his coat?
3. In what strange way does Loomis start to speak?
4. Who offers help if Mattie or Molly need anything, now that they've moved into the rooming house?
5. How does Seth realize who Herald Loomis' wife is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Mattie give Loomis for hoping Loomis finds his wife?
2. Why does Jeremy not want to enter a guitar-playing contest?
3. Explain the metaphor that Bynum tells to Jeremy to teach him about relationships.
4. What does Loomis ask about God?
5. What is Seth's opinion of Bynum's behavior with Loomis after the Juba?
6. What does Reuben say the ghost he saw did and said?
7. What does Selig tell Bynum on his second visit about Bynum's "shiny man"?
8. What does Bynum describe his father doing that made a fuss?
9. What does Martha say happened to her when Herald was taken away?
10. What is Molly's reaction to the death of Mattie's two babies?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)