|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Seth want to tell Loomis where Martha is?
(a) He doesn't know for sure which Martha he's looking for.
(b) He wants Loomis to give him money first.
(c) He's afraid Loomis wants to harm her.
(d) He wants to keep Martha away from her daughter.
2. What does Seth suggest Herald Loomis might do?
(a) rob a bank
(b) steal bread and chickens
(c) rob the church
(d) burn down a farm
3. Where does Herald Loomis hang around?
(a) in the town square
(b) on the front porch
(c) at the local store
(d) outside the church
4. What is the first question Seth asks Molly?
(a) how long she's staying
(b) where she comes from
(c) who told her about his house
(d) whether she has any money
5. Where does Seth chase Reuben and Zonia away from?
(a) the church
(b) the front porch
(c) the vegetable garden
(d) the kitchen
Short Answer Questions
1. In Bynum's metaphor, what is Mattie?
2. Why does Seth say jokingly that he married Bertha?
3. What does Seth tell Molly is served on Sundays?
4. How much extra does Seth want to charge Herald Loomis per week for his daughter's food?
5. Why is it odd that Loomis is wearing his coat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bynum say about to Mattie luck?
2. What is the first thing Loomis describes about his vision?
3. How does Seth greet Loomis when he comes down the stairs at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Reuben imagine it would be like if Eugene's ghost came back?
5. Why does Seth say he wants Jeremy to get his guitar?
6. What is Jeremy's initial reaction to Molly Cunningham?
7. What state is Bynum in immediately after dinner and before the Juba?
8. What is Seth's opinion of Bynum's behavior with Loomis after the Juba?
9. Describe what Reuben says he still has from Eugene and what he plans to do with it.
10. How did Selig get in the people-finding business?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)