|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Selig say it's hard to find black people?
(a) They lie about their names.
(b) They get killed too often.
(c) They look different from day to day.
(d) They move around too often.
2. What is Seth having difficulty finding at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) something to look forward to
(b) time to make his pots
(c) Martha Pentecost
(d) money to start up a business
3. What does Bynum compare Jeremy to?
(a) an apple on a tree
(b) a ship on the sea
(c) a child running away from home
(d) an ant crawling across a table
4. What does Seth say was Martha's job, when Bynum first came to the rooming house?
(a) running the pharmacy for Doc Goldblum
(b) cooking for Doc Goldblum
(c) taking care of Doc Goldblum's children
(d) sewing and cleaning for Doc Goldblum
5. What does Bynum caution Jeremy that he's doing to Mattie, asking her to move in so soon?
(a) spoiling her
(b) demeaning her
(c) ignoring her
(d) making a promise he can't keep
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Seth say Bynum has been at the rooming house?
2. What does Bynum say a woman can do?
3. How much extra does Seth want to charge Herald Loomis per week for his daughter's food?
4. What is Bynum's reaction when Seth suggests a Juba?
5. What floor does Seth say he's got a room available on?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Bynum presses Loomis, saying "then...what happened," what does Loomis tell about his vision?
2. What does Reuben say the ghost he saw was like in real life?
3. How does Loomis act when he first enters in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Why does Jeremy not want to enter a guitar-playing contest?
5. What does Martha say happened to her when Herald was taken away?
6. What problem does Seth foresee for Jeremy, and what does Seth suggest as a solution?
7. What does Bynum say in defense of Loomis?
8. What act does Loomis take to free himself and start anew?
9. What does Bynum say he sees about Loomis?
10. What is the first thing Loomis describes about his vision?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)