|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Molly come to Seth's house looking for?
(a) a room
(b) her husband
(c) her child
(d) a job
2. What does Loomis start to do to demonstrate how big he is?
(a) unzip his pants
(b) jump up on the table
(c) stand on his toes
(d) hold out his arms
3. What fine did Jeremy have to pay?
(a) no fine
(b) thirty dollars
(c) two dollars
(d) fifty cents
4. What is Bynum's reaction when Seth suggests a Juba?
(a) He says he needs some rest.
(b) He says he'll watch the others.
(c) He says they Juba too much.
(d) He says he's always ready to Juba.
5. What does Bynum compare Jeremy to?
(a) an apple on a tree
(b) a ship on the sea
(c) an ant crawling across a table
(d) a child running away from home
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Molly planning on going, if she hadn't missed the train?
2. What does Seth tell Bertha to set aside, to come Juba instead?
3. What does Mattie say about moving in to the boardinghouse?
4. Who questions Loomis about his vision?
5. How does Bynum say that Seth looks?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Loomis act when he first enters in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What does Jeremy say happened to cause him to be arrested?
3. To what does Seth attribute Selig's ability to find people?
4. What is Seth's response to Molly telling him that she likes "company"?
5. What does Molly say about her father?
6. What does Loomis ask about God?
7. Describe what Reuben says he still has from Eugene and what he plans to do with it.
8. How does Jeremy and Mattie's relationship progress?
9. How does Loomis describe his wife to Selig?
10. What is Molly's reaction to the scene with Loomis after the Juba?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)