|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bynum say that Seth looks?
2. What does Seth tell Molly is served on Sundays?
(a) fried chicken
(b) barbequed ribs
(c) fresh eggs
(d) roast beef
3. What do Seth and Bertha say about Loomis after he interrupts the Juba?
(a) that he's crazy
(b) that he has to leave
(c) that he should go to his room
(d) that he's irresponsible
4. What was Jeremy arrested for?
(a) being drunk
(b) stealing a cactus
(c) robbing a store
(d) brandishing a knife
5. Has Seth been successful finding funding for his business?
(a) No, the one businessman who could back him won't.
(b) No, several people have turned him down.
(c) Yes, he's found all the funding he needs.
(d) Yes, he's found one backer, but he needs more.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jeremy win his dollar?
2. Who leads the Juba, as the caller?
3. Why can't Bynum tell Selig the meaning of life?
4. What floor does Seth say he's got a room available on?
5. How many more dustpans does Selig want?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Seth say he wants Jeremy to get his guitar?
2. What is Seth's response to Molly telling him that she likes "company"?
3. What does Reuben imagine it would be like if Eugene's ghost came back?
4. What does Reuben say the ghost he saw was like in real life?
5. How does Jeremy and Mattie's relationship progress?
6. What does Mattie tell Loomis when he says he needs to find a starting place?
7. Describe Bynum's meeting with the shiny man.
8. Describe what it means to "Juba."
9. What is the first thing Loomis describes about his vision?
10. What is Loomis' reaction to Seth's demand on him?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)