|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Seth want to tell Loomis where Martha is?
(a) He doesn't know for sure which Martha he's looking for.
(b) He's afraid Loomis wants to harm her.
(c) He wants to keep Martha away from her daughter.
(d) He wants Loomis to give him money first.
2. How much time has passed between the end of Act 1, Scene 2 and the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) one week
(b) one month
(c) one year
(d) one day
3. What does Mattie say about moving in to the boardinghouse?
(a) She didn't have many things and Jeremy helped her.
(b) She had to sell some of her things to have room.
(c) She will need a few days to finish moving.
(d) She didn't bring all of her things.
4. Who is missing from the dinner table, at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What does Bynum compare a woman to, that's "all a man needs to live on"?
(a) bread and wine
(b) biscuits and gravy
(c) meat and milk
(d) water and berries
Short Answer Questions
1. What floor does Seth say he's got a room available on?
2. Why did Selig leave his wife?
3. What do lenders want from Seth?
4. Who is Herald Loomis looking for?
5. Where does Bynum say he gets his name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Loomis ask about God?
2. What does Jeremy say happened to cause him to be arrested?
3. What does Loomis say that the wave in his vision washed up?
4. What is Molly's reaction to the scene with Loomis after the Juba?
5. To what does Seth attribute Selig's ability to find people?
6. What does Seth say to Loomis, when Loomis first enters in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. What act does Loomis take to free himself and start anew?
8. What is Seth's response to Molly telling him that she likes "company"?
9. What does Bynum say he can see on people?
10. What is Jeremy's initial reaction to Molly Cunningham?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)