|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passes between the end of Act 1, Scene 1, and the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) three months
(b) one week
(c) one day
(d) a year
2. Why does Selig say he can't find Bynum's "shiny man"?
(a) The shiny man is always traveling and can't be tracked down.
(b) He's looked everywhere and doesn't believe the shiny man exists.
(c) He can't find someone without a name.
(d) The shiny man lives too far away to find.
3. Why is it odd that Loomis is wearing his coat?
(a) The weather is hot.
(b) The coat is dirty.
(c) The rain will stain it.
(d) He said he was pawning the coat.
4. What does Loomis say is happening as Bynum tells him that everyone in the vision is standing up?
(a) Loomis says the sky is turning black and the ground is liquidifying.
(b) Loomis says the ground is shaking and the world is rending.
(c) Loomis says the water is receding and the world is drying out.
(d) Loomis says the fog is closing in on him.
5. How does Seth realize who Herald Loomis' wife is?
(a) Loomis shows him a picture.
(b) Loomis shows him a necklace that's the same as his wife's.
(c) He remembers the woman mentioning her husband's name.
(d) She looks just like Loomis' daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeremy use instead of his guitar, as a makeshift instrument?
2. What does Bertha say about Loomis hiring Selig?
3. Where was Molly planning on going, if she hadn't missed the train?
4. What does Bynum compare Jeremy to?
5. Why did Selig leave his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Molly's reaction to the scene with Loomis after the Juba?
2. What is Loomis' reaction to Seth's demand on him?
3. What does Bynum say he sees about Loomis?
4. Describe Bertha's attitude toward Herald Loomis.
5. What reason does Bynum give for why he doesn't think Herald Loomis is a gambler?
6. What is Jeremy's initial reaction to Molly Cunningham?
7. What warning does Bynum give Mattie Campbell?
8. Describe Bynum's meeting with the shiny man.
9. What does Loomis say that the wave in his vision washed up?
10. What act does Loomis take to free himself and start anew?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)