|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of Mattie's looks does Jeremy comment on favorably?
(a) her hips
(b) her eyes
(c) her legs
(d) her hair
2. Who is missing from the dinner table, at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What does Herald Loomis say his profession is?
4. What does Seth suggest Herald Loomis might do?
(a) burn down a farm
(b) rob a bank
(c) steal bread and chickens
(d) rob the church
5. Who does Bertha suggest Martha first came to the town to see?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertha say about Loomis hiring Selig?
2. What spiritual entity is mentioned in the Juba, as noted in the play's stage direction?
3. What does Bertha call Zonia?
4. How much time passes between the end of Act 1, Scene 1, and the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Has Seth been successful finding funding for his business?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Seth's response to Molly telling him that she likes "company"?
2. What warning does Bynum give Mattie Campbell?
3. What state is Bynum in immediately after dinner and before the Juba?
4. Describe what Reuben says he still has from Eugene and what he plans to do with it.
5. What is Seth's opinion of Bynum's behavior with Loomis after the Juba?
6. How does Loomis act when he first enters in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. What does Loomis ask about God?
8. What does Reuben imagine it would be like if Eugene's ghost came back?
9. What does Seth report that Loomis is doing, after he's left the boardinghouse?
10. When Bynum presses Loomis, saying "then...what happened," what does Loomis tell about his vision?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)