|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Seth tell Molly is served on Sundays?
(a) roast beef
(b) barbequed ribs
(c) fresh eggs
(d) fried chicken
2. Why did Selig leave his wife?
(a) He met another woman.
(b) He couldn't stand her cooking.
(c) She looked at him like she hated him.
(d) She was sleeping with other men in the town.
3. What does Bertha call Zonia?
(a) a happy innocent
(b) a lazy girl
(c) a good helper
(d) an ignorant child
4. How does Bynum say that Seth looks?
5. What does Reuben sell to Bynum?
(a) carving tools
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Martha leave the rooming house?
2. Why can't Bynum tell Selig the meaning of life?
3. Who questions Loomis about his vision?
4. Who does Bertha suggest Martha first came to the town to see?
5. Who left the rooming house, still owing Seth two dollars?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Bynum's first reaction to finding his song?
2. To what does Seth attribute Selig's ability to find people?
3. What is Seth's response to Molly telling him that she likes "company"?
4. What problem does Seth foresee for Jeremy, and what does Seth suggest as a solution?
5. How does Loomis describe his wife to Selig?
6. Why doesn't Seth like Herald Loomis?
7. How did Selig get in the people-finding business?
8. What does Bynum describe his father doing that made a fuss?
9. What does Jeremy say happened to cause him to be arrested?
10. What does Bynum say in defense of Loomis?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)