|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mattie offer to help with?
(a) making pots
(b) peeling potatoes
(d) cleaning the house
2. What fine did Jeremy have to pay?
(a) fifty cents
(b) two dollars
(c) thirty dollars
(d) no fine
3. What did Mattie's man say was on her?
(a) the devil's breath
(b) a curse prayer
(c) a dark cloud
(d) an aura of death
4. Who is Sally?
(a) Selig's cat
(b) Selig's wife
(c) Selig's daugher
(d) Selig's horse
5. What aspect of Mattie's looks does Jeremy comment on favorably?
(a) her hair
(b) her eyes
(c) her legs
(d) her hips
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertha tell Seth to get ready for?
2. Why doesn't Seth want to tell Loomis where Martha is?
3. What does Bynum caution Jeremy that he's doing to Mattie, asking her to move in so soon?
4. What does Seth say about Martha's last name?
5. What do lenders want from Seth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bertha says Bynum has been doing all morning at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Reuben say the ghost he saw did and said?
3. Describe what Reuben says he still has from Eugene and what he plans to do with it.
4. Why does Seth say he wants Jeremy to get his guitar?
5. What things does Bynum say a woman taught Jeremy?
6. Why doesn't Seth like Herald Loomis?
7. What does Loomis ask about God?
8. What is Molly's opinion about Mattie's job?
9. What problem does Seth foresee for Jeremy, and what does Seth suggest as a solution?
10. What does Seth report that Loomis is doing, after he's left the boardinghouse?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)