|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bynum's reaction when Seth suggests a Juba?
(a) He says he needs some rest.
(b) He says they Juba too much.
(c) He says he'll watch the others.
(d) He says he's always ready to Juba.
2. What do Seth and Bertha say about Loomis after he interrupts the Juba?
(a) that he should go to his room
(b) that he's crazy
(c) that he has to leave
(d) that he's irresponsible
3. What do Jeremy and Molly compliment Bertha on?
(a) her cooking
(b) her jokes
(c) her cleaning
(d) her coffee
4. Who does Jeremy compare Bertha's cooking to?
(a) his own
(c) his aunt's
(d) his mother's
5. How much time has passed between the end of Act 1, Scene 2 and the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) one month
(b) one year
(c) one week
(d) one day
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Bynum tell Selig the meaning of life?
2. What does Bynum compare a woman to, that's "all a man needs to live on"?
3. How does Bynum say that Seth looks?
4. What spiritual entity is mentioned in the Juba, as noted in the play's stage direction?
5. What is Bertha doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Seth's response to Molly telling him that she likes "company"?
2. What does Martha say happened to her when Herald was taken away?
3. To what does Seth attribute Selig's ability to find people?
4. What does Bynum says "shows what a woman is"?
5. Describe what Reuben says he still has from Eugene and what he plans to do with it.
6. What act does Loomis take to free himself and start anew?
7. Describe what it means to "Juba."
8. How does Jeremy and Mattie's relationship progress?
9. How does Loomis describe his wife to Selig?
10. What is the significance of Bynum's asking Loomis if he's ever been to Johnstown?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)