|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bertha doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) washing dishes
(b) sweeping the floor
(c) staring out the window
(d) fixing breakfast
2. What instrument does Seth play?
(a) a guitar
(b) a harmonica
(d) a horn
3. What does Loomis say is happening as Bynum tells him that everyone in the vision is standing up?
(a) Loomis says the water is receding and the world is drying out.
(b) Loomis says the ground is shaking and the world is rending.
(c) Loomis says the sky is turning black and the ground is liquidifying.
(d) Loomis says the fog is closing in on him.
4. How does Jeremy say Mattie treats him?
(a) real bad and real good
(b) like she's afraid he's going to leave
(c) like a child
(d) like he wants to be treated
5. Who is Herald Loomis looking for?
(a) his uncle Paul
(b) his cousin Glory
(c) his son Gerry
(d) his wife Martha
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Seth tell Molly is served on Sundays?
2. How long does Seth say Bynum has been at the rooming house?
3. Why doesn't Seth want to tell Loomis where Martha is?
4. In what strange way does Loomis start to speak?
5. How much time has passed between the end of Act 1, Scene 2 and the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Molly's reaction to the scene with Loomis after the Juba?
2. What is Molly's reaction to the death of Mattie's two babies?
3. What does Martha say happened to her when Herald was taken away?
4. What is Seth's opinion of Bynum's behavior with Loomis after the Juba?
5. What is Jeremy's initial reaction to Molly Cunningham?
6. Explain the metaphor that Bynum tells to Jeremy to teach him about relationships.
7. Why does Jeremy not want to enter a guitar-playing contest?
8. What does Molly say about her father?
9. What does Bertha advise Mattie about Bynum?
10. Why does Seth say he wants Jeremy to get his guitar?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)