|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bynum encourage Mattie to do?
(a) look insider herself to find her own song
(b) keep the pouch under her pillow for luck
(c) leave and find a new place to be
(d) go track down Jeremy
2. Who does Bertha say was doing the same as Loomis?
3. Zonia asks Reuben what something feels like. What does she ask about?
(a) being dead
(b) having a best friend
(c) being kissed
(d) having a home
4. In what context does Bynum use the play's title?
(a) in a story about his youth
(b) in advice to Mattie
(c) in song lyrics
(d) quoting his grandmother
5. What does Seth chide Bynum for?
(a) falling asleep while playing
(b) making jokes
(c) taking too long for his turn
6. What does Mattie say she's been trying to figure out about Loomis?
(a) if Loomis really saw things
(b) what Loomis really feels
(c) why Loomis wants to find his wife
(d) how old Loomis is
7. Where does Bynum say Jeremy's gone at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Jeremy left early for work.
(b) Jeremy is applying for a second job.
(c) Jeremy is at church.
(d) Jeremy is visiting a relative.
8. What does Bynum say Joe Turner wanted from Loomis?
(a) his song
(b) his life
(c) his soul
(d) his love
9. What does Seth threaten to kick Loomis out if he does?
(a) become noisy
(b) cause a disturbance
(c) be impolite to Bertha
(d) continue acting strangely
10. Why does Seth say Bynum is singing?
(a) to be obnoxious
(b) to annoy him
(c) because he's nuts
(d) to distract him
11. What does Jeremy ask Molly to do?
(a) run away with him
(b) keep it a secret that he was fired
(c) give him some money
(d) get him a job
12. What profession does Bynum ask if Loomis has had?
13. When does Bertha say is the only time Seth is satisfied?
(a) when he's eating
(b) when he's sleeping
(c) when he's making pots and pans
(d) when he's complaining
14. What does Zonia's father say can happen if you miss someone too much?
(a) It can kill you.
(b) You can stop remembering the person right.
(c) You can stop seeing the world.
(d) You can lose hope.
15. What does Reuben suggest might have happened to Zonia's mother?
(a) She might have married again.
(b) She might have changed her name.
(c) She might have left the country.
(d) She might be dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Molly say she slept soundly?
2. How long was Loomis kept by Joe Turner?
3. Who taught Seth to make pots and pans?
4. Who does Bertha blame for Jeremy's behavior?
5. What dead person does Reuben say he saw?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)