|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martha say she's been doing since Herald picked up Zonia at her mother's?
(a) trying to be happy alone
(b) living with another man
(c) looking for Herald and Zonia
(d) looking for God
2. What does Seth say when Bertha asks why he is late?
(a) He says he was on Logan Street talking with some men.
(b) He says he was out looking for workers to make pots.
(c) He says he was at the church asking about Martha.
(d) He says he was checking up on Herald Loomis.
3. Who does Loomis say he's finding his wife for?
(c) Joe Turner
4. Where does Bynum say the song he starts singing comes from?
(c) New Orleans
5. What does Bynum encourage Mattie to do?
(a) keep the pouch under her pillow for luck
(b) go track down Jeremy
(c) look insider herself to find her own song
(d) leave and find a new place to be
6. How long has Bertha been with Seth?
(a) twelve years
(b) twenty-seven years
(c) seven years
(d) two years
7. What suggestion does Molly give Jeremy about his job?
(a) He can make pots and pans with Seth.
(b) He can start playing guitar for a living.
(c) He can get work at the mill.
(d) He can get rehired, because they won't recognize him.
8. What does Mattie say, when Loomis asks her to come be with him?
(a) that he's married to Martha
(b) that he'd use her up too fast
(c) that she needs to wait for Jack
(d) that she's had enough of men
9. What does Reuben say the ghost was wearing?
(a) Sunday good clothes
(c) a white dress
(d) an old torn shirt
10. Who was Joe Turner's brother?
(a) mayor of Memphis
(b) governor of Tennessee
(c) police chief of Memphis
(d) U.S. senator for Tennessee
11. What does Reuben say Zonia looks like?
(a) a dog
(b) a spider
(c) a bird
(d) a horse
12. What profession does Bynum ask if Loomis has had?
13. What does Zonia's father say can happen if you miss someone too much?
(a) You can stop seeing the world.
(b) You can lose hope.
(c) You can stop remembering the person right.
(d) It can kill you.
14. What does Bertha recommend to Loomis?
(a) a farm she knows is hiring
(b) a man who might be able to find his wife
(c) a school for Zonia
(d) another boardinghouse
15. Where does Bynum say Jeremy's gone at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Jeremy is at church.
(b) Jeremy is applying for a second job.
(c) Jeremy left early for work.
(d) Jeremy is visiting a relative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Seth say about Loomis' dinner?
2. What does Mattie say no man wants?
3. What type of person does Molly ask Bynum if he is?
4. What does Seth remind Loomis of?
5. What does Reuben suggest might have happened to Zonia's mother?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)