|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Martha move up North?
(a) because she was lonely in the South
(b) because she was afraid of her mother
(c) because her church moved
(d) because she didn't want to see Herald
2. Why does Seth say Bynum is singing?
(a) to be obnoxious
(b) to annoy him
(c) because he's nuts
(d) to distract him
3. What are Seth and Bynum doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) playing cards
(b) playing dominoes
(c) rolling dice
(d) playing checkers
4. Who does Loomis say he's finding his wife for?
(b) Joe Turner
5. What does Zonia's father say can happen if you miss someone too much?
(a) It can kill you.
(b) You can lose hope.
(c) You can stop remembering the person right.
(d) You can stop seeing the world.
6. What does Bynum say Joe Turner wanted from Loomis?
(a) his love
(b) his song
(c) his life
(d) his soul
7. What does Bertha say Loomis needs?
(a) someone to watch over him
(b) someone to keep him in line
(c) someone to make him laugh
(d) someone to feed him
8. What does Seth threaten to kick Loomis out if he does?
(a) become noisy
(b) cause a disturbance
(c) be impolite to Bertha
(d) continue acting strangely
9. Who does he say made up the song?
(a) a bartender
10. What does Jeremy ask Molly to do?
(a) run away with him
(b) get him a job
(c) give him some money
(d) keep it a secret that he was fired
11. What does Seth warn Jeremy, now that Jeremy has no job?
(a) Jeremy will have to sell his guitar.
(b) Jeremy will be out a place to live by Saturday.
(c) Jeremy will have to get his job back, at less money.
(d) Jeremy will get arrested for vagrancy.
12. What does Martha say she's been doing since Herald picked up Zonia at her mother's?
(a) living with another man
(b) trying to be happy alone
(c) looking for Herald and Zonia
(d) looking for God
13. What does Loomis say he's been watching Mattie do?
(a) use her hands
(c) talk with Bertha
(d) watch him
14. Where did Reuben see the dead person?
(a) by the church
(b) in the sky
(c) by the pigeon coop
(d) through Seth's window
15. What does Seth remind Loomis of?
(a) what time it is
(b) where his daughter is
(c) what day it is
(d) how much breakfast he's eaten
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bynum tell Loomis that he's singing?
2. What does Mattie give to Zonia?
3. When does Bertha say is the only time Seth is satisfied?
4. When does Bertha say Mattie will find what she's looking for?
5. How long has Bertha been with Seth?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)