|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dead person does Reuben say he saw?
(a) Bertha's father
(b) Seth's grandfather
(c) Seth's mother
(d) Bertha's grandmother
2. Why was Jeremy fired?
(a) He yelled at his boss.
(b) He was drinking on the job.
(c) He dropped a hammer and injured another worker.
(d) He wouldn't pay 50 cents extortion to keep his job.
3. What suggestion does Molly give Jeremy about his job?
(a) He can start playing guitar for a living.
(b) He can get work at the mill.
(c) He can make pots and pans with Seth.
(d) He can get rehired, because they won't recognize him.
4. What does Jeremy ask Molly to do?
(a) get him a job
(b) keep it a secret that he was fired
(c) run away with him
(d) give him some money
5. Why does Seth say Bynum is singing?
(a) to annoy him
(b) to be obnoxious
(c) to distract him
(d) because he's nuts
6. What odd shift does Seth work?
(a) every other day
(b) on the weekends
(c) two hours on, two hours off
(d) at night
7. What does Reuben say the ghost was wearing?
(b) a white dress
(c) Sunday good clothes
(d) an old torn shirt
8. What does Loomis say he's been watching Mattie do?
(a) watch him
(b) use her hands
(d) talk with Bertha
9. When does Bertha say Mattie will find what she's looking for?
(a) wher she learns to tell right from wrong
(b) when she takes Bertha's advice
(c) when it looks like she'll never find it
(d) when she starts looking for it
10. What does Seth remind Loomis of?
(a) what time it is
(b) how much breakfast he's eaten
(c) what day it is
(d) where his daughter is
11. Why did Martha move up North?
(a) because her church moved
(b) because she was afraid of her mother
(c) because she didn't want to see Herald
(d) because she was lonely in the South
12. What explanation does Bertha give for Loomis' behavior?
(a) He is touched by God.
(b) He drank too much.
(c) He is touched by the devil.
(d) He got hit on the head.
13. Who was Joe Turner's brother?
(a) police chief of Memphis
(b) mayor of Memphis
(c) governor of Tennessee
(d) U.S. senator for Tennessee
14. What are Seth and Bynum doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) playing checkers
(b) playing dominoes
(c) playing cards
(d) rolling dice
15. What type of person does Molly ask Bynum if he is?
(a) a wicked person
(b) a voodoo person
(c) a spooky person
(d) a spirit person
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mattie say no man wants?
2. Who does Bynum say Loomis belonged to?
3. Who does Loomis cut with his knife?
4. What does Bynum say he used to do?
5. How long was Loomis kept by Joe Turner?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)