|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bynum say his father used to do for people?
(a) heal them
(b) find their fortune
(c) tell their future
(d) bless them
2. What does Loomis want to say to Martha?
(a) that he hates her
(c) that he still loves her
(d) that he wants her back
3. What was Loomis doing when Joe Turner caught him?
(a) buying bread
(b) fishing at a public pond
(c) sleeping under a tree
(d) preaching to gamblers
4. How long has Bertha been with Seth?
(a) seven years
(b) two years
(c) twelve years
(d) twenty-seven years
5. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Seth want to do about Loomis?
(a) send him to a hospital
(b) turn him over to the police
(c) kick him out of the boardinghouse
(d) get him a job out of town
6. What does Seth warn Jeremy, now that Jeremy has no job?
(a) Jeremy will get arrested for vagrancy.
(b) Jeremy will be out a place to live by Saturday.
(c) Jeremy will have to get his job back, at less money.
(d) Jeremy will have to sell his guitar.
7. What does Reuben say the ghost was wearing?
(a) Sunday good clothes
(b) an old torn shirt
(d) a white dress
8. Who did Reuben see out in the yard the previous night?
9. What are Seth and Bynum doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) playing checkers
(b) playing dominoes
(c) rolling dice
(d) playing cards
10. What does Molly say her mother wouldn't do?
(a) eat something she didn't make herself
(b) wear clothes worn by another
(c) drink anything someone gave her
(d) leave a window open
11. Who does Bynum say he bound?
(a) Bertha to Seth
(b) Zonia to her mother
(c) Loomis to his wife
(d) Jeremy to Molly
12. How long ago does Bynum say he learned the song?
(a) ten years ago
(b) fifteen years ago
(c) four years ago
(d) six months ago
13. What dead person does Reuben say he saw?
(a) Seth's grandfather
(b) Seth's mother
(c) Bertha's father
(d) Bertha's grandmother
14. What does Reuben say Zonia looks like?
(a) a dog
(b) a horse
(c) a bird
(d) a spider
15. What does Loomis compare Joe Turner catching slaves to?
(a) target shooting
(c) hunting possum
(d) picking apples
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does he say made up the song?
2. What does Bynum say he used to do?
3. What does Molly say about whether she would have gone to Bynum's father?
4. What does Jeremy ask Molly to do?
5. What does Seth say when Bertha asks why he is late?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)