|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bynum encourage Mattie to do?
(a) leave and find a new place to be
(b) look insider herself to find her own song
(c) keep the pouch under her pillow for luck
(d) go track down Jeremy
2. What is Molly's attitude toward men?
(a) She doesn't trust them.
(b) She knows there is one true man for her.
(c) She hates all men.
(d) She loves everything about men.
3. What does Reuben say the ghost was wearing?
(a) a white dress
(b) an old torn shirt
(d) Sunday good clothes
4. What places does Jeremy say he wants to see?
(a) all of them
(b) where history was made
(c) the old places
(d) where life is full
5. What does Molly say about her room?
(a) It's nice.
(b) It's too small.
(c) It's worth more than she's paying.
(d) It's the cleanest room she's seen.
6. Who does he say made up the song?
(b) a bartender
7. Who does Bertha say was doing the same as Loomis?
8. Why did Martha move up North?
(a) because she was lonely in the South
(b) because her church moved
(c) because she was afraid of her mother
(d) because she didn't want to see Herald
9. What does Molly say about whether she would have gone to Bynum's father?
(a) She says she wouldn't go unless a priest came with her.
(b) She says she might try it, but only if she had to.
(c) She says she'd never go to someone spooky like that.
(d) She says it would be the first place she'd go.
10. How long ago does Bynum say he learned the song?
(a) fifteen years ago
(b) ten years ago
(c) six months ago
(d) four years ago
11. What does Bertha recommend to Loomis?
(a) another boardinghouse
(b) a man who might be able to find his wife
(c) a farm she knows is hiring
(d) a school for Zonia
12. Where does Bynum say Jeremy's gone at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Jeremy left early for work.
(b) Jeremy is at church.
(c) Jeremy is applying for a second job.
(d) Jeremy is visiting a relative.
13. Why does Bynum tell Loomis that he's singing?
(a) to bring joy to others
(b) because he's driven to sing
(c) to deliver a message
(d) to entertain himself
14. Where did Reuben see the dead person?
(a) through Seth's window
(b) in the sky
(c) by the pigeon coop
(d) by the church
15. What does Seth keep urging Bynum to do?
(a) stop fidgeting in his seat
(b) stop cheating
(c) stop talking to Loomis
(d) stop singing and play
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Loomis want to say to Martha?
2. Who does Loomis cut with his knife?
3. What odd shift does Seth work?
4. How long was Loomis kept by Joe Turner?
5. What does Zonia's father say can happen if you miss someone too much?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)