|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reuben say the ghost was wearing?
(a) a white dress
(c) Sunday good clothes
(d) an old torn shirt
2. What does Martha say Loomis needs?
(a) a woman
(c) a song
3. How long has Herald Loomis been looking for his wife?
(a) four years
(b) seven years
(c) ten years
(d) two years
4. Who is the only person Molly says she loves?
(a) her priest
(c) her grandma
(d) her mother
5. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Seth want to do about Loomis?
(a) send him to a hospital
(b) turn him over to the police
(c) kick him out of the boardinghouse
(d) get him a job out of town
6. What does Zonia suggest the ghost might have been?
(a) an angel
(b) a demon
(c) a hallucination
(d) an animal
7. What explanation does Bertha give for Loomis' behavior?
(a) He is touched by God.
(b) He is touched by the devil.
(c) He got hit on the head.
(d) He drank too much.
8. How does Loomis react to Bynum's singing?
(a) He sings a different song, louder.
(b) He doesn't like it.
(c) He starts singing along.
(d) He wants to hear more.
9. What does Loomis say he's forgotten?
(a) how to forgive
(b) who to love
(c) how to forget
(d) how to touch
10. What does Loomis compare Joe Turner catching slaves to?
(b) picking apples
(c) hunting possum
(d) target shooting
11. Why does Molly say she slept soundly?
(a) She slept on the floor.
(b) She was tired.
(c) She feels safe.
(d) It was so quiet.
12. What does Jeremy ask Molly to do?
(a) get him a job
(b) run away with him
(c) keep it a secret that he was fired
(d) give him some money
13. What does Seth warn Jeremy, now that Jeremy has no job?
(a) Jeremy will have to sell his guitar.
(b) Jeremy will be out a place to live by Saturday.
(c) Jeremy will get arrested for vagrancy.
(d) Jeremy will have to get his job back, at less money.
14. What does Seth say when Bertha asks why he is late?
(a) He says he was at the church asking about Martha.
(b) He says he was out looking for workers to make pots.
(c) He says he was on Logan Street talking with some men.
(d) He says he was checking up on Herald Loomis.
15. What is Bynum doing when he comes downstairs in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of person does Molly ask Bynum if he is?
2. Who does Bynum say he bound?
3. Why was Jeremy fired?
4. What does Seth say Joe Turner wanted from Loomis?
5. What does Bynum say he used to do?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)