|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bertha recommend to Loomis?
(a) a farm she knows is hiring
(b) another boardinghouse
(c) a school for Zonia
(d) a man who might be able to find his wife
2. Why does Seth say Bynum is singing?
(a) to annoy him
(b) to distract him
(c) because he's nuts
(d) to be obnoxious
3. What explanation does Bertha give for Loomis' behavior?
(a) He got hit on the head.
(b) He drank too much.
(c) He is touched by the devil.
(d) He is touched by God.
4. What places does Jeremy say he wants to see?
(a) where history was made
(b) all of them
(c) where life is full
(d) the old places
5. Who does Loomis cut with his knife?
6. What does Loomis compare Joe Turner catching slaves to?
(b) target shooting
(c) hunting possum
(d) picking apples
7. What does Seth say Joe Turner wanted from Loomis?
(a) someone to make him feel big
(b) someone to take his anger out on
(c) someone to do his work for him
(d) his sweat and caring
8. Why did Martha move up North?
(a) because she didn't want to see Herald
(b) because she was lonely in the South
(c) because her church moved
(d) because she was afraid of her mother
9. What was Loomis doing when Joe Turner caught him?
(a) sleeping under a tree
(b) fishing at a public pond
(c) preaching to gamblers
(d) buying bread
10. What does Bertha describe as Jeremy's flaw?
(a) being blind
(b) being young
(c) being foolish
(d) being ignorant
11. What does Loomis say he's forgotten?
(a) how to touch
(b) who to love
(c) how to forget
(d) how to forgive
12. What does Seth chide Bynum for?
(b) taking too long for his turn
(c) falling asleep while playing
(d) making jokes
13. What suggestion does Molly give Jeremy about his job?
(a) He can make pots and pans with Seth.
(b) He can get rehired, because they won't recognize him.
(c) He can get work at the mill.
(d) He can start playing guitar for a living.
14. What does Jeremy ask Molly to do?
(a) get him a job
(b) keep it a secret that he was fired
(c) run away with him
(d) give him some money
15. What does Zonia suggest the ghost might have been?
(a) an angel
(b) a demon
(c) an animal
(d) a hallucination
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Jeremy fired?
2. What does Seth threaten to kick Loomis out if he does?
3. Where does Bynum say the song he starts singing comes from?
4. What does Bynum say he used to do?
5. What is Bynum doing when he comes downstairs in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)