|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bynum say his father used to do for people?
(a) heal them
(b) find their fortune
(c) tell their future
(d) bless them
2. What does Bertha give Mr. Loomis for breakfast?
(a) a plate of eggs and sausage
(b) a plate of biscuits and gravy
(c) a plate of eggs and bacon
(d) a bowl of grits
3. What suggestion does Molly give Jeremy about his job?
(a) He can start playing guitar for a living.
(b) He can get rehired, because they won't recognize him.
(c) He can make pots and pans with Seth.
(d) He can get work at the mill.
4. What has Joe Turner come with?
(a) a letter from a woman
(b) forty links of chain
(c) a golden necklace
(d) a paper from a man
5. What does Mattie give to Zonia?
(a) a picture
(b) a flower
(c) a doll
(d) a ribbon
6. What does Seth say about Loomis' dinner?
(a) Bertha will come to cook him a late dinner.
(b) He is too late and can have no dinner.
(c) His plate is on the table.
(d) He'll have to pay extra for the dinner.
7. Who does Bertha say was doing the same as Loomis?
8. What does Seth remind Loomis of?
(a) how much breakfast he's eaten
(b) what time it is
(c) where his daughter is
(d) what day it is
9. What does Loomis tell Zonia to do at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) stay around the house
(b) stop bothering Bertha
(c) take a message to the church
(d) go out and play
10. Who does he say made up the song?
(b) a bartender
11. What type of person does Molly ask Bynum if he is?
(a) a spirit person
(b) a spooky person
(c) a wicked person
(d) a voodoo person
12. Why does Molly say she slept soundly?
(a) She slept on the floor.
(b) She was tired.
(c) She feels safe.
(d) It was so quiet.
13. What does Loomis say when Mattie asks how he got separated from his wife?
(a) He says his wife deserted him at the worst time.
(b) He says he doesn't want to talk about it.
(c) He says it was his own fault for getting himself caught.
(d) He says Joe Turner split them up.
14. What does Bertha recommend to Loomis?
(a) a farm she knows is hiring
(b) a school for Zonia
(c) another boardinghouse
(d) a man who might be able to find his wife
15. What does Mattie say, when Loomis asks her to come be with him?
(a) that he's married to Martha
(b) that he'd use her up too fast
(c) that she's had enough of men
(d) that she needs to wait for Jack
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bynum encourage Mattie to do?
2. What does Martha say Loomis needs?
3. What does Loomis say about Mattie's dress?
4. What does Reuben say Zonia looks like?
5. What places does Jeremy say he wants to see?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)