|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Seth keep urging Bynum to do?
(a) stop cheating
(b) stop talking to Loomis
(c) stop singing and play
(d) stop fidgeting in his seat
2. Who did Reuben see out in the yard the previous night?
3. What type of person does Molly ask Bynum if he is?
(a) a voodoo person
(b) a wicked person
(c) a spooky person
(d) a spirit person
4. Who does Bynum say he bound?
(a) Bertha to Seth
(b) Loomis to his wife
(c) Zonia to her mother
(d) Jeremy to Molly
5. What explanation does Bertha give for Loomis' behavior?
(a) He is touched by God.
(b) He drank too much.
(c) He is touched by the devil.
(d) He got hit on the head.
6. What does Loomis say about Mattie's dress?
(a) It's too short.
(b) It's got a lot of color.
(c) It's soft.
(d) It's looking old.
7. What was Loomis doing when Joe Turner caught him?
(a) fishing at a public pond
(b) buying bread
(c) sleeping under a tree
(d) preaching to gamblers
8. Who was Joe Turner's brother?
(a) U.S. senator for Tennessee
(b) police chief of Memphis
(c) governor of Tennessee
(d) mayor of Memphis
9. What does Seth warn Jeremy, now that Jeremy has no job?
(a) Jeremy will get arrested for vagrancy.
(b) Jeremy will be out a place to live by Saturday.
(c) Jeremy will have to sell his guitar.
(d) Jeremy will have to get his job back, at less money.
10. What does Mattie say she's been trying to figure out about Loomis?
(a) how old Loomis is
(b) why Loomis wants to find his wife
(c) if Loomis really saw things
(d) what Loomis really feels
11. What odd shift does Seth work?
(a) every other day
(b) two hours on, two hours off
(c) at night
(d) on the weekends
12. Who is the only person Molly says she loves?
(b) her grandma
(c) her mother
(d) her priest
13. What does Zonia suggest the ghost might have been?
(a) an animal
(b) an angel
(c) a hallucination
(d) a demon
14. How long ago does Bynum say he learned the song?
(a) ten years ago
(b) six months ago
(c) four years ago
(d) fifteen years ago
15. When does Bertha say Mattie will find what she's looking for?
(a) when she starts looking for it
(b) when it looks like she'll never find it
(c) when she takes Bertha's advice
(d) wher she learns to tell right from wrong
Short Answer Questions
1. Zonia asks Reuben what something feels like. What does she ask about?
2. How long has Bertha been with Seth?
3. What does Seth say Joe Turner wanted from Loomis?
4. What suggestion does Molly give Jeremy about his job?
5. What is Bynum doing when he comes downstairs in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)