|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mattie say she's been trying to figure out about Loomis?
(a) why Loomis wants to find his wife
(b) if Loomis really saw things
(c) what Loomis really feels
(d) how old Loomis is
2. What does Bertha describe as Jeremy's flaw?
(a) being ignorant
(b) being foolish
(c) being blind
(d) being young
3. Where did Reuben see the dead person?
(a) through Seth's window
(b) by the church
(c) by the pigeon coop
(d) in the sky
4. Who was Joe Turner's brother?
(a) police chief of Memphis
(b) U.S. senator for Tennessee
(c) governor of Tennessee
(d) mayor of Memphis
5. What does Loomis say when Mattie asks what he'll do if he can't find his wife?
(a) Loomis says that if he doesn't find her, he'll live for his daughter.
(b) Loomis says that if he doesn't find her, he'll die.
(c) Loomis says that he can't not find her.
(d) Loomis says that if he doesn't find her, he doesn't know what will happen.
6. What does Bynum encourage Mattie to do?
(a) look insider herself to find her own song
(b) leave and find a new place to be
(c) go track down Jeremy
(d) keep the pouch under her pillow for luck
7. What does Bertha recommend to Loomis?
(a) another boardinghouse
(b) a farm she knows is hiring
(c) a man who might be able to find his wife
(d) a school for Zonia
8. What are Seth and Bynum doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) rolling dice
(b) playing checkers
(c) playing dominoes
(d) playing cards
9. Zonia asks Reuben what something feels like. What does she ask about?
(a) being kissed
(b) being dead
(c) having a best friend
(d) having a home
10. What dead person does Reuben say he saw?
(a) Bertha's grandmother
(b) Bertha's father
(c) Seth's grandfather
(d) Seth's mother
11. What does Mattie say no man wants?
(a) a woman with a loud voice
(b) a woman with a checkered past
(c) a woman with no sense of humor
(d) a woman with a troubled mind
12. What room does Act 2, Scene 3 take place in?
(a) the kitchen
(b) the parlor
(c) a bedroom
(d) the workshop
13. What does Jeremy ask Molly to do?
(a) run away with him
(b) keep it a secret that he was fired
(c) give him some money
(d) get him a job
14. What does Loomis say he's been watching Mattie do?
(b) watch him
(c) talk with Bertha
(d) use her hands
15. What does Bynum say his father used to do for people?
(a) tell their future
(b) heal them
(c) bless them
(d) find their fortune
Short Answer Questions
1. What odd shift does Seth work?
2. What does Zonia suggest the ghost might have been?
3. When does Bertha say Mattie will find what she's looking for?
4. What is Bynum doing when he comes downstairs in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What does Mattie give to Zonia?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)