|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bynum say he used to do?
(a) pick tobacco
(b) pick cotton
(c) pick oranges
(d) pick apples
2. What has Joe Turner come with?
(a) forty links of chain
(b) a paper from a man
(c) a golden necklace
(d) a letter from a woman
3. What does Bynum encourage Mattie to do?
(a) keep the pouch under her pillow for luck
(b) leave and find a new place to be
(c) go track down Jeremy
(d) look insider herself to find her own song
4. What does Mattie say, when Loomis asks her to come be with him?
(a) that she's had enough of men
(b) that she needs to wait for Jack
(c) that he's married to Martha
(d) that he'd use her up too fast
5. Why was Jeremy fired?
(a) He wouldn't pay 50 cents extortion to keep his job.
(b) He yelled at his boss.
(c) He dropped a hammer and injured another worker.
(d) He was drinking on the job.
6. What is Molly's attitude toward men?
(a) She hates all men.
(b) She doesn't trust them.
(c) She knows there is one true man for her.
(d) She loves everything about men.
7. How long ago does Bynum say he learned the song?
(a) fifteen years ago
(b) ten years ago
(c) four years ago
(d) six months ago
8. Who does Loomis say he's finding his wife for?
(c) Joe Turner
9. What does Jeremy ask Molly to do?
(a) get him a job
(b) give him some money
(c) run away with him
(d) keep it a secret that he was fired
10. What does Jeremy suggest Molly needs a man for?
(a) to have a good time
(b) to help her make a living
(c) to keep her out of trouble
(d) to protect her
11. Why does Molly say she slept soundly?
(a) She slept on the floor.
(b) She was tired.
(c) She feels safe.
(d) It was so quiet.
12. What dead person does Reuben say he saw?
(a) Seth's grandfather
(b) Bertha's grandmother
(c) Seth's mother
(d) Bertha's father
13. What does Seth remind Loomis of?
(a) how much breakfast he's eaten
(b) where his daughter is
(c) what day it is
(d) what time it is
14. What does Loomis say he's been watching Mattie do?
(a) watch him
(b) talk with Bertha
(d) use her hands
15. Zonia asks Reuben what something feels like. What does she ask about?
(a) being dead
(b) being kissed
(c) having a home
(d) having a best friend
Short Answer Questions
1. In what context does Bynum use the play's title?
2. What does Reuben suggest might have happened to Zonia's mother?
3. What does Bynum say his father used to do for people?
4. What does Zonia's father say can happen if you miss someone too much?
5. What does Loomis want to say to Martha?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)