|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What room does Act 2, Scene 3 take place in?
(a) the parlor
(b) the kitchen
(c) a bedroom
(d) the workshop
2. What does Bertha say Loomis needs?
(a) someone to feed him
(b) someone to make him laugh
(c) someone to watch over him
(d) someone to keep him in line
3. What does Loomis say when Mattie asks what he'll do if he can't find his wife?
(a) Loomis says that if he doesn't find her, he doesn't know what will happen.
(b) Loomis says that he can't not find her.
(c) Loomis says that if he doesn't find her, he'll die.
(d) Loomis says that if he doesn't find her, he'll live for his daughter.
4. What does Jeremy ask Molly to do?
(a) run away with him
(b) get him a job
(c) give him some money
(d) keep it a secret that he was fired
5. Why was Jeremy fired?
(a) He wouldn't pay 50 cents extortion to keep his job.
(b) He was drinking on the job.
(c) He dropped a hammer and injured another worker.
(d) He yelled at his boss.
6. Why did Martha move up North?
(a) because her church moved
(b) because she didn't want to see Herald
(c) because she was lonely in the South
(d) because she was afraid of her mother
7. What does Molly say about her room?
(a) It's the cleanest room she's seen.
(b) It's nice.
(c) It's worth more than she's paying.
(d) It's too small.
8. What does Seth remind Loomis of?
(a) how much breakfast he's eaten
(b) where his daughter is
(c) what day it is
(d) what time it is
9. Who does he say made up the song?
(c) a bartender
10. How long ago does Bynum say he learned the song?
(a) six months ago
(b) fifteen years ago
(c) ten years ago
(d) four years ago
11. What suggestion does Molly give Jeremy about his job?
(a) He can get rehired, because they won't recognize him.
(b) He can make pots and pans with Seth.
(c) He can get work at the mill.
(d) He can start playing guitar for a living.
12. What type of person does Molly ask Bynum if he is?
(a) a spooky person
(b) a spirit person
(c) a wicked person
(d) a voodoo person
13. How long was Loomis kept by Joe Turner?
(a) thirteen years
(b) ten years
(c) three years
(d) seven years
14. What does Reuben say Zonia looks like?
(a) a dog
(b) a bird
(c) a spider
(d) a horse
15. What does Bynum encourage Mattie to do?
(a) keep the pouch under her pillow for luck
(b) go track down Jeremy
(c) leave and find a new place to be
(d) look insider herself to find her own song
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zonia's father say can happen if you miss someone too much?
2. What does Reuben say the ghost was wearing?
3. What does Mattie say no man wants?
4. What does Bynum say he used to do?
5. Who does Loomis say he's finding his wife for?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)