|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Molly say she slept soundly?
(a) She feels safe.
(b) It was so quiet.
(c) She slept on the floor.
(d) She was tired.
2. What does Seth say when Bertha asks why he is late?
(a) He says he was at the church asking about Martha.
(b) He says he was out looking for workers to make pots.
(c) He says he was checking up on Herald Loomis.
(d) He says he was on Logan Street talking with some men.
3. What are Seth and Bynum doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) playing checkers
(b) rolling dice
(c) playing dominoes
(d) playing cards
4. What does Seth warn Jeremy, now that Jeremy has no job?
(a) Jeremy will have to get his job back, at less money.
(b) Jeremy will have to sell his guitar.
(c) Jeremy will be out a place to live by Saturday.
(d) Jeremy will get arrested for vagrancy.
5. What does Bynum say his father used to do for people?
(a) find their fortune
(b) tell their future
(c) bless them
(d) heal them
6. What does Loomis tell Zonia to do at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) go out and play
(b) stop bothering Bertha
(c) stay around the house
(d) take a message to the church
7. What does Seth chide Bynum for?
(a) taking too long for his turn
(b) making jokes
(c) falling asleep while playing
8. What does Bynum encourage Mattie to do?
(a) leave and find a new place to be
(b) keep the pouch under her pillow for luck
(c) look insider herself to find her own song
(d) go track down Jeremy
9. What profession does Bynum ask if Loomis has had?
10. What does Mattie say she's been trying to figure out about Loomis?
(a) if Loomis really saw things
(b) how old Loomis is
(c) why Loomis wants to find his wife
(d) what Loomis really feels
11. What does Bynum say he used to do?
(a) pick apples
(b) pick tobacco
(c) pick oranges
(d) pick cotton
12. What was Loomis doing when Joe Turner caught him?
(a) sleeping under a tree
(b) preaching to gamblers
(c) buying bread
(d) fishing at a public pond
13. What does Molly say about whether she would have gone to Bynum's father?
(a) She says it would be the first place she'd go.
(b) She says she'd never go to someone spooky like that.
(c) She says she might try it, but only if she had to.
(d) She says she wouldn't go unless a priest came with her.
14. What type of person does Molly ask Bynum if he is?
(a) a spooky person
(b) a wicked person
(c) a voodoo person
(d) a spirit person
15. Why was Jeremy fired?
(a) He yelled at his boss.
(b) He was drinking on the job.
(c) He dropped a hammer and injured another worker.
(d) He wouldn't pay 50 cents extortion to keep his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Loomis say about Mattie's dress?
2. What does Molly say about her room?
3. What does Bertha give Mr. Loomis for breakfast?
4. What suggestion does Molly give Jeremy about his job?
5. What does Seth remind Loomis of?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)