|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bynum doing when he comes downstairs in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Who does Loomis say he's finding his wife for?
(b) Joe Turner
3. What does Martha say Loomis needs?
(c) a song
(d) a woman
4. How long has Bertha been with Seth?
(a) twelve years
(b) seven years
(c) two years
(d) twenty-seven years
5. What has Joe Turner come with?
(a) a golden necklace
(b) a paper from a man
(c) a letter from a woman
(d) forty links of chain
6. Who is the only person Molly says she loves?
(a) her grandma
(c) her priest
(d) her mother
7. What does Seth keep urging Bynum to do?
(a) stop talking to Loomis
(b) stop singing and play
(c) stop fidgeting in his seat
(d) stop cheating
8. What does Reuben say the ghost was wearing?
(a) Sunday good clothes
(b) a white dress
(d) an old torn shirt
9. Who does Bertha say was doing the same as Loomis?
10. Who does he say made up the song?
(a) a bartender
11. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Seth want to do about Loomis?
(a) get him a job out of town
(b) turn him over to the police
(c) kick him out of the boardinghouse
(d) send him to a hospital
12. Who was Joe Turner's brother?
(a) U.S. senator for Tennessee
(b) governor of Tennessee
(c) mayor of Memphis
(d) police chief of Memphis
13. What does Martha say she's been doing since Herald picked up Zonia at her mother's?
(a) living with another man
(b) looking for Herald and Zonia
(c) trying to be happy alone
(d) looking for God
14. Who did Reuben see out in the yard the previous night?
15. What does Mattie give to Zonia?
(a) a picture
(b) a ribbon
(c) a flower
(d) a doll
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Loomis react to Bynum's singing?
2. What are Seth and Bynum doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Molly say about whether she would have gone to Bynum's father?
4. Who does Bynum say he bound?
5. Where does Bynum say Jeremy's gone at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)