|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Molly say her mother wouldn't do?
(a) leave a window open
(b) drink anything someone gave her
(c) wear clothes worn by another
(d) eat something she didn't make herself
2. What does Loomis say he's been watching Mattie do?
(a) talk with Bertha
(c) watch him
(d) use her hands
3. What does Loomis say when Mattie asks how he got separated from his wife?
(a) He says it was his own fault for getting himself caught.
(b) He says his wife deserted him at the worst time.
(c) He says he doesn't want to talk about it.
(d) He says Joe Turner split them up.
4. What does Mattie give to Zonia?
(a) a ribbon
(b) a flower
(c) a picture
(d) a doll
5. What does Bertha say Loomis needs?
(a) someone to keep him in line
(b) someone to watch over him
(c) someone to feed him
(d) someone to make him laugh
6. What does Loomis want to say to Martha?
(a) that he still loves her
(c) that he wants her back
(d) that he hates her
7. What does Bertha give Mr. Loomis for breakfast?
(a) a bowl of grits
(b) a plate of eggs and sausage
(c) a plate of eggs and bacon
(d) a plate of biscuits and gravy
8. What places does Jeremy say he wants to see?
(a) where history was made
(b) where life is full
(c) the old places
(d) all of them
9. What does Bynum say his father used to do for people?
(a) find their fortune
(b) tell their future
(c) bless them
(d) heal them
10. What does Seth apologize to Molly for?
(a) getting angry
(b) the late breakfast
(c) asking for too much money
(d) Loomis' behavior
11. What does Mattie say no man wants?
(a) a woman with no sense of humor
(b) a woman with a troubled mind
(c) a woman with a loud voice
(d) a woman with a checkered past
12. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Seth want to do about Loomis?
(a) turn him over to the police
(b) get him a job out of town
(c) kick him out of the boardinghouse
(d) send him to a hospital
13. Who is the only person Molly says she loves?
(a) her priest
(c) her mother
(d) her grandma
14. What does Reuben suggest might have happened to Zonia's mother?
(a) She might have married again.
(b) She might be dead.
(c) She might have left the country.
(d) She might have changed her name.
15. Why does Bynum tell Loomis that he's singing?
(a) to bring joy to others
(b) to deliver a message
(c) because he's driven to sing
(d) to entertain himself
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Loomis compare Joe Turner catching slaves to?
2. What does Seth say Joe Turner wanted from Loomis?
3. What does Molly say about whether she would have gone to Bynum's father?
4. What does Seth chide Bynum for?
5. What does Bynum encourage Mattie to do?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)