|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martha say she's been doing since Herald picked up Zonia at her mother's?
(a) trying to be happy alone
(b) looking for God
(c) living with another man
(d) looking for Herald and Zonia
2. What does Mattie say no man wants?
(a) a woman with a checkered past
(b) a woman with a troubled mind
(c) a woman with a loud voice
(d) a woman with no sense of humor
3. What does Bertha say Loomis needs?
(a) someone to feed him
(b) someone to watch over him
(c) someone to keep him in line
(d) someone to make him laugh
4. What does Seth chide Bynum for?
(b) falling asleep while playing
(c) taking too long for his turn
(d) making jokes
5. What does Seth say Joe Turner wanted from Loomis?
(a) someone to make him feel big
(b) his sweat and caring
(c) someone to take his anger out on
(d) someone to do his work for him
6. Who does Loomis cut with his knife?
7. What does Loomis say he's been watching Mattie do?
(b) watch him
(c) talk with Bertha
(d) use her hands
8. What does Reuben say Zonia looks like?
(a) a spider
(b) a bird
(c) a dog
(d) a horse
9. Why does Seth say Bynum is singing?
(a) because he's nuts
(b) to be obnoxious
(c) to distract him
(d) to annoy him
10. What does Seth warn Jeremy, now that Jeremy has no job?
(a) Jeremy will get arrested for vagrancy.
(b) Jeremy will have to get his job back, at less money.
(c) Jeremy will have to sell his guitar.
(d) Jeremy will be out a place to live by Saturday.
11. What profession does Bynum ask if Loomis has had?
12. What does Seth apologize to Molly for?
(a) Loomis' behavior
(b) getting angry
(c) the late breakfast
(d) asking for too much money
13. Who does Bertha say was doing the same as Loomis?
14. Why was Jeremy fired?
(a) He yelled at his boss.
(b) He dropped a hammer and injured another worker.
(c) He was drinking on the job.
(d) He wouldn't pay 50 cents extortion to keep his job.
15. Where does Seth say he was born?
(a) in the North
(b) in the East
(c) in the West
(d) in the South
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mattie say, when Loomis asks her to come be with him?
2. What does Reuben suggest might have happened to Zonia's mother?
3. What does Martha say Loomis needs?
4. What are Seth and Bynum doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does Molly say about her room?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)