Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Loomis doing when Joe Turner caught him?
(a) preaching to gamblers
(b) sleeping under a tree
(c) buying bread
(d) fishing at a public pond
2. What does Reuben say the ghost was wearing?
(a) a white dress
(b) Sunday good clothes
(d) an old torn shirt
3. Who did Reuben see out in the yard the previous night?
4. Who does Loomis say he's finding his wife for?
(a) Joe Turner
5. Where does Bynum say the song he starts singing comes from?
(a) New Orleans
6. What does Zonia suggest the ghost might have been?
(a) a hallucination
(b) an angel
(c) a demon
(d) an animal
7. What does Mattie say she's been trying to figure out about Loomis?
(a) how old Loomis is
(b) if Loomis really saw things
(c) why Loomis wants to find his wife
(d) what Loomis really feels
8. What does Loomis say when Mattie asks what he'll do if he can't find his wife?
(a) Loomis says that he can't not find her.
(b) Loomis says that if he doesn't find her, he doesn't know what will happen.
(c) Loomis says that if he doesn't find her, he'll live for his daughter.
(d) Loomis says that if he doesn't find her, he'll die.
9. Why does Seth say Bynum is singing?
(a) to distract him
(b) to annoy him
(c) to be obnoxious
(d) because he's nuts
10. What does Seth say when Bertha asks why he is late?
(a) He says he was out looking for workers to make pots.
(b) He says he was checking up on Herald Loomis.
(c) He says he was at the church asking about Martha.
(d) He says he was on Logan Street talking with some men.
11. What dead person does Reuben say he saw?
(a) Bertha's grandmother
(b) Bertha's father
(c) Seth's grandfather
(d) Seth's mother
12. Why did Martha move up North?
(a) because she was lonely in the South
(b) because she didn't want to see Herald
(c) because her church moved
(d) because she was afraid of her mother
13. What does Seth warn Jeremy, now that Jeremy has no job?
(a) Jeremy will get arrested for vagrancy.
(b) Jeremy will be out a place to live by Saturday.
(c) Jeremy will have to get his job back, at less money.
(d) Jeremy will have to sell his guitar.
14. What does Molly say about whether she would have gone to Bynum's father?
(a) She says she'd never go to someone spooky like that.
(b) She says she wouldn't go unless a priest came with her.
(c) She says she might try it, but only if she had to.
(d) She says it would be the first place she'd go.
15. What does Seth say about Loomis' dinner?
(a) His plate is on the table.
(b) Bertha will come to cook him a late dinner.
(c) He'll have to pay extra for the dinner.
(d) He is too late and can have no dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertha say Loomis needs?
2. What does Seth remind Loomis of?
3. What does Seth threaten to kick Loomis out if he does?
4. Where did Reuben see the dead person?
5. How does Loomis react to Bynum's singing?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)