|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Loomis compare Joe Turner catching slaves to?
(a) hunting possum
(b) picking apples
(d) target shooting
2. Who does Loomis say he's finding his wife for?
(c) Joe Turner
3. What does Molly say her mother wouldn't do?
(a) wear clothes worn by another
(b) leave a window open
(c) eat something she didn't make herself
(d) drink anything someone gave her
4. Where does Bynum say the song he starts singing comes from?
(c) New Orleans
5. Why was Jeremy fired?
(a) He yelled at his boss.
(b) He was drinking on the job.
(c) He dropped a hammer and injured another worker.
(d) He wouldn't pay 50 cents extortion to keep his job.
6. What does Bynum say he used to do?
(a) pick cotton
(b) pick tobacco
(c) pick oranges
(d) pick apples
7. What does Bertha recommend to Loomis?
(a) a farm she knows is hiring
(b) a man who might be able to find his wife
(c) a school for Zonia
(d) another boardinghouse
8. What does Seth remind Loomis of?
(a) how much breakfast he's eaten
(b) what day it is
(c) what time it is
(d) where his daughter is
9. In what context does Bynum use the play's title?
(a) in a story about his youth
(b) quoting his grandmother
(c) in advice to Mattie
(d) in song lyrics
10. Where does Bynum say Jeremy's gone at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Jeremy is visiting a relative.
(b) Jeremy is at church.
(c) Jeremy is applying for a second job.
(d) Jeremy left early for work.
11. Who does Bynum say Loomis belonged to?
(a) his wife
(b) Joe Turner
(d) his daughter
12. What room does Act 2, Scene 3 take place in?
(a) the kitchen
(b) a bedroom
(c) the workshop
(d) the parlor
13. What does Seth apologize to Molly for?
(a) the late breakfast
(b) Loomis' behavior
(c) asking for too much money
(d) getting angry
14. Zonia asks Reuben what something feels like. What does she ask about?
(a) being dead
(b) having a best friend
(c) having a home
(d) being kissed
15. Who does he say made up the song?
(d) a bartender
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Seth chide Bynum for?
2. What does Bertha say Loomis needs?
3. What does Loomis want to say to Martha?
4. Where did Reuben see the dead person?
5. Who taught Seth to make pots and pans?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)