|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Seth apologize to Molly for?
(a) asking for too much money
(b) getting angry
(c) the late breakfast
(d) Loomis' behavior
2. Where does Seth say he was born?
(a) in the North
(b) in the West
(c) in the South
(d) in the East
3. Who taught Seth to make pots and pans?
(a) He taught himself.
(b) A man he works with taught him.
(c) His brother taught him.
(d) His father taught him.
4. Who does Bynum say Loomis belonged to?
(a) his wife
(b) his daughter
(d) Joe Turner
5. Why was Jeremy fired?
(a) He yelled at his boss.
(b) He dropped a hammer and injured another worker.
(c) He wouldn't pay 50 cents extortion to keep his job.
(d) He was drinking on the job.
6. What odd shift does Seth work?
(a) every other day
(b) at night
(c) two hours on, two hours off
(d) on the weekends
7. What does Loomis say he's been watching Mattie do?
(a) use her hands
(b) watch him
(c) talk with Bertha
8. What does Jeremy ask Molly to do?
(a) run away with him
(b) get him a job
(c) give him some money
(d) keep it a secret that he was fired
9. Why does Bynum tell Loomis that he's singing?
(a) to bring joy to others
(b) to entertain himself
(c) to deliver a message
(d) because he's driven to sing
10. What does Loomis tell Zonia to do at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) stay around the house
(b) take a message to the church
(c) stop bothering Bertha
(d) go out and play
11. What does Mattie say she's been trying to figure out about Loomis?
(a) if Loomis really saw things
(b) what Loomis really feels
(c) how old Loomis is
(d) why Loomis wants to find his wife
12. What does Loomis say when Mattie asks how he got separated from his wife?
(a) He says Joe Turner split them up.
(b) He says his wife deserted him at the worst time.
(c) He says it was his own fault for getting himself caught.
(d) He says he doesn't want to talk about it.
13. What does Reuben say the ghost was wearing?
(b) a white dress
(c) Sunday good clothes
(d) an old torn shirt
14. What does Mattie say, when Loomis asks her to come be with him?
(a) that he'd use her up too fast
(b) that she needs to wait for Jack
(c) that he's married to Martha
(d) that she's had enough of men
15. What does Seth say Joe Turner wanted from Loomis?
(a) someone to make him feel big
(b) someone to do his work for him
(c) his sweat and caring
(d) someone to take his anger out on
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertha give Mr. Loomis for breakfast?
2. Why does Seth say Bynum is singing?
3. How long has Bertha been with Seth?
4. When does Bertha say is the only time Seth is satisfied?
5. When does Bertha say Mattie will find what she's looking for?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)