|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reuben say the ghost was wearing?
(a) an old torn shirt
(b) a white dress
(d) Sunday good clothes
2. What was Loomis doing when Joe Turner caught him?
(a) buying bread
(b) fishing at a public pond
(c) preaching to gamblers
(d) sleeping under a tree
3. What does Jeremy suggest Molly needs a man for?
(a) to keep her out of trouble
(b) to have a good time
(c) to help her make a living
(d) to protect her
4. What does Loomis tell Zonia to do at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) take a message to the church
(b) stay around the house
(c) stop bothering Bertha
(d) go out and play
5. Who does Bynum say he bound?
(a) Zonia to her mother
(b) Loomis to his wife
(c) Jeremy to Molly
(d) Bertha to Seth
6. What does Loomis compare Joe Turner catching slaves to?
(a) hunting possum
(b) target shooting
(c) picking apples
7. What does Zonia's father say can happen if you miss someone too much?
(a) You can lose hope.
(b) You can stop seeing the world.
(c) You can stop remembering the person right.
(d) It can kill you.
8. What does Bertha say Loomis needs?
(a) someone to make him laugh
(b) someone to watch over him
(c) someone to keep him in line
(d) someone to feed him
9. What does Seth keep urging Bynum to do?
(a) stop talking to Loomis
(b) stop fidgeting in his seat
(c) stop singing and play
(d) stop cheating
10. What does Molly say her mother wouldn't do?
(a) leave a window open
(b) eat something she didn't make herself
(c) wear clothes worn by another
(d) drink anything someone gave her
11. What does Bynum say he used to do?
(a) pick apples
(b) pick tobacco
(c) pick oranges
(d) pick cotton
12. What does Reuben suggest might have happened to Zonia's mother?
(a) She might be dead.
(b) She might have married again.
(c) She might have left the country.
(d) She might have changed her name.
13. How long ago does Bynum say he learned the song?
(a) ten years ago
(b) four years ago
(c) six months ago
(d) fifteen years ago
14. Who does Loomis cut with his knife?
15. What has Joe Turner come with?
(a) forty links of chain
(b) a paper from a man
(c) a letter from a woman
(d) a golden necklace
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Seth apologize to Molly for?
2. What does Reuben say Zonia looks like?
3. What does Bertha give Mr. Loomis for breakfast?
4. How does Loomis react to Bynum's singing?
5. Where did Reuben see the dead person?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)