|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Jeremy fired?
(a) He wouldn't pay 50 cents extortion to keep his job.
(b) He dropped a hammer and injured another worker.
(c) He yelled at his boss.
(d) He was drinking on the job.
2. What does Mattie say, when Loomis asks her to come be with him?
(a) that he's married to Martha
(b) that she's had enough of men
(c) that he'd use her up too fast
(d) that she needs to wait for Jack
3. What does Loomis say he's forgotten?
(a) who to love
(b) how to forget
(c) how to forgive
(d) how to touch
4. What does Mattie say no man wants?
(a) a woman with a loud voice
(b) a woman with a checkered past
(c) a woman with no sense of humor
(d) a woman with a troubled mind
5. Where did Reuben see the dead person?
(a) in the sky
(b) by the pigeon coop
(c) through Seth's window
(d) by the church
6. Why did Martha move up North?
(a) because she was afraid of her mother
(b) because she didn't want to see Herald
(c) because she was lonely in the South
(d) because her church moved
7. Where does Bynum say the song he starts singing comes from?
(b) New Orleans
8. What does Bertha say Loomis needs?
(a) someone to feed him
(b) someone to make him laugh
(c) someone to keep him in line
(d) someone to watch over him
9. What does Jeremy suggest Molly needs a man for?
(a) to protect her
(b) to keep her out of trouble
(c) to help her make a living
(d) to have a good time
10. What does Loomis compare Joe Turner catching slaves to?
(b) hunting possum
(c) picking apples
(d) target shooting
11. What does Loomis say when Mattie asks what he'll do if he can't find his wife?
(a) Loomis says that if he doesn't find her, he'll die.
(b) Loomis says that if he doesn't find her, he'll live for his daughter.
(c) Loomis says that he can't not find her.
(d) Loomis says that if he doesn't find her, he doesn't know what will happen.
12. What does Bertha describe as Jeremy's flaw?
(a) being ignorant
(b) being blind
(c) being foolish
(d) being young
13. What are Seth and Bynum doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) playing cards
(b) playing checkers
(c) playing dominoes
(d) rolling dice
14. Who did Reuben see out in the yard the previous night?
15. What odd shift does Seth work?
(a) at night
(b) on the weekends
(c) every other day
(d) two hours on, two hours off
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reuben say Zonia looks like?
2. What does Molly say her mother wouldn't do?
3. What does Reuben say the ghost was wearing?
4. Who taught Seth to make pots and pans?
5. Why does Molly say she slept soundly?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)