|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Seth say jokingly that he married Bertha?
(a) her money
(b) her dresses
(c) her good cooking
(d) her sound advice
2. What did Selig's great grandfather do?
(a) married black lovers in his church
(b) bring blacks to America on ships
(c) tracked down criminals who ran away
(d) make clocks that kept perfect time
3. What is Bynum's reaction when Seth suggests a Juba?
(a) He says they Juba too much.
(b) He says he's always ready to Juba.
(c) He says he'll watch the others.
(d) He says he needs some rest.
4. Why does Selig say it's hard to find black people?
(a) They move around too often.
(b) They lie about their names.
(c) They look different from day to day.
(d) They get killed too often.
5. What is Bertha doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) sewing a dress
(c) cooking breakfast
(d) sweeping the floor
6. What does Seth tell Molly is served on Sundays?
(a) fresh eggs
(b) barbequed ribs
(c) roast beef
(d) fried chicken
7. What does Bynum say a woman can do?
(a) make you unable to see the truth
(b) make something out of you
(c) leave you in tears
(d) make you a child again
8. What did Mattie's man say was on her?
(a) the devil's breath
(b) an aura of death
(c) a dark cloud
(d) a curse prayer
9. Why did Selig leave his wife?
(a) She looked at him like she hated him.
(b) He couldn't stand her cooking.
(c) She was sleeping with other men in the town.
(d) He met another woman.
10. Where did Jeremy win his dollar?
(a) in a poker game in town
(b) in a bingo game at the church
(c) at work for being the fastest worker
(d) in a guitar contest at Seefus
11. What aspect of Mattie's looks does Jeremy comment on favorably?
(a) her hips
(b) her eyes
(c) her legs
(d) her hair
12. Why does Selig say he can't find Bynum's "shiny man"?
(a) He can't find someone without a name.
(b) The shiny man is always traveling and can't be tracked down.
(c) The shiny man lives too far away to find.
(d) He's looked everywhere and doesn't believe the shiny man exists.
13. What is Selig's nickname?
(a) the Bargain Maker
(b) the Pan Man
(c) the Binder of What Clings
(d) the People Finder
14. What is Seth having difficulty finding at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Martha Pentecost
(b) something to look forward to
(c) money to start up a business
(d) time to make his pots
15. What does Bynum say he has a woman in?
(a) future time
(b) living time
(c) memory time
(d) eternal time
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Seth and Bertha say about Loomis after he interrupts the Juba?
2. How does Seth realize who Herald Loomis' wife is?
3. What floor does Seth say he's got a room available on?
4. What happens when Loomis has a vision?
5. What does Bertha call Zonia?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)