|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mattie end up making a date with?
2. What does Bertha say about Loomis hiring Selig?
(a) He's made a good deal.
(b) He's wasted a dollar.
(c) He's got nothing to worry about now.
(d) He'll never hear from Selig again.
3. Why can't Bynum tell Selig the meaning of life?
(a) He says Selig isn't ready to understand.
(b) He says Selig doesn't really want to know.
(c) He says Selig resists the knowledge.
(d) He says Selig has to figure it out.
4. What does Bynum caution Jeremy that he's doing to Mattie, asking her to move in so soon?
(a) ignoring her
(b) spoiling her
(c) demeaning her
(d) making a promise he can't keep
5. Why does Selig say he can't find Bynum's "shiny man"?
(a) The shiny man is always traveling and can't be tracked down.
(b) The shiny man lives too far away to find.
(c) He can't find someone without a name.
(d) He's looked everywhere and doesn't believe the shiny man exists.
6. What is Bertha doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) staring out the window
(b) sweeping the floor
(c) fixing breakfast
(d) washing dishes
7. How long does Seth say it would take him to teach Bynum to make a pot?
(a) two hours
(b) two months
(c) two weeks
(d) two days
8. What does Molly come to Seth's house looking for?
(a) a job
(b) her husband
(c) a room
(d) her child
9. How much extra does Seth want to charge Herald Loomis per week for his daughter's food?
(a) seventy cents
(b) one dollar
(c) three dollars
(d) twenty cents
10. What does Bertha call Zonia?
(a) a happy innocent
(b) a lazy girl
(c) a good helper
(d) an ignorant child
11. How does Seth realize who Herald Loomis' wife is?
(a) Loomis shows him a necklace that's the same as his wife's.
(b) Loomis shows him a picture.
(c) She looks just like Loomis' daughter.
(d) He remembers the woman mentioning her husband's name.
12. What does Seth say Selig would have to do, if Seth got his business going?
(a) expand his territory
(b) work for Seth
(c) open up a store
(d) hire a helper
13. What is Bertha doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) cooking breakfast
(b) sweeping the floor
(d) sewing a dress
14. What does Seth think of Bynum's story of a shiny man?
(a) He thinks it's a story Bynum heard elsewhere.
(b) He thinks it's a hallucination.
(c) He thinks it's important to find out if it's true.
(d) He thinks it's nonsense.
15. Where does Seth chase Reuben and Zonia away from?
(a) the church
(b) the front porch
(c) the kitchen
(d) the vegetable garden
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Seth and Bertha say about Loomis after he interrupts the Juba?
2. How much does Seth figure out Selig owes him for six pots, subtracting what Seth owes Selig?
3. What was Jeremy arrested for?
4. In Bynum's metaphor, what is Mattie?
5. Where does Herald Loomis hang around?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)