|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Selig say he can't find Bynum's "shiny man"?
(a) He can't find someone without a name.
(b) The shiny man is always traveling and can't be tracked down.
(c) The shiny man lives too far away to find.
(d) He's looked everywhere and doesn't believe the shiny man exists.
2. Where does Bynum say everyone in the vision is going?
(a) up into the sky
(b) down into the cellar of the world
(c) along the road, their own ways
(d) into the ocean again
3. Who is Herald Loomis looking for?
(a) his uncle Paul
(b) his wife Martha
(c) his cousin Glory
(d) his son Gerry
4. What was Jeremy arrested for?
(a) brandishing a knife
(b) robbing a store
(c) being drunk
(d) stealing a cactus
5. What does Seth say about Martha's last name?
(a) She probably lied about her name.
(b) It's Pentecost, not Loomis.
(c) She probably changed her name.
(d) She always wanted a different name.
6. Why does Zonia say she and her father have to find her mother?
(a) They need to bring her mother news.
(b) Her mother ran away and left them.
(c) They need to give her mother an inheritance.
(d) Her mother is in trouble with the law.
7. What does Jeremy use instead of his guitar, as a makeshift instrument?
(a) He bangs on a pot.
(b) He drums on the table.
(c) He plays glasses.
(d) He plays a washboard.
8. How does Jeremy say Mattie treats him?
(a) like a child
(b) like he wants to be treated
(c) real bad and real good
(d) like she's afraid he's going to leave
9. What does Bynum say he has a woman in?
(a) eternal time
(b) living time
(c) memory time
(d) future time
10. What does Bertha suggest Seth do?
(a) get Martha a job in another town
(b) send Loomis away from the boarding house
(c) tell Martha that Loomis is looking for her
(d) tell Loomis Martha is in another state
11. How much time passes between the end of Act 1, Scene 1, and the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) one day
(b) three months
(c) one week
(d) a year
12. Why does Jeremy tell Mattie she should move in with him?
(a) because he wants to be with her forever
(b) so they can save money on lodging
(c) so neither has to be alone
(d) to have a good time
13. What does Seth say was Martha's job, when Bynum first came to the rooming house?
(a) taking care of Doc Goldblum's children
(b) sewing and cleaning for Doc Goldblum
(c) running the pharmacy for Doc Goldblum
(d) cooking for Doc Goldblum
14. How does Seth realize who Herald Loomis' wife is?
(a) She looks just like Loomis' daughter.
(b) Loomis shows him a picture.
(c) He remembers the woman mentioning her husband's name.
(d) Loomis shows him a necklace that's the same as his wife's.
15. Who left the rooming house, still owing Seth two dollars?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Seth and Bertha say about Loomis after he interrupts the Juba?
2. What two meals does Seth provide for his boarders?
3. What instrument does Seth play?
4. What does Bertha say about Loomis hiring Selig?
5. How long does Seth say it would take him to teach Bynum to make a pot?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)