|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is missing from the dinner table, at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What instrument does Seth play?
(a) a guitar
(c) a harmonica
(d) a horn
3. Who does Jeremy compare Bertha's cooking to?
(a) his aunt's
(b) his own
(d) his mother's
4. What aspect of Mattie's looks does Jeremy comment on favorably?
(a) her eyes
(b) her legs
(c) her hair
(d) her hips
5. What does Bertha call Zonia?
(a) a happy innocent
(b) an ignorant child
(c) a lazy girl
(d) a good helper
6. Who leads the Juba, as the caller?
7. Where does Bynum say everyone in the vision is going?
(a) into the ocean again
(b) up into the sky
(c) along the road, their own ways
(d) down into the cellar of the world
8. Why does Selig say he can't find Bynum's "shiny man"?
(a) The shiny man lives too far away to find.
(b) He can't find someone without a name.
(c) The shiny man is always traveling and can't be tracked down.
(d) He's looked everywhere and doesn't believe the shiny man exists.
9. Why doesn't Seth want to tell Loomis where Martha is?
(a) He doesn't know for sure which Martha he's looking for.
(b) He wants Loomis to give him money first.
(c) He's afraid Loomis wants to harm her.
(d) He wants to keep Martha away from her daughter.
10. What does Reuben sell to Bynum?
(b) carving tools
11. What does Herald Loomis say his profession is?
12. Where did Jeremy win his dollar?
(a) in a bingo game at the church
(b) at work for being the fastest worker
(c) in a guitar contest at Seefus
(d) in a poker game in town
13. What does Seth tell Bertha to set aside, to come Juba instead?
(a) the dishes
(b) the laundry
(c) the baking
(d) the mending
14. What does Mattie offer to help with?
(b) cleaning the house
(c) making pots
(d) peeling potatoes
15. What does Seth think of Bynum's story of a shiny man?
(a) He thinks it's a hallucination.
(b) He thinks it's nonsense.
(c) He thinks it's a story Bynum heard elsewhere.
(d) He thinks it's important to find out if it's true.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Selig ask Seth to make with the metal sheets he's brought?
2. Has Seth been successful finding funding for his business?
3. What does Bertha want Seth to make her?
4. Where does Seth chase Reuben and Zonia away from?
5. What do Seth and Bertha say about Loomis after he interrupts the Juba?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)