|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it odd that Loomis is wearing his coat?
(a) The coat is dirty.
(b) The weather is hot.
(c) The rain will stain it.
(d) He said he was pawning the coat.
2. Why does Selig say it's hard to find black people?
(a) They look different from day to day.
(b) They lie about their names.
(c) They move around too often.
(d) They get killed too often.
3. What does Bynum compare a woman to, that's "all a man needs to live on"?
(a) water and berries
(b) bread and wine
(c) biscuits and gravy
(d) meat and milk
4. What is Bertha doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) fixing breakfast
(b) washing dishes
(c) sweeping the floor
(d) staring out the window
5. What do lenders want from Seth?
(a) They want him to guarantee returns in writing.
(b) They want him to sign over 50% of the business.
(c) They want him to sign over his house.
(d) They want him to pay 10% interest.
6. Where does Bynum say everyone in the vision is going?
(a) down into the cellar of the world
(b) along the road, their own ways
(c) into the ocean again
(d) up into the sky
7. What does Mattie say about moving in to the boardinghouse?
(a) She will need a few days to finish moving.
(b) She didn't have many things and Jeremy helped her.
(c) She had to sell some of her things to have room.
(d) She didn't bring all of her things.
8. What does Bertha call Zonia?
(a) a lazy girl
(b) a good helper
(c) an ignorant child
(d) a happy innocent
9. Who does Bertha say she gets along with?
10. How does Seth realize who Herald Loomis' wife is?
(a) He remembers the woman mentioning her husband's name.
(b) Loomis shows him a picture.
(c) She looks just like Loomis' daughter.
(d) Loomis shows him a necklace that's the same as his wife's.
11. How much does Seth figure out Selig owes him for six pots, subtracting what Seth owes Selig?
(a) thirty-five cents
(b) one dollar and twenty-two cents
(c) ten dollars and seventy-five cents
(d) four dollars and eighty cents
12. In Bynum's metaphor, what is Mattie?
(a) the road
(b) land in the distance
(c) a plate of food
(d) the wind
13. How many dustpans does Seth have to sell Selig on his second visit?
14. Who questions Loomis about his vision?
15. What does Bertha say about Loomis hiring Selig?
(a) He's made a good deal.
(b) He's got nothing to worry about now.
(c) He'll never hear from Selig again.
(d) He's wasted a dollar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Loomis say he can't stand up?
2. What did Mattie's man say was on her?
3. Where was Molly planning on going, if she hadn't missed the train?
4. What type of business does Seth want to start?
5. What floor does Seth say he's got a room available on?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)