|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Seth say Selig would have to do, if Seth got his business going?
(a) open up a store
(b) work for Seth
(c) expand his territory
(d) hire a helper
2. What floor does Seth say he's got a room available on?
(a) the basement
(b) the second floor
(c) the first floor
(d) the third floor
3. What does Seth tell Bertha to set aside, to come Juba instead?
(a) the laundry
(b) the dishes
(c) the baking
(d) the mending
4. When will Selig come again?
(a) when the season changes
(b) in a month
(c) the next day
(d) the next Saturday
5. Who does Mattie end up making a date with?
6. What do lenders want from Seth?
(a) They want him to sign over his house.
(b) They want him to guarantee returns in writing.
(c) They want him to sign over 50% of the business.
(d) They want him to pay 10% interest.
7. How much extra does Seth want to charge Herald Loomis per week for his daughter's food?
(a) three dollars
(b) seventy cents
(c) one dollar
(d) twenty cents
8. What does Seth say about Martha's last name?
(a) It's Pentecost, not Loomis.
(b) She probably lied about her name.
(c) She always wanted a different name.
(d) She probably changed her name.
9. Who does Bertha suggest Martha first came to the town to see?
10. How long does Seth say Bynum has been at the rooming house?
(a) ten years
(b) two months
(c) a year
(d) three years
11. Why does Selig say he can't find Bynum's "shiny man"?
(a) The shiny man lives too far away to find.
(b) He's looked everywhere and doesn't believe the shiny man exists.
(c) The shiny man is always traveling and can't be tracked down.
(d) He can't find someone without a name.
12. What does Bynum compare Jeremy to?
(a) a child running away from home
(b) a ship on the sea
(c) an apple on a tree
(d) an ant crawling across a table
13. What does Bynum compare a woman to, that's "all a man needs to live on"?
(a) bread and wine
(b) biscuits and gravy
(c) meat and milk
(d) water and berries
14. What does Bertha call Zonia?
(a) a good helper
(b) an ignorant child
(c) a lazy girl
(d) a happy innocent
15. Why does Zonia say she and her father have to find her mother?
(a) They need to give her mother an inheritance.
(b) They need to bring her mother news.
(c) Her mother is in trouble with the law.
(d) Her mother ran away and left them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Selig leave his wife?
2. Who is Herald Loomis looking for?
3. Has Seth been successful finding funding for his business?
4. What is Selig's nickname?
5. How much time has passed between the end of Act 1, Scene 2 and the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)