|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Seth say Bynum has been at the rooming house?
(a) a year
(b) three years
(c) two months
(d) ten years
2. What happens when Loomis has a vision?
(a) He collapses in terror.
(b) He runs away from the house.
(c) He bursts into flame.
(d) He begins shaking and can't stop.
3. What does Bertha tell Seth to get ready for?
4. What does Bynum compare Jeremy to?
(a) a ship on the sea
(b) an apple on a tree
(c) an ant crawling across a table
(d) a child running away from home
5. What was Jeremy arrested for?
(a) robbing a store
(b) stealing a cactus
(c) brandishing a knife
(d) being drunk
6. What does Herald Loomis say his profession is?
7. What does Bertha say about Loomis hiring Selig?
(a) He'll never hear from Selig again.
(b) He's made a good deal.
(c) He's got nothing to worry about now.
(d) He's wasted a dollar.
8. What does Bertha suggest Seth do?
(a) send Loomis away from the boarding house
(b) tell Martha that Loomis is looking for her
(c) get Martha a job in another town
(d) tell Loomis Martha is in another state
9. How does Bynum say that Seth looks?
10. Who is Sally?
(a) Selig's wife
(b) Selig's horse
(c) Selig's daugher
(d) Selig's cat
11. Why did Martha leave the rooming house?
(a) She went to be with her mother.
(b) She found cheaper lodgings.
(c) They moved the church.
(d) She married a man.
12. Where does Bynum say everyone in the vision is going?
(a) into the ocean again
(b) along the road, their own ways
(c) up into the sky
(d) down into the cellar of the world
13. In what strange way does Loomis start to speak?
(a) in tongues
(c) in French
(d) in Swahili
14. Has Seth been successful finding funding for his business?
(a) No, several people have turned him down.
(b) No, the one businessman who could back him won't.
(c) Yes, he's found all the funding he needs.
(d) Yes, he's found one backer, but he needs more.
15. What is Seth having difficulty finding at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Martha Pentecost
(b) time to make his pots
(c) something to look forward to
(d) money to start up a business
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Loomis say is happening as Bynum tells him that everyone in the vision is standing up?
2. How long does Seth say it would take him to teach Bynum to make a pot?
3. What do Jeremy and Molly compliment Bertha on?
4. What does Bertha call Zonia?
5. Who does Bertha suggest Martha first came to the town to see?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)