|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herald Loomis say his profession is?
2. What does Seth think of Bynum's story of a shiny man?
(a) He thinks it's important to find out if it's true.
(b) He thinks it's a story Bynum heard elsewhere.
(c) He thinks it's a hallucination.
(d) He thinks it's nonsense.
3. What was Jeremy arrested for?
(a) robbing a store
(b) stealing a cactus
(c) being drunk
(d) brandishing a knife
4. What does Loomis start to do to demonstrate how big he is?
(a) jump up on the table
(b) stand on his toes
(c) hold out his arms
(d) unzip his pants
5. What is Bertha doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) washing dishes
(b) fixing breakfast
(c) staring out the window
(d) sweeping the floor
6. How long does Seth say Bynum has been at the rooming house?
(a) three years
(b) ten years
(c) a year
(d) two months
7. What instrument does Seth play?
(a) a guitar
(c) a horn
(d) a harmonica
8. Where does Herald Loomis hang around?
(a) outside the church
(b) on the front porch
(c) in the town square
(d) at the local store
9. Where does Molly go after paying Seth for a week's board and lodging?
(a) to the outhouse
(b) to the church
(c) out to the twon
(d) to her room
10. How much extra does Seth want to charge Herald Loomis per week for his daughter's food?
(a) seventy cents
(b) one dollar
(c) twenty cents
(d) three dollars
11. What does Bertha tell Seth to get ready for?
12. When will Selig come again?
(a) the next Saturday
(b) the next day
(c) when the season changes
(d) in a month
13. Who does Bertha say she gets along with?
14. Who offers help if Mattie or Molly need anything, now that they've moved into the rooming house?
15. What is Bertha doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) sweeping the floor
(c) sewing a dress
(d) cooking breakfast
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mattie's man say was on her?
2. How does Jeremy say Mattie treats him?
3. What chore does Bertha ask Seth to help her with?
4. Where does Bynum say everyone in the vision is going?
5. Why can't Bynum tell Selig the meaning of life?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)