|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Seth say it would take him to teach Bynum to make a pot?
(a) two months
(b) two weeks
(c) two hours
(d) two days
2. Who does Jeremy want Selig to find?
(a) a brother he's lost track of
(b) his aunt he knew as a child
(c) a girl he used to know
(d) a cousin from another state
3. Why does Seth say jokingly that he married Bertha?
(a) her good cooking
(b) her money
(c) her sound advice
(d) her dresses
4. What was Jeremy arrested for?
(a) being drunk
(b) brandishing a knife
(c) stealing a cactus
(d) robbing a store
5. Why does Selig say he can't find Bynum's "shiny man"?
(a) The shiny man is always traveling and can't be tracked down.
(b) He's looked everywhere and doesn't believe the shiny man exists.
(c) The shiny man lives too far away to find.
(d) He can't find someone without a name.
6. Who does Bertha suggest Martha first came to the town to see?
7. What does Seth think of Bynum's story of a shiny man?
(a) He thinks it's nonsense.
(b) He thinks it's a story Bynum heard elsewhere.
(c) He thinks it's important to find out if it's true.
(d) He thinks it's a hallucination.
8. How does Bynum say that Seth looks?
9. What did the last person Seth said "wasn't right" do?
(a) got arrested for stealing
(b) kidnapped a child
(c) jumped off a bridge
(d) ran away with a circus
10. What aspect of Mattie's looks does Jeremy comment on favorably?
(a) her hair
(b) her hips
(c) her legs
(d) her eyes
11. What does Seth say about Martha's last name?
(a) She probably lied about her name.
(b) It's Pentecost, not Loomis.
(c) She always wanted a different name.
(d) She probably changed her name.
12. What is Bertha doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) cooking breakfast
(b) sweeping the floor
(c) sewing a dress
13. Who questions Loomis about his vision?
14. What is Bertha doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) washing dishes
(b) staring out the window
(c) sweeping the floor
(d) fixing breakfast
15. What does Jeremy use instead of his guitar, as a makeshift instrument?
(a) He drums on the table.
(b) He plays glasses.
(c) He plays a washboard.
(d) He bangs on a pot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Bynum tell Selig the meaning of life?
2. What is Seth having difficulty finding at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What does Herald Loomis say his profession is?
4. What does Bynum compare a woman to, that's "all a man needs to live on"?
5. In what strange way does Loomis start to speak?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)