|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many more dustpans does Selig want?
(b) as many as Seth can make
2. Who does Jeremy want Selig to find?
(a) his aunt he knew as a child
(b) a cousin from another state
(c) a girl he used to know
(d) a brother he's lost track of
3. What did Selig's great grandfather do?
(a) tracked down criminals who ran away
(b) make clocks that kept perfect time
(c) bring blacks to America on ships
(d) married black lovers in his church
4. What does Bynum give Mattie?
(a) a potion to drink to bring love to her
(b) a cloth packet to put under her pillow for luck
(c) a pouch of herbs to make a tea that will ease pain
(d) a candle to burn each night until she forgets her sorrow
5. What does Bynum say a woman can do?
(a) leave you in tears
(b) make something out of you
(c) make you a child again
(d) make you unable to see the truth
6. What do lenders want from Seth?
(a) They want him to guarantee returns in writing.
(b) They want him to pay 10% interest.
(c) They want him to sign over his house.
(d) They want him to sign over 50% of the business.
7. How much time has passed between the end of Act 1, Scene 2 and the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) one month
(b) one week
(c) one day
(d) one year
8. In what strange way does Loomis start to speak?
(b) in tongues
(c) in French
(d) in Swahili
9. What is the first question Seth asks Molly?
(a) how long she's staying
(b) where she comes from
(c) who told her about his house
(d) whether she has any money
10. What does Bertha want Seth to make her?
(a) a baking sheet
(b) a coffee pot
(c) a metal platter
(d) a frying pan
11. Who questions Loomis about his vision?
12. Why can't Bynum tell Selig the meaning of life?
(a) He says Selig resists the knowledge.
(b) He says Selig has to figure it out.
(c) He says Selig doesn't really want to know.
(d) He says Selig isn't ready to understand.
13. What does Seth suggest Herald Loomis might do?
(a) steal bread and chickens
(b) rob the church
(c) rob a bank
(d) burn down a farm
14. What fine did Jeremy have to pay?
(a) no fine
(b) thirty dollars
(c) fifty cents
(d) two dollars
15. What floor does Seth say he's got a room available on?
(a) the second floor
(b) the basement
(c) the third floor
(d) the first floor
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Seth tell Molly is served on Sundays?
2. How much time passes between the end of Act 1, Scene 1, and the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Why is it odd that Loomis is wearing his coat?
4. What does Bertha call Zonia?
5. Has Seth been successful finding funding for his business?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)