|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time has passed between the end of Act 1, Scene 2 and the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) one year
(b) one day
(c) one month
(d) one week
2. What chore does Bertha ask Seth to help her with?
(a) cooking breakfast
(b) clearing the leaves
(c) turning a mattress
(d) hauling out the trash
3. What floor does Seth say he's got a room available on?
(a) the basement
(b) the second floor
(c) the first floor
(d) the third floor
4. What does Loomis say he's waiting on, when Bynum asks him?
(a) the water to recede
(b) the breath to go into his body
(c) the Earth to crackle
(d) the sun to rise up
5. Why can't Bynum tell Selig the meaning of life?
(a) He says Selig resists the knowledge.
(b) He says Selig isn't ready to understand.
(c) He says Selig doesn't really want to know.
(d) He says Selig has to figure it out.
6. Why doesn't Seth want to tell Loomis where Martha is?
(a) He wants to keep Martha away from her daughter.
(b) He's afraid Loomis wants to harm her.
(c) He wants Loomis to give him money first.
(d) He doesn't know for sure which Martha he's looking for.
7. What fine did Jeremy have to pay?
(a) thirty dollars
(b) two dollars
(c) fifty cents
(d) no fine
8. What does Loomis say is happening as Bynum tells him that everyone in the vision is standing up?
(a) Loomis says the water is receding and the world is drying out.
(b) Loomis says the sky is turning black and the ground is liquidifying.
(c) Loomis says the ground is shaking and the world is rending.
(d) Loomis says the fog is closing in on him.
9. Who does Bertha say she gets along with?
10. What is the first question Seth asks Molly?
(a) where she comes from
(b) whether she has any money
(c) how long she's staying
(d) who told her about his house
11. Where did Jeremy win his dollar?
(a) in a bingo game at the church
(b) in a poker game in town
(c) in a guitar contest at Seefus
(d) at work for being the fastest worker
12. What does Seth say was Martha's job, when Bynum first came to the rooming house?
(a) cooking for Doc Goldblum
(b) taking care of Doc Goldblum's children
(c) sewing and cleaning for Doc Goldblum
(d) running the pharmacy for Doc Goldblum
13. What does Loomis start to do to demonstrate how big he is?
(a) hold out his arms
(b) unzip his pants
(c) jump up on the table
(d) stand on his toes
14. What did the last person Seth said "wasn't right" do?
(a) jumped off a bridge
(b) ran away with a circus
(c) kidnapped a child
(d) got arrested for stealing
15. Where does Bynum say he gets his name?
(a) because he buys nothing
(b) because he binds people
(c) because he does magic by numbers
(d) because he is from Bynum
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Seth think of Bynum's story of a shiny man?
2. What does Seth tell Bertha to set aside, to come Juba instead?
3. How long does Seth say Bynum has been at the rooming house?
4. How much time passes between the end of Act 1, Scene 1, and the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What is Bertha doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)