|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does he say made up the song?
(d) a bartender
2. Why does Loomis say he can't stand up?
(a) He says his legs are missing.
(b) He says the Earth is grabbing him.
(c) He says his legs won't stand.
(d) He says he doesn't want to stand.
3. Who was Joe Turner's brother?
(a) governor of Tennessee
(b) police chief of Memphis
(c) U.S. senator for Tennessee
(d) mayor of Memphis
4. What does Seth apologize to Molly for?
(a) Loomis' behavior
(b) asking for too much money
(c) getting angry
(d) the late breakfast
5. What aspect of Mattie's looks does Jeremy comment on favorably?
(a) her eyes
(b) her legs
(c) her hips
(d) her hair
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Seth and Bynum doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What floor does Seth say he's got a room available on?
3. What does Reuben sell to Bynum?
4. Why does Seth say jokingly that he married Bertha?
5. How much extra does Seth want to charge Herald Loomis per week for his daughter's food?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)