|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bertha say about Loomis hiring Selig?
(a) He'll never hear from Selig again.
(b) He's made a good deal.
(c) He's wasted a dollar.
(d) He's got nothing to worry about now.
2. What does Seth think of Bynum's story of a shiny man?
(a) He thinks it's nonsense.
(b) He thinks it's a hallucination.
(c) He thinks it's a story Bynum heard elsewhere.
(d) He thinks it's important to find out if it's true.
3. How does Seth realize who Herald Loomis' wife is?
(a) He remembers the woman mentioning her husband's name.
(b) Loomis shows him a picture.
(c) She looks just like Loomis' daughter.
(d) Loomis shows him a necklace that's the same as his wife's.
4. What chore does Bertha ask Seth to help her with?
(a) hauling out the trash
(b) clearing the leaves
(c) cooking breakfast
(d) turning a mattress
5. What was Jeremy arrested for?
(a) being drunk
(b) brandishing a knife
(c) robbing a store
(d) stealing a cactus
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Seth chase Reuben and Zonia away from?
2. What does Seth say was Martha's job, when Bynum first came to the rooming house?
3. What does Bynum give Mattie?
4. Why is it odd that Loomis is wearing his coat?
5. What does Herald Loomis say his profession is?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)