|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Seth realize who Herald Loomis' wife is?
(a) She looks just like Loomis' daughter.
(b) He remembers the woman mentioning her husband's name.
(c) Loomis shows him a picture.
(d) Loomis shows him a necklace that's the same as his wife's.
2. Where does Seth chase Reuben and Zonia away from?
(a) the church
(b) the kitchen
(c) the front porch
(d) the vegetable garden
3. How much time passes between the end of Act 1, Scene 1, and the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) a year
(b) three months
(c) one week
(d) one day
4. What fine did Jeremy have to pay?
(a) no fine
(b) thirty dollars
(c) two dollars
(d) fifty cents
5. What is Seth having difficulty finding at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) money to start up a business
(b) time to make his pots
(c) something to look forward to
(d) Martha Pentecost
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bynum caution Jeremy that he's doing to Mattie, asking her to move in so soon?
2. Why is it odd that Loomis is wearing his coat?
3. In Bynum's metaphor, what is Mattie?
4. What does Seth think of Bynum's story of a shiny man?
5. When will Selig come again?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)