|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 14 begins with what?
2. When Arthur died there was little __________ left.
3. Where was this surprise located?
4. Now that Nico and Michael were both studying at Eton, Barrie spent his time developing a one-act play, titled _______________.
5. What happened when Gerrie became so upset?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when James learned of his wife's relationship with Gilbert?
2. How did Arthur die?
3. Describe George's last letter to Barrie. What then happens to George?
4. How did Frohman's agreement to change his travel plans prove to be fatal?
5. How is Barrie now able to spend time developing a play? What is the title of this play?
6. Was the 25 miles Arthur put between Barrie and Egerton House enough? Why or why not?
7. Describe the Davies' new home.
8. What takes place between Mary and Gilbert Cannan?
9. What does Barrie think about Jack's engagement to Geraldine Gibb?
10. Why did Barrie not realize what was going on between Mary and Gilbert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Barrie was rewarded for his work.
Part 1) How was he rewarded? Why was he rewarded? How might he have felt about being rewarded? Why?
Part 2) What is ironic about his recognition from Edinburgh University? How might he have felt about this recognition? What does all of this recognition reinforce about Barrie and his work?
Part 3) How have you been recognized in your own life? How did this recognition affect you? How important is it to be recognized for one's work? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
James meets Sylvia Davies at a New Year's Eve dinner party.
Part 1) Describe this meeting. How is it significant? Why is the relationship between Barrie and the Davies family so important? How is it different from his other relationships? Why?
Part 2) What role do the Davies play in Barrie's attraction to them? How does his attraction affect them?
Part 3) To whom are you attracted? Why? What relationships are the most important to your life? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Barrie had a few close friends.
Part 1) Who are four of his closest friends? Describe each of these friends. What do these people have in common with Barrie?
Part 2) How do these friends influence Barrie? How important are Barrie's friends to his life and work? Why?
Part 3) How important are your own friends and acquaintances in your own life? Why? How does this compare to Barrie?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)