|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 14 begins with what?
2. Chapter 13 begins with the discovery of what?
3. When did the Lusitania sink?
4. Arthur was how old when this happened?
5. How did Nico do at school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barrie think about Jack's engagement to Geraldine Gibb?
2. What was one of the few things Mary Hodgson and Barrie had in common?
3. Describe the Davies' new home.
4. Was the 25 miles Arthur put between Barrie and Egerton House enough? Why or why not?
5. How did Frohman's agreement to change his travel plans prove to be fatal?
6. How does Chapter 13 begin?
7. How did Arthur's recuperation in a nursing home affect Barrie?
8. Why did Barrie not realize what was going on between Mary and Gilbert?
9. Why does Charles Frohman plan to leave earlier for London?
10. What takes place between Mary and Gilbert Cannan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Barrie was inspired by children.
Part 1) Describe Barrie's interest in children. Why does he like children so much? How does his past influence this?
Part 2) How are these children important to his life and work? How is Barrie also important to these children? How does his relationship with children affect his relationships with adults?
Part 3) What are your feelings about children? Why? Who inspires you? Why? How do these people compare to Barrie's inspirations?
Essay Topic 2
"Peter Pan" debuts on December 22, 1904.
Part 1) Describe the evolution of this play. What changes and additions took place? Why? What led to this play's debut?
Part 2) How was the play received? Why might it have been received in this way? How might these reviews have affected Barrie? Might these critics have changed their minds if they knew the popularity of the Peter Pan story? Explain.
Part 3) What play or film that you have recently seen will be as popular and well-known as Peter Pan? Why?
Essay Topic 3
The Davies boys grow up.
Part 1) Describe the changes that take place in the lives of the Davies boys. How do these changes affect Barrie? Why do they affect him in this way?
Part 2) Does Barrie handle these changes well? Why or why not? How do you know he treated the boys as a father might treat his sons? How do they show him they care for him like a father?
Part 3) What troubles have you caused your own parents? Why? How do you also show them you appreciate what they do for you?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)