|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would the Barries soon end up?
2. What happened when Gerrie became so upset?
3. Peter would later refer to Barrie's visits as what?
4. Toward the end, Arthur could no longer ___________, and it seemed as if his tenuous relationship with Barrie had improved and involved into fondness.
5. Barrie had been unable to spend much time with Sylvia and the boys in the summer of 1908 but surprised them with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was one of the few things Mary Hodgson and Barrie had in common?
2. How did Arthur's recuperation in a nursing home affect Barrie?
3. What does Barrie continue to do after George and Frohman's deaths?
4. Describe George's last letter to Barrie. What then happens to George?
5. How does Arthur become ill?
6. How is Barrie now able to spend time developing a play? What is the title of this play?
7. What does Barrie learn about Mary and Gilbert's marriage?
8. Why did Barrie not realize what was going on between Mary and Gilbert?
9. How does Chapter 13 begin?
10. How does Chapter 14 begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
James graduated from Edinburgh University.
Part 1) Describe his experiences at Edinburgh. Why did he attend college? How does this reinforce his role in the family? How does this personally affect him?
Part 2) How was his college experience positive? To what did it lead? Could he have done all he did without his college degree? Why or why not?
Part 3) Is higher learning important to you? Why or why not? How might your life be without a college degree? How might this compare to your life with a college degree? What might be the reasons for these differences?
Essay Topic 2
Barrie had a few close friends.
Part 1) Who are four of his closest friends? Describe each of these friends. What do these people have in common with Barrie?
Part 2) How do these friends influence Barrie? How important are Barrie's friends to his life and work? Why?
Part 3) How important are your own friends and acquaintances in your own life? Why? How does this compare to Barrie?
Essay Topic 3
Barrie loved theater and literature.
Part 1) Describe his first theater and literature experiences. How did his family encourage these interests? Why did this interest continue throughout his life?
Part 2) How was his personality suited for these interests? How did these interests influence his entire life?
Part 3) What interests do you have? How have you come to have these interests? How do they influence your life?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)